๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ๐–๐€๐‘ | ๐†๐„๐Ž๐‘๐†...

By -SREID

๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ๐–๐€๐‘ | โyou think that will work russell? โyou really think i want your ... More

๐—ช๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—Ÿ๐——๐—ช๐—”๐—ฅ
P R O L O U G E
C H A P T E R ONE
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

4.5K 157 72
By -SREID

ABU DHABI QUALIFYING

AFTER all the press conferences, the drivers went back to their garages to warm up and prepare for qualifying.

George had gone back to Williams, Zia back to Red Bull. She did a few routine exercises and changed into her race wear. She was just tying up her hair and tucking it into her overalls when there was knock on the door. She called for them to come inside the room, and the door opened.

She turned around, and was shocked to find George standing in her doorway. "Russell, do you need something?" she asked, as she walked across her room to grab her boots and helmet.

He hesitated slightly before he shook his head. "No I uh- just wanted to say god luck. I know this is an important session for you." he said, offering her a slight smile.

Zia nodded. "Yeah it is. I need to be right in there with Max and Lewis otherwise I have failed my only purpose as a Red bull second driver." she joked.

George laughed, but spoke again, "I didn't mean that." He said, silently noting to the fact this could be her last qualifying session in Formula One.

Zia gave him a slightly sad smile. "Enjoy your last joy ride in the Williams." she told him."

George gave her a slightly sympathetic look, before he nodded. "I will. " he left the room, losing the door behind him. Zia stared at the door for a few moments, not knowing where this new found sympathy George had collected for her was coming from. The buzz of her phone broke her gaze from the door, as she saw a message from her race engineer, bugging her to get back down to the pits. She grabbed her helmet and boots, rushing out the door.

COMMENTATOR'S BOX

"SO big session for many drivers today, Antonio Giovinazzi, Zia Powman, George Russell, Valtteri Bottas and of course, our championship rivals." Crofty said, as the drivers began to get in their cars, ready for the final qualifying session of the year. "Big day Martin."

"Indeed it is, especially for the guys over at Red Bull. They desperately need Max on Pole today to give him the best shot at the victory tomorrow. They also really need to get Powman up there, as she'll be a big help for Max if she can hold up Lewis." Martin assessed, as he looked over his notes.

"Speaking of the young Brit, Zia Powman ladies and gentleman, without a seat for next year, first out for the first session. " Crofty said as he watched Zia pull out of the Red Bull garage and into the pitlane, to being Q1.

"OUT of the Q1 : Nikita Mazepin, Mick Schumacher, Nicholas Latifi, Jake Bryant outqualified by his teammate every race this season now, a statistic I'm sure the rookie is not fond of. Antonio Giovinazzi, a disappointing last qualifying for him as he heads off to Formula E, and Fernando Alonso, which I find quite surprising Martin." Crofty rounded up Q1 with the results.

"It is quite a surprise, but we know that Alonso has been a good contender for the Crypto Overtaking Award and is able to push his way through the paddock quite quickly." he said with confidence.

"Very true. Some positives then, Red Bull carried both Verstappen and Powman into Q2, good start if they want her on the front row, and George Russell, another cracking Q2 appearance from the Kings Lynn boy." Crofty mentioned, as a clip of both Zia and George sat in heir cars flashed upon his screen one after the other.

"I do say, these two have been my favorite pair to watch this season. I know we've had some brilliant interactions between Verstappen and Hamilton, but I've got to say the tense rivalry that Powman and Russell has sustained is quite enjoyable. It will be sad to see Zia go at the end of this year I tell you." he admitted.

Martin nodded in agreement. "I actually agree. I watched their press conference earlier before the qualifying session, and their banter about Mugello is quite amusing. Zia is such a character, and an amazing driver, and it will be sad to see her go."

"And as Q2 starts, it is in fact George Russell who heads out first this time, taking advantage of the clean air." Crofty broke the conversation as the Williams headed put into the pit lane, slowly dragging it's way down the awkward pit exit.

"ZIA Powman, on her final flying lap of the session, currently P11, last person on their flying lap, so she only really needs to be P10 to be safely into Q3." Crofty said, as he watched Zia down the pit straight, past the light box and into the first corner.

"Yeah, she needs to be really careful here, she's got a lot of traffic. Oh Radio message."

"You've told people to get out of the way year? 'Cause I can already see Vettel's rear wing."

"Yeah Z we've told the FIA to keep an eye on blue flags. Don't worry."

"Okay."

"Oh wow, fastest first sector from Powman. She's going for pole." Martin joked, as he watched Zia lunge past Vettel, without costing her more than two hundredths of a second.

"Fastest second sector now." Crofty added as Zia headed into the final stages of the lap. "God you'd think she wouldn't even have had traffic with the speed she's going."

"All she has to do is get past Russell at the final corner and she'll be on for a winner."

"Russell doesn't seem to either want to get out of the way of a fast approaching Powman," Crofty began, as he watched Zia heading around turn 10, "Or he doesn't know there is a fast approaching Powman."

THE TRACK

George was cruising his Williams around turn 15 when his race engineer voice in his ear. "Okay George, Powman approaching at high speed, so you'll need to get out of the way soon."

George frowned to himself. "Well how far away is she I'm nearly at the pit entrance?"

"She's coming up around 13 now."

"What the hell? 13? James she's right up behind me couldn't you have told me sooner?"

"George mate get out of the way!"

ZIA came around 13, and saw George's Williams still at a slow pace. "I told them to watch the blue flags." She thought to herself. She was too focused to radio up, only having three more corners before the checkered flag anyways, she made a mental note to ask later, and just go around the outside of Russell inside of take the racing line.

As she came around turn 14, she prepared to dive around the outside, as George made his way toward the pit entry. She headed up to 15, ready to make the move, when George moved instead.

To avoid a collision with the Williams who had just been told to make room for her, she swerved, picked up some oversteer, and went straight ahead, and into the barrier.

"Fuck!" she swore as she made impact, holding her head with her hands. she sat there for a few moments until she heard her race engineer in her ears. "Z you okay?"

COMMENTATOR'S BOX

"OH no not again." Crofty said sympathetically, as he saw the small hands of Powman in her car reach up and hold her head. "When I said I enjoyed their rivalry I didn't mean I wanted another crash including the two."

The radio message popped up on the screen, and the two commentators fell silent to listen.

"Z you okay?"

"Just can't ******* leave me alone can he?" there was a sarcastic laugh. "Yeah I'm alright. I think my ego's been crushed though."

"Z I'm so sorry."

"Did he not have any ******* blue flags?"

"We are looking into that now, Just turn the car off for me and get out."

"Yeah."

told you i was evil.

but dw you're gonna love me after the next chapter

OKAY BYEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.7K 74
โš ๏ธ Warning, this story contains smut โš ๏ธ Reunited with her best friends after years apart 2021 was going to a great year, Melissa could feel it. A n...
416K 4.6K 33
This book is based on one shots of F1 drivers from the 2019-2021 season. started: 08/06/2020
564K 17.1K 57
๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ป'๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ผ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜๐˜† ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ, ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐˜†๐—ถ๏ฟฝ...