Je'daii Deku: Rise of the Rev...

By The_Nocturnal_Raven

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Young Izuku Midoriya is constantly punished by the world he was... More

A Wake Up Call
The True Nature of Earth
A Mother's Concern
Understanding What Threatens You
Inko's Recovery
A Mother's Promise
Izuku's Lightsaber
First Step into the Dark
A Day of Choices
Izuku's Observations
Inko's "Observations"
The Road to Hell...
Cynical Intervention
A Tour for the Fair Lady
Gears Begin to Turn
Moving Forward
Trust Excercises
The UA Sports Festival
Shinsou's Capstone
Heroes Properly Ressurected
Machinations in Motion
Light the Tinderbox
Struggles on the Home Front
Allmight Vs. Stars & Stripes
Drafted
Dawn of War
The Faction in the Shadows
The Shadows Come To Light
Week-Long War: Japan
The Week Long War: America
The Week Long War: Resolution
Arrival
Invasion
A Mercy Mission
The Second Attempt
Underhanded Tactics
Flight & Fight
Negotiations
Negotiations Pt. 2
Aggressive Negotiations
Calm
Race to the Finish
The Truce

UA Exams

3K 86 17
By The_Nocturnal_Raven

The Day of the Exams. Izuku was as ready as he could be. He put on a mix of normal clothes and simple robes, to blend in. He stood in front of the main gate, ready for the ultimate test.

He walked through the gigantic gates to the hallowed grounds beyond. His anticipation made him move faster, eager to prove himself... until he stumbled and tripped on a jutting piece of sidewalk. As he fell, he thought: This is how my story ends... huh? He stopped falling, helped by a girl with a brown bob-cut. She was very pretty for her age, and when she was sure he was fine, she let him go. When she waved, he could see her finger pads were different. She must be able to nullify gravity with a touch. And tapping them all together nullifies the effect.

"Be careful, you know it's bad luck to trip before a test!"

"Th-thanks!"

She checked her watch. "It's almost time for the test! Let's hurry, we don't want to be late!"

"Right!"

The explanation for the heroics exam rules was done by Present Mic, due to the ease in which he spoke. There were no interruptions, and the contestants were brought to the fake city, ready and eager, just like Izuku.

When the gate opened, he wasted no time. When the other's complained, they were met by Mic calling them to battle: "There's no countdown in a real battle! GET GOING!"

The robots didn't stand a chance. Izuku was in flow. He didn't use his lightsaber, and didn't need to. The first few waves of robots were crushed with little effort. However, when the competitors caught up with him, he had to start being precise. This was the environment where the lightsaber would be best, but the Force was telling him not to use it. Rely on it. He used both where he saw fit, saving students, taking down large groups, and everything in between. After an hour and a half, he decided to rest, taking time to meditate, and recompose.

The Principal of UA was ecstatic so far. "Absolutely incredible performance by that meditating kid so far! What's his name?"

Nemuri "Let's see... the file says..."
Allmight interrupted them. "Izuku Midoriya."
His response surprised the staff, "How did you know?"
"I met him a while ago... he made me think about what it means to be a hero. It's hard to forget him."

Nemuri looked over his file, "His file says he's quirkless..."
"That's correct. He asked me if he could be a hero without a quirk... he must have awakened his in the months after our meeting. It's the only explanation I can think of."

"Well, we need to see what our potential students will do in the face of overwhelming danger. I think it's time to release the zero pointer." Nezu laughed almost maniacally as he pressed a shiny red button.

The ground shook, Izuku opened his eyes in response. He got to his feet, as most student ran for the exit, done with the test in their view. Izuku would have left if he didn't hear the familiar voice of the girl from his arrival at UA. "HELP ME, SOMEBODY! PLEASE!"

Using the force, he located and navigated the ruined city. He found her, the girl... and so did the zero point robot. All contestants had been warned of it, but now, it was about to crush her beneath its feet if Izuku didn't act. Using the force, he sprinted faster than any human could, and used the force to hold the building sized-foot back, but it was clearly taking a toll on him.

"What are you doing?! You should go! We don't need to both die here!"
"You. Needed. Help. I am not... going to let you... die... if I can help it!" It was now just an inch away from his head. There is no way to save her... without breaking the robot... but it's... too big... He started to tap into his emotions, pouring his fury into his power. Screaming, he accessed the dark side, causing lightning to crackle from his fingertips, and across the entire robot. Sheer power arced up and around all of the zero pointer, almost creating a web to entrap it. The power short circuited it, and he could start to move it away, towards an area with nobody inside. The ground shook on impact. Panting, he calmed down, and let the light side wash away his exhaustion. Turning around, he saw Ochako have an open mouth. "Oh my god, what was that?! It was awesome!"

"I... I didn't know I could do that... That lightning..." he looked at his hands with amazement. "My power continues to amaze me."
"Can you help me?"
"Of course." He focused, and lifted the rubble off the ground, freeing her. However, the girl couldn't walk, so when Izuku put them down, he asked her "Do you need a lift back?"

Exhausted, she accepted his help. "Yes please..."
"Here, I'll let you climb onto my back." He knelt, letting her get on. Izuku carried her back to the medical tent at the start of the fake city... confident that he got in.

When they saw the lightning snake up the sides of the zero pointer, Toshinori Yagi paled. He has two quirks?! A dormant quirk like this has never been discovered yet... unless... unless he got multiple from... him... I never found his body... but... no, there is no other explanation.

"That cannot be right..."
Nezu asked quietly, "You have something to say, Yagi?"
"The only person to have multiple quirks... he was quirkless two months ago... he had to have received them from... All for One. It's the only explanation that makes sense."
Hizashi, aka, Present Mic nearly shouted, "Why would you think that?! He just saved that girl when it almost killed him!"
"I don't know... but there can be no other explanation..."
Nezu thought for a moment, before asking the blond hero, "are you absolutely sure? You, yourself said that you killed that particular villain by your own hand... what if it is simply a magnetic style quirk? Those have the capability to also create lighning, such as the Iron Helmed hero in Australia."
Toshinori spoke again, still nervous, "I've never seen a magnetism quirk that strong before, or operate like that. Only a telekinesis quirk operates like that, but they never have lightning."
This time, Aizawa interjected. "The criminal underworld still believes he's alive."
"Lightning and a strong telekinesis... there is no way that he isn't involved. AFO might be trying to send a spy in the form of a promising student."
"Hm... the risk is great... would you be able to tell him directly why you wish to disqualify him? Would you directly tell him the reason, and watch as you break a potential hero's dreams?"
"The risk is too great, considering what Aizawa has just told me..."
Power loader offered an explanation for the new teacher, "The zero pointer did break the outer wall and some of the UA grounds."
"That'll be it then."

In the medical tent, Izuku chatted with the girl, who introduced herself as Uraraka. "Thank you so much for saving me."
"It's what a hero does."
"You are already one in my eyes."
"You two having fun?" Recovery girl watched the conversation with a gleam in her eyes.

"This is the first time we've met... and he's already saved my life!"
"I saw. Incredible work."
"It was nothing..."
"Don't demean yourself!"

Uraraka's phone rang, and she was forced to answer. After a conversation with her family, she quickly said to Izuku. "I'm sorry about this... I'll have to leave. Here, I'll give you my number... and then we can hang out again soon!"

"Thanks! It sounds fun!" They traded numbers, and she hurried as quickly as her repaired ankle let her.

"Well, you're clear whenever..."
"Izuku Midoriya, correct?" Nezu perched on top of... Allmight in deflated form.

"Yes?"

"We wanted to thank you for saving that girl. The robot controls were malfunctioning, so if you didn't do anything, she would, most likely, be dead."

"It wasn't anything..."
"But we do have some questions about your quirk."
"Ok?"
"All official medical documents list you as Quirkless... yet clearly, you have two quirks."

"Two?"
"Don't play dumb with me, you used lightning and telekenisis."
"That was the first time I'd ever seen that lightning."
"I find that hard to believe."

The tone of the conversation had become increasingly hostile, to the point where even Recovery girl was surprised. "Nezu, what are you getting at?"
"Were your quirks given to you?"

"What?! No! This is my own power."

"If you won't tell us where your quirks come from, I'm afraid we'll have to deny your entry to UA."
Recovery Girl gasped, while Izuku was incredulous. "On what basis?!"

"That is classified."
"... I... I can't believe you..." Tears started to run down his face. "I thought... you were after heroes... you wanted to train more... I can't believe it... especially you, Allmight..."
Nezu's eyes widened slightly, not knowing that Izuku knew Toshinori was Allmight.

"You never saw this form, how did you...?"

"You have the same presence... the same eyes... but I guess UA's just like you, huh? Nothing but a lie. Thanks... I'll... I'll take my leave." He rubbed his eyes as he left, unable to contain his grief at this blatant rejection.

"You two... I am disappointed in you." Recovery girl made her displeasure apparent. "I observed him the entire time he was in here. He genuinely cared for the girl he saved. He wouldn't leave until he knew she was alright. That Izuku had the makings of a great hero, and you all just ruined it. Congratulations." She walked out of the tent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 219 4
It's been over One thousand years since the war with the dark empire and the galaxy has been thrown into complete chaos, force users became even rare...
1M 30.7K 55
What happens when after the USJ attack the teachers discuss the possibility of a traitor in UA and find Izukus notbooks.... What happens when the cla...
8.4K 244 33
They were supposed to be getting ready for an end of the year festival. They were supposed to end the year with a dance. They were supposed to take y...
42.8K 2.8K 31
A Chosen One shall come, born of no father, and through him will ultimate balance in the Force be restored. Throughout the galaxy, many had heard the...