When The Storm Hits

By officiallykendriaaa

Kaylani and Rodney have been besties since they were kids. They've been through a lot together and swore to b... More

characters.
ONE.
TWO.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.

THREE.

37 4 12
By officiallykendriaaa

Kaylani Aurora Hill.

"can you believe tomorrow is our first day as seniors?!" i said to rodney on the phone.

"nah man, we were just in 6th grade." he said chuckling. "make sure you put that shit on tomorrow."

"oh, imma do that anyway. make sure YOU put that shit on the hell." i snapped jokingly.

"you already know i'm mr.put it on."

"you mr. take it off." i snickered.

"you know what- bye." he said hanging up.

"rude." i said laughing.

Shaun🤞🏾

i love you bestie!😭

girl fuck you😒

i was playingggg, you dress nice. sometimes .

go play in traffic bastard.

only if you come with.

bet, let's see who can dodge the most cars😂. but i'm about to go do the dishes i'll talk to you later.

: lmaooo. and okay ttyl.
Delivered.

sighing i put my phone on the charger and turned on the tv going to netflix to watch ozark.

(author note: TEAM MARTY ALL DAY. everybody else can really die.)

————————————

as i was finishing up the episode, i heard my phone ding. i grabbed my phone and seen it was a message from niyah.

niyah (outback).

hey girl, you ready for school tmr?

yes and no. i have my outfit but, idk what to with my hair🙄.

oh ik how to do hair i can come over and do it.

can you do wigs? because i have a black wig i never wore it.

yes ma'ammmmm. i love doing wigs more than braids too 😁.

bet, it's only 1:30 so when can you come over?

i can come now. i need to go to the beauty supply store and get a wig cap first.

okay, i'll send you my address. text me when you're outside.

alr.

*sends address*
Read 1:34 p.m.

getting out of bed, i made my way to my moms room and knocked on the door.

"what lani!" i heard her say.

opening in the door i stale faced her. "you don't love me no more?"

"girl what?" she said chuckling.

"wHaT lAnI" i mocked her. "you act like i'm
bothering you."

"girl, bye. i thought you was gone ask me to buy some you something. what you want?"

"my friend is coming over to do my hair and i just came to tell you."

"friend? shaun don't know how to do hair." she said confused.

bussing out laughing i said "ma, not shaun. my friend niyah."

"since when? where you met her at?"

"well i wouldn't really call her my friend just yet, i know her from school. when i was at outback with rodney she was our waitress and we exchanged numbers."

"oh. well that's fine just make sure the living room is clean."

"it's only us to ma, the living room is always clean."

"girl get out my room tryna be smart."

"love you" i said walking out. then i turned around and popped my head back in her room.

"what lani?" she asked with a stank face.

"you didn't say it back mother." i stale faced her.

"oops, i love you kaylani." she said blowing a kiss.

"oh ok." i caught her kiss and threw it in the trash can by her door.

"girl you so extra." she said laughing.

"the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." i winked going back to my room and cleaning up a little.

————————————

"HEY GIRL!" niyah said excitingly as soon as i opened the front door.

"hey!" i said chuckling "why you so happy?"

"girl you just don't know how much i love doing hair. i can't wait to own a shop."

"ou, i can't wait too. you should let me help decorate. i love decorating."

"the way this house looking, you sure can." she said following me upstairs to my room.

"okay you can put all your hair stuff on my dresser, let me go get a chair from downstairs. you want anything to drink?" i asked opening my room door.

"a glass of your finest vodka will do." she smiled.

"girl bye." i waved her off and we both busted out laughing.

"i'm just playing, you can get me a bottle of water." she said.

"bet, i'll be right back."

i went downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed her a water bottle. then, grabbed the chair and made my way up the stairs struggling. by the time i made it to my room i was out of breathe and niyah was laughing.

(author note: FUCK A BREAF)

"i don't know why you laughing." i staled faced her. "this chair bout as tall as me."

"it really is and than you breathing like precious after she ran with that bucket of chicken." she said dying laughing.

"ha ha ha. i'm gone kick you out." i said laughing a little.

"my bad sis, it's all love."

"mhm, let's get started on this head of mine."

"you right it's kinda big too."

"gir- i'm just playing kaylani." she cut me off.

"no you not because it is." i said laughing. "and you can call me lani girl."

"alright and you said it not me. but fr let me start."

after, she braided my hair down and put the wig cap on i got a call from rodney.

——————————————
Rodney Deshaun Jackson.

"wassu- why the hell you look like lil bill." i said dying laughing. "let me show you what you look like bruh, check ur messages."

mylani💕

Read 2:13 p.m.

"mmcht shaun i'm not finna do this with you. i'm getting my hair done." lani said.

"girl , who's that?" i heard a girl say.

"oh, my bestfriend rodney. the one from the restaurant." lani said. that must be the waitress that she knew, niyah i believe.

"ohhh, hey rodney!" she said.

"heyyy..?"

"niyah." she said.

"hey niyah. you getting my bestfriend right?" i asked.

"of course, you'll see when i'm done."

"shaun what you call me for?" lani asked.

"i can't just call my bestfriend? the hell." i scrunched up my eyebrows.

"you can."

"well that's what i'm doing. i just wanted to see what you doing. i wanna hop on gta, but you busy."

"we can still play. i'm just not going to be able to put the head set on. we can just stay on the phone." she said.

"alright, turn your playstation on. i'm already online."

"ok, let me get my controller."

———————————————

"SHAUNNNNNN, they shooting at me where you attttt?!?!" i heard lani shout.

"i'm coming, i had to go to my garage." i said chuckling.

"no, you left me for dead."

"these gta nîggas always ganging up on me."

"yeah, til they hear you a girl and wanna invite you to see all they cars." i said laughing.

"right, like boy don't nobody wanna see your garage." she said laughing too.

"you hair still not done?" i asked.

"she almost done, don't rush greatness." niyah said popping up in the camera.

"bestfriend next time let's not let animals do your hair."

lani started laughing and then the phone just hung up. i called back and she answered.

"now why did that animal hang up on me." i stale faced the phone.

niyah snatched the phone out her hand "boy you gone leave me the hell alone."

"my bad, my bad. i'm not gone bother you no more give caillou back the phone."

"shaun leave me alone. i'm about to get off the game and watch some netflix."

"alright, im tired anyway. finna take a nap. y'all wanna get some wing stop when i wake up?"

"YES!" i heard niyah say.

"yeah, i'll call you when we ready." lani said.

"niyah you a fat ass too? and ight." i said chuckling.

"leave me alone. i love food." she said frowning.

"me too. you still a fat ass."

"hang up on him before i do it." she said said.

"y'all funny." lani said chuckling. "i'll call you shaun, bye."

"bye." i said hanging up. i put my phone on the charger, turned off my playstation, and went straight to sleep.

———————————————

i woke up to somebody shaking my shoulder hard as hell. I get up rubbing my eyes seeing my mama.

"shaun, lani just called me and told me to wake you up. she said you not answering the phone."

"damn, we supposed to be going to wing stop. what time is it?" i asked.

"4:28. and brush ur teeth, your breathe is kicking." she scrunched up her face.

"my breathe not even that bad." i said covering my mouth and blowing out so i could smell it. "oh nahhh, never mind."

"exactly. the nerve."

"bye ma." i said getting up going into my bathroom.

"bye, and don't stay out late. you got school tomorrow."

"alright."

i took care of my hygiene and walked out the bathroom going to my closet. i put a fit on and called lani back.

"finally, your mom woke you up?" lani said.

"well hello to you to. and yeah, damn near broke my shoulder."

"hahahahahaha" lani and niyah laughed.

"it's not even that funny.."

"boy , bye. you ready? i'm getting in the car right now."

"yeah, i'm going downstairs now. get in the camera let me see your hair."

"alright." she said getting in the camera showing her hair.

"awww shittt , my bestfriend looking like a bad bitch. lil ain't got shit on you." i said hyping her up.

"stop calling me lil bill." she stale faced me.

"but you really did look like lil bill. you still do, let me show you."

"bye, shaun. i'm almost there." she said hanging up.

mylani💕

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

FUCK YOU😭!
i'm outside.

ight😭😭.
Delivered.

"ma , lani outside im leaving!" i shouted.

"okay bye, remember you got school tomorrow! love you!" she said from upstairs.

"okay, love you too!" i said grabbing my keys and making my way out the door. I walked to lani car and seen niyah in the front seat.

"oh nah, this my seat you gone have to head to the back."

"call me rosa parks cause im not getting up." niyah spat.

"OMGGGG rosa parks????? you going to hell." lani said laughing.

"that wasn't even funny." i stale faced her. "she look as old as rosa parks too. i'll let grandma stay in the front." i said getting in the back seat.

"boy bye, this black don't crack." niyah said flipping her hair.

"keep your lice in the front seat."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA" lani laughed.

"lani!" me and niyah said at the same time.

"what ? the hell." she asked with her face screwed up.

"it don't ever be that funny." i said.

"foreal." niyah said.

"shut up, let me start driving." she said backing out of my drive way.

"don't know why we was still sitting here anyways." i mumbled.

"hannnn saweetie?" she said.

"nothing."

"oh okay." she said turning on the radio.

—————————————

after wingstop we got some ice cream and lani took me home. i laid out my clothes for school, cause i gotta be fresh. i got my hair cut saturday, so i was ready for school. i put on a movie and laid down til i fell asleep.

—————————————-

okay, school starts tomorrow for lani and shaun.

i like this chapter and i made it longer. took me bout two days😂.

VOTE

thoughts?💭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

760 92 20
Bryan and Justin were best friends since they were 5 years old. Bryan came from the rough side of the Bronx, a talented, handsome, masculine footba...
447K 7.5K 41
Gabriella and Greyson It was always all about them from the beginning. Both in high-school, Grey is the most popular boy in school. Of course with...
3.3K 67 14
BWWM story Shantel and Jordan are best friends who were always together growing up. When in high school they start to realize they think they wanted...
8.4K 242 20
⊙ Welcome to a web of secrets, lies, betrayal and sex. ⊙ Now, he towered over me, his presence commanding and imposing. "Stand up," he ordered, his d...