๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‹๐จ...

By namjoons_miss_right

Kim Namjoon, a 27-year old multi-billionaire CEO and owner of one of the most prominent fashion companies in... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note (Updated)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Teaser: Fighting For Love
Questions, Opinions, and Suggestions for Zuki
Announcement

Chapter 64

1K 64 56
By namjoons_miss_right

[A/N: I suggest you to listen to Traitor by Olivia Rodrigo while reading this chapter.]

Author's POV

Some minutes later, after Seoyeon left, the host announced to the guests to head to the lobby for the special show of the night. Since she and Namjoon were still not back, Taehyung excused himself to look for them. He wouldn't want to enjoy the surprise without Seoyeon. So, he went to where Seoyeon went when she exited to answer the call. He looked around, but she was nowhere to be found. Soon after, he spotted Ms. Kang walking back so he called her attention.

"How may I help you, sir?" She accommodated as she approached him.

"Did you happen to see where Seoyeon went? I'm looking for her, since the show is about to start."

"Oh, Ms. Park? I think I saw her walk to the parking area a while ago." She answered as she points at the direction to where she saw Seoyeon.

"Thank you, Ms. Kang." He uttered with a smile, while she bowed and excused herself to accommodate the guests.

Recalling what she said, Taehyung jog his way to the parking area. He wandered his eyes around until he finally spotted Seoyeon's figure from a far. He was about to call her name, but she took a left turn and she disappeared from his sight. Curious enough, he decided to follow her, but he got surprised to see the garden being lit up with fairy lights and some petals were scattered like decorations. When he looked up, he got even more surprised to see his brother holding some flowers while talking to Seoyeon.

"What are they doing?" He whispered to himself as he quietly walked closer and hid behind the bushes, enough distance to hear and see them properly.

"I'm not mad at you, Namjoon. I may ignore you and act stoic, but that doesn't mean I'm mad at you. I'm just upset on how you spoke to me during the call this afternoon, then I will just know that I have a new date the last minute. I was really excited to show you how much I've prepared for tonight, so I felt disappointed when things didn't go accordingly as I thought." He heard Seoyeon spoke, which somehow pained him.

"So she was expecting hyung.... Was that why hyung doesn't want to let me be her date?" He mumbled inaudibly, remembering how Namjoon kept on declining him last night, but hearing Namjoon's reply made him froze.

"I'm still sorry for that, love. Please accept my apology gift."

"L-Love?" He repeated as he felt his body got numb while his brain somehow couldn't register what he just heard.

"Did you prepare all of this?" Seoyeon's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, so he looked at his brother for his response.

"I wanted to make it up to you, since I wasn't being a good boyfriend today, so I asked help to make this garden look nice."

Taehyung could feel his heart getting shattered after hearing the word that confirmed his assumption. So many questions began to fog his mind. How long have this been going on? Out of all the woman his brother could fall in love with, why her? Why does is have to be the woman he is in love with? Out of all the mixed emotions he is having, only one became significant: betrayed. He felt betrayed by his own brother. It felt as if Namjoon just waited for him to leave the country before shooting his shot.

Although his mind says that he should leave, but his feet can't even oblige. Because of that, he witnessed something he wished he never did. He saw how his brother shared a kiss with her. It never looked force, instead they looked so happy and in love while doing so. The smile on their lips never left as they share another one.

"I love you, Seoyeon." He heard Namjoon say with his loving voice.

"I love you, Namjoon." She replied and it was as if his tears were on cue as they began to escape his eyes and stained his cheeks.

He couldn't handle the pain of hearing nor seeing them like that again, so he finally left without them even noticing his presence. As he ran away from the garden, the loud booming sound of the fireworks startled him.

"I guess I was the one who got surprised, huh." He muttered under his breath as he scoffed bitterly.

Meanwhile, back at the garden, the loud sound of the the fireworks took Seoyeon's attention. She was in awe while looking at the night sky being painted with the bright, colorful lights of the fireworks.

"I don't remember putting up a fireworks display on the program." She said while admiring it.

"Surprise," Namjoon suddenly whispered, earning her attention.

"You prepared the fireworks as well?" She asked in amusement, while he nods with a triumphed smile.

"I can never forget how your face lights up while watching the fireworks at the amusement park. You were so happy that time, so I've decided to set up a display for tonight." He then placed the lost strands of her hair behind her ear. "This was supposed to be a romantic night. I wanted to surprise you with your favorite things, but it didn't go as planned." He sighed, but Seoyeon held his cheek and caressed it gently.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me, love. You don't know how much you make me happy." She smiled, and the colorful beams of the fireworks were flashing on their faces.

"I'll do anything to make you happy."

"You're already enough, Namjoon. Even if we just spend the whole day doing nothing together, I'm already happy." She assured before resting her head on his shoulder and went back to watch the fireworks.

However, she suddenly thought of Taehyung. She still felt bad for not telling him about her relationship with Namjoon this afternoon, but she doesn't want to speak about it without consulting Namjoon first. He is still Taehyung's brother, he will know what's best for him.

"By the way," She initiated as she looked up at him, "When are we going to tell Taehyung about us? I don't want to keep our relationship as a secret to him. He deserves to know." And she saw him frown and became worried.

"To be honest, I still don't know when is the right time to tell him. He just got home and he looked so happy to be with us." He said with concern in his voice.

"Can I at least tell him not to court me anymore? It just really makes me feel so sad to think that I'm in a relationship with you while he is unaware about it. I don't want him to wait for nothing." She requested, so Namjoon nodded in assurance. "After the event, he said he will drive me back home. Can I talk to him about it later?" She asked.

"Sure, love." He approved and saw her smile faintly.

"Let's go back now. They might be looking for you already."

After seizing their hug, they finally decided to go back. Seoyeon went ahead, while Namjoon followed after some minutes. Most of the guests were still at the lobby area, since the fireworks display is still on. Seoyeon immediately spotted Taehyung from the crowd because he is the only one who has a unique attire from them.

"Taehyung!" She called to get his attention, which she successfully did, and waved at him as she walks closer. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know it will take me that long. The fireworks are so beautiful, aren't they?" She smiled as she stood beside him and looked at the sky.

Taehyung didn't utter a word and just stared at Seoyeon with pain and sadness in his eyes. He never loved anyone aside from her. She is the first woman who made his heart race, not just because of her beauty but also because on how she sincerely appreciates him. He could already imagine living a happy and simple life with her and help her build the garden she wanted to have. She's his inspiration and motivation to become a better person each and everyday. But now that he is looking at her after what he witnessed, it's like all his dreams with her were crushed into dust. He doesn't blame her for falling in love with his brother. She wasn't his in the first place, and Seoyeon already told him back then, that she doesn't want him to wait for her. He should've known by then that he doesn't have a chance, but he knows that he could win her heart by being persistent. It wasn't as effective as he thought.

Taehyung casually looked around and spotted Namjoon standing with Seokjin, not so far from where he and Seoyeon is. He smiled bitterly to see his brother looking fondly at Seoyeon, who is oblivious while enjoying the display. All his life, he admired his brother. He is his bestfriend, his adviser, and his number one supporter ever since they were kids. When Namjoon lost Seyoung, it was as if Taehyung lost his brother as well. He never wished for anything aside from his brother's and niece's happiness, that was why he kept on telling his brother to open his heart again. He just didn't expect that Namjoon will open his heart to her. Although he knows his brother's feelings are unpreventable, Taehyung still wished that Namjoon considered him before deciding to make a move. Namjoon knew about Taehyung's love interest towards Seoyeon from the very start. Does that mean nothing to him?

"That was amazing! Did you see the last one? It has small red sprinkles after it went boom." Seoyeon suddenly spoke with happiness sensed in her voice, snapping Taehyung from his thoughts.

"I'm glad to see you enjoy the fireworks, Seoyeon." He said as he tried to smile.

"I heard from Ms. Kang that the event is over after this fireworks display." She informed and he nodded.

They were now asked to come back inside and just like what Seoyeon said, the host then announced the final announcement of the night: giving thanks to everyone who celebrated with special day with the Kim family. After that, most guests went to congratulate Namjoon and Taehyung for this successful night. Their parents were outside the country, that's why they weren't able to attend this gala. And little by little, the guests are now leaving the venue.

While Seoyeon was just standing alone as she waits for Taehyung, some bachelor guests showed interest to her by approaching her and giving their 'personal' business cards to her, which contains their contact number and some information about them. She was clueless about it and thought that they were giving it to her so that she could give those to Namjoon for business purposes, so she gladly accepted every card she was receiving.

"Merci d'avoir participé au gala. Bonne soirée, monsieur." She smiled to the French guest as she bids farewell, thanking him for attending and wishing him a wonderful evening.

One advantage of being Namjoon's secretary is learning different languages. He would pay a tutor to teach Seoyeon specific languages that she needs to learn. It will help her be confident enough to converse with foreign investors and business partners when Namjoon is not around. Meanwhile, after seeing her alone again, Yoongi finally decided to approach her while his parents are with him.

"Seoyeon," He called, which made her turn around to face the voice calling her.

"Oh, Yoongi-ssi." She then smiled and bowed to his parents, "Greetings, Mr. and Mrs. Min."

But she was just startled when she got welcomed by a tight hug from Mrs. Min. She felt unsure whether she should hug her back or just let her be. Before she could decide, Mrs. Min finally pulled away and then cupped Seoyeon's face with her warm hands.

"My dear Sunmi," She smiled while caressing Seoyeon's face. "Eomma is here now." Mrs. Min suddenly whispered while tears are starting to well on her eyes.

Seoyeon glanced at Yoongi before carefully removing Mrs. Min's hands off her face, "Ma'am, I'm sorry but my name is Seoyeon." She kindly corrected and saw how her smile turned into a frown. "I know you believe that I'm your lost daughter because of the test you did, but we shouldn't believe in those things immediately. We don't know if it was accurate. So I hope you'd understand why I don't to assume, because I don't want you to be disappointed if ever it was wrong." She added.

"Would you mind if we do another test then?" Mr. Min interjected, while his wife nods along.

"Can I at least consult my parents first? Then I will call Yoongi-ssi to update him about it." Seoyeon uttered, causing a relieved smile on the two.

"Son, please give her your number so that she could contact you." Mr. Min instructed to Yoongi, who then handed her his business card.

"Thank you, my dear." Mrs. Min smiled warmly at her, "Can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it, ma'am?" She asked.

"Even if the results will turn out to be different, can I still treat you as if you are my daughter?" Mrs. Min requested and it took Seoyeon a while to answer.

"Of course, ma'am." She just said.

"Thank you, Seoyeon." Mrs. Min then hugged her again, but this time, Seoyeon hugged her back.

They had their farewells and a few minutes after that, Seoyeon saw Taehyung walking towards her. She remembered the plan she had in mind, which is to talk to Taehyung later. When Taehyung was finally with her, he invited her to leave the venue and they went to the parking area where Taehyung's car is. After that, they finally drove away the Convention Center. All throughout the trip, Taehyung was just quiet, so Seoyeon just watched the buildings they pass by. Because of that, the trip got so weird and Seoyeon felt awkwardness. When they finally reached her apartment, Taehyung parked his car across the road and was about to unbuckle his seatbelt when he heard Seoyeon clear her throat.

"Uhm, won't you mind if we talk for a moment?" She finally uttered, so Taehyung sat back comfortably.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked as he looks at her, trying to shrug the assumptions he had in mind.

"I have something to ask you...." She initiated, uncertain, so he smiled at her to assure her. "Are you still waiting for me?" She exhaled anxiously after asking.

"Would it hurt if I say yes?" He jokingly said after sensing her nervousness. "Why did you ask though?" He added, but there was a long pause before Seoyeon answered his question.

"I need you to stop waiting for me," She slowly said, "I want you to no longer wait for me, Taehyung. I don't want to make you wait for nothing."

Hearing her words just confirmed his assumptions and although he is smiling, he is also trying so hard not to tear up.

"Why is that?" He queried, keeping his voice from breaking. "Is it because you love someone now? It's hyung, isn't it?" His question made her silent, then he scoffed bitterly. "I saw you at the garden with hyung. You two kissed and exchanged I love you's."

"I-I'm so sorry...." All she was able to say as she tries to touch his face and wipe his tears after seeing it falling on his cheeks, but Taehyung avoided it.

"You know what's more painful?" He asked as he laughs faintly and wipe his tears. "I can't even blame you for loving someone else. You were never mine, so who am I to demand? Right?"

Seoyeon just looked at him with her apologetic gaze. It hurts her to see him this way, but she knows it's better to let him know than keeping it from him.

"B-But.... Why does it have to be my brother, Seoyeon? You could've loved anyone else and I would've understand. It shouldn't be this painful.... What's in him that I don't have?"

"Taehyung, you don't have to compare yourself to him. You two are different—"

"Just admit it. He is better than me. He always is." He cut her off.

"No, that's not true. You are an amazing person, Taehyung."

"Then why, Seoyeon? In those years, was there no love formed?" He asked with pain in his voice, couldn't further stop himself from sobbing. "W-Why does it have to be him? Why is it always hyung?" He sniffled like a child as he covers his face with his palms.

Slowly, he felt her arms around him while she hugs him. She feels so guilty for hurting him, when all he ever did was to love her. Taehyung then cried on her shoulder while she just let him. It's the least she can do.

[A/N: I actually had a hard time writing this because my mind feels sorta blank. I don't think it's good enough but also it is, if that made sense. The truth is, the flow of the story changed a LOT from what I was anticipating. By the way, I got my report card for the first semester and my grades were surprisingly soaring high! I was so happy and wished I could show it to Namjoon, lol. Also, happy 11k reads! Thank you for supporting this story, everyone. It won't reacht this far without you all. Lovelots!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 10.3K 72
"You're really sick you know. I can't imagine someone being as mean and selfish as you, ๐˜’๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜๐˜ท๐˜บ." He says, as he finally let go of her. "Only...
94.1K 3.2K 24
Y/n Agarwal is a indian girl studying in Seoul, South Korea. She is 20. Kim Taehyung is a ceo of kim industries in seoul, south korea. He is 24. Now...
3.8K 371 24
A story in which a man named Jeon Jungkook works hard and wants to replace his father and be the Ceo of their company. It's his first priority and mo...
217K 12.4K 57
when jisoo's family company is going bankrupt, her father made a deal with a business partner and set her up into a marriage TWICE at only 20 years o...