Scripted | S.R x Reader

By reidschocolatedonut

"How can be sure when your whole job is to pretend?" "I was never sure about anything until I met you." Y/N L... More

1 | Lights
2 | Camera
3 | Action
4 | First Day on 'Set'
5 | How Scandalous
6 | Aftermath
7 | Follow the Script
9 | 'Character' Development
10 | Going Off Script
11 | Flip the Script
12 | Losing the Plot
13 | Plot Twist
14 | Falling Action
15 | Rising Action
16 | Exposition
17 | Hidden Character
18 | Climax
19 | Aftermath
20 | Resolution
Epilogue

8 | Getting in Character

1K 39 59
By reidschocolatedonut

"Is that Y/N L/N?!" A garishly dressed woman extended her arms, walking towards you and Spencer.

You quickly took a swig of alcohol, plastering on a smile. "Hi, Melanie."

She squeezed your body in her arms. "It's been ages!"

"Not long enough," you murmured.

"Hm?"

"Too long!" You bat your eyelashes, smiling again.

"And who is this hunk?" She wiggled her brows. "Mystery man from the media?"

You leaned into Spencer's side. "This is Spencer Perrier."

"Pleasure to meet you, ma'am." Spencer ignored his absolute disgust as he pressed his lips to her hand.

Melanie giggled. "He's quite handsome, Y/N. Very polite too."

You subtly moved Spencer's arm to your lower waist. "One of the many reasons I fell for him."

The man gulped, slowly allowing his hand to wrap around your side.

"Aww!" Melanie sighed. "I've been dying to know how you met since I saw those articles."

"Well—"

"I was hired as the photographer for one of her shoots," Spencer interjected. "After spending a few days with her, I guess I just...I couldn't get her out of my head."

You moved your eyes from him, ignoring the burning feeling in your cheeks. He's acting, Y/N.

"That's so romantic! I thought Y/N would just be an old maid."

Bitch. You played it off, laughing.

Spencer furled his brows. "Pardon?"

You elbowed Spencer, murmuring a 'shut it.'

Melanie chuckled. "She's just always been what we call a black sheep on set."

"A what..?"

"Melanie—" You attempted to break the conversation.

"It's just a silly little name!" Melanie giggled. "Y/N doesn't like to go out with the cast as much or do all the fun stuff, she's just a little odd."

Spencer glanced at you, your eyes to the floor.

"Not that there's anything wrong with being odd! It makes Y/N special, but I guess a lot of people don't like her because—"

"I think that's enough." His voice cut through the tension in the air like a blade.

You inhaled sharply. "It was nice talking to you, Melanie."

"Oh but—"

Spencer's hand cuffed around your wrist. "Let's go over here."

The back of your dress got caught on your heel, sending you tripping forwards. Spencer whirled around, grabbing your waist as you quickly held onto his arms. You awkwardly looked at each other for a moment, stepping back as realization of what had occurred hit.

"Erm thanks."

"Be careful," he mumbled.

You gave him a very stiff thumbs up. "Yup."

"Y/N! Hey!" Andy paused. "Dr. Re—"

"I think you mean Mr. Perrier," you coughed. "My boyfriend...Spencer Perrier."

Andy raised an eyebrow, looking at Spencer for some sort of rationality. The man shrugged, motioning to you. "Good lord."

"Don't good lord me," you whispered sharply. "Go with it."

Andy sighed. "Nice to see you again, Spencer."

"You too."

"How's work with Y/N been going?"

"I think we've definitely made progress..."

You looked around at the sets of eyes on your little group, cuddling into Spencer's side and resting your head on his shoulder—more like the side of it.

"B-But I uh...erm." Spencer cleared his throat, a pink colour rising to his cheeks. "We uh we...we are gonna start the uh the physical stuff soon." He halted. "That came out wrong!"

You bit your tongue to avoid laughter.

"We will begin physical training for stunts soon." Spencer nodded quickly. "That is as physical as we'll get."

"Making it worse, babe." You pat his shoulder.

Andy glanced between the two of you. "I have to say, you guys make a convincing couple."

"I'm an actress, it's my job."

Spencer nodded. "I go undercover a lot, so this is easy."

"Right. I'll see you on Tuesday for the shoot, Y/N. Bye, Dr—Mr. Perrier." Andy walked off.

You looked around. "This is really boring." You linked your arm with Spencer's. "Let's pretend to sneak out and accidentally get caught by the press, so they see that we're so in love that we snuck off to go have sex or something."

Spencer looked at you, doe eyed.

"What? Not like we're actually gonna."

"I-I didn't mean it like that!"

"Let's go."

Spencer looked around, following you out of the main hall and to the 'not so secret secret exit.'

"Hah!" You smiled, placing a magazine on Spencer's desk.

"Morning to you too." He rubbed his eyes. "What's this?"

"Read."

Spencer looked at the headline, a few photos on the side. Y/N L/N: America Was Wrong! His eyes scanned the page, a photo of you both walking into the party as well as the one of you guys 'secretly' leaving. "So..?"

"So they think we're together!" You pumped your arms. "And now they're not coming for my head!"

Spencer smiled slightly. "I'm glad."

"I can't thank you enough, Dr. Reid."

"Don't you think that you can call me Spencer now?" He smirked. "Considering how comfortable you seemed with me the other night."

You rolled your eyes. "Different situation." A pause. "You can call me Y/N."

"I'd like that."

Silence fell between you both.

"So...physical stuff?" A coy smile broke onto your face. "How do I shoot a gun?"

"Right! Uh let's go to the range."

"Fuck!" You sighed. "This is really hard. How are you so good?"

"I used to miss every shot."

"No way." You placed your free hand on your hip.

Spencer nodded, grinning. "Every single one. I once aimed for a guy's leg and shot him in the head."

Your jaw dropped.

"Try again."

You angled the gun.

"Stop, stop, stop." Spencer walked over, his hand lingering over your arm as if asking for permission. After a few seconds, he slowly took your arm in his hand, moving it higher. "Stay like this." He stepped behind you, adjusting your shoulders.

You could feel his breath on your neck. You normally hated people too close to you, but you didn't want this moment to end.

"Just like that," he said quietly, lingering there for a moment.

"Okay," you whispered.

Spencer stepped back, nodding to you.

You pulled the trigger, a bullet firing directly into the red circle in the dummy's chest. You gasped, jumping up and down. "YES! HAHA!"

Spencer shook his head. "You look like a child."

"Victory dance!" You shuffled your feet and flailed your arms awkwardly.

"I see why you're not a dancer."

"I'm ignoring you!"

Spencer quieted, just watching you make a fool out of yourself with a smile he didn't even realize he had on his face.

"What?" You stopped, looking at him.

"Nothing, nothing."

Silence fell again.

"Reid, someone's here for Y/N—" Derek paused, looking between you two. "Uh..."

You quickly looked to the other agent, your demeanor switching. "Who?" You put down the gun.

"Joshua—"

"Josh? Where is he?"

"Oh, right here."

Josh smiled, walking in. "Hey!"

"Josh!" You dragged your brother inside. "Josh, this is the FBI agent helping me prepare for Lydia, Dr. Spencer Reid. Spencer, this is my brother, Joshua."

"Nice to meet you." Spencer put his hands behind his back, nodding at Josh.

"You too, man." He grinned. "Sorry but Y/N and I have some financials to discuss."

"Now?" You frowned.

"Mhm."

"But I gave you the payment—"

"No, that was for the month you missed."

"Are you sure?" Your brows knitted together.

"Positive, why would I lie to you? I love you, Y/N." He pat your arm. "See you around, Dr. Reid."

"Bye," you murmured, following your brother.

Derek brushed by you and your brother, walking inside.

"I don't like him," Spencer muttered. "He's off."

"Since when were you and prima-donna so buddy buddy?"

"We use each other's names, and we're buddy buddy now?" Spencer rolled his eyes.

"I saw the whole gun thing—"

"I was teaching her proper form, Derek. Not everything is romantic."

"I never said romance was involved." He smiled smugly.

"It was implied."

"You interpreted it that way."

"Is this all you came to talk about?" Spencer exhaled, crossing his arms.

Derek raised his arms defensively. "I'm just saying."

"Well, don't. I'm going to finish up my work."

"Alright, kid. Whatever you say."

Spencer shook his head, getting into the elevator. "Like her? How could I? She's a jerk. Total jerk."

"Victory dance!"

Spencer shook his head, unable to stop his laughter as you flailed around the room.

"Jerks dance...yep." Spencer took a deep breath. "All good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 1.3K 30
Y/n's trauma leads to her fallout and Spencer's relapse. After an altercation at work Y/n decides to disappear, leaving Spencer alone. After years of...
235K 4.3K 33
Y/N has the perfect life until everything changed, but you decided to take your downs in life and make something real of yourself. After a lot of har...
100K 1.6K 32
Agent Y/N Cooper gets relocated to Quantico BAU after a dangerous accident. She often finds her heart in the hands of the one and only Dr. Spencer R...
79K 1.8K 19
Y/N has always dreamed of going to Paris and her team at the BAU wanted to help make that dream a reality. The group is more like family than coworke...