Timeout

By ImKyuned

After an injury, the young Wide Receiver Changkyun has no other choice than taking extra lessons, to improve... More

Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Final Part

Part 2

200 15 0
By ImKyuned

Part 2

One week later, Kyun limps with a huge smile on his face down the school corridor and bursts into the secretary's office. He has absolutely no idea how he managed this, but the proof that he's not as stupid as you thought he was, is right here in his hand. Without listening to Mrs. Roberts, he walks toward the study-room you and he spend every other day in. Actually, you weren't supposed to meet until tomorrow but he can't wait that long.

"Boom Baby!" he says in a loud voice after ripping the door open and you look at him pissed as fuck.

"Kyun?!" you say in disbelief and nod next to you. "Please!"

He couldn't care less that he's disturbing your lesson. Besides, Jason, the dude on the chair next to you, seems like he could use a break. Smirking, he lifts the leaf in his hand and slams it on the table.

"C+! What do you say now?"

With a proud smile, he watches your gaze fall on the test before you lift it, shocked.

"What?!" you whisper, gasping "Impossible! Did you cheat?"

Your shocked gaze amuses him so much and he isn't surprised that you think he didn't do this on his own.

"How was I supposed to cheat?" he asks nonchalantly. "Do you think I had the entire book written on my forearm? You're just an excellent tutor!"

The smile on his face grows bigger and bigger the longer you stare at his grade. This is so satisfying, he might wet himself out of excitement.

"This... fuck..." you whisper without looking at him.

"Yes!" he nods, smirking. "And now... my reward!"

Again your eyes shoot up to him. You probably didn't waste another thought on this, 'cause you were so convinced he wouldn't make it. Oh gosh, this makes it even better.

"Shit..." you curse again, and again he nods wildly.

"Friday! I'll show you how to have some fun!" he happily dances as well as his broken leg allows him to. Confused, your eyes fall on his cast.

"You really wanna go to the lake? With a broken leg?" you ask and he stops and tilts his head. "Yes?"

As if his injury would keep him away from a party?

"I'll pick you up at 7!" he says. "We have to walk though - because we're going to drink and I can't drive with a broken leg! See you then!"

"Kyun!" you yell after him as he walks out of the door. "We still have extra lessons tomorrow!"

"Yeah yeah!" he replies without stopping and shakes his head, chuckling. Maybe he's exaggerating, but proving you wrong after all your insults is probably one of the best things that's happened to him in a long long time....

Three days later, he climbs up the little stairs to your house and rings the bell. He won't say he's nervous but a little excited, can't wait to see if you're able to crawl out of your comfort zone.

When you finally open the door and stand in front of him he tilts his head, confused.

"Hey!" he says and looks down at your body.

"Hey?" you ask and follow his gaze. "Got a problem?"

Immediately he shakes his head. "No! No, I was just... I mean..." how to phrase this without sounding like an ass?

"What?" you ask impatiently.

"It's a lake party" he says and looks at your wide cardigan. "And it's warm out... isn't this outfit a little too warm? I mean... don't you wanna go into the lake or—"

"No!" you interrupt him and shake your head vehemently. "I won't!"

"Why?" Confused, he watches you. He can tell that something is going on inside of you but he has no idea what. "Only because I can't doesn't mean—"

Laughing contemptuously you throw your head back. "Do you really think that I wouldn't do it because of you and your stupid leg? No, Kyun. I am going to this party with you because of our deal. But under my conditions. I'm sorry if you thought you'd see me dancing around in a bikini to—"

"WOW!" he stops you and raises his hand, completely baffled by your outburst. What the hell is wrong with you? "I don't know what you read into this, all I wanted to say is that it's bloody fucking hot and a cardigan is pretty warm. I don't want you to get heatstroke. That's it!"

You bite your lip sheepishly before you sigh. "I'm sorry... I was just..."

Kyun notices that you don't quite know why you freaked out like this. So he smirks.

"Forget it! Shall we?"

Smiling, Kyun passes you a bottle of beer.

"Here!"

Gratefully you take it and take a sip before you look around. It's crowded as fuck. Many people dabble in the lake, others sit in the grass, talk, and drink while music blasts from a speaker somewhere. A few of Kyun's teammates throw a ball back and forth and he would do anything to join them...

A little insecure, he looks at you and he can see you sweating like hell under that cardigan. But he won't bring up this topic again.

"What do you think?" he asks instead. "Think you can let yourself go for one day and enjoy this here?"

"Hm..." a little uncertain you look through the people and shrug. "I don't know—"

Before you can end the sentence a loud squeal echoes over to you, calling your name. A few seconds later, Hayden runs up to you and wraps her arms tightly around you.

"I never thought you'd really come!" she squeals and Kyun narrows his brows. He had no idea you and Hayden were such close friends?

"Me neither!" you reply, smirking, and look at Kyun. Wonho, Hayden's boyfriend, appears next to them.

"Bro!" he says and greets him vividly before his eyes wander to his companion. "Y/N? What are you two doing here together?" he asks, laughing. Before either of you can answer, his and your other friends appear.

"Y/n?" another voice asks and Kyun can see how uncomfortable you feel at all the attention. After you all greet each other, Kihyun tilts his head. "I wanna know how this happened!" he says and chuckles while pointing at the both of you.

"Well..." you say and smile at him. "Kyun just suddenly decided to be a good student..."

The both of you chuckle but everyone else still seems to be bewildered as fuck.

"I don't get this?" Min pouts.

"Doesn't matter!" Josie, Shownu's girlfriend, says and takes your hand. "Come with us!"

Kyun takes a sip of his beer while watching you and your friends disappear. He had absolutely no idea you were this close with the girls he calls his friends as well. The whole time he thought the lack of friends would be the cause of you not attending parties... but you're legit best friends with the most popular girls... where have you been all these years? And how come no one ever mentioned you? Or was he simply not listening?

"Can you explain what this is about?" Joo asks and follows Kyun's gaze to you.

"Are you trying to hit that or...?"

Immediately his head shoots up to his friend.

"What? No!" he says firmly. "She's pretty cool! And she helps me a lot! I just wanna show gratitude and show her the fun sides of high school!"

But somehow he can't help but feel that you know damn well about these parties...

Why is this so confusing?

"There's Rose" Joo suddenly says and Kyun feels the anger spreading in his gut. He liked this girl a lot. She likes him too, but she also likes four other dudes a lot. He's so sick and tired of her.

"Wanna talk to her?" his best friend asks but Kyun immediately shakes his head.

"Better not..." he sighs and watches the brunette beauty from afar. "I told her I like her... she'd rather play games... so..." he shrugs. He knows girls like her aren't worth his time. Not anymore. But as his eyes meet hers he realizes this is easier said than done cause he's been trying to get away from her for quite some time now...

The later the evening, the louder and more shameless the people get. Kyun is happy that you seem to be having fun. This is what he wanted. And it's a relief that he doesn't have to entertain you all night as he expected it. You're pretty good at socializing. Maybe he misjudged you.

Groaning, he lets himself fall into the grass next to you. He can't wait to get rid of this cast.

"Having fun?" he asks and you nod, your lips pressed together.

"What?" he asks. "To me, it looked like a lot of fun..."

"I'm having fun, Kyun!" you chuckle. "But it's... I don't know..." you shrug. "A little boring?"

He gasps playfully offended. "Boring? What can we do to entertain your majesty?"

Laughing you push him playfully before you smirk at him. "I know a way..."

"Okay..." he says curiously. "Then tell me!"

"Okay!" you say in a loud voice while standing in the middle of your group of friends.

"The rules are simple! Two teams! One empty bottle in the middle. One member of the team throws a ball in turns!" you lift a tennis ball. "And tries to hit the bottle in the middle. As soon as it falls over the throwing team has to drink the beer in front of them as fast as possible while the other team has to put up the bottle in the middle and get the ball. As soon as the running team is back in their starting position behind the line--" while talking you point at the ground to where the drinks stand in a line, "--they call stop and the throwing team has to stop drinking immediately! The winning team is the one that empties their bottles first! Got it?"

Kyun smirks, kind of proud of how confidently you explained those rules. For a long moment, you look through the faces, and they all nod until Hayden raises her hand sheepishly. "I don't get it!"

The group laughs and you walk up to her and kiss her nose softly.

"Learn by doing!" you say. "First round will be a practice round so I can explain the rules more closely, okay?"

The blonde nods happily and you turn around to the group again

"Since we have Kyun on our team who's not able to run to get up the bottle AND Hayden who isn't able to swallow that fast—"

"Poor Wonho!" Min chimes in, and again you all laugh while Hayden pouts playfully.

"I want another member of yours!"

Joo, Shownu, Wonho, Ki, and Josie exchange gazes.

"Whom?" asks the eldest and you turn to your team.

"We need someone who can throw, run and drink..." you explain and look at Kyun, Hayden, Min, and Hyungwon.

"Take Wonho then..." Kyun says with certainty. "He's a Tight End!"

Confused, you shake your head. "A what?"

"A Tight End!" he says and clicks his tongue. "That's the position—"

"Kyun?" you interrupt him laughing. "I don't care! Is he good enough or not?"

"Yes!" Kyun snickers. "He's perfect!"

Happily you nod and turn back to the other team. "We take Wonho!"

The first rounds are a bit messy but soon all of you - even Hayden - get the game. Everyone has a lot of fun. Kyun enjoys this game as well. It has a nice balance of moving and drinking. Even though he's not able to move...

Every time the bottle in the middle falls over a huge noise breaks loose. The friends cheer on their teammates to put the bottle up again while other people from this party who aren't playing with you, cheer on the drinking team. Involving so many people into this makes it so much more fun than a usual drinking game.

After two hours and countless bottles of beer, Kyun falls on his back into the grass and tries to stop the world from spinning. Giggling, you hover above him.

"Are you good?" you ask, drunk as well, just like all of your friends.

"Eh..." Kyun closes his eyes but immediately rips them open as the sickness worsens. "No!"

"Get up!" you laugh and take his hand. "Let me take you home!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.3K 2.5K 23
[COMPLETED | Undertale x Reader] * There is another one of these collections of the famous game "Undertale" with the reader in it. * It fills you wit...
52.5K 2.7K 13
October 16th 2016 Dear Jackson Wang, Today you made the whole class laugh, including me. But who could resist your humor? You were also with Amber t...
307K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc