Like the First Time (Harry St...

By Swissgirl10

{Book 2} I bet you thought Harry and Lydia's story was over, correct? Guess what, you were fooled! Follow Lyd... More

Chapter 1: Meet Harry
Chapter 2: Hear me out
Chapter 3: Wonderwall
Chapter 4: Nachos
Chapter 5: Pink Lips
Chapter 6: Soon you will be
Chapter 7: Creep
Chapter 8: Panic Attacks
Chapter 9: The Solution
Chapter 10: Swings in the Park
Chapter 12: Wide Eyes

Chapter 11: Waiting

318 19 13
By Swissgirl10

***JUST A QUICK REMINDER TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN ME PLEASE***

Chapter 11: Harry

Sitting in the waiting room of the emergency room has been a nightmare. The thought of not knowing what is going through Lydia's body at the moment has put me on edge.

"Just relax, Harry," Louis' calming voice speaks through my cellphone. Some noise in the background can be heard but all I can hear is the silence that had grown in Lydia's apartment when she first passed out.

"I can't. What if-"

"No, there are no what if's. She'll be good. She was probably just sick or something."

Oh, yeah. They don't know her secret.

"Yeah, hopefully." I mutter whilst running my fingers through my messy hair.

I hear him sigh from the other end of the line, "Keep me posted on her status, all right? If you need anything just give me a call. I'll... I'll explain why you aren't here."

"Thank you, Louis." I smile to myself, so damn grateful that I have a friend, and brother, like him.

"Keep in touch, yeah?" He questions.

"Of course." I say just as two very familiar figures walk through the waiting room doors from the outside world, scowls on each of their faces. "Um, Lou. I need to go right now."

"Alrighty, then. Bye, mate." He sounds unsure of himself.

"Er...bye." I mumble, shoving my phone in my pocket.

"Where is she?" Lydia's mother demands, pushing herself up against the receptionist's desk.

"Who is this 'she', ma'am?" The woman behind the desk answers, her eyes looking away from her computer's screen.

"Lydia Sky." Her mother responds, her fingers tapping anxiously against the desk top.

The second person, who arrived with Lydia's mother, looks around the waiting room, as if searching for something. Or, rather someone. Their eyes land on me and they walk over, taking a seat to the left of me.

"Hello, Harry." My love's father nods his head at me in a hello fashion.

"Hello, Mr. Sky." I nod back, keeping my head down to avoid his ex-wife's cold hard glare.

"What happened to her?"

I clear my throat awkwardly.

"She, er." I rub the back of my throat. "She was given a vial which contained the cure to why her scales have been disappearing."

"From whom?" He cocks his head in confusion.

"A mermaid expert. It's a long story..." I feel a headache beginning.

"I demand to see my daughter!" I hear a slightly high-pitched woman's voice yell. "Right now!"

"Sit down, or else I'll have to ask you to leave."

The two of us look over to the desk to see Ms. Sky glaring down at the woman, a scowl on her face. Her dark eyes are narrowed and her jaw is stiff.

"Fine, let me know when I can see her." She states before turning around to face the rest of the room.

All of our eyes are on her. The little boy with a black eye and his mother are sitting in the corner, watching in disbelief. An old man with a wet cloth over his forehead has his mouth held a gap.

"Cynthia, come sit down before you embarrass yourself further." Mr. Sky looks at Lydia's mother and my eyes widen at the slightly older name. She didn't look like a Cynthia.

Cynthia glares at him and takes a seat next to me, one chair away from her ex. To say that the atmosphere is awkward is to compare me standing on stage naked. Completely weird.

She sighs to my right and says, "Hello, Mr. Styles."

"Hello, ma'am." I say back, avoiding her face.

"Care to explain the situation?" She barks.

"She took something that was supposed to help her scales grow back."

"Her scales were fading?" She gasps almost silently.

"She was injected with something from a syringe back in LA."

She gasps in shock. "I can't believe she wouldn't tell me that."

"Well, in all honesty, you haven't been the most welcoming to her, Cyn." David tells her.

Instantly, she pushes herself forward glaring past me. "I do not want to hear another word out of your mouth, David."

"The door is there, sweetheart." He sweeps his hands towards the automatic twin doors as the sarcastic words fall from his mouth. A low scowl is still present on his face.

Lydia's mother scoffs, turning away from the two of us. Minutes continue to pass and the near silence kills me.

"What happened between the two of you?" I ask before I can stop myself.

"That is none of your concern." Cynthia snaps.

"Oh, hush. It's not like it's a national secret." David remarks, slouching in his chair.

"You don't have to tell me." I mutter, twiddling my thumbs.

"We were in love, had our differences, then one thing led to another and we had twins. We were just going through a divorce when they were born. I took Austin, Lydia's younger brother, and she took Lydia. You know about their secrets so I you can understand why I was determined to keep them apart." David explains quickly.

Silence passes and I sigh, wondering if my love knew about this.

"How long has she been in there?" David asks me.

"Six hours, they haven't let me in to see her." I explain, waving my hands around.

The white doors open and a woman in scrubs steps out, a clipboard in her hand. She looks young, probably around my age.

"Lydia Sky?'

The three of us instantly stand up, running towards the nurse with anxious looks on our faces. I'm the closest one to her and I breathe in deeply, trying to calm my nerves.

"Is she alright?"

"She's conscious. She's been out of it, but she keeps asking for a Harry." She tells me, looking between us. "Are you Harry?"

"Yes, I am Harry." Sighing, I follow her through the open doors.

The two parents behind me begin to follow before the nurse stops them in their tracks. "You cannot come in yet."

"What?!" Cynthia yells. "I am her mother!"

"One person at a time. And since she's asking for Harry, he's allowed to go in first." The nurse holds up a small hand, stopping the older woman. "Please, go sit down and I will call you when it's your turn."

Mrs. Sky huffs before turning back to the waiting area to sit down. David steps up to me, leaning in to my ear to talk.

"Tell her that we are both out here. She doesn't like surprises." He nods at me, making his way to his ex-wife.

I follow the nurse into the emergency room patient area. Sickness and groaning surrounds me and I force myself to keep a straight face and stare ahead.

The nurse's knuckles rap against the covered glass doors, opening them to peek her head in. A doctor steps out between the gap and talks to the nurse quietly. At the end of their conversation they nod at each other, as if in agreement.

I clear my throat, gaining their attention. "Can I go in?"

"Yes," the doctor waves his hand at the room. "But, be careful."

"What?" I scrunch my eyebrows together. "Why?"

"She's overly emotional."

With a roll of my eyes, I step into the room, shutting the door behind me. The clicking of the door signals to her that a new person has entered the room.

Her hair is pulled up into a ponytail, probably made by a nurse. Bruises surround her green eyes, making them appear brighter, more lively.

"Hi," I whisper.

A small smile fits her pale and dry lips, as she breathes, "Harry."

With slow steps I walk to her bedside, grasping the hand with the IV stuck into her veins. Her fingers are cold as ice and I shiver, holding them to my chest.

"What did they say?" I ask.

"They have no explanation for what happened." She shakes her head left and right. "They shouldn't," she says lowly.

"Do you feel different?"

"Not in the slightest." A frown envelopes her lips, causing creases to form.

I sit on the edge of the bed, staring down at her. "I love you."

The frown disappears for a moment, a smile slipping onto her face.

"Harry, I love you, too."

And for just a moment, time is frozen.

*****

So, what's up with Lydia? Did the solution work, or not?

Remember to drop a vote, a comment, and add it to your library so you know when I update. Also, fan me? You will get a notification if you do.

Sorry about the lack of updates. My last year of high school has been hectic.

Who do you think the stalker is? Leave your guesses down in the comments!

Find out in chapter 12!

LOVE YOU!

-Caroline

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 9.9K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
137K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
864K 40.1K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
573K 12.8K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.