The Bumping Accident

By Flash2497

Megan woods is a 24 year old millionaire. She owns one of the biggest clubs in town. She has a close circle o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
For you, Anything

Chapter 8

31.4K 1.1K 185
By Flash2497

Avery's POV

It's about 7:00pm right now and I'm starting to get ready for the event. A certain women keeps crossing my mind. At first glance you would think her eyes are black but when you look closely the outline is black but the inside is dark brown.

When she bumped into me I was annoyed. I hate when people don't look at where they are going.

I was shocked when she walked into the meeting room. Her outfit was so casual. It's weird honestly because the other times I've seen her she was very well dressed but that day it looked like someone had dragged her out of bed.

There's something about her. The way she interacts with my daughter makes my heart melt. She's always so calm. Her voice is always so relaxing. I'm not sure if she even realized it or not but when she was trying to comfort me about driving her car she called me cute eyes. That simple gesture made my heart feel like it's going to explode.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear my bedroom door opening.

"When are you gonna be home?" My mom asks me as she walks in.

"Not sure mom hopefully it won't take that long." She nods and sit down on the bed.

"Is Olivia taking a nap?"

"Yeah I just put her down."

"So what's up with you and Megan?" She questions. I turn around from the mirror where I'm doing my makeup and look at her.

"What do you mean? We're just working together."

"Nothing she just seems like a really nice person and she seems to like you plus I think she might be rich."

"She doesn't like me mom and of course she's rich her parents are big deals and they probably pay her a lot."

"Who in their right mind gives their Porsche to someone else to drive, she definitely likes you." She totally ignored the part where I told her why she might be rich. She chooses what to listen to and what not to.

"She was just being kind mom."

"Whatever you say honey." She takes a deep breath. "Avery you know that whatever happened wasn't your fault you're allowed to love again."

"I know it's just hard sometimes, I think I'm over it but other times it feels like it was just yesterday."

"Honey, come here." She says and opens her arms to hug me.

"I love you don't ever forget that and I'm always here for you."

"I love you too mom."

After talking for a bit more she leaves and I start to put my dress on it's about 8:15pm. Megan should be here soon.

I'm wearing an off shoulder red dress that comes down to my knees. I'm matching it off with red heels.

I take my purse and my phone and make sure I have everything before I go out of my room. I play with Olivia until I hear the door. My mom opens the door and the second Olivia hears Megan's voice she jumps up from my lap and runs towards the door.

"Mevg mevg, you came bak."

"Hey sweetie, of course I did and look at what I brought you."

I look behind her to see a big teddy bear. Olivia starts squealing and grabs the teddy bear with my moms help and runs to the living room.

"You didn't have to get her anything."

"I wanted to, her smile makes it worth it."

I nod and take a look at her. She's wearing a black solid lapel collar blazer & tailored pants with black heels. We're both staring at each and I quickly clear my throat so I can snap out of it.

"You look really beautiful." She says with a smile.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself."

"Are you ready to go?" She asks.

"Yeah let's go."

I say a quick bye to my mom and Olivia and we're out the door.

She's driving her Porsche again, she opens the car door for me and helps me get inside. Then she gets in and we're on our way to the event.

"Is this the only car you have?" I break the silence after about 5 minutes.

"No I have another one, I don't actually drive the Porsche around that much." I nod.

I look over at her and she's focused on the road she's driving with her left hand and her right hand is sitting on her lap.

"So what do you do at your company?" She questions me and glances at me for a few seconds.

"Well the guy that was with me at the meeting other than being my lawyer he's actually one of my best friends and his dad runs the company and we work for him. We handle everything like financial stuff, advertisements, opening new businesses, basically whatever is asked of us."

"That's cool and I see that you have a lawyer as a best friend too I can relate to that they come in handy." She chuckles and I can't help but also laugh.

"They sure do, what about you what do you do?"

"I umm do a lot of stuff." I frown at her vague answer but don't say anything else.

The rest of the car ride is in silence and we finally arrive. She parks all the way in the back which I have no idea why since there were parking spots in the front but I don't say anything. We get inside and the place is packed. There is a lot of people here.

"Megan" we hear someone say. I turn around to look at three women walking towards us.

"Oh god it's too soon." Megan mumbles, I have no idea what she means by that.

"Avery I'm so sorry whatever they say please ignore them."

Before I can respond the three of them reach us.

"Megan why don't you introduce us."

"Avery, these are my best friends Harper, lily, and, courtney."

Courtney is the tallest one in the group she's a brunette while Harper and lily are blondes and are about the same height.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, we have heard great things about you." The women that I know now as Courtney says.

"It's nice to meet you too."

"Megan here can't shut up about..." lily gets cut off by Megan hitting her shoulder.

I'm about to say something but I hear another voice calling Megan and coming towards us.

"Megan, honey you made it." Mr.Woods says as he approaches us.

I can quickly tell the atmosphere changed. Megan's hands are in a fist and her three best friends are clenching their jaws.

"Father, the event looks great as usual." Megan says.

Mr.Woods goes to give Megan a hug and she's so stiff throughout the whole thing. Harper looks like she's about to jump on him.

"Oh honey don't be so formal this is not a business meaning." Although he's saying that with a smile on his face it sounded a little bit like a warning or a threat.

Before Megan could reply an older women that looks like Megan comes from behind Mr.Woods.

"Mom???" Megan looks surprised but her eyes soften.

"What are you doing here?"

"Hey sweetie, I'm here to support your dad with the event. It's the first event that we have hosted since announcing that we are opening a new school."

Before her mom can say anything else Megan quickly hugs her and let's out a deep breath. I can see that lily, Harper and courtney have calmed down now.

Their hug lasts long like they haven't seen each other in months. They part away and look at each other for a second before Megan steps back. Then her parents excuse themselves and leave.

I look at Megan she's not making eye contact but it looks like she's going to cry.

"Excuse me for a second I'm gonna go use the bathroom." She then turns around and looks at her three best friends who are looking at her in worry.

"Take care of her." They nod and she leaves.

I'm starting to think there's much more to this family than meets the eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 10.3K 32
It's hard to be a mother. Especially a single mother. It's been almost ten years now that Alex is struggling to raise her kids alone and be true to...
1.9M 54.4K 46
(Gal Gadot) (gxg) Amara Jones is a 19 year old girl. She loves studying and is very innocent. One day, she went and visit Gal Gadot, the owner and t...
91K 5.1K 22
Carter Woods has everything she could possibly ask for. She grew up in a loving home with loving parents but she feels like something is missing. She...
80.8K 4.3K 38
After ten years in an arranged marriage that she'd regretted agreeing to from the beginning, Kenley Hayes finally got her husband to agree to a divor...