Lost Hero

By rowtro

After the wars, after all the people she lost, Percy was tired. She was done with the mythical world, all she... More

Authors Note (VERY important!)
First Day
Wayne Enterprises
Wayne Enterprises pt. 2
Work
Sparring
Injured
Dinner
Recovery
Highness
Party
Attack
Meetings
Pain
Superhero Shenanigans
Secrets
The Team
The Mountain
How do you think it's going so far?
Monsters
Team Bonding
Training
Talk
First Mission
Release
Secrets Revealed
Acceptance
Return
Vacation
Atlantis
Atlantis Pt. 2
Calm
Storm
Storm Pt.2
Dust
Peace
Thanks all!

Theif

7.6K 259 19
By rowtro

When Dick and Bruce finally made their way down to breakfast the next morning, they both seemed pretty peeved. But they were startled to see Percy's condition. Normally, she was wide awake and already on high alert. But her eyes were drooping and it seemed as if she was having a hard time moving her arms. Percy's condition quickly made them forget about their anger at letting the girl get away last night.

"Percy? Are you alright?" Dick asks, sitting down beside her.

She looks over at him and smiles and for once, it seems almost real.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep last night," She says, voice going distent.

His hackles raise, that was a bold-faced lie. But then again, did they really have any room to question her? But she was looking at Bruce with a calculating look on her face. She could obviously see the discomfort on his face.

"Percy, I know this might seem a bit odd, but how would you feel about undergoing a mental health assessment? I believe you would benefit from it and either Wayne Enterprises or I would cover the cost," Bruce says, startling all in the kitchen. Surprisingly, Percy starts laughing, bending over her food as she wheezes.

"Really? That's why you looked like you ate your shoe?" At her words, Bruce nods, looking even more unsettled by her reaction.

"Save your money, I'll tell you what my last doctor told me. ADHD, dyslexia, and PTSD. And no, before you ask, I'm not on any kinds of meds but I'm coping," She says, taking a giant bite of her pancakes.

Now Bruce looks like he ate both his shoes, Percy notices, smiling. She wasn't offended, despite what Bruce and Dick might have thought. It only made sense that they would like to know her mental condition, she was responsible in part for keeping them alive or his company and employees safe. She just didn't understand why she wasn't asked when she was first hired for both positions.

"And you're fine with telling us that? All we really wanted was to maybe get you some help," Bruce says, trying to sort out his spinning thoughts.

"Sure, it's not like it wouldn't like you wouldn't be able to figure that out eventually. I understand you want to make sure the person in charge of your safety has their head screwed on right. And thanks for the offer, but I'm good,"

Even though she was smiling, all three men could see that it didn't reach her eyes. But they were confused. They had her military records, only in for seven months but shipped off to war where she was captured and tortured for information, but the only medical records were that of her recovery and injuries she sustained besides the basics. The one psych eval she had afterward indicated that she was just fine, as far as the situation went. Which probably should have tipped them off, no one was fine after that much trauma. The kitchen seems to settle into an awkward silence after that.

"Oh, I feel like I should inform you that some of Master Dicks friends will be coming over today so do not be alarmed if there are more people in the mansion than expected when you return. Master Bruce has arranged for you to use one of his cars, assuming that you can drive of course," Alfred says, breaking the silence. They of course knew she had a driver's license but there shouldn't have been a way for them to know that.

"Oh, yeah I can," She clearly says before snorting in amusement and muttering something about goats and bad driving, leaving the occupants of the kitchen wondering what exactly she was talking about.

"Very good, here are the keys. I assume you can find your way to work? If not, please use the map on your phone. Gotham is not a place where you would like to get lost," Bruce says, handing over the keys to one of the more basic cars he owned. But when Dick saw the red tab on the keychain he panicked.

"Oh, I don't think she would like that car Bruce," He introjects, trying to backpedal the situation.

The car in question was chalked full of gear. It was used as one of the mobile armories. Guns, grappling hooks, smoke bombs, and battarangs galore. Ture, they were well hidden, but if for some reason Percy decided to rip the car apart, which they wouldn't put past her, she would quickly see that it wasn't a normal car.

Looking down at the keys in his hand, he pales when he sees the red tab. Now they were both looking at Percy as if they had seen a ghost. They look over to Alfred as if questioning how he could make such a mistake, preparing and giving her that car. He was simply washing the dishes, a calm look on his face.

"It's fine, I'm used to junk cars," She says, snatching the keys before they could object.

"Percy, you should get going, there's going to be heavier traffic today with the exhibit opening," Alfred says and she smiles.

"Thanks, I'll see you when I get back," She says, grabbing a piece of toast and running out of the kitchen.

"Alfred, do you have any clue what car you gave her?" Bruce asks, looking at the butler incredulously.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. Besides, it's the only suitable car we have available at the moment. We can't exactly give her a Porsche to drive to work, now can we?" Alfred asks, as cool as a cucumber.

Both Bruce and Dick seem like they are going to object before they shake their heads, deciding to trust Alfred's decision. It would raise some questions if a low-level security guard showed up in a luxury car one day. Someone might think something hinky was going on.

**********************************

That night when Percy returned back at the mansion, she was in good spirits. They had blueberries in the cafeteria. Thanks to Alfred's heads up, she wasn't surprised to hear conversation and laughter coming from one of the living rooms. Although, even if these people were safe according to Bruce, Alfred, and Dick, she wanted to get a good look at them and assess them herself.

Walking into the room, she saw a group of eight people sitting on the couch. She was somewhat surprised to see Kaldur with them. When she walks in, they all turn to look at her, allowing her to get a good look at them.

There was a tall, fit-looking Vietnamese girl with blonde hair, a girl with a short red pixy cut. There was a guy who looked like a younger superman, with dark black hair and blue eyes. Then there was a kid who looked kinda like Dick, although younger. Besides him was a much younger-looking kid, and when she looked at the redhead, something didn't seem quite right, as if he had a thin layer of mist around him. And then of course was Dick and Kaldur. She smiled at them, trying to be friendly.

"Oh, guys, this is Persephone Jackson. She's living as an in-house security guard. Percy, meet the team, Artemis-" Pointing at the blonde girl- "Megan, Conner, Tim, and Garfield. And you know Kaldur already," Dick says, going down the line.

"Nice to meet all of you," She says, smiling.

Her attention is brought away from the group of people when something catches her attention on the TV.

"Kat Grant on the ground here at Gotham Natural History Museum. Its opening night for the Ancient Greek artifacts that have newly arrived, including the Vase of Aphrodite, a new, one-of-a-kind find archeologists have just dug up in Northern Greece. Tonight will be the first time viewed in person by the public," Kat Grant is replaced by a picture of an ancient-looking vase with carved pictured of love depicted on it.

The team watches as the smile slides off Percy's face and she goes white, staring at the TV. They look back and forth between her and the TV, trying to figure out what exactly prompted the change in mood. Maybe she didn't like Kat Grant?

"I've got to go,"

The tone in her voice startles them, well everyone besides Dick and Kaldur, they were used to her wild mood swings. They were also used to them being triggered by odd things. Although it did make them wonder what exactly about the news story made her mood plummet. The rest of the team wasn't privy to the knowledge that this was normal for her. They watch as she leaves, feeling like they did something wrong.

"Was that our fault?" Megan asks, watching the doorway that Percy disappeared through.

"No, that was usual for her. It's fine, you didn't do anything wrong," Dick says, frowning at the TV as the news story continues on.

*******************************************

Upstairs, Percy was panicking. She knew when she looked at that vase that it shouldn't be anywhere near mortals. She didn't know exactly what importance that vase held, but she could practically see the godly power radiating off it. And since it seemed to have something to do with Aphrodite, it probably had something to do with love or jealousy. To be honest, she had a nagging feeling that it had to do with controlling others. It was one of the last things that should be around mortals.

Taking out a piece of paper, she scrawls a quick apology note and a short explanation, the least she could do for what she was about to do. Locking her door, she quickly visualizes her suit forming over her, and when she opens her eyes, her suit is in place along with her mask. On her feet is a solid pair of steel-toed combat boots, different from the black sneakers from the first time she wore the suit. She taps her toes on the ground and is satisfied when she hears the thunking.

Visualizing the shrubs beside the museum and feels herself dissolve, reforming with twigs and branches poking into her. She grumbles but at least no one could see her. Peaking out, she sees that she's hidden on the side of the museum. Looking in a window, she sees the packed gallery, and at the center of it was the vase on top of a pedestal, encased by the glass. She knew she was right then, literally feeling the power radiating off of it.

This is so gonna suck.

Collecting the water in the air, she condenses it into a giant ball, preparing for what she was going to do next. Sending it crashing into the window, shattering it. Once the water was inside, she expands it, turning it into a thick mist, obscuring everything. Screams echo and alarms sound. Then she makes her move, materializing next to the pedestal. Taking some of the water from the air, she shatters the glass case, increasing the number of alarms. Wrapping the vase in a casing of water she freezes it in an attempt to seal the magic the vase held. She moves it, leaving the paper in place. she dissolves, only leaving the piece of notepaper and message behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 8.1K 61
(before I begin this is my first story, and second all the art is mine created purely for this story) Persephone Jackson, or better known as Percy ha...
66.3K 2.1K 12
**Read book 1 first (The other Todd) Percy has finally found herself a new family, and it seems like everything will truly turn out fine. However. A...
955K 25.7K 73
Perseus Jackson is not a perfect hero, but a scarred, broken, and battle-hardened demigod, the only survivor of The Seven after the Last War. Blamin...
3.1K 158 32
What's Love with out Hate? Nothing but a dream... 14 year old Despair Heart has gone through more than anyone can imagine, her wounds not only emotio...