✓Hidden Love (IZONE SERIES #1)

By o_orinini

Crossing paths with her is not my intention, it just happened. There's this day that I saw her crying while s... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 - ChaeKkura's Bridal Shower
Chapter 54 - Chaeyeon's Bachelorette Party
Chapter 55
Special Chapter

Chapter 36

77 4 1
By o_orinini

Yena's POV

***PRESENT TIME***

2 years have already passed after that vacation. My bae was already 2 years in the industry. She will have a fan signing event tomorrow and... I CAN'T GO. Everytime that she has a fan signing event, I have so many paperworks to do and meetings to attend ToT.

Why is it that when it comes to me, the timing is always wrong?!

After I found out that I am the Co-CEO and when I finally reveal myself at the board of directors and shareholders, Eunbi unnie finally has her guts. Her guts to give me her work if she is not available.

"Ms. Choi?" I heard Eunbi unnie's secretary's voice then a knock on the door.

"Come in." I stopped reading the paper that I am holding and looked at her.

She bows to me.

"Your meeting with the shareholders were canceled because Ms. Bae has an urgent matter to do."

I just nodded as a response.

"Do I have any schedule?" I asked.

"None, Mam."

Finally...

"You are free to go." I said to her before continuing what I was doing.

Eunbi unnie's secretary bows to me again before leaving.

I don't have a schedule but there is so much paperworks. That old bunny is always leaving her work at me when there is so much paperworks to do. Well, I can't blame her. She is an artist at the same time, CEO of this Entertainment.

You may ask readers why Eunbi unnie is not here and why I am filling her duty for her. Eunbi unnie just had a comeback and she is promoting right now so she is busy. She leaves her work to me as the CEO so yeah, no choice since I am the Co-CEO.

"Argh, that old bunny." I shuffled my hair.

I am too lazy to read these papers but do I have a choice? Eunbi unnie will kill me if I just sign these papers without reading it.

Readers, can you help. me?

My phone suddenly rings. I looked at the screen. 'Unknown Number'

Who is this?

I just answered it out of curiosity.

"Annyeonghaseyo," She greeted politely.

My eyebrows furrowed because the voice is not familiar.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"Is this Ms. Duckie?" She asked back.

How did she get my number?

"Yes." I answered, nervously.

I should have not answe—

"Your backstage pass will be delivered tomorrow before the fan signing event."

"W-What backstage pass?"

"Please follow the time that was written in the ticket and the place, thank you." And then she ended the call.

Backstage pass? Ticket?

"What is she talking about?" I muttered then looked at the screen of my phone again.

Maybe it's a prank call.

I put down my phone at the table and continued what I was doing.

*Next Day*

"Ms. Choi."

I looked up at who it was. I fell asleep last night while reading these papers.

"Wae?" I asked sleepily.

"You have a delivery." She gave me a small envelope.

"Where is that from?" I asked, still sleepy.

"One Entertainment."

I feel like I was splashed by some cold water. I snatch the envelope from her hand and immediately open it. I saw a card inside. I got it and when I read it, my heart skipped a beat.

D-D-D-D-Did I read this right?

My hands start to tremble while holding the card.

"Mam?"

I looked at her.

"C-Can you read this out loud?" I asked her.

She nodded and got the card from my hand.

"Jo Yuri fansigning event. VIP Pass, number 0929." She read.

"I—"

(Yena right now)

If that is true then—

"YES!" I jumped out of happiness, making Eunbi unnie's secretary surprised.

"I CAN FINALLY—" As my eyes landed on Eunbi unnie's secretary, reality suddenly hit me.

Yeah, right.

The smile on my face faded.

I have work to do.

"What are my schedules today?" I asked.

"You're free today, Mam." She answered politely.

"I what?" I asked again, trying to confirm if I heard it right.

"You are free, Mam." She repeated.

As my brain starts to process what she said, I can feel the adrenaline rushing to my body.

Shit! I AM FREE!

I jumped out of happiness again and because of happiness I suddenly hugged Eunbi unnie's secretary. When I finally calmed myself down, I looked at her.

"Why are you here then?" I asked, confused.

"Because it is my job, mam. Whether you have a schedule or not, I have to go here." She answered with pride.

Woah, I didn't know that Eunbi unnie's secretary is so determined and loves her work so much. Despite her boss, Eunbi unnie, who was scary and strict when it comes to work, she still gets along with her.

I smiled and gave her a pat in her shoulder.

"You can rest today." I get the card in her hand and then my phone on the table.

She looked shocked at what I said.

"You can come back tomorrow." I smiled at her again before leaving Eunbi unnie's office.

I went straight to the private elevator and pressed the up button. While waiting for the elevator, I heard footsteps rushing towards me.

"Ms. Choi!"

When I heard Eunbi unnie's secretary call my name, I turned around.

"I can't go on a rest not unless it's Sun—"

"You can because I say so." I cut her off.

"But—"

"I am your boss for today so as your boss, I command you to go home and take some rest or have a time with your family." I cut her off again.

The elevator finally arrived. I ride the elevator then press 'B4'. I looked at Eunbi unnie's secretary one last time.

"I got you." I wink at her as reassurance.

She was about to protest but the elevator's door closed.

It's just a secret between us so Eunbi unnie wouldn't know unless she tells about it because of guilt.

I looked at the card that I am holding. I noticed that there is information at the back of the card.

I smile because of what I read.

Jo Yuri, I'm coming!

*Timeskip*

I just entered the mall. It's just 12:40PM, meaning I still have 20 minutes before meeting Yuri.

Ah, geez. Why am I nervous? Why did my heart beat so freaking fast?

I get my phone from the paper bag that I am holding. Actually, I am holding two paper bags. The one is a gift for Yuri while the other is where the album is.

I always buy 1,000-2,000 copies of an album just for fansigning events yet my work is always at the wrong timing. I already skipped 9 fan signing events she has.

I called the number that called me last night. After 3 rings, she finally answered.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Annyeonghaseyo," I greeted politely.

Geez, I have become more nervous.

"This is Ms. Duckie. I am already here at the entrance of the mall." I continued.

Gosh, is the aircon in the mall not on? It's hot.

"Ah yeah, I'm on my way."

I started to feel anxious when I heard the people in the venue. She didn't end the call. I sometimes hear her saying 'excuse me.' I keep on going back and forth because of my anxiousness.

Come on Yena, calm down.

After 10 minutes of going back and forth I heard her voice again.

"Ms. Duckie, what are you wearing?" She asked.

"I-I'm wearing a white hoodie and black jacket, joggers, and white sneakers." I answered, stuttering.

"Are you wearing a white cap and black mask?" She asked again.

"Yeah." I answered back.

Then she ended the call.

"Ms. Duckie?" I was startled by the sudden appearance of a woman in her 30's.

I bowed to her and she bowed to me too.

"I am one of Yuri's manager." She introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Mam!" I bowed to her again.

She smiled at me and started to lead the way.

I wonder why she didn't look for the card they delivered to me.

At exactly 1:00PM, we arrived at the so-called backstage.

"Please, wait for Yuri here. She's just saying goodbye to her fans." She said and then offered me to sit on the sofa.

I sit on the sofa. My hands start to tremble and I can hear my heartbeat.

Oh geez, should I just back out? No, I am already here. But Yuri is not yet here so—

I was about to stand up and make an excuse to go when I heard her laugh. Her laugh captivated me, making me frozen in my spot.

I just hear her laugh on my laptop because that is where I watch her videos and vlogs. Hearing it here, live, makes my heart get out of my chest.

I can see her now. She has a blindfold in her eyes.

"Unnie, what is this?" She asked the woman who accompanied me here earlier, while chuckling.

They guide her towards me, right in front of me.

F*ck! My heart is going crazy!

"In count of 3, you can remove your blindfold." The woman said.

"1..."

A guy approached me.

"2..."

He whispered to my ears.

"Please sing any song for her so she can recognize you." He whispered.

I nodded even though I don't know what song I will sing.

"3!"

Yuri removes her blindfold and as she removes her blindfold, I sing.

I remember the day we first met

My eyes were filled with dreams

That night was exceptional

My hands trembled all-day

You embraced me with warm comfort

She looked shocked when I sang. I continued to sing because it somehow calmed me down though I am singing with my mask on.

In the autumn that came after several years

Let's go to that place in our memory for a moment

I buried my precious heart in secret

The words we promised we can say to each other

She suddenly sang along with me.

Brush off the dust

Open the box

No matter who come first

You'll just laugh

I smiled behind my mask. The world somehow became ours for a moment.

Many dreams of us

The two words we shared

If you read all night

You won't notice the passing of time

She smiled at me and I smiled back behind my mask. The people in here start to clap their hands. I lowered my head because I suddenly became shy.

"Is this your surprise unnie?" I heard her ask to her manager.

"You can grab lunch together." The guy who whispered at me earlier said.

I looked at him, shocked.

What did he just say? We will grab lunch TOGETHER?!

My hands start to tremble again.

"Did you already eat lunch...ahmm..." She is trying to figure out what she will call me.

"Unnie. You can call me unnie." I try my best not to stutter.

"Is it okay for you to grab lunch together, unnie?" She asked again.

I nodded as an answer.

Oh shit! Why did I nod?!

I was about to take back my answer when she spoke first.

"Please, wait for me a little unnie. I'll just change my clothes."

I nodded again as a response. She smiled and bowed before leaving. I do the same for her. I sit back on the sofa again because my knees are kinda weak for some reason.

Damn, this head. It has its own mind.

"Yuri is a fan of yours." A woman said and then she sat beside me.

She is a fan of mine?

"She really wants to meet you in person but as they say, you are mysterious."

She wants to meet me?

"We are glad that you showed up today. We thought you wouldn't answer the call last night but to our surprise, you did."

Why is she saying this to me?

"Wait a minute," I said.

"How did you know my number?" I asked.

It keeps on bothering me. The number I am using right now is not the same number I was using before. Also, they don't know that I am Choi Yena, the former trainee in their Entertainment because I remain mysterious in youtube or public.

"Well..." She suddenly hesitates whether she will tell me or not.

"Let's go!"

I looked at who spoke it. I nodded and stood up.

*Timeskip*

We are already at the restaurant we chose. We are just waiting for our order to arrive.

"Yuri-ah," For the first time, I uttered her name.

"Yes, unnie?"

I handed her the paper bag that I have been holding since earlier. It is the paper bag that contains my gift for her. She looked surprised when I handed her the paper bag. She stands up and continuously bows to me while accepting my gift.

Oh,

"Aniya, you don't need to." I stand up too to stop her from bowing at me.

"I'm sorry unnie, I don't have a gift for you." She said shyly.

"No, it's okay. Having you here is already enough." I said.

It's more than enough, Yuri.

"Thank you, unnie." She said while smiling before sitting back at her seat again.

One of her managers approaches her and gets the paper bag from her. I sat back in my seat again. As I sat back at my seat, our order arrived.

What should I do? Shall I remove my mask and cap? Of course, Yena you need too! But I'm not yet ready to—

"Unnie,"

I looked at her and hummed in response.

"Let's eat." She smiled at me again.

Oh geez, Yuri. Stop smiling at me. I am already going crazy.

I nodded.

"Is it okay if I eat with my cap on?" I finally have the courage to asked her.

"Sure, unnie." She nodded.

I lowered my cap first so she won't see or should I say no one sees my eyes before taking off my mask. I put the mask on the paper bag where my phone is. We both looked at each other as if we were waiting to each other to go first.

"Thank you for the food!" We both said in unison.

I don't know why I found it cute and because of that I chuckled. I just watch her taking pictures of the food. She caught me looking at her so I immediately looked away.

"Oh, sorry. I just want to take a picture of this as a memory." She smiles shyly.

She puts down her phone and starts to eat. I started to eat too. While eating I can't help but to look at her.

It's been a while since I looked at her this close. I can't believe I am having a meal with her right now. The girl I've been admiring and watching from afar is right here in front of me, having a meal with me.

************************************

(A/N: The next chapter have pictures of conversation and posts they do in their social media. It's been in my drafts and I decided to use it. I wrote the texting stories a long time ago but scared to post it here hehehe.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479 13 4
these are my 2kim one-shot stories originally posted on AFF and AO3. instead of making them each a separate book on here, i'm compiling them in a sin...
15.4K 1K 23
Jo Yuri, 18 years old. Transferred student from Japan. Moved to Korea because she miss her sister who was lived alone and want to continue her studie...
2.1K 314 15
*IZ*ONE Greek Demigod AU" Yena, Chaewon, and Yujin had always thought that their friendship was a product of fate. Ever since the trio met, things ju...
41.2K 1.7K 28
//STILL EDITING\\ Laura I didn't know something bad would happened to me and when it did happen, I ran like a coward. I moved on with my life, walkin...