Beastly || Legolas

By Frayed-Apart

"There is a monster in all of us. I just happen to be in tune with mine". Legolas x male oc The hobbit trilogy More

Intro
Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
Twenty two
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four - Epilogue
Q&A

twenty three

7.8K 493 56
By Frayed-Apart

"What are you doing Bilbo?" A voice whispered in the dark. The hobbit jumped with a little yelp of surprise and whirled around to see Namir looming over him. The skin-changer's face was lit up with a amused smirk and his cat eyes seemed to glow slightly in the moonlight. 

"Namir, oh my word. You scared me", Bilbo breathed out in relief. "Where have you been? No one has seen you in days". Namir shrugged and waved his hand in a so-so manner. Bilbo narrowed his eyes suspiciously upon seeing the bags slung over his shoulders. Namir had not arrived with any luggage and now he had three heavy looking sacks over his back. "What have you got there? What are you up to?" 

"Nothing much", Namir blew his hair out of his face and smiled slightly sharply. "What are you doing out here at this time of night? Being sneaky little hobbit?" The battlements over the gate of Erebor was dark and silent. The only light coming from the full moon above. Namir had been surprised to catch Bilbo sneaking out and his curiosity has been peaked. 

"I'm going to warn Bard about Thorin", Bilbo whispered. "He's not himself and the dwarves cannot have a war". 

Namir was looking around. "No one is on watch. Why?" 

"They are still searching for the Arken stone", Bilbo sighed. 

"They have not yet found it?" 

"No, though it would probably make things worse. I saw it once, back when I was trying to steal it. But Smaug knocked it flying and I lost it. I hope they never find it". 

Namir hummed and leapt agilely onto the stone wall. He balanced on the edge before beginning to climb down. "I was heading to Dale anyway. You can come along".  Bilbo hurriedly tied the rope he had brought and began to climb after him. The man waiting quietly at the bottom for the hobbit to climb across the rubble of the destroyed bridge and meet him on the road. 

"What's in the bags?" Bilbo asked as they began walking for the ruins of dale. Distantly they could see the soft glow of campfires and the occasional glint of metal off golden elf armour. 

"Gold". 

Bilbo stopped and gaped. "Wait, You stole from Thorin?" 

Namir nodded calmly. "They have so much gold, I doubt they are going to notice one bag missing. It's enough for the people of Laketown to live off of and the other bag is a courting gift for Legolas". 

"But I thought they were your friends. Why steal?" Bilbo jogged to catch up with the longer legged man. 

"They are my friends", Namir nodded. "Which is why I am stealing from them". Bilbo frowned, completely confused by the skin-changer's logic. Namir paused to give them a second of silence. There was no sound but the rustle of their clothes and the slight clinking of his bags as they walked. "I don't want a war. So I am giving the men of Laketown the gold they are owed and the elves their gems. If Thorin wants to curse me for it, he can but it will save their lives". 

"That's remarkably Noble of you", Bilbo remarked. "But aren't you afraid of what Thorin may do when he finds out?" 

Namir shrugged. "I am not his subject. He holds no command over me and we Skin-changers are tough. Beorn has fought whole armies before, we do not fear the dwarves". Over their head, a light snow began to fall. 

They reached Dale and slipped through the guards easily. It was not hard for Namir to find Bard. He simply followed the man's scent through the now bustling ruins. Elf soldiers marched through the streets and the survivors of Laketown had taken refuge in any building that could still offer shelter. They passed many small campfires and huddled families. As they reached the centre of the ruined city, the scent grew stringer and a second familiar one joined it. 

"Gandalf!" Namir greeted as he caught sight of the grey robed figure. "Bard", he nodded at the man as he and Bilbo stepped closer. 

Gandalf grinned widely in surprise. "Namir! Bilbo Baggins! How good it is to see you". 

"War won't stop the dwarves", Bilbo stated. "They will die to defend their own". 

"Which is why I am here", Namir grinned smugly as he hefted his bags higher over his shoulders. "I need to speak to you and Thranduil. Can you take me to him?"

Bard eyed them both curiously before nodding. "If you can stop a war, be my guest. It is this way". He led them across the courtyard towards a golden tent. Snow was falling more heavily now and the air was sharp with cold, not that it bothered Namir. The skin-changer followed on, ducking through the tent flap after Bard and Gandalf. 

Thranduil was stood over a table. Long silver robes and long blonde hair. Namir hadn't seen Thranduil before and for a second he was struck by how much Legolas took after his father. Except the blue eyed gaze of the king was far more cold than any gaze Legolas had ever worn. He stood taller too, with an arrogant tilt of the head and the aura of someone above you. Namir was a cat, no one was ever above him. He narrowed his eyes slightly, the slits small and sharp as he met the elf-king's gaze. "Who, are you?" Thranduil spoke pointedly. 

"I am Namir", he stated. "And you must be Legolas' father". 

Gandalf coughed, shooting Namir a look at the disrespect he was showing. "And this is Bilbo Baggins of the shire". 

Thranduil looked up with renewed interest. His cold gaze taking each of them in, but it seemed to linger on Namir. Eyeing his dirty skin, lack of dress and ill fitting clothes, the wild mess of his wavy black hair. Then it met his cat eyes. "If, I'm not mistaken, you are the Ragad miog my son is so infuriatingly fond off. And this is the halfling who stole the keys to my dungeons from under the nose of my guards". Namir's expression twitched at the elvish words. Thranduil had referred  to him as a cat beast. 

Bilbo looked rather annoyed and frustrated but he ground out a reply through gritted teeth. "Yes. Sorry about that". Namir chuckled lightly. The hobbit was obviously not remotely sorry about it at all. 

Thranduil didn't seem amused. "Why are you here?" 

Namir looked around but there was no sign of Legolas. "Where is Legolas? I have a gift for him". 

"My son is off running amok with my ex-captain of the guard. He refuses to return until I remove her banishment", Thranduil stated with a lazy wave of his hand. Namir frowned, disappointment filing him. He wanted to see Legolas. 

"Alright. I shall keep his gift until I see him", he shrugged. Then he turned to Bard and pulled one of the bags from his shoulder. "I have come to give the people of Laketown this. Thorin has enough gold, I doubt he will miss one bag". 

Bard took the bag, eyebrow rising at the weight of it. He stepped towards the table and inside the fastenings before turning the bag over and tipping the contents out. Golden coins spilled over the wooden surface. A few diamonds and rubies bouncing among them as they all fell into a pile on the wood, some of them tipping off the edge and rolling across the tent floor. The tent was silent as Bard gave one last shake of the bag and the white crystal Namir had particularly favoured, landed on top of the pile. In the dark, the multicoloured lights that reminded him of galaxies, seemed to glow brighter than they had in the halls of Erebor. There were several audible gasps as Namir snatched the stone up and began tossing it casually from hand to hand. 

"Is this enough for the people of Laketown to continue their lives?" He asked as he rolled the crystal in his palm. 

Bard, Thranduil and Gandalf were all staring at the stone in his hand. "That's the Arken stone", Bilbo stuttered out. "You found it?" 

Namir blinked and looked down at the crystal. "Is it? I just thought it was really shiny". He flicked the crystal up into the air and caught it again. "Should I take it back to Thorin?" 

"No!" Bilbo yelped. "No. It will only make his dragon sickness worse". 

"The heart of the mountain", Thranduil was staring at the stone. "The king's jewel". 

"Why did you bring us this?" Bard was looking hopelessly at the treasure on the table. 

"I don't want a war. Though if we can't give the stone back to Thorin, can I keep it? It's pretty and look! It reflects light". He grinned and held up the stone again so that it glistened in the candle light. That seemed to bring the room back to themselves. 

"It can't be yours to keep, or this yours to give", Bard stated with a frown. 

"Then that bag will be my fourteenth share of the treasure", Bilbo voiced. "Namir can keep the Arken stone and all the trouble that comes with it if he wants". Namir grinned gleefully and tucked the stone into his clothing bag. 

"You thief", the accusations more amused than angry. Thranduil was looking at Namir with curiosity. He sat down on the only chair in the room with a flowing grace. "You now have me intrigued. What have you stolen to gift to my son, and why?" 

Namir smiled. "Simple, I am wooing him. Or courting, which is what you call it. Legolas says that it involves gifts and since he gave me the first gift, it is my turn to have one for him". 

Thranduil's eyes narrowed. "You intend to court my son? What makes you worthy?" 

Namir tilted his head. "I am not. But I have saved his life and he has saved mine. He has offered me food and I have been there to comfort him. He has known me for over a three hundred years, regardless of which form I take. In my race, that makes us equal to be mates. But I understand that it is different for your race so I am following your customs. Wether or not my gift is accepted is his choice, not yours". For a second Thranduil and him held gazes. But Namir was a cat and could outstare anyone. The elf king blinked and looked away first. 

"Very well. We shall march for Erebor in the morning to deliver the news that there will be no war. You, radag, you will stay here until my son returns". He stood up and gestured with a sweep of his arms. "You may sleep here". 

"I'd better get back before they notice I am gone". Bilbo nodded at them and turned from the tent. Namir jumped over to walk next to him. 

"I'll see you off". He grinned as Gandalf followed. 

unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 156 7
The is part 2 of 3 books Make sure you read part 1 I do not own any of this
317K 6.7K 49
From Bilbo Baggins, to Boromir, even Bjorn. I began these imagines in 2013 at the best of my memory. I have been to and from Wattpad for so long. Ple...
16.8K 354 33
I have always loved my life, but for some reason wanted more. There was one thing I seemed to lack, was spending time with friends, most being busy a...
28.2K 946 32
Finally Veryan wasn't alone in this world. Finally he has found someone to love him. Yet, even though he want's to be with the one he truly loves, he...