Holding On

By jennanidz

A Falling Novella Both Dante and Amelia fell in love in in the story "Falling". Now around a year of time has... More

Welcome Back
Character Aesthetics
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
The Final Epilogue

Nine

21.2K 654 196
By jennanidz

"You said WHAT?" Tatum's voice screeched through the phone.

I pull my phone away to lessen the volume of her voice. Maybe telling her I asked Dante to finally marry me mid day during my lunch wasn't the best plan.

Oh well.

"I mean we've been waiting and just taking our time but I just, I'm done waiting." I shuffled to my desk to take a seat. "He was waiting for me to be ready after everything that happened. And now... I'm ready."

We talked about getting married soon after our engagement and Dante thought we should wait and take our time. He didn't want to put stress on me after the court hearing but enough is enough. We're beyond ready.

"No I get that. But randomly after your coffee date with Catie? Nothing a little more romantic?" She jokes.

The city bustles below me and I watch the cars drive by and people move aimlessly below. I love to watch people, my favorite thing to do next to staring at Dante.

"Yes I know. I don't know what went through me. I guess I'm just sick of all the waiting for the 'right time' . We're not getting any younger and It's time to move forward." I exhale.

It's true. I've let the Fraiser's consume my life for the past several years. Even the beginning of our relationship, Dante and I, was filled with them. I was so done with it. It's time for us. For me.

"I love you girl. Of course I get it. Let me know the dates you're thinking about and I will be ON IT with the planning." Her voice was laced with excitement.

I smile, biting my lip staring nervously at my hand.

"Well... how does next month sound."

It was like I suggested we jumped off a bridge together. Complete silence, so quiet you'd hear a pin drop. I hold my breath waiting for the onslaught of my best friend's response.

"You're fucking crazy Amelia. You went from miss day by day step by step—I hate Dante Brown—to I'm so in love let's get married and have my babies." I couldn't help but laugh at her response.

"Yep."

It was true.

"Okay... let's do it."

"Let's do it? I wasn't aware you were the one getting married." I smile moving away from the windows to sit at my desk.

"I might as well be. Rodney and I are in a middle state and you're my best friend. This is practically me getting married." She sighed into the phone.

"Well let me talk to Dante first, I'm sure he'll be just as shocked at how fast I want to move as you." I smiled into the phone at the thought of his shocked expression when I told him.

"Okay, just let me know. SO EXCITED." She ended the call with a squeal.

I shook my head laying my phone down on the table.

One thing I knew for sure and that was how much I love Dante Brown and how much I couldn't wait to make it official.

"Hello?" Dante's voice carried throughout the hallway as he turned into my office. My eyebrows shot up in surprise. It's not like he didn't have work, I wonder what he's doing here.

"What's with the surprise?" I smile brightly at him. He bends down to connect my lips in a greeting kiss. I'll never get over the warmth that runs throughout my body whenever we touch. How he feels too familiar and so... mine.

"I thought I'd surprise you after you successfully surprised me yesterday." He smirks and sits at the empty chair across my desk. "And I wanted to see if you'd like to have sex with me in this office."

Oh my god. I immediately start laughing at his bluntness and feel the instant blush coat my cheeks. "You're insane," I shake my head.

His lips turn up into that wide smile I love so much.

"I just wanted to see your reaction, I won't fuck you in your office...today." He runs a hand through his hair, his forearm flexing.

He's doing this on purpose isn't he.

"Wow how kind of you to not fuck ME in MY office. How considerate." I smile and stand up, moving around the desk, the feeling of his eyes never leaving me.

"Of course, always here for consideration." He teases me as I take a seat in his lab, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning in kissing his warm mouth.

"So why are you really here," I whisper into his lips. His arms circle my waist gripping my sides.

He once told me in bed together that whenever he has me close like this, I'm his arms and as close as possible, that he forgets the world around him. That I'm the only thought, sound, taste, touch, and smell around him.

So I squeeze him a bit tighter at the memory.

"We'll, I was thinking we should throw a charity ball of sorts." He looks me in the eyes. "For your idea I mean. We can kick it off with a party and or ball to celebrate the start of it, and bring it to as many people's attention as possible." He leans in kissing my nose.

"And then after," I gasp as his lips meet my neck, and shiver at the feeling. "After we get on a plane and get married on a small beach somewhere just the two of us. Where I can worship your body day in and day out, just the two of us." His lips don't stop at his words.

A ball. Charity event. Wedding. Just the two of us.

I can't concentrate on his words because he continues to kiss up and down my neck and one of his hands has made its way to my inner thighs to which I gasp.

"It seems like you've thought a lot about this." I say breathlessly.

"I think a lot about you all the time. It's impossible not to think about what I care about the most. You. And what you care about." He says, pulling back just a bit. His eyes catch mine and we just take one another in.

A destination wedding with just the two of us. I can't imagine the tamper our friends and families will throw. Tatum will murder me the next time she sees me. But I can't help but want exactly that, just the two of us. No one else.

"I'd love to marry you on a random beach somewhere, Dante." I smile watching the small features of his face light up, lips opening to show me his perfect smile.

"Good because if you said no I'd have to cancel the plane tickets." What.

I immediately drop my mouth open in shock, gripping his shoulder. Sneaky shit.

"You mean to tell me you've already bought our plane tickets and have a place in mind, all without telling me." I chastise him playfully. "You didn't think I'd want a say." I push.

"No I knew you would. And you have free reign to cancel and change. This is supposed to surprise you, not hold something from you. I want the whole thing to be as stress free for you, just us. No stress." He smiles, pulling me even closer and bringing my head down to his. "And lots of sex." He kisses me again.

I kiss him back, feverish and rushed.

The man just told me he wants to marry me on a romantic get away and that he thinks about me 24/7. Oh and that he wants to plan a charity ball for my charity. I don't think I've ever been so in love with him in one moment.

"Remember when you said you weren't going to fuck me here," I whisper into his ear. "You can at-least put your fingers up my skirt." His body tenses and I hear his breath quicken. He brings the hand sitting on my inner thigh to the edge of my skirt.

I pull back watching as he trails his fingers under the black fabric, leaving goosebumps in its wake. I shiver at the feeling, my stomach clenching in anticipation.

"How wet are you at the thought of us as man and wife." He whispers into my ear just as he reaches my underwear, moving it to the side and running his thumb over my wetness.

"Fuck," I moan. "Very. Just the thought of it could get me off." I told him.

"Good girl." He uses his other arm to open my legs a bit wider, allowing the fingers on my bare cunt to freely move about.

"My car is coming in 5 minutes. You're going to come in 3." He bites out. I nod my head, already so lost in the pleasure of his fingers.

I grip his neck harder forcing his lips back on mine. He moans into my mouth and pushes his thumb to my clit. I jump at the feeling and then immediately melt as he rubs in slow circles. Steadily bringing my climax closer with each stroke.

I feel pleasure everywhere. Already so turned on by everything that is him. He takes a free finger and circles my entrance. I twitch and move forward, silently begging for him to enter me with his finger.

He does just that.

"Shit Dante." I gasp.

His finger enters me but the motion of his thumb never stops. The feeling of both at once makes my body tremble in desire. He suddenly curls his finger that's inside me at an angle that leaves me breathless.

"Oh god," I panic at the feeling of slowly losing it. The tug in my lower stomach builds as he uses both fingers to bring me to my climax. Kissing up and down my neck in open mouth sloppy kisses leaves chills behind.

"1 minute," he whispers. I nod my head, "I'm so close. So close Dante." I grip him tighter as my body rides out the pleasure. My back stiffens in the anticipation of release, that build up so close.

"Oh god." He pressed down hard on my clit while simultaneously curling his finger once more and I absolutely lost it. My body immediately crashed into its release, my mind full of nothing but pleasure.

"I love the feeling of you coming undone on me." He smiled into my neck, leaving a small kiss before pulling back.

He pulls his fingers from my underwear, pulling it back over myself and tapping it once with a smirk.

"Thanks for lunch Mrs Brown." I blush at the name and smash my lips into his once more.

"I'm not Mrs Brown yet," I tease.

"Soon baby. Soon." He hugs me close before helping me stand. And before he leaves he kisses my cheek and leaves with the promise of seeing him at home.

I wave goodbye and make an immediate beeline to the bathroom to clean myself up. Something I tend to always have to do in the wake of his presence.

I'm not complaining.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 1 12
Derek Reed, a man haunted by the shadow of love, is haunted by memories of failed relationships. He's on the run from the police, filled with resentm...
5.2K 720 29
Life cannot treat Alexia Grey any better. She has amazing family and friends and gets perfect scores. She is destined for great things. She has envis...
3.1K 611 17
After two opposites find comfort in each other and have an instant connection but can't be together, they collide again months later and get a secon...
90 3 2
Allie A. Doki has proved she has it all. From an expensive baby pink lifestyle fueled by her successfully owned and prospering business to her late n...