๐ƒ๐„๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐”๐Œ ( ๐™Ž๐˜พ๐˜ผ...

Av TrissyBear18

The complete opposites of one another meet during the beginning of the end and the end of the beginning for t... Mer

โ†ฌ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐‚๐‹๐€๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐‘ โ†ซ
โš˜๐ƒ๐„๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐”๐Œโš˜
๐ˆ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐€๐ง๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ! + ๐Š๐ก๐š๐ข๐ฅ
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–

3.8K 113 418
Av TrissyBear18

✾ϟ

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

"Welcome back, Lord Scaramouche."

My assistant bowed a little when he saw me step into my office. It didn't feel new at all being in here again. Nothing much changed since my last eight years of doing completely nothing.

I let out a heavy sigh, looking around to let it all sink in again. I began to think of the things I should start working with now that I've decided to come back. Now was the perfect time to do it and I should take that opportunity.

I nodded at my assistant and went towards my desk, staring down at it intently.

"Hallelujah!" The blue-haired idiot came in, laughing like a psycho. "Woah, I'm surprised it doesn't smell like rotting shit in here." He eyed the floor and ceiling, putting his hands on his hip.

I almost forgot he came along with me back here in Inazuma after that stupid meet-up arranged in Liyue because of Childe. Dottore said he wanted to stay here for a bit, so I let him. Pierro had already returned to Snezhnaya after that. I didn't feel like talking so I just flipped him off before going around my desk to sit down.

He only laughed and pulled a chair to sit in front of me, "Why aren't you talking? Come on, Balladeer, I haven't seen you for ages." He chuckled.

"You visited here last year, you dumbass." I rolled my eyes as I leaned back to relax for a bit. That bumpy ship certainly made me tired.

"I know," He took his mask off and rested his arms on the armrests. "Can I get some beer? Just a small glass," He told my assistant with a toothy smile.

"Yes, Lord Dottore." He nodded and left the room.

I glanced to my side before looking back at him to start a conversation, "How're your experiments going?"

"They're mostly fine but they're still not nearly perfect," He sounded disappointed, releasing a heavy sigh. "Enough about me. What about you?" He sat up to look at me properly.

"What about me?" I raised a brow.

"You seem like you're fine now to work with us again. So, how are you feeling?" He slightly raised his eyebrows, awaiting my response.

"Fine," I shrugged and crossed my arms. "I don't really know, to be honest," I added, making him nod and purse his lips.

I couldn't say I was completely fine yet, I still felt stuck in the past. It feels as if I'm lost and I tend to long for something I once had. It's the kind of longing I've felt for far too long.

Even so, I have to understand and clearly accept the fact that she's not coming back anymore. I've decided it was finally time to move forward. It's been decades, after all.

Still, if there's a chance, I'd still try to find her or at least see her again. But it was such a long time ago so I don't want that to occupy my mind right now. The gnosis is my goal now and nothing can change that.

"Well, that's good to hear, I'm sure you'll be okay." He nodded and gave me a small smile. "But why do you still choose to settle here? Didn't you end multiple bloodlines here before? And... that Hazuno clan." I looked down when he said that.

"For several reasons that aren't your fucking business," I sighed and got up to get something on the shelf.

"I guess that changed everything," He mumbled.

I tend to ask that question myself every time and to be clear, I never wanted to leave mainly because of the memories I had here with (Y/N). I've grown attached to the memories that I didn't want to forget. Also because... I was waiting for her here? It sounds almost stupid to think about that but would it hurt to dream of it?

Is there a chance that we could be together again without anything coming our way? Definitely not. That only happens in those silly fantasies. In my case, that's not entirely possible since I have sort of a selfish side if I'm being honest.

"Must have been tough," I heard him sigh. "I won't ask you further about it but just so you know, you shouldn't be suffering on your own, Balladeer." He looked over his shoulder at me.

My assistant came back with a glass of beer and handed it over to Dottore. He brought it to his nose to sniff it before taking a sip. "Ah, I also wanted to ask you about something." He put the glass down to look at me.

"What?" I took a book from the shelf and went back to my desk.

"How's the shop doing? In the city?" He drank from the glass again. "I'm sure that's also one of the reasons you're still here." He slightly tilted his head.

"Yeah," I huffed through my nose. "But it's doing fine, you're managing it, after all." I opened my drawer and grabbed a paper and ink so I can keep myself busy.

"You're welcome," He scoffed, finishing his glass. "I haven't been here for a while so I shall send over some fresh flowers next time," He declared and asked for another glass of beer.

Of course, that was also one of the reasons I'm still here. I own that shop but Dottore manages it. He helped me out a lot in the past and he was always there for me so I trust him enough to let him manage it while I wasn't around.

I looked back down on the empty paper and thought deeply of something to write. I don't even know what to start with yet but as long as it was an initial plan to obtain the gnosis. I shall send word to Pierro first, I might get an idea from him.

"What the hell were you even doing here for the last eight years of your absence anyway?" He looked around, making me raise my head up at him.

"Living? What else?" I crossed my arms and leaned back, slightly annoyed that he interrupted my train of thoughts.

"How? I mean, how do you even do nothing here for years?" He raised a brow. "Were you just.. sad and horny?" He let out a wheezy laugh but he immediately stopped himself.

"Shut the fuck up," I glared at him. He flinched at the sound of my palm hitting the top of my desk. "I wasn't-"

"Come on now, that's understandable, it's okay," He laughed and raised his hands. "I admit, I also get a boner when I'm in pain," He burped loudly and patted his stomach.

"Don't fucking involve me," I shook my head. "In all fucking honesty, I was just completely... sad, that's all." I sighed and placed the ink closer to my paper so I can finally write something.

"You're such an emo," He laughed a bit as my assistant came back with another glass of beer.

"Old rat," I muttered, rolling my eyes at him.

"I think I'll have the whole bottle. Can you bring it here? Oh, and bring another glass, please." He told him with a small smile, patting his shoulder before he leaves for the third time.

"You know? I just got back to work and I'm feeling sick already just seeing your fucking face," I said, clenching my jaw as he gasped at me.

"Excuse me?! You haven't seen this heavenly face since last year if I remember correctly and you're already rude as fuck to me," He dramatically pointed to his face. "I think I'm the one who's sick here," He crossed his arms.

"...What part of it is 'heavenly'?" I scoffed and leaned back. "You obviously don't own a mirror at all. Look at your face for once and I'm saying this in all seriousness." I laughed a little, dipping the quill in the ink.

"Why don't you take a look at your fucking haircut real quick, huh?" He moved his chair closer to my desk, making the desk shake a little which caused the ink to almost spill.

"You piece of shit," I moved the ink away before it spills. "At least mine's not unruly like a flock of birds didn't shit on my head. You look like you have not taken a bath for centuries," I glanced at his hair, making him gasp loudly.

"Oh come on, don't fucking do me like that." We both laughed as he brushed his hair with his fingers, "I just showered this morning."

I just shook my head dismissively and looked back down. "I'm going to start helping with the mission to get the electro gnosis." I confidently told him, sounding very sure about that.

His eyes slightly grew wide and he nodded slowly. "Well, that's great news! You know? The others also missed having you around, Balladeer. The headquarters felt empty without you suddenly storming in and bickering about everything."

"I rarely even go there," I chuckled. "It makes me want to fucking die whenever I'm there," I mumbled, dismissing the humiliating memories I had there.

"So," He began, looking down at his empty glass. "What do you want to do first?"

"I... don't really know yet," I pursed my lips. "But I could cause havoc here, if possible. We could get an advantage from that, right?"

Something inside me tells me that I shouldn't do that, so I was still unsure about what I had to do. Am I really ready to leave?

"It's fine, there's no rush, Balladeer." He sternly says, giving me a reassuring smile. "If that's the case, we shall talk about this further with... Signora." His face contorts into disgust when he mentioned her name.

"You're right about that." I sighed. I almost forgot Pierro told me that hag was assigned to the mission for the electro gnosis.

"I fucking hate Signora, she pisses me off so much." He groaned in annoyance, "When we were at a meeting, she fucking said I smelled like cat piss and I couldn't function for days because I was so traumatized." He rested his feet on the top side of the desk.

I can't disagree with her on that one.

"This is why her man is gone, but I'm not pulling that card on her." He let out a small laugh, "I'm a gentleman, after all." He cockily grinned.

"Don't fucking expect me to defend your dumbass when she hears that," I crossed my arms and chuckled, hissing to myself when I recalled the time when she was so furious.

"Aww, I thought we were best buddies!" He frowned and sobbed dramatically.

My assistant, who looked tired now, came back with the whole bottle Dottore asked for, along with another empty glass. I'm guessing that's for me. I do feel like taking a drink.

"A toast," He handed me the glass. "To a new beginning for you, Balladeer. Cheers!" We both raised our glasses for a moment before he swiftly finished the entire glass.

"Cheers," I nodded and drank mine. A new beginning, huh?

He released a sigh of satisfaction and poured more into his glass. "Damn, I suddenly want to get married." He said out of nowhere, putting his hands behind his head.

I finished my glass and looked at him confusingly, "You said that last year."

"But I'm serious this year," He gestured and chuckled. "Something tells me that this is the year I'm finally going to find someone, call it a hunch." He grinned as I almost laughed at what he said.

"I better not expect you to fucking say you want to get married next year again, I'm growing sick of it." I rolled my eyes and handed him my glass to have another drink.

"Just watch me, I might or might not get catfished by someone's decomposing grandma but I would still call it love." He laughed hysterically and poured the alcohol into my glass.

"You absolute fuck," I shook my head and looked down at my glass.

Ah, that so-called thing called 'marriage'. I used to think it was just a ridiculous pact, but who am I to talk?

"I was kidding, I'm not into that." He coughed and cleared his throat, "But all jokes aside, I really wish to find someone who I can spend a lot of time with. A kind of love that makes the whole world stop when you both lock eyes with each other..."

Would I have married (Y/N) if she was still here..?

"I know that doesn't seem possible right now because we're... the Fatui, but just dating would be nice, don't you agree, Balladeer?" He cleared his throat again, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, yeah..." I just nodded. I didn't really hear him clearly.

"What about you? I'm starting to feel bad that you're lonely and alone here for.. well, for a long ass time now." He sarcastically laughed. "You should come with me to Fontaine. There are a lot of women there, and who knows? You might find someone there." He winked, mumbling the last part.

"No, I'm good," I drank my glass and pursed my lips. I really don't have any interest in that right now, plus it's not important.

"Come on, think of it as.. moving on from the past, you know? But it's just my suggestion," He shrugged with his hands up.

"I don't need to find someone else just so I could fucking move on," I told him with certainty, pushing my empty glass to him.

"All right, then." He nodded and emptied the whole bottle to pour the remaining liquid into my glass. "You definitely have the looks and charms though, if I do say so myself. You can flirt and I admire that. Except for your attitude, that is. I understand why people despise you, and I believe you should fix that."

"Count your fucking days," I warned him.

"You'd probably be dating ten girls at once right now if you weren't so ill-mannered and emo as shit, and I would support you wholeheartedly." He let out a wheezy laugh, giving the empty bottle to my assistant. "I'll be the one delivering those silly love letters to all ten of them so you won't look suspicious." He let out breathy fits of laughter.

"You wouldn't be fucking alive to do that in the first place anyway," I rested my chin on my palm, finishing my glass.

"So, you're not denying the fact that you would date ten girls at once?" His eyebrows furrowed with a shocked look on his face. "Holy shit, I'm really your biggest fan! You're going to replace Childe's place." He laughed, putting his glass down.

"I didn't fucking say that." I huffed through my nose before getting up to look out the window just behind my desk.

The weather looked strangely great today, there were fewer clouds and the heat outside was moderate. It almost feels as if something good is going to happen.

"You haven't had a good pussy for decades. How do you even cope with that?" I heard him laugh hysterically, which suddenly ruined my mood.

"Do you want this day to be your fucking last?" I turned around and grimaced at him. This is the same shit he asks me over the past years.

"Um, yes, kind of." He kept laughing and stopped to breathe in an amount of air. "Look, I know I sound like I'm joking but I'm not." He placed his hand on his chest.

"I genuinely don't fucking care about that right now. I want to take things seriously now and focus on our mission." I plopped back down on my chair in exhaustion. "And you should too."

"Wow, that's peak character development." He whistled, making me scoff at what he said. "Hey, we're like... buddies, right? Real buddies? Real, real buddies?" He pointed at me and himself, back and forth. He looked visibly drunk now.

"No, we're not." I rolled my eyes and leaned back to look up at the ceiling.

"Damn, what were my yearly visits here then?" He rubbed his forehead. "Speaking of, does Childe visit you here as well?" He asked, making me look back at him.

"Yes, he does," I replied in a monotone.

"That kid is so out-going, huh?" He rested his chin on his palm, "I want to get thrown into the abyss as well. Maybe he got his charming looks there, I should ask him more about his experience there." He tapped his chin, looking down deep in thought.

"Low," I mumbled.

Ever since I took a leave of absence, Childe has been coming here every year, just as Dottore does. He would just ask how I am and tell me about random things that occurred. A few months ago, he was telling me about this sketchy man, who's apparently a consultant for some funeral parlor, but I didn't put much care into it.

"So," Dottore cleared his throat and fixed his posture, "I had this dream, uh.. just last night. This is new and not like my past dreams."

"I don't want to fucking h-"

The sound of the door opening stopped me as I saw my assistant walk in with a bunch of papers in his hands, which made me furrow my eyebrows.

"Just let me tell you this because it was beyond terrifying," He empathically said, exhaling deeply. "It was a very cold night..."

"What the fuck are those?" I squinted at each of the stacks of papers placed on top of my desk by my assistant.

"They are accounts requiring your signature, my lord." He explained, organizing them. "And these are the reports coming from the headquarters regarding your long absence." He smiled a little after he finished setting them all down.

Seeing towers of them almost made me sick to my stomach, and it practically obstructed my view in front of me. I suppose there's no way around that. After all, I haven't done anything in decades.

"I was laying on my bed, like how I sleep every night. Nothing happened for almost an hour until I felt like something was falling." Dottore peered his head above the towers of papers.

I didn't listen to him and just scanned the shitload of paperwork I'm going to do. I already know he's going to tell me about one of those weird dreams he had. He's been telling me almost everything every time he visits here.

"It was one of the fucking ruin guards I was recently working on," He dramatically gasped. "It was falling from the heavens and landed on me, ass first. I was squirming so much and I was pondering about how that fucking thing appeared out of nowhere..."

"Where are these from?" I glanced at my assistant when I saw a bunch of decorated envelopes to my side.

"Hm," He stepped closer to see them. "They must be invitations. Meetings and parties, according to what I have heard. Despite the fact that the majority of them date back several years. What shall I do with them, my lord?" He gathered all of them before turning to me.

"Dispose of them. They will just be unnecessary to keep here." I gave him a dismissive wave before looking back at what I was reading. I could already feel my eyes getting strained, so I blinked repeatedly.

"It started straddling me, humping me like I was the last horse on Teyvat!" He started making horse sounds, spreading his arms dramatically like a crazy bastard. "Then it crushed me to death." He added in a monotone with a hint of disappointment.

"With that sickening thing called your brain, it's unbelievable how you naturally experience those fucking kinds of dreams." I scoffed, not taking my eyes off the paper I'm reading.

"So, what was your favorite part of it?" He grinned, leaning over my desk to look at me.

"The part where you died," I glanced up at him.

"Damn," He muttered, turning his back on me. "But isn't it a weird coincidence? What if it actually happens to me soon? Aren't dreams bound to happen in real life? I mean, there's a possibility, right?"

"Just keep your mouth shut," I gritted my teeth when he interrupted me while I was reading. "You tell me almost the same fucking dream every time you come here," I stopped reading to scowl at him.

"Come on, my dreams last time were worse. It was really different this time!" He laughed and sat back down. "Oh, have I ever told you about my side chick?" He changed the topic, making me furrow my eyebrows since that was very uncalled for.

"You don't even have a main chick, to begin with," I picked up the quill again and decided to send word to Pierro instead. I can do my paperwork tomorrow.

"Oh, shut up." He sighed. "We're... in this secret relationship and she's really nice," He described with a weird smile on his face.

"Tell me why I should give a fuck about one of your side chicks?" I squinted at him before looking back down at the empty paper.

"Don't be rude, come on." He chuckled a little. "Her name's... Candice."

I just ignored him and started writing. I was also in the middle of debating in mind if I should return to that location one last time because the weather seemed nice today. Once I wrote down everything I had in mind, I folded it and slipped it into an envelope.

"You don't want to know who Candice is?" He stifled a laugh while I called for my assistant.

"No," I pressed the bridge of my nose and stood up.

"I heard she has some friends that might be your type," I could notice him trying his best not to laugh. "Just ask me about Candice, come on." He nodded his head.

"No, just shut the fuck up." I groaned in annoyance and glanced at the door.

"Please," He pleaded and leaned closer to my desk. "After you ask me, I promise I'll stop being annoying. Cross my heart." He gestured.

"No," I sternly said this time.

"Just ask me who Candice is," He frowned a little in an attempt to persuade me.

"...No."

"Please."

"No, I'm getting sick of your shit."

"Please?"

I ignored him and held up the envelope when I heard footsteps coming.

"...Who the fuck is Candice?" I sighed in defeat as his lips curled up in a smile.

"Can this di-"

"Yes, Lord Harbinger?" My assistant walked in and stood at the side of my desk when Dottore almost fell off his seat, laughing like he had just gotten out of a mental hospital.

"Send this to Pierro," I handed him the envelope and sat back down. "I'll be expecting his response within the week."

"Yes, my lord." He nodded and turned around to leave.

My gaze went back to the toothpaste-haired fuck who was still laughing his ass off. "Are you fucking done?" I boredly leaned back.

He stopped laughing to breathe and his face suddenly turned into shock as if he remembered something. "Fuck, I just remembered something really important to tell you!" He blurted out and fixed his posture to sit up properly.

"It better be," I crossed my arms. I was almost praying that it was really something important this time.

"Remember that.. weapon we were working on a long time ago?" He glanced up to think. "It was decades ago, actually."

It took me a moment to answer since I was trying to remember it. "Yes, I remember."

"It's in Sumeru right now and guess what?" He stood up and tapped his fingers on my desk. "There was an auction for it last month and it's finally been sold! It's all thanks to you, Balladeer." He spread his arms in excitement.

"Oh," I nodded slowly, "I didn't really do anything. That was all you, Dottore."

"Oh come on now, you're the one who went out on a journey in Liyue to get the materials needed, so you also played a part in it." He pointed at me and at himself, "And I was the one who merged it."

"Yeah," I looked down when I remembered everything about that.

That was the main reason I was in Liyue at that time and then I met (Y/N), who was just wandering around the place to collect mere flowers. Even after I had finished my job there, I would constantly go back to make sure she was okay because she said she didn't want to return to Inazuma.

A day hadn't passed by where I constantly wished she was still here.

"Now, I want you to guess how much we made from it." He put his hands behind him and smiled at me like an idiot.

"Hm," I cleared my throat and sat up properly to think. "One mora," I smirked at him.

"Don't give me that bullshit," He sighed, pacing around the room. "Higher."

"Five hundred thousand," I said, making him turn his head to me as if he expected me to say more.

"Higher than that," He stopped in front of my desk, crossing his arms.

"One.. million?" I questioned.

"Nope," He grinned and softly chuckled. "Not just one million... Or two... Or three."

"At this point, I'm going to fucking think you're lying." I scoffed, leaning to my side.

"I'll show you the check if you guess correctly," He gave me a challenging smirk.

"So, it's four million mora..?" I raised a brow, waiting to see if that was right.

"Come on, you're close." He grinned, placing his hand on top of my desk.

"Five million?" My eyes grew wide when he nodded. "Son of a bitch," I mumbled.

"That's right! Five million, baby! Thanks to this genius brain of mine," He proudly smirked, tapping the side of his head. "If I remember correctly, I'll receive the check tomorrow."

"Are you dead serious?" I asked just to make sure.

"Yes, I swear on Arlecchino's ancient left nut." He stifled a laugh, "Don't tell him I said that about his left nut. I've seen it too, actually. It was... something."

"I don't believe you, not until I see it before my eyes," I said in a monotone, shaking my head.

"I actually wish I was joking around, but we're really receiving five million mora from that big baby." He laughed, sitting back down. "What's wrong? You don't seem satisfied." He observed my face.

"No, it's fine." I stuttered and averted his gaze. "It's just-"

"Let me guess, you don't care much about the mora," He cut me off. "I can read you like a book, Balladeer. Come on, you deserve it too." He grinned.

"Something like that," I reluctantly nodded. "But that's really great, you can.. keep the mora though." I huffed through my nose and got up from my seat.

He leaned against my desk, "Well, you're already rich as hell. I also came here to tell you that I'm planning to celebrate because of it. Do you think you can come?"

"Why the hell are you asking me?" I raised a brow and began fixing my loose arm glove.

"Well, it's a big deal and you're obviously invited. I'm also inviting the others," He tilted his head to think. "Fontaine sounds good, don't you think?"

I stopped to look at him, "Fontaine?! Are you fucking kidding me? I'm not going there." I groaned, putting my hat on.

"Balladeer, you can't just stay here forever. You should come to visit other places other than here." He stepped closer to me.

"I'm not going there," I rolled my eyes at him and went back to my desk.

"Come on, I would really appreciate it if you go. I bet the others also want to see you after so many years," He sighed heavily.

"I have much to do, Dottore. I have no time for that." I told him and opened my drawers to find my pouch.

"I'm trying to help you," I heard him scoff. "I mean, you rarely even go out anymore, so I highly suggest that you.. touch some grass and smell the fresh breeze or something. You're like a vampire... or an insane prisoner... or just someone who hasn't seen the light in so many years." He remarked, so I stood back up to glare at him.

"Well, you're fucking wrong about that." I leaned over my desk and glanced around to notice my pouch is missing. "I don't just stay in here like a locked up prisoner or some shit. I take evening strolls around here."

"Nonetheless, you should still go." He gave me a convincing grin. "Wear something formal. Capitano owns one of the most famous theatre halls there, so we're doing it there."

"I don't have anything formal to wear," I crossed my arms. 'Except that fucking suit from our first day,' I said in my mind.

"Then I shall find a flashy tuxedo for you or a new suit. What do you say?" He proudly grinned, anticipating my response. "Oh, I know your size, so that won't be a problem."

"I am not wearing that crusty shit," I sternly said, putting my hand over my mouth to try to remember where I left my pouch.

"There will be a performance and people there are properly dressed, we're not going there looking like this," He gestured. "Come on, it'll be fun!" He went around the desk to throw his arm over my shoulder.

"Get the hell off me," I groaned and pushed his arm off me to prepare to leave.

"Damn, my stomach hurts all of a sudden... I ate a lot in the pavilion." He mumbled, walking unsteadily to go around the desk.

I began to think that maybe I left it back in Liyue, in that pavilion, since that was the last place I was at. Or it could be on the ship. I don't know, but I was planning to go back there anyway.

"Can you do those for me?" I asked Dottore, referring to the pile of paperwork sitting on top of my desk.

"Why? Where are you going?" He gave me a baffled look.

"The harbor. I left something." I explained, walking to the door.

"You're going back there? I was just about to take a fat shit and you're making me do these in one sitting?!" He grumpily huffed, "I don't even know what to write here. Come on, I feel like I'm on life support!"

"They're just information from us. You can do that, right?" I looked at the small mirror on the wall to fix my hair. "I'll be back."

I heard him scoff, "Coming from the fellow who told me to take my job seriously." He mimicked the way I said it earlier.

"Stick it up your ass," I rolled my eyes before I opened the door.

"You bastard, I really need to shit!" He whimpered, hopping repeatedly on his spot in an uneasy way. "I think I ate too much of that crab meat, but it was so fucking good. Still, my ass feels like a cannon and it's about to fucking explode!"

"And whose fault is that?" I told him before taking my leave.

I went back to the ship we used to depart from back here and told one of the sailors that I wanted to go back to Liyue. I had decided to go back to the place where we first met, for the last time, perhaps.

Once I arrived, I went to that place first when I had the feeling that they probably found my pouch just sitting around there. So, going to the shoal was my first concern.

I held my hat in place when the strong wind blew towards me as I looked in front of me to see the glistening ocean waves washing over the dry sand. I sat on a rock nearby and stared at the ocean in front of me.

It's been decades since the last time I went here and it feels like a weight in my chest vanished. Maybe it was finally time to move forward and let go of the past.

"...I love you," I whispered. "I still do and I can't seem to stop," I laughed a bit and looked down when I realized that sounded almost stupid.

I didn't even get to say those words to her when she was still here. I may sound like an idiot, but I hope Celestia will allow us to meet paths once more.

When we first met, I never knew she was going to be this important. It gave me a weird and unsettling feeling.

Even though everything happened already, I'm still here. Waiting. Although I'm still holding on to our promise, I don't know whether to wait or to forget. Eternity, reincarnation, and ever-lasting love. Do such things exist?

I've never met someone like her before, maybe that's why I was still longing. I never understood why. Even though I've spent my life avoiding love, I was still drawn to it because of her. It was then I realized I'd never be the same.

I know that this is my fault. I swear I'd change things if I could go back in time. But I know it's pointless because she'll never return.

It's a shame I met her at the worst time... And I loved her too late.

I stood up and took a short walk along the beach, trying not to tear up as I reflected on our time together. Until I eventually decided to get my pouch and head to the harbor.

I'm guessing Childe's still here since he told us that he would meet other people before he leaves. The harbor was still packed so it was a little tiresome to go around just to get to the pavilion.

When I saw a path with fewer people, though there were food stalls, I still made my way there. I could already see the door to the pavilion, so my eyes were focused there. I wasn't really looking in front of me, so I bumped into someone, their face meeting with my chest.

It was a girl. I noticed her jolt away quickly and looked away so as not to look suspicious, "O-Oh, I'm sor-"

"Watch where you're fucking going, dumbass," I muttered and lifted my hat to glare at her, but my eyes instantly grew wide when I looked at her.

I couldn't move and I was just staring at her. It felt like the whole world stopped. I couldn't hear anything. I felt like I had stared at those eyes before. Neither of us looked away from each other.

It was a little weird. No, it's definitely weird.

"Um, a-are you okay, sir?" She asked, looking at me head to toe.

I didn't answer her. I was just staring at her as my eyebrows slowly met. That went on for minutes until she opened her mouth to talk again.

"Who ar-"

"(Y/N)."

My eyes darted to the tall man with black hair and amber eyes. He must be that sketchy man Childe was talking about. So, that's the Rex Lapis, huh?

"What is your business here?" He sternly asked me. Did he recognize me?

I sighed and lowered my hat, "Nothing, that's fucking what." I muttered under my breath and turned my heel to walk away.

When I was meters away from them, I stopped in front of the pavilion to take a deep breath. Did I hear that right? Did he just call her... (Y/N)?

I went inside and immediately looked for my pouch. I had to leave before I see that girl again. When one of the employees came into my sight, I asked if they saw a pouch around here, and they did.

While I was waiting for them to get it, I noticed a table that looked occupied just a moment ago. "Were there people here?" I asked, referring to that table.

"Yes, they were getting loud so we had to make them leave for the sake of our business." The manager chuckled.

"Do you know their names?" I crossed my arms, remembering that girl was coming from the direction of the pavilion, so I'm guessing she was here a while ago.

"I do know the person who reserved it, his name was... Childe, yes." He rubbed his chin in delight when he remembered. "(Y/N) was also here.. and a tall man." He added, making my eyes grow wide.

So, Childe was still here to meet other people? Including that girl?

After receiving my pouch, I immediately left to go back to Inazuma. I spoke to Dottore about it, but obviously, I gained nothing from his dumbass, and it just made me feel worse.

"Even so, I still need that second chance. I can't let her go again." I mumbled the last part to myself.

"Maybe it's just a coincidence that they have the same names..?" He questioned, "Don't you think there is also a big possibility it's not her?" He put the pen down and looked at me.

"I'm not fucking stupid. Of course, I know that." I let out an exasperated sigh, crossing my arms. "And that also means there is a big possibility that it is her."

"So..." He shrugged, "What are you going to do? Let's assume it is her then."

"Shit," I cursed to myself when I remembered I had already sent a letter to Pierro. It was too late already.

"I don't.. know," I mumbled in a monotone.

"You don't know?" He repeated.

"I don't know," I utterly said. "When she saw me, she didn't recognize me.. at all. She doesn't know who I am." I looked down, remembering her words and expression earlier.

"So, I'm probably right that it's possibly not her." He rested his feet on top of the desk. "A mere coincidence if that's what you call it."

"You might be wrong..." I mumbled to myself.

I'm not just going to assume it's not her. I mean, we stood there for twenty fucking seconds and that's it, so I can't be sure of that yet. Perhaps we could meet again? But she's in Liyue, would that be too... obvious?

"You better not go through another decade of that so-called emo pha-"

"Would you want to return to Sumeru with a broken arm?" I seethed, scowling at him.

"Gladly," He smiled brightly, clasping his hands on his lap. "Never mind, that sounded concerning. I think I'm sick in the head."

"No, you're definitely sick in the head." I corrected him.

I returned to my seat and exhaled deeply, feeling my head start to ache. That couldn't be her.. right? But what if it's really her?

I'll just have to wait and see how things go. I can't do anything now that I've utterly decided to do things according to plan. Perhaps I could do things according to my plan.

"So," He cleared his throat to catch my attention again. "You're still going to Fontaine with me, right?"

"No," I immediately answered, getting the papers I was going to do to ease my mind.

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

24.8K 593 42
You are a traveler, traveling through distant lands, seeking for every new adventure that encounters your path. Until one day, when you meet him... T...
20.7K 783 14
โ i hope i never lose you, hope it never ends. i'd never walk cornelia street again.โž modern!au it was bad for him, for you, for the both of you. you...
37K 1.4K 29
โ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ...โž ๐™พ๐š๐™ธ๐™ถ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ฐ๐™ป PLEASE GO READ THE REWRITE ON MY PROFILE!!!! Cover credits: @ IllaOhara on Twitter Scaramouch...
47.3K 1.5K 40
"...im not gonna lie, that was pretty cringe." What happens when an impulsive but also immature person gets chucked into a game that they're in love...