Timeout

بواسطة ImKyuned

After an injury, the young Wide Receiver Changkyun has no other choice than taking extra lessons, to improve... المزيد

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17

Final Part

282 15 1
بواسطة ImKyuned

TIMEOUT - Final Part

"Y/N!" he gasps as he sees you standing at the sideline behind the barrier and walks up to you. "You're here?!"

"Yeah but you apparently aren't?" you reply, worried. "Kyun, what is wrong?"

Gosh. Seeing your beautiful face now overwhelms him so, so much. Since the day you met, you've always been the person that gives him the most comfort, so the words bubble out of him almost immediately.

"What if you were right? This can't be all I want!" he rants. "Running after a damn ball, completely ignoring my education and what's really important in life. And it turns out that I'm not even good enough in the thing I'm risking my education for. And at the same time, I'm so scared to give 100% because what if I get hurt again? There are so many things in my mind right now, my entire future is at stake, and still, all I can think of is how to make this up to you! I miss you! I miss you so much but you deserve a smart dude, someone that has a plan, someone that makes you happy and that has his anger under control! Someone that doesn't go berserk and beat a dude half dead and—"

"Kyun!" you interrupt his monologue. "I'm sorry!"

Baffled, his jaw drops.

"For so many years I was hiding after what happened to me. I was running away from it and studying became my only priority and I kind of projected this on you... wanted you to be the same.

All of this made me selfish. Cause the mere thought of you seeing Emery on a regular basis when you got back on the team scared me so much. And at the same time, I knew what he's capable of. I knew he'd provoke you and you'd freak out! And when it happened... I was so mad because I was right!" Tears run down your cheeks and Kyun takes a step closer, cups your cheeks, and dries them.

"I never meant to let you down. When I heard you really got kicked out of the team I felt horrible. Because I could only imagine how devastated you were. But I was still so mad and I thought... I thought you never wanted to see me again, after what I said to you. Until your message last night... Kyun... please. Only because I'm too scared to embrace life, doesn't mean you have to be the same. You used to be so fearless, so happy. This is your dream. Don't let me ruin it!"

For a moment he watches you crying, and as you seem to be done with your speech he smiles softly.

"Can I speak now?"

Sobbing, you nod.

"I'm so sorry too! The moment I heard your words I was falling apart. And then I drowned in practice instead of clarifying this with you. I wanted to. But something inside of me thought as long as I pushed it away... you'd still be my girlfriend. Cause I was convinced you'd break up with me..."

"And then I did..." you whisper and he chuckles quietly.

"But I deserved that... you told me to stay out of this. And I freaked the shit out. I never meant to hurt you... I just... all I wanted was to be a guy you wanna be with... I wanted to change for you... and the fact that I was trying so hard and it still didn't seem to be enough, cut me deep... and I let it out on Emery..."

Better him than anyone else, though.

"I don't want you to change, Kyunnie!" you say desperately and lower your head. "I already love you exactly like this!" you add, mumbling.

Startled, he shakes his head, still holding your cheeks, and lowers his gaze to catch your eyes while his heart almost explodes in his chest. What did you just say?

"What was that?"

Groaning, you look at him. "You heard me!"

"No..." he shakes his head, smiling like an idiot. "No, it's pretty loud here..."

Playfully whining, you push him away and he chuckles while pulling you closer again.

"I love you, too! God, I love you so much!"

Immediately your cheeks turn rosy and you smile at him so beautifully. Gently, he cups your cheeks again and leans in to finally kiss you again.

But before his lips can reach yours, you suddenly push him away. "Uh-uh!"

Wide-eyed he looks at you.

What the fuck?

"Changkyun... I didn't spend the past two weeks since you returned to the team studying football only to stand here now for almost two hours, and watch you dropping one ball after the other, even though I saw you catching a damn ball with one hand and a broken leg a few weeks ago!"

Surprised, he looks at you. You learned about football, even though you were fighting? For him?

His heart skips a giant beat.

"My words apparently have a lot of impact on you..." you say. "So I'll take advantage of that! Go back there and show me your damn beast mode or you'll never get to kiss me again!"

These words throw Kyun even more off guard. "But—"

"No buts, Kyun!" you say in a playful angry voice and push him gently away from you. You're so cute when you're bossy. And he can't deny that there's a lot more motivation in him now.

"Yes ma'am!" Smiling, he looks at you before turning around and walking back to the coach.

"I can play again!" he says and puts his helmet back on.

The coach looks at him confused. "What?"

"Let me fucking play!" he insists.

"This is the third try and 20 yards!" he replies. "We have to—"

"Easy!" Kyun smirks and runs on the field.

The moment Shownu spots Kyun, he looks at Hanson and signals him to leave. He obeys without hesitation.

Gratefully, Kyun nods at the Quarterback and the rest of the team change their formation, cause they know it's a passing game now that Kyun is back.

Full of adrenaline he gets in position and at Shownu's signal, he runs, faster than he's ever run before. With ease, he manages to shake off the rivals' defense and jumps into the air while turning around. With a lot of pressure, the ball collides with Kyun's chest and he holds it tightly while falling on his back, groaning. His sore muscles are still killing him.

Wait!

The loud cheering of the audience rips him out of his pain. One second later Wonho throws himself on top of him, screaming with excitement.

A touchdown!

He made a touchdown!

In the following minutes, there's a complete change of the team's mindset visible. With Kyun being more confident again, his teammates finally seem to believe in themselves as well. Joo, Wonho, Shownu, and Kyun dominate the match and make one touchdown after the other.

Kihyun's incredible field goals even from a long distance if a drive doesn't work as well as planned are the cherry on top.

But... no matter how much they're trying, the rivals' first half was way too good.

So, as Kyun and the rest of the offense start their third try in the drive, there are only a few seconds left on the clock.

Shownu lifts his head and looks at the coach, who immediately nods and calls for a timeout. One second later, the ref's whistle rings out.

The Quarterback waves the team over and they all gather around him.

"We all know what comes next...", he says and looks at Kyun who nods certainly. Only a last-minute touchdown, caught from a long distance can clinch their victory now - a Hail Mary.

"We practiced this so many times!" Shownu says and turns around over and over again to look at all the player's faces one by one.

"We're so close to winning this championship!", their leader says. "And we won't let this get taken away from us! LET'S GO!"

The team claps their hands and growls loudly before they get back in position.

Kyun feels his heart in his chest escalating. The pressure is high, especially since this last play is all about luck.

The O-Line has to do a great job to protect Shownu for as long as possible from the Defense-players, so Kyun and his teammates have enough time to reach the end zone. The end zone, in which the rest of the Defense already awaits them.

"READY!", Shownu shouts again. "SET - OMAHA!"

At Shownu's signal, Kyun and his teammates immediately start running.

Their starting position sucks so they have to run almost 60 yards to get close to the endzone. And he hopes the rest of the team can make enough time for Shownu.

Kyun looks back and sees the ball flying in his direction. But he realizes soon that it's too short. It will never reach the end zone.

"FUCK!", gasping, he stops abruptly and jumps up, fishes the ball from the air, and lands back on his feet.

When he looks up, he sees seven defense players running towards him.

Immediately he rotates around his own axis, shakes one player off, and runs, his eyes fixed on his goal. Suddenly he feels the presence of the other team's player in his neck. Groaning, he tries to shake him off as well. From the corner of his eye, he sees Wonho running over to them before the Tight End blocks the Defense player.

Kyun is just about to jump into the end zone as he feels some hands around his hips, ripping him to the ground, and he falls on his face.

Gasping he looks up and sees his hand holding the ball above his head - only inches away from the end zone.

For a moment all Kyun hears is his own heavy breathing and the blood rushing through his veins as he tries to process what that means.

The whistle of the ref echoes over the field. Every inch of Kyun's body wants to get up and try it again... until he realizes it's over.

They've lost.

While clinging to the ball he pulls his hand to his chest, turns on his back, takes off his helmet, and stares into the night sky.

And he was so sure he'd make it. That they'd make it...

Wonho falls next to him in the grass, gasping for air.

"We did... our best, man!" the Tight End says, panting, and Kyun nods without looking at him.

He really did his best. But again it wasn't enough.

Kyun has no idea how much time passes while he lays there on the ground, staring into the night. Multiple times his teammates and coach try to make him get up but he doesn't want to. He wants to keep on laying here. Just like this.

Gradually the noise around him slowly dies down.

"Kyunnie!" he suddenly hears your voice and his head shoots to the side. Without another word, you slip down next to him, take his hand off the ball, and open his arm, before you lay into his embrace.

And suddenly... he feels so much peace, seeing your beautiful face and the way you look at him. This is everything....

"You were amazing!" you whisper and caress his cheek and again his heart begins to race and there are millions of butterflies in his stomach.

"But it wasn't enough..."

"Who cares?" you shrug. "That's life. It's okay to lose sometimes..."

Smiling, Kyun lets his hand run through your hair and watches your gorgeous face.

"Thank you for coming - and for the pep-talk!"

"Was an honor to watch you!" you smirk. "And I'm sure I owe you a reward!"

With these words, you pull him to your lips. For a moment, Kyun is frozen, so overwhelmed by this, until he smiles into the kiss and pulls you closer. It feels like an eternity since he last kissed you and yet it's so familiar. Your lips are still so damn soft and there's so much love and passion within your kiss that Kyun becomes weak. He might've lost the game tonight, but getting you back is so much better than winning the championship.

When you lean back again, there's this bright smile on both of your faces and you kiss him again, lingering.

"We should go! I'm sure your parents are already waiting for you!" you say after a few moments and help him on his feet. Immediately Kyun pulls you into his embrace and holds you tightly, peppers your face and head with kisses and you giggle under his actions.

"I'm sorry to interrupt. Im Changkyun?"

Confused, you both turn your heads and look at an older dude with a baseball cap and a notebook in his hand.

"Yes?" Kyun says, trying to hide his irritation.

"That was an incredible second half you played there. I haven't seen something like this in a long long time!"

The words flatter him, he can't deny that. Even though they won't undo that... well...

"Thank you—" he stops mid-sentence and looks at the man.

"Oh!" he gets the hint, reaches out his hand and Kyun shakes it. "Sorry! My name is Coach Sievers. Do you already have a college?"

The moment he says those words, Kyun's stomach turns.

Fuck. Fuck!

For a moment he'd completely forgotten why this match was so important.

"Um..." Kyun says and digs his fingertips into your waist. He's so nervous and your presence comforts him so much. "No, I don't..."

"Great!" he says excitedly. "Before all the other vultures come: why don't you give me a call next week and we talk about details?"

With these words, he gives Kyun a card. "I really want you on my team next year!"

"Sure. Th-thank you!" Kyun says a little in shock and the coach is about to leave when you suddenly gasp and point at the card.

Kyuns eyes fall on it. This can't be.

"Coach. Sir!" he says and stops him with a hand on his sleeve. "You're from Berkeley! Are my grades even good enough for Berkeley?"

The coach smirks. "Don't worry. I did my homework and talked to your teachers. They all told me about your huge improvement in the past months. Keep this up, and I see no reason why you wouldn't be good enough..."

"Thank you, Sir!" Kyun gasps again and turns around to you.

"Kyunnie!" Squealing, you wrap your arms around his shoulders.

"Berkeley..." he whispers while holding you tightly. "Would you go to Berkeley with me?"

With tears in your eyes, you lay your hand around his cheeks.

"I'd go everywhere with you! But you know what that means?"

"More extra tutoring?" he smirks and you nod proudly. "So much more!"

"Mhh! I love your dirty talk!"

Laughing, he pulls you to his lips.

"What are your plans now?" you ask after breaking the kiss and peck his lips softly again. "Wanna get drunk to celebrate this?"

For a moment he considers this, then he shakes his head, smiling.

"No..." he says. "I have a better idea! Come!"

"Are you sure?" he asks insecurely and watches you carefully.

"Yeah..." you say after a short pause. "Yeah I mean... we should've done this a long time ago, shouldn't we?"

"I don't want you to do things you don't wanna do!" he says certainly. "Only because I embrace life doesn't mean you have to do the same!"

Chuckling, you kiss him. "I wanna do it. I really want to!"

Nodding, he cups your cheeks and kisses you gently again before he takes a step back. Carefully, he helps you out of your - well, his - hoodie before your hands do the same with his shirt. Smiling, you both slip out of your pants and as you stand in front of him, with nothing but your underwear, Kyun gulps heavily before he pulls you to his lips. For a long moment, you kiss gently while your fingertips run over his naked skin, and cover it in goosebumps.

"Ready?" he whispers against your lips and takes your hand. Smiling, you nod and you both get moving.

With a loud squeal, you run over the dock before you both jump into the water of the very lake he brought you to only one week after you first met.

Laughing and giggling you both come back to the surface and Kyun watches you gasping. The water is cold, it's written on your face.

Laughing, he pulls you by your hand closer to him and you wrap your arms and legs around his body while he holds you tightly.

"I like our dates here..." he smirks and you tilt your head, surprised.

"So it was a date the last two times?"

"Of course it was!" he giggles.

Even though he never called it that - or even denied it the first time, it was. He wanted to get to know you and the party in combination with the bet was the best excuse. So in hindsight, it was a date.

Smiling, you kiss again before you look at each other for a long moment.

"Are you happy?" he whispers and you immediately nod. "Never been happier in my life..."

The journey of your relationship was a hard one. Full of misunderstandings and problems. But just like at the first night you spent together, he knows, when he looks at you... it was all so worth it.

"Whatever will come in the next months.. I'll be by your side!" he says and holds you even tighter. Facing Emery at the court and telling your story will probably become hard for you. But he knows you're strong enough to fight through this.

"I know you will!" you say smiling. "And that's what makes me so happy! I love you so much, Kyunnie!"

Softly he caresses your wet cheek.

"I love you more, y/nnie!"

Giggling, you kiss again before you sigh. "Let's get out of here. Your parents won't wait in the car for us forever!"

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

874K 40.6K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
52.5K 2.7K 13
October 16th 2016 Dear Jackson Wang, Today you made the whole class laugh, including me. But who could resist your humor? You were also with Amber t...
21.2K 830 10
Taehyung and jungkook have a sister. KIM YN. Yn was born with a weak heart, so her parents try to abandoned her. But the brothers loves her a lot, ca...
41.4K 2K 17
liskook short au where lisa's free promo goes wrong. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED NAMUISESE 2021