A Chance At Redemption -- Var...

By Megan_Idek

Evil follows the group and will do anything to stop you from getting your destiny. Can you rise above everyth... More

Welcome back!
Chapter 1 - Beyond Corona walls
Chapter 2 - So we meet again...
Chapter 3 - If i could take that moment back
Chapter 4 - a wedding to crash
Chapter 5 - the return of Quaid
Chapter 6 - what's up now?
Chapter 7 - She's a deputy you crook
Chapter 8 - A birthday boy's surprise
Any questions? (Not a chapter)
Chapter 9 - Bloopers (From book one)
Chapter 10 - The forest of no return
Chapter 11 - What did you just call me?
Chapter 12 - Mr Rider and Miss Striker to the rescue
Chapter 13 - Proud of your boy
Chapter 14 - My boyfriend's a bird-
Chapter 15 - Did Leo just...
Chapter 16 - Vigor the Visionary
Chapter 17 - you have got to be kidding me Eugene
some outfits!
Chapter 18 - sleepy Bean
Chapter 19 - when you see someone fall... pick them up
Chapter 20 - How Eugene met (__)
Chapter 21 - Keeper of the spire
Chapter 22 - I am not annoyed... I AM NOT ANNOYED
Chapter 23 - King Pascal
Chapter 24
Chaper 25 - Pascal and Leo to the rescue
chapter 26 - Happiness is?
Chapter 27 - Sadness is?
Chapter 28- A prank day gone wrong
Chapter 29 - Max, Eugene and (__) in Peril on the high seas
Chapter 30 - Remember that phase?
Chapter 31 - Independence or teamwork?
Chapter 32 - Curses!
Chapter 33 - A monkey curse?
Chapter 34 - When life gives you lemons, you give them horseshoes
new book!!
Chapter 35 - the swinging rocks... OF DOOM!
chapter 36 - The eye of Pincosta
Chapter 37 - If I had the only flask of water...
New-ish book :)
Chapter 38 - God damn it Rapunzel
Chapter 39 - The great tree...
Chapter 40 - the truth of the moonstone
Chapter 41 - A monster leashed within
Chapter 43 -Livin' the dream (as the favourite
what do you guys want?
Chapter 44- Rapunzel and Y/n: Day one
Chapter 45 -Starlight Stikes back
Chapter 46 - Varian's beginning
Chapter 47 - Mirror, Mirror!
chapter 48 - fake or real?
Varian: A Christmas Carol
Varian: A Christmas carol part two
chapter 49 :Your kidding me!
Chapter 50: Y/ntopia!

Chapter 42 - The brothers Hook

564 6 63
By Megan_Idek

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

The brothers hook

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

It was late at night, owls were hooting in the sky, and a breeze was gently blowing as you, Varian, and Sophie sat around the campfire. For once, you choose to remain up with Sophie rather than pondering the group's next course of action with Rapunzel.

"So that's why I was so terrified that day," Sophie explained, poking at the fire with a stick. "I'm not sure who he's looking for, but I'm guessing it's because of the three of us. After all, you are the royals' adopted daughter, and Varian is already considered a villain in Corona,  no offence Varian." Sophie rummaged through her bag and pulled out a necklace that you recognized.

Varian rolled his eyes, sighing, “None taken.”

“That necklace… are you sure it’s his?” You asked, feeding Leo a slice of apple.

“I’m positive. I know each and every emblem and who they belong to. Hubert made his quite easy know who it belongs to.” Sophie turned it around, seeing a small H on the back. “They're not many of these, but every single one of them has a slightly different design, representing the holder of it. I have my mother's too, I threw it down the void back at the great tree yet I found it again in the rubble before we left… Kinda glad I did, to be honest.”

Varian hummed in thought, splitting an apple in two for Sebastian and Ruddiger, “I dont know. This sounds quite suspicious. What if he placed that there knowing you would find it. What if he wanted Sophie to know he’s after one or all of us so he could distract us? Should we tell Rapunzel?”

You considered for a moment, how Rapunzel might handle the situation?  She'd simply do what her heart tells her to do. However, based on how exhausted you've been in the last week and Cass's hand. Telling them about something so harmful isn't the greatest option. At the very least, you should keep away from the drama for a bit.

“We can't tell her. It’ll take her off track if we did. Besides we need to go to the dark kingdom.” The wind became much stronger, blowing directly into everyone's faces. Making it difficult for everyone to see. That wasn't the only thing that blew in your face, though. A poster.

“Argh!” You yelled, “What in the poster?” You took the poster off your face, seeing a man you knew very well at one point. Hook hand. “Hey, that's Hook hand!” You gasped.

“Hookhand?” Varian looked at the poster, “West Ipsil… That's not far away from here… Should we go?” Varian asked

Sophie looked at you confused, “Hookhand? Who’s he?” 

“Oh, of course, you won't know. This is Hookfoots brother. He used to be at the snuggly duckling before he got his destiny being a pianist.” You explained, putting the poster in your pocket. “I used to be good friends with him. And he helped me, Max, and Sebs get Eugene out of the dungeons and save Rapunzel from the tower.”

“Woah, that long ago huh?” Sophie hummed in thought.

Suddenly shouting burst from the distance,  of course, it was Eugene, “What's with all the noise over there? Some people need their beauty sleep you know! And Varian, if  Ruddiger has eaten all the apples again I swear-”

“They're all there, Eugene!” You all ran behind a tree, “How many do we have left?” You asked.

Varian checked the bag, “One.” He smiled awkwardly.

“Okay, we're done for. There’s gonna be a huge fight for that apple tomorrow, I just know it. Who’s up for a little overnight trip to West Ipsil?” You smirked. “I’m not staying for another fight for the last apple again. I'm traumatized from the last.”

“But isnt that a three-day trip?” Sophie asked, picking up Ash as she chased Ruddiger seeming Angry at him like usual. “And we have a day and a half to get there.”

You looked over to Sebastian who already heard the conversation, Trotting over, “Up for it, buddy?” Sebastian nodded, looking quite determined.

“Then we have a long night tonight. But let's just place a note first.” You ripped a page out of your journal. “Uhhh, let's see… Gone to West Ipsil to see Hook Hand’s show. Come if you want. (P.s sorry about the apple fight, Raps.)” Short and sweet. Just like you, Var.” You smirked, hopping onto Sebastian.

Varian huffed, “I’m not that short!” Varian took the note and impaled it onto a nail that had another one of Hook Hands Posters.

Sophie laughed as she hopped on the back of Sebastian, “You know, Instead of dark moonstone magic, I think your magic ability is being in denial.”

You rolled your eyes, “Just like old times. Now… fast as you can Sebby!”

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

The sun began to rise, and a stunning sunset glistened across the landscape in front of you. With Sebastian's speed, what would have taken you three days took little under a night. Plus There was no stopping you with Leo's shortcuts!

“I’ve missed these types of adventures. Just us three on our own.” A luxurious caravan stood in front of you, looking quite similar to the one you had before but not as large.“Do you think he’s in?” You asked.

Varian walked up the steps, knocking on the door gently. He quickly jumped down, slightly nervous.

The door burst open, “Alright, alright, who’s knocking- Oh, (__)!” he laughed.

You smiled brightly, “Hook hand!” 

Hook Hand embraced you into a hug, “I can't believe you came all this way! Just to see my show.”

“We’ve been on the road for a while now, so when we saw the poster we thought we see an old friend.” You explained.

“Plus the Snuggly duckling isnt quite the same without you,” Varian added. “W-Well, from the few times I've been in there. Like twice. Still, good to see you!” He Stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Ah! The little lady's secret crush!” Hookfoot ruffled Varian’s hair. “I heard a lot about you when I lived at the old pub.”

You rubbled the back of your neck, feeling slightly embarrassed. “Boyfriend now.”

Hookhand gasped, “Awh! The little lady had grown up! Oh, and I love that streak in your hair, very unique. That would make you recognisable on tour! Though of course, you're not, And I am.” He looked at Sophie, “And who are you?”

“Sophie Slayer. Friends of those dorks.” She smirked.

“Slayer ey? Any chance you're related to Sun slayer?” Hookhand growled. “She stole some of my prized possessions! She’s Lucky I had more of them…”

“Never heard of her!” Sophie gulped. “What kind of name is sun slayer anyway! Hehe...” 

“Well then! Come in! It’s freezing out here. How about I get you those backstage passes I promised ya.”

You entered his caravan, It was the most fanciest thing you had ever seen! Could you dare say even more fancy than the castle in Corona? Everywhere was sprinkled in gold and jewels, even the bathtub was gold!

Hook hand offered you all a place to sit, “Now, I wanna hear everything that's happened. Where’s Princess Rapunzel?”

“She’s somewhere. We left last night to come here, though it would be nice to come, ya know? I left her a note, saying we're here. Oh, and these streaks, we didn't dye them in our hair to be recognisable. It’s like the magic Rapunzel has, I’m assuming you know Rapunzel has her long hair again?”

Hook Hand chuckled, “Of course I do! Rapunzels hair returning has spread worldwide. Though I didn't know about yours… Strange. Are they trying to stop people from knowing or something? Well, now we’ve caught up, let's go to the tents, I can show you around backstage!” Hook Hand announced.

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Meanwhile, the rest of the group had woken up, some more stressed than others. Cass placed an apple on Hookfoot’s sleeping head, ready to shoot it with an arrow.

Eugene paced up and down, “Cass (__), Varian, and Sophie are missing. Why are you shooting an apple?” Eugene took the apple, ready to eat it.

“Hey, that’s our last apple!” Cass shouted.

“So why are you using it for target practice?” Eugene argued. “And (__) said we had more than- Oh no she didn't! Did she really disappear because of the last apple fight?”

“I’m sorry, but are we not gonna talk about how someone was about to shoot an apple off my head!!” Hook foot screamed.

“I’m sorry, but arent you at least a little concerned about where the kids have got to?” Eugene worried.

“Yeah, duh. I just know they can handle themselves. I’m sure they’ll be fine.” Cassandra answered, aiming to shoot the apple out of Eugene’s hand when Lance took it. 

“Lance that's our last apple!” Eugene shrieked.

Rapunzel watched the argument unfolding from near the bushes. Rolling her eyes, “Ugh, where could they be, Pascal?” She asked. “And it sounds like another apple brawl… I mean, I can't blame them for hiding, I mean, last time when an apple brawl happened Sophie came out with a black eye, and Varian lost his shoe… I wonder where that went?”

Pascal ate a berry, the juice squirting out onto the same poster as the night before, he squeaked, running over. He held the note in his hand and the poster in the other, squealing to get Rapunzel’s attention.

Rapunzel ran over, she gasped, “Gone to West Ipsil to see HookHand’s show. Come if you want. (P.s sorry about the apple fight, Raps.) So that’s where they are! That's such a relief nothing bad’s happened to them! Pascal, you're amazing!” 

Rapunzel ran over to the rest of the group cheerful as ever, “Great news everybody! I know where the kids are!” 

Eugene got himself out of Max’s mouth, “Where? Is (__) okay? When I see that kid-”

Rapunzel held out the poster, “They're at the Hook hand concert! And now we're going there to see him too!” Everyone looked unamused at her. “Not only will we see some live entertainment, but it’ll also give us a chance to unwind and get our mind off the road. And each other.” She ran over to Hookfoot, “And it will be a Hook Brothers’ Reunion!”

Cass scowled, “Okay me too, when I see that kid she’s dead.”

“Why just (__)? Last time I recalled we had three of them.” Lance wondered.

“Because (__) is like  Sunshine to their trio. Anything they do She has the first say to, and maybe sometimes she the reason we get into these messes.” Eugene cleared his throat,  “Varian is obviously me, smart,  Gets the ladies, charming, a handsome-”

Cassandra rolled her eyes, “Eugene you're talking about yourself again.”

“Fine, moving on, Soph’s like Cass, Cold, Sarcastic, hard to live with, cold-hearted, blah blah blah.” Eugene blabbered. 

Hookfoot smiled sheepishly, “Thing is… West Ipsil is a three-day walk, they obviously rode on Sebastian getting there quicker. I dont think the horses can carry all of us… such a shame.” He lied.

Rapunzel gasped, “Oh my goodness they are just like us! Isnt  That so adorable! Now C’mon, It’s alright, Hookfoot. If we leave now, don’t stop to eat or drink, and walk twice as fast as we normally do! Oh, and no sleeping.”

Everyone groaned, slowly following Rapunzel. “I dont care whose idea this was. They're all dead for making us walk to see this.” Cass grumbled.

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

It had been an amazing day! Hook Hand showed you and Varian a thing or two on how to play like him on Piano, and to be honest Varian was surprisingly good! And being backstage and seeing everything happen was incredible! And most importantly, Hook Hand seems so happy, dont even start with the crowd. It’s awesome to see someone's dream turn into reality, and hopefully, soon yours will be too.

Rapunzel ran in as Hook Hand was playing his last note in the last song, you noticed and gasped, waving from backstage. Rapunzel smiled, “There she is!” She waved back. “And there's Hook Hand!” She squealed. 

Hook Hand chucked as the crowd went wild, “It’s so good to be back! Goodnight everybody!”

Hook Hand walked backstage towards you, smiling, “How did I do, little lady? I need to know from my number one fan.” He asked.

“Amazing as always! You couldn't be anything else.” You responded.

“I know. It was pretty good.” Hook Hand boasted. “Now C’mon you three, I have some of the best hot cocoa of all of the seven kingdoms, you will love it, I know.” He gestured to follow, of course, you all did.

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

You all enjoyed sipping on the hot chocolate, he was right, it was amazing! Even the drink tasted expensive! I’m not sure how that's possible but it did.

A knock on the door made Hook Hand grumble, “I wonder who that is?” He got up and walked over, You, Varian, and Sophie looked at each other before following. “All right, all right, who’s knocking?” He shouted, he looked down and laughed, “Hey, Rapunzel!”

Rapunzel gasped, giving the same reaction as you did, “Hook-hand!” 

(Okay, let’s not do this again, xD)

Rapunzel and Hook Hand greeted each other, you took a step outside, knowing what the reactions were going to be like once you arrived back to the group.

Eugene grabbed you by the collar of your shirt, his breathing quite rapid,  “You missy are in so much trouble! Why didn't you say you were coming here, so ya know, we didn't have to search the ENTIRE forest for you?!” 

Cass crossed her arms, “You know, I dont agree with Eugene a lot but seriously? Out any places, you come here? I mean, knowing Rapunzel we would've found ourselves here anyway.” She sighed, seeming quite calm.

You smiled sheepishly, “How was the apple fight? I mean, we did leave a note, so ya know, you knew? Heh…”

Hook Hand placed his hook in front of Eugene’s face, growling, “While she’s here, you dont speak to her like that, got it.” 

Hah! Tough to be you, Eugene. Seems like someone got a bodyguard right now. Oh boy, this is gonna be good.

“Oh yeah, that's right, you hate me and have a sharp hook… hand,” Eugene laughed nervously, scratching the side of his neck, “You are still in a lot of trouble, I swear-.” He whispered,  clearing his throat, “Anyway! I’ll just wait… from over here!” He walked to the end of the group.

Hook Hand scanned the group,  when he noticed a goon he hadn't seen in a very long time he raised an eyebrow, “Wait… Razzle Dazzle, is that you?” Hook-Hand smirked.

Hookfoot frowned, staring at the ground. Oh boy, this doesn't look good.

“Wait Razzle Dazzle?” Eugene and Lance spoke in chorus.

Sophie burst out laughing, “Now that's way worse than sun slayer. Now I dont feel bad about that nickname-” Sophie’s eyes widened when hook-hand started to growl, “I’m, just stay at the back with Eugene.”

Hook Hand embraced his Lil brother into a hug, “Bring it in, little bro!” 

Hookfoot scowled, “You know, it still hurts when you use the hook.” he pushed himself out of the hug.

“You still dazzling everybody with that silly dancin’.” Hook Hand teased, nudging him.

Hookfoot started to grumble at him, yet Rapunzel kept cheering on, “Woah, hold on a second. Dancing?” She asked. “Hookfoot, you're a dancer?”

“No!” Hookfoot defend himself, scrunching his head into his shoulders with his arms crossed. 

Hook hand laughed, nudging him, “Ha! Yeah, right.” He brought his little brother into a headlock, “Dancing was this guy's dream. You believe that?” he mocked.

Rapunzels eyes sparkled, a broad smile on her face, “Seriously? How did I not know this?”

“So that’s why you used to give me so many tips when everyone was dancing in the snuggly duckling!” You exclaimed, crossing your arms.

“Alright. Actually, dancing was my dream. But not anymore.” Hookfoots lips pressed together, glaring at Hook Hand. 

“Probably for the best right?” Hook hand elbowed him, “Now, who wants a tour of my new digs?” He asked, taking lead into his caravan.

Everyone walked in one by one except you and Rapunzel noticing that Hookfoot stayed behind. His arms were crossed and it seemed like this ‘brother reunion’ was like hell stored in one caravan.

“Hookfoot, you coming?” Rapunzel asked. 

“Why? So I can listen to this jerk who crushed my dreams, brag about him living his?” Hookfoot snapped, walking over to a pole, swinging on it,  “Sorry princess. It's just when I was a kid, dancing was my everything. It was my dream, but not everyone was happy to let me have my dream… I danced and danced, but all I ever got was… ‘You kidding? Dancings for losers!’ Then I found out he had a fancy dream of his own, and when I asked him if I could join him, he just laughed in my face!”

“Aw, hookfoot, that's awful.” Rapunzel placed a hand on his shoulder, feeling bad for him.

“So that's when you gave it all up and left for Corona… I’m so sorry that happened to you, Hookfoot. But I don’t understand, he told me you were just moving to Corona, why would he tell me different?” You asked, Comforting him. 

Hookfoot shrugged, “Eh, it's ancient history, I guess. I’m just glad this little visit is over and the Brothers Hook can go separate ways once again.” 

The door burst open, Hook Hand sprang out smiling, “Got some good news for ya, turns out were heading in the same direction. You guys are ridin’ with me.” He announced, walking back into the caravan. Both Rapunzel and Hookfoot glared, walking into the caravan. 

You sighed, resting against the vehicle's frame, as usual, pondering your next moves. Sebastian rubbed his nose on your arm, attempting to comfort you.

“What's up, Milady?” Varian arched an eyebrow as he walked down the caravan's few steps. He wrapped his arms around you, twisting your hair around his fingers. With the scent of cinnamon and cookies from him, you buried your head in the crook of his neck.  If hugs healed boy, you would be the healthiest person alive.

You pulled back, looking into his perfect blue eyes dazzling in the sunset. You placed your hand on the side of his face, feeling the heat of blush rushing to him, “Your hugs could heal the world, you know.” You chuckled, stroking his face with your thumb.

Both of you sat against the caravan, leaning against it, “So, wanna tell me what's wrong, darling?” Varian asked, brushing your hair out of your face. "You know, I haven't heard those words in a long time. Pretty sure you were the last to speak them to me." He laughed to himself.

You pulled out your journal from your satchel, looking at all the pages full of colour and excitement, yet one thing they were missing. Freedom. “Dont get me wrong, but do you feel like even though we are free from the walls of Corona, you still feel… Trapped? We have the whole world to explore and yet we can only go about ten feet away from the group. If I knew we would be stuck with them all the time we would have taken a bit longer finding them.”

Varian watched as you flipped the pages of your journal, “I understand what you mean, but I suppose we have to stay with them, if we didn't who knows what would happen. Especially with you know who still out there.” He placed an arm around your shoulders, “And to be honest, I’m completely happy traveling around with a crazy group as long as I have you, and you make an awesome pillow-” You nudged him, “I’m kidding, I'm kidding!  But you never know, we might get a chance to explore on our own someday. And as long as we're together, I'm happy.”

You both stand up, hand in hand as you walk into the caravan, You placed your head on his shoulder, imagining an adventure you, Varian, and Sophie could go on, it would be incredible! After all, you three are the next generation of the trio just a few feet away from you.

And if they can have their own adventure.  Then so can you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 406 26
You have been an orphan for as long as you can remember. You have always liked acting and alchemy. One day you meet a boy named Varian, who also like...
2.1K 99 14
What if Varian killed both of Rapunzel's parents? What if he isn't what he used to be? Just like the spin off series like Vat7k, Varian goes on a adv...
36.3K 1K 51
A Cassarian Story Varian always knew that he cared for Cassandra. But he didn't realize how much until she was gone. Six long years after Cassandra l...
1.2K 34 15
The is a sequel of 'Away from Old Corona'. Plot; Rapunzel got the Moonstone. She has taken her home castle and the Kingdom of Corona. It's up to Euge...