Timeout

By ImKyuned

After an injury, the young Wide Receiver Changkyun has no other choice than taking extra lessons, to improve... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Final Part

Part 3

183 10 0
By ImKyuned

TIMEOUT - Part Three

Laughing and giggling, you stumble down the street. Walking on crutches is already hard enough when you're sober. But this drunk, Kyun has to focus so hard to not fall over.

"That was a loooot of fun!" he slurs and shoves you closer to the road by accident. He never thought the night would end like this - that he would feel this comfortable around you. He expected a lot. But not this. Giggling, you push him back on the sidewalk. It takes you something that feels like hours until you finally arrive at his house.

"Shhhhhh!" Kyun chuckles and lays his finger dramatically on his lips while fumbling with his key, struggling to get it into the lock. Usually, this is easier? Giggling he sways and you grab his arm to support him. Boy, he's drunk...

Suddenly the door opens and he looks directly into his Dad's face.

"Good evening, Sir!" Kyun says in a steady voice and salutes while you hold tight to him, gasping at the view of his father.

He can't help but grin as his Dad's eyes wander to you and he tilts his head before he looks back at Kyun.

"It's y/n's fault!" Kyun smirks and nods down to you. "She filled me up! With a stupid drinking game..."

"Kyun!" you gasp and look at his father. "Sir! I—"

His dad's laughter interrupts you. "Did you drink the same amount?"

Kyun smirks as you nod sheepishly.

"I'm disappointed in you, son. Why is she able to stand and you aren't?"

Playfully offended, Kyun makes a dramatic gesture. "My leg is broken!"

"Sure!" his father replies with amusement before he steps aside and nods into the house. "Get in here!"

Still smirking like an idiot, he looks down at you. You seem a little confused. The fact that his dad isn't mad is probably new to you. He leans against the door and you help him take off his shoes while his Dad watches you, snickering.

"Dad can you tuck me in?" he jokes and throws his head back laughing. For the first time now, you laugh as well.

"Forget it!" his father chuckles.

"I'll bring him upstairs!" you say after you put his shoes aside and support his arm with your shoulder.

"He's not a toddler y/n!" his Dad replies. "He can do this by himself!"

Before he even ends the sentence, Kyun is already heading for the stairs. He doesn't care if you come with him or not but you refuse to let him go and he just wants his bed. So you have to come with him.

"But I'm the reason for his state..." he hears you saying and giggles. "I owe him that!"

"Did you hear that, dad?" on the stairs he turns around to him. "She owes me! Oh.. she's the reason for my C+, it was her! She's an excellent tutor, you should see—"

"Shut up, you'll wake up your mother" his father says and laughs again. "Y/n where do you live? I can drive you home. Or you can sleep in the guest room?"

"Thanks for the offer" you smile and Kyun hears in your voice the effort it takes for you to support him. You're cute for helping him. "But I texted my mom. She'll pick me up in a few minutes!"

The thought of you bringing him home cause he's so drunk kind of amuses him. Usually, he's the one that takes wasted girls home.

"You could sleep in my bed!" he mumbles while you walk down the corridor to his room and again you laugh.

"Thanks but no!"

Weary, he shoves the door to his room open and lets go of you before he turns around to see your face. You're still standing at the door, and watch him carefully. For a moment, he tilts his head. You look different than a few hours ago when he picked you up... but why?

Oh!

"Hey y/n" he says, barely able to speak. "You're not wearing your cardigan, where is your cardigan?"

Immediately, you look down at your body and lay your hands on your bare arms. You probably took it out during the game.

"Shit!" you cuss and he lurches over to his wardrobe.

"It's okay!" he says and pulls out a hoodie. "Take this one!"

Slowly he walks back to you and pulls it over your head. He chuckles, amused, as he sees the way your head gets stuck in it.

"You seem to feel uncomfortable showing too much skin," he blabbers in a low voice. "And that's okay, I really don't want you to feel uncomfortable..."

As your head pops through the top of the hoodie you smile thankfully at him.

"Suits you!" Groaning because the alcohol is really messing up his head, he turns around. "Can you tell me why girls in oversized hoodies look so cute?"

With these words, he falls on his bed. Gosh, he's so wasted. "I wanna die..."

"Same!" you laugh and he feels your hands on his body, shoving him deeper into his bed before throwing the blanket over him. "Good Night Kyunnie!"

"Good Night y/nnie!" he mumbles sleepily, his eyes already closed. "Can't wait for the extra tutoring tomorrow!"

"We have no extra tutoring tomorrow! It's Saturday, idiot!" are the last words he hears from you before he falls into a coma...

On Monday, Kyun sits in the cafeteria during lunch and looks around. A little lost in his thoughts, his eyes wander to Hayden and Josie with his other friends at the table and he just doesn't get it.

"Where's y/n?" he asks Wonho's girlfriend, who immediately stops her conversation with the others and looks at him, confused.

"Why?"

Kyun shrugs. "Cause I know now that you guys are close friends and I'm wondering why I never see her sitting at this table...?"

Or in this school building in general. This doesn't make sense to him. You were so great during this party. You socialized, you talked to everyone, and pretty soon even his friends who didn't know you before were kind of mesmerized by you.

"Eh..." Hayden's eyes wander to Wonho before she looks back at him. "Y/N spends lunch in the library..."

"Every day?" he replies, confused, and sees the others following the conversation, obviously thinking the same as him: that this doesn't fit the girl they met on Friday.

"Yes, every day..." Hayden replies and eyes Kyun carefully. As if she's trying to figure out what his intentions are.

"Alright!" he stands up and grabs his crutches.

"Where are you going?" The blonde asks him wide-eyed.

"Ehhh," he chuckles. "To the library?"

"No!" She gets on her feet as well. "Kyun, there's a reason she isn't here! So please don't pressure her!"

Why the hell is she so overprotective about you? He's sure you can decide for yourself whether you want to see him!

"Pressure her?" he asks, confused. "I'm not going to force her to sit with us! I'm going there to keep her company!"

"Maybe she doesn't want your company?" The blonde replies annoyed and makes an attempt to step toward him but Wonho holds her wrist and she stops. Kyun watches the interaction between the couple, still confused as fuck. You and he are friends now. And he's sure you would like to have him there.

"Yeah..." he smiles. "we'll see about that!"

With these words, he hobbles out of the cafeteria, hears Hayden calling his name but he couldn't care less.

Stepping from the loud hallway into the library is like stepping into another world or something. The silence in here is deafening and Kyun wonders how people endure the atmosphere. His eyes wander around the labyrinth-like room until he finds you sitting at the very back at a table, your phone in your hand while eating a sandwich.

Carefully, he approaches you.

"Hey!" he says and you lift your head.

He feels your eyes on him as he puts his crutches aside and pulls out a chair before he sits down. "How are you doing?"

For a long moment you look at him, surprised, before you put down your phone.

"What do you want?" you ask. "Who told you I'm here?"

That you don't even greet him throws Kyun a little off guard. Aren't you... happy to see him?

"Hayden...?" he says sheepishly and you throw your sandwich in your breadbox.

"Great!" you sigh. "It's lunch, Kyun. I don't wanna talk about school stuff now!"

Ah. This is where this is coming from. He smirks. "Yeah, I don't wanna talk about that either..."

"Then why are you here?" you ask annoyed and again he's so confused.

"Why shouldn't I be?" he replies. "I mean we had a lot of fun on Friday and—"

"Yes. We did!" you interrupt him. "But it's not Friday anymore. I went there to do you this favor but that's it. You don't have to play the hero now and keep me company because you feel sorry for me or something!"

Even though you're whispering cause you're still in a fucking library, Kyun can hear the anger in your voice. After your words, he shakes his head in shock.

"What?" he gasps. "No. What the fuck? I just thought we could be... I don't know..." he stops and bites his lip. Right now he has no idea anymore why he showed up in the first place.

"Friends?" you end his sentence and scoff. "Thanks, bro. But no. I like to keep it the way it is. Extra tutoring, that's it!"

Why are you like this all of the sudden? Why are you so cold to him?

His eyes widen even more as you suddenly get up and collect your stuff from the table. With a half-open mouth, he watches you until you rip your bag from the chair.

"But—" he begins but you interrupt him.

"See you after school!" you mumble while walking past him, heading for the exit of the library.

"Y/N?!" he asks, confused and tries to get on his feet as quickly as possible as well.

"Y/n wait!" Kyun calls while stumbling after you out of the library. But you don't listen. The amount of strength required to keep up with your pace on his crutches almost makes him faint.

"Y/N for fucks sake!" he says. "Stop this childish behavior!"

"Childish behavior?" abruptly you stop and Kyun is so thankful for this break. "I decide what's good for me and what's not! This has nothing to do with immaturity but with self-respect okay?"

Offended, his jaw drops.

"Oho! So hanging out with me lowers your self-respect?" Scoffing, he shakes his head. "Wow!"

"This is not what I meant!" you rant and he can see how close to tears you are. What's wrong with you?

"I was just— fuck!"

Flinching, you duck down as suddenly a ball flies over the hallway, only inches away from your head, before Min passes you noisily to catch it.

Laughing and chatting, his friends and their girlfriends walk down the corridor. Angry, you turn around to Min and smack the ball out of his hands.

"Can't you just at least TRY to pretend that you care about other people at this school?" you yell and Kyun's eyes widen in shock again. Jeez, why are you so angry today?

"Chill, girl!" Min giggles. "I didn't see you!"

"Because you never see anyone!" you rant. "All you see is your stupid ball and that you're the kings at this school! Spoiler alert, you guys suck!"

"Y/n..." Hayden walks closer to you and hesitantly takes your hand. "Chill!"

"No!" you say and rip your hand out of hers. "No, I won't chill. Just once I wanna walk down this corridor without being scared of getting smacked down by a damn ball!"

Everyone watches your outburst, tense as Min takes a step closer to you, grinning devilishly.

"What do you wanna do now, huh?" he smirks. "Wanna stop us?"

"Stop this, Min!" Kyun immediately says. Yes, you freaking out like this is unreasonable but he can't help but suppose that there's more behind it. To his relief, Kihyun and Wonho immediately take his side, nodding.

"She's right!" Shownu says and smiles compassionately at you. But Min doesn't seem to get it.

"Oh?" he asks. "She's right? Where's that coming from? Until last week she was a stranger to us?"

"She was a stranger to you, Min!" Wonho says. "And that doesn't matter at all because she's right. We have to be more careful! If that ball had hit her, this would've ended badly!"

Chuckling, Min takes a few steps back and collects the ball from the ground before he turns. "Shownu!"

He throws the ball but Shownu takes a step aside, apparently unwilling to play along with Min.

Due to Shownu's movement, the ball drops to the ground but rebounds and hits a student art exhibit, which immediately shatters. In disbelief, Kyun closes his eyes, while the girls gasp loudly.

FUCK.

Suddenly you clap your hands sarcastically.

"Wow!" you say. "Was that your point of proving that everything I just said was bullshit?"

Min bites his lip sheepishly while the others look at him furiously.

"I'm so done with you!" you're just about to leave as you run directly into Mr. Tanner.

"Oh oh..." Hayden says but you don't seem to bother and try to pass him but he grabs you by your shoulder.

"STOP!"

Kyun watches you stop but rip yourself out of Mr. Tanner's grip. You're so angry and yet he can see in your body language that this isn't just anger...

"Well well..." Mr. Tanner says and looks at the mess before he eyes Kyun and his friends. "Who's responsible for this?"

Kyun, and probably everyone else, expects you to snitch on Min, not the least because it would allow you to escape this situation. But to all of their surprise, you remain silent.

"Into the principal's office!" Mr. Tanner groans. "ALL OF YOU!"

"Sir!" Shownu stumbles forward and shakes his head. "The girls had nothing to do with it, and Kyun is on crutches, he can't even touch a ball, how—"

"I don't care!" the teacher interrupts him. "Cling together, swing together! And now move!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.3K 2.5K 23
[COMPLETED | Undertale x Reader] * There is another one of these collections of the famous game "Undertale" with the reader in it. * It fills you wit...
308K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
Error By orca

Science Fiction

581 114 13
Can a human and an AI boss fall in love? it's 2045 , AI bots are taking lead positions in corporate , a new accountant tries her luck to climb the co...
2.7K 113 12
I'll fake date Taehyun. But I have few conditions. " Y/n, an aspiring fashion designer,vlogger , daughter of one of the biggest CEO in Korea. Kang Ta...