Adventures In Nekoma High ||...

By ssabinaayu

What you look at that, Himura Sara joined the team as the manager of the volleyball boys' team. I wonder, did... More

Chapter 1 : Himurran
Chapter 2 : First Love
Chapter 3 : The Chaos Begins
Chapters 4 : Toms and Mollies
Chapter 5 : Bushes
Chapter 6 : Strawberry Blonde
Chapter 7 : Laser Pointer
Chapter 8 : Sara-chan
Chapter 9 : Romance
Chapter 10 : Cats and Owls
Chapter 11 : Star and Tiger
Chapter 12 : Blue Heaven
Chapter 13 : Water Bottle
Chapter 14 : Sudden Surprise
Chapter 15 : Seventeen
Chapter 16 : Bullet
Chapter 17 : Crush
Chapter 18 : Foxes and a Cat
Chapter 19 : Train Station
Chapter 20 : Here Comes The Owls
Chapter 21 : Mollies and Hens
Chapter 22 : Comedy Gold
Chapter 23 : Kuroo's Demonic Hair
Chapter 24 : Ordinary
Chapter 25 : Sister's Video
Chapter 26 : Fire Flower
Chapter 27 : Apple and Pudding
Chapter 28 : An Awkward Duet
Chapter 29 : Girls Likes Girls
Chapter 30 : Watermelons
Chapter 31 : Crows vs Cats
Chapter 32 : 決戦スピリッツ
Chapter 33 : フラレガイガール
Chapter 34 : Summer of Evolution
Chapter 35 : BBQ
Chapter 36 : What Happened During the Trip
Chapter 37 : Obvious ♡
Chapter 38 : Magazine
Chapter 39 : Stupid With Love ♡
Chapter 40 : The Diddly Bops
Chapter 41 : Neko Stroll
Chapter 42 : Dog and Chestnut ♡
Chapter 43 : Catnip
Chapter 44 : Plant Kingdom
Chapter 45 : Ai-Ai Gasa ♡
Chapter 46 : Swell ♡
Chapter 47 : Love Spring ♡
Chapter 48 : Transported To Another World
Chapter 49 : Supernatural
Chapter 50 : Flashlight ♡
Chapter 51 : Sugar Songs to Bitter Step
Chapter 52 : Be With You
Chapter 53 : Cotton Candy Skies ♡
Chapter 54 : A Trip Before The Fight
Chapter 55 : Cats of Kyoto
Chapter 56 : Double Trouble
Chapter 57 : Owls and Cats
Chapter 58 : Dancing Cats
Chapter 59 : Wildcats
Chapter 60 : Two Oruguitas ♥
Chapter 61 : Cheer like a Cheerleader
Chapter 62 : Sports Festival ①
Chapter 63 : Sports Festival ②
Chapter 64 : Sports Festival ③
Chapter 65 : One-Sided Love ♡
Chapter 66 : Cats on Ice
Chapter 67 : Invitation ♡
Chapter 68 : Them's The Break, Kid
Chapter 70 : The Start
Chapter 71 : Nationals
Chapter 72 : Day 1
Chapter 73 : Cats vs Monkeys
Chapter 74 : Banana Man
Chapter 75 : Never Meant To Know
Chapter 76 : Lose Knots
Chapter 77 : The End of a Battle
Chapter 78 : Two Wuv
Chapter 79 : Sisters

Chapter 69 : Date ♥

25 0 0
By ssabinaayu

Hehehe 69...funny number...

"I was invited by some friends over for Christmas today." Akane said as she tied her shoelaces and coat on. Having some food in a white plastic bag. "Are you sure you're not gonna be lonely? Mom will be gone, too." She turned to brother who was peeling an orange while watching a recorded volleyball match on the TV.

"I'll be fine." Taketora said as he threw away the orange peel to the trash.

Akane sighed and told him there was some leftover cake for him to eat while she was gone.

When she opened the door, there were all of her friends.

"Hi, Yamamoto-chan!" They greeted her. Akane was swiftly pulled into the circle as they looked inside each others bags to see what kind of food they brought with them.

"Oi, Sora!"

Akane turned to the side and saw Hoshiko running hastily while waving her arm around. When they turned to Sora, she turned beet red.

"Amemori-chan, is that your sister?" One of them asked.

Sora just covered her face, "Just ignore her, let's go."

"Don'tcha run away from me, young lady!!" Sora flinched and turned around, seeing her sister looming over her and towering her friends. "You forgot the mayo packet." Hoshiko told her and handed it her the mayonnaise packet with flecks of parsley in it. "T-t-thanks, sis..."

Hoshiko grinned bright as the stars but it soon fade away when she noticed Akane between all of the young girls. "Hi, Akane-chan." She waved at her. Akane shyly greeted her back and looked away.

It got awkward really quickly.

The house door suddenly opened and Akane got even more embarrassed when she saw her brother walking out the door with a jacket and shorts.

"Akane?" He muttered under his breath.

"Hey there, Tora!" Hoshiko greeted him with a grin.

He froze and blushed redder than a tomato or even their jerseys. He shifted his gaze on Akane and saw a lot of girls in front of him, staring.

"Hey, can I come in? My house is pretty far a walk from here." Hoshiko asked nicely.

He just nodded and welcomed her inside. "Thanks, bro."

~~~~~~

Sitting alone in the living room, Fukunaga kept staring at the TV as his sister read some magazines she bought earlier. Everything was quiet and peaceful.

"H-hey, you two." Their dad called to them. "Why don't you guys help me with preparing the food? Shouhei's friend is coming over."

His sister let out a long groan and jumped off the couch with her hands on her hips. "Why do you have to invite your friend over, Nii-san?" She asked annoyingly and carried the plates to the table while Fukunaga just chuckled and got the glasses over.

"Is mom coming late again?" She asked.

Fukunaga shrugged, "Maybe."

A few hours had passed and it was slowly turning dark. Fukunaga kept staring at his phone, waiting for her to call him. Then, it rang!

He answered the phone and he could hear shouting and begging through the phone.

"Sakkun, don't leave!!"

"Don't you dare leave your sister!"

"Sweetie, let's calm down."

"Kaoru, she has her own stuff-"

"Don't you dare leave!!"

It sounded like chaos over there.

He could hear a sigh and then the sounds of shoes running on crunchy snow.

"Meet me at the bus stop." He heard her saying then another scream then close.

Fukunaga was confused at what she was doing but he just got up and told his dad that he will be picking up a friend. His dad wished for his safety and he heads off.

Walking out the house, the wind suddenly blew a bit colder than before. He made sure he was wearing his coat and walked off to the bus stop.

He never really noticed how cold it was that day until a gust of wind swept against the back of his neck, making him shiver.

Crushing the snow with his feet, he liked the sound of crunching snow as he walks.

Something that Kenma told him after he told him the feelings he has for Himura. Kenma wasn't really helpful for advice outside of games in Taketora's opinion but Fukunaga listened anyways.

Taketora always thinks that he was trying to hit on her but it was rather the opposite, he felt being hit on by her. It was odd but to be honest, he sort of found it gullible and childish. He failed with flirting because he doesn't believe he could flirt unlike Kuroo or Yaku but he'd rather crack jokes to make her laugh which the others just let it be.

The fact that she's going to spend Christmas with him was weird. He giggled at the weird feeling, it reminded him of introducing somebody's girlfriend like in soap operas his sister watches.

He waved his arm to the other side of the road and at the girl with the umbrella and holding a box?

She spotted him and waved back. Walked safely to the other side and smiled.

"Welcome back, Nii-sa-" Dropping the magazine on the ground, she almost crashed into the table when she saw her brother bringing a girl inside their house. "WHA?!!"

"Megumi, what happened?!" In walk, Mr. Fukunaga, leaving the food unattended. When he saw his daughter with her jaw dropped, he followed her eyes and saw his son with a girl next to him at the front door.

He passed out.

"Let me get this straight..." He sat the both of them down on the dining table, it was like an interrogation room. "You two are just friends?" Both of them nodded.

Himura noticed how he looks identical to Fukunaga and maybe he just looks like the younger version only with small pupils. His sister also was similar to him. But unlike Fukunaga, they all talk frequently.

"What's your name, miss?" He asked.

Himura hesitantly said, "Himura...Sara..."

Quickly, they were off the hook. Himura was fairly confused at what was happening. She never realize meeting a friend's family would be this intense, especially Fukunaga's.

"Megumi, introduce yourself to Himura-chan!"

~~~~~~

"Yakkun..."

Makoto couldn't believe it, he was still at the playground. Sulking.

She already talk to him about spending time there but Yaku didn't seem to bother with doing so.

Being in a relationship wasn't as easy as Yaku thought. He didn't realize it would be hard to make up with her. Although being short-tempered as they are, they still care for each other.

He sighed, a lot of confusion surrounded their current state.

"Kuze's waiting, y'know." She sat down on a swing next to him while looking up to the sky as the snow fell upon them. "You only have to deal with her creepy family this time, so suck it up." Yaku still wasn't agreeing. "She told you to be there at seven, right? It's already six."

Yaku sighed and turned to her with a helpless smile, "...so you're alone today on Christmas, 'Ike-chan?"

"I always am. I don't celebrate it."

Having no way to avoid it, Yaku got up from his spot before crouching down on the ground.

"How can I eat with people who hate my appearance..."

"You're primarily eating with Naomi, not the family."

~~~~~~

'What a big Christmas tree...' Emika thought as she looked at the umpteen feet tall tree. She has never seen it up close and personal before.

"You want chicken?"

"Oh, no thank you..."

Emika stopped and turned around to see Keiko in front of her, smiling like an idiot. Behind her was Inuoka and another older woman she has never seen before.

"Akabane-san, why are you here?" Inuoka as he drank his water.

"O-oh, I was meeting some family friends earlier." She explained.

Emika was feeling unease with the woman next to them. She had shaggy chestnut hair, big hazel eyes, a small button nose and she seemed to be wearing a suit under her coat. She was glued to her phone as well.

"Hey, introduce yourself to Emi-chan!" Keiko shouted at her. The woman closed her phone and looked at Emika, they seemed to be the same height. The woman put on a smile on her face as gave her a hand, "I'm Kurihashi Eimi, Kei-chan's big sister." She finally understood why they look so identical.

"A-ah...I'm Akabane...Akabane Emika." Emika responded. "Onee-chan, why the suit?"

Eimi looked down on her knees and started laughing uncontrollably, it was getting concerning. "Was job hunting."

"Oh! Did you get the job?" Inuoka was meaning to ask her for a while. Eimi nodded cheerfully.

"I got the job at a bank." She said and told the name of the place.

Emika perked up with a smile, "Oh, my brother works there."

They all laughed.

"Nee-chan, are we going to eat fried chicken?" Inuoka asked as he looked away from his phone and placed it inside his pocket.

Eimi immediately lit up and grabbed Keiko's hand, "Holy cow, how could I forgot?"

Keiko's only answer was, "Coz you're a forgetful klutz."

The sisters just glared at each other.

"Emikan, want to come and eat with us?"

~~~~~~

"I brought cake." Himura opened the box and revealed a two stack cake covered in white buttercream with strawberries on the top and inside.

Megumi, Fukunaga's sister, was ecstatic when she saw the delicious dessert in front of her. The strawberries were glistening in the light. The cake looked so soft and creamy. The couldn't wait to dig in.

"I'm home." A feminine voice said from the front door. They all went to the spot and Himura saw a woman with her silky black hair tied into a bun neatly, her lips covered in pink lipstick and wearing a business suit.

"Mommy!" Megumi jumped and went to hug the woman. Then, Fukunaga started joining. "Hey, whoa! You kids!" She laughed but stopped when she saw Himura staring at her.

"She's Himura-neesan. Onii-san's friend." Megumi explained it to their mom. She hummed and looked at the girl with a blank face, Himura could really tell where Megumi got her looks and Fukunaga got his pupil shape from.

"You're Himura-chan?" She nods hesitantly. "So, you're Shouhei's friend?" She nods once again.

Mrs. Fukunaga began to smile sweetly and clapped her hands as she rejoiced. Himura was confused at first, even looking at Fukunaga for answers but her son doesn't seem to understand. She has never seem this type of excitement before in her life, that's saying much.

"There is a girl who wants to be with my Shouhei!" She rejoiced with a sweet tone.

Both of them blushed and Himura tried convincing her that they were just friends not anything more but she didn't seem to listen and went to change from her formal attire.

Sighing lightly at what happened, Fukunaga just pats her back and walked her back to the living room before anything else bad happens to them.

"Sorry about that, she could get a little..." Their dad tried to get it out of his mouth but he couldn't put his finger on it.

Himura just brushed it off and sat down between the siblings. She felt embarrassed afterwards.

"Onee-san, do you watch soap operas?" Megumi asked.

Himura don't really like them but she was a guest in their house so she just nodded.

"Comedy channel." Fukunaga said and tried to snatch the remote from his sister. "Hey, I got it first!" She shouted at him.

Himura just watched the two of them squabble over the remote, she could feel the awkwardness around her thickening.

'The Fukunagas are weird...'

~~~~~~

Closing the doors, it was finally time to go home. The lights were still on and it seemed the night just started.

Crowds of people started to lessen as time passes. The snow only getting heavier and colder. It seemed to be a harsh winter that year.

Date: 12/24 19:37
From: Akahana Faline
Subject: It's so big in here!!
Lev-kun has many bicycles!!! Alisa-chan is doing my hair now, it's so cool!!!

A small smiled formed. Akahana was so sorrowful when she was. She even got to be dragged there by Chou and forcibly stay there until the older sister pick her up.

Some things were just too funny not to laugh.

"There you are!" A voice said as the person behind started running. Turning around, the person calling was Fumi!

"Fumi-chan...!" Was the only word that escaped.

"Chou-chan, there you are!" Fumi stopped and grabbed her arm. She couldn't believe it, did Fumi just ran around searching for her?

Chou was still shocked that Fumi would be doing that so impulsively and wasn't getting tired. She sighed and rubbed the side of her head while she waited for the ravenette to talk further.

"So, wanna grab dinner?" She asked.

Chou repeated, "Dinner?"

Fumi nodded, "Yep. Dinner. I got some money to buy fried chicken and fries."

"Did you trip on the way?"

"I'm being nice, okay!"

Walking side-by-side, the two girls passed some stores and restaurants. Chou noticed a lot of couples eating at the restaurants or people partying the night away at the bars. She could spot Kaneko in one of the bars with other ladies, drunkenly laughing.

"Hey, Fumi-chan." The girl hummed while turning to the blonde. "D-do you...want to go over to my place and eat with my parents?"

"Huh?"

"Akahana wouldn't be home until later since she's at Haiba-san's, so, I thought we could use some company."

Gasping, Fumi pulled her into an embrace and squealed. "I'd love to!" Chou could feel her face heating up before she wrapped her arms around Fumi's back and smiling as bright as the moonlight.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~

Kenma took in a spoonful of cake and gulped it down as he continued playing his game whereas Kuroo was chatting with his parents.

"Kenma, aren't you excited for nationals?" Kuroo nudged his shoulder.

The bleached haired boy only snarled and ate his cake alone in peace with the others laughing.

Putting on the TV, Teshiro sat down on the couch as his younger sister sat between his lap and his older brother sat on the arm of the couch while their parents sat on the floor.

"Tamahiko, change it to the usual. Hey, are you mad?" His brother said.

Teshiro sighed and changed it back multiple times while his siblings complained about the opposite channels.

"Nii-chan, can I have some curry?" His younger brother asked.

Shibayama generously poured the curry stew with the vegetables onto his brother's plate until he stopped him.

"Yuuki, I heard your friends were so busy with getting dates or whatever." His mom said out of the blue. "Oh, it's for Christmas. We don't really celebrate it, so I didn't bother." He explained while wiping his brother's face with the napkin from the excess food.

"Too bad..." His mom caught his attention. "Do you have anyone in mind to invite if we do?"

Shibayama rubbed his cheek and hummed, 'There is one...'

"Father, dinner's ready!" Hikaru called out and went to sit down on the chair while turning on the TV.

It was the sports channel and after many adds, there were the announcement for the spring tourney. She had a sad smile on her face when she saw her team losing on TV and seeing their opponents losing as well to another team.

"Hey, eat your food. Don't leave it getting cold." Her father scolded her sternly. She laughed it off and continued eating.

"And for Miyagi, Karasuno High School."

Hikaru almost choked when she heard that. She swiftly turned to the TV and saw Karasuno cheering in joy. Gasping, out of every single member, she had her eyes glued on Hinata.

"Hey, Karasuno passed. Good for them." Aiko said as she got herself comfortable on the floor while Kai's older sister pulled her closer.

"Really? Are they Nekoma's rivals or something?" His sister asked.

Kai only giggled and sat down on the couch with his younger brother, "You could say that."

His brother immediately changed the channel and got complaints for Aiko and his sister.

~~~~~~

"If you ever think of marrying my son, you have my blessing." Mrs. Fukunaga informed, only to be scolded by Megumi and her husband. Fukunaga on the other hand, he just accepted it as fact his mom likes Himura too much that it became unsettling to watch for himself.

"Y-yes...thank you for having me..." Himura spoke up and bowed down to them, quickly getting her umbrella as not get cold.

"Wait, let Shouhei come with you. To make sure you're safe." Mr. Fukunaga said.

Himura blushed and tried to tell him, she would be fine going alone and their house aren't very far, only some blocks away. But both of them got pushed out of the house.

Walking back home, Akahana could feel the cold getting to her. It was unheard of that Tokyo could get cold as this but she rarely experienced the feeling for herself.

"Ah! Akahana-chan, do you need a coat?" Lev asked her.

Akahana shook her head, "I-I'm perfectly fine. A bit cold but fine nonetheless."

"No- no- no, you shouldn't be cold." He told her and took off a layer of his already thick coat, gave it to Akahana gently. It was too big for her but she just had to suck it up and kept on walking.

Almost slipping on the floor, Himura let out a sigh of relief when she was caught on-time by Fukunaga.

"Ebi-chan's clumsy!" He giggled.

She lightly punched his arm, "Shut up."

She doesn't want to admit it but, she liked that he called her "Ebi-chan."

"Hm?" Akahana turned her head around.

Lev turned around as well but he didn't really recognize the people since they were covered by the umbrella.

"Were those two friends of yours?"

"Hm...no...they just seem familiar."

Finally arriving at her front door, Himura checked for her keys inside her pocket and quickly found them.

She turned around to Fukunaga. She wanted to say something but it was holding her back.

Fukunaga gave a nod, turning away and walked back to his house but he was stopped by a pull on his coat.

He looked back at the brunette and found her cheeks reddening while the white snow falling on her dark brown hair.

"Thanks."

His eyes widened when he heard what she said.

"No problem."

The silence between them became more apparent when they could hear her family laughing drunkenly in the background.

She got even more embarrassed than before but she suddenly feel warmth on her hand. Looking down at her hand. It was Fukunaga's hand. When looking at the boy, he had a blush crawling upon his cheeks.

"I like you! Will you go out with me?"

Both of then flinched and released their hands. Fukunaga twitched while Himura covered her mouth. She was the one who said it.

"...yes!"

He finally said it to her face.

Without a second, they began running away from each other. Himura; to her house. Fukunaga; to the bus stop.

Himura crashed down onto the floor, with her face red and hot as steam. She couldn't believe, 'Did I just ask him out on a whim?!'

"Hey, Sara-chan." Mafuyu's girlfriend greeted her. "How was the dinner there?"

Stopping himself from running into a pole, he quickly catch his breath. He still had his face redder than a tomato. Fukunaga finally did it. After years of waiting...he finally did it.

'So cold...' He thought as he continued his journey. 'But my face is still warm...'

Expected that twist ending? No? Me neither and I'm the author.

Merry Christmas ☆(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 2 6
Updating every few days for now. Writers block..! ☆ She got to enjoy the first year of high school where she really wanted to, Shiratorizawa, before...
367K 12.3K 68
(Haikyuu x Reader x BSD) Status: Completed After leaving the Port Mafia, Y/n sticks with Dazai until they decide to let Y/n go to Jr. High. What will...
127K 4.1K 58
Akari Ukai promised herself she was to never play volleyball again. Yet when her older brother Keishin Ukai injures himself, she must take the respon...
514K 17.6K 28
accepting coach nekomata's invitation to be the manager for the boys volleyball team wouldn't have been so stressful if you were aware of your charmi...