Sweetness Of Life ✔

נכתב על ידי free_bird_123_

A sequel to Sweetness Of Love. Achieving a blissful existence and a harmonious family is a universal desire... עוד

CHAPTER - 01
CHAPTER - 02
CHAPTER - 03
CHAPTER - 04
CHAPTER - 05
CHAPTER - 06
CHAPTER - 08
CHAPTER - 09
CHAPTER - 10
CHAPTER - 11
CHAPTER - 12
CHAPTER - 13
CHAPTER - 14
CHAPTER - 15
CHAPTER - 16
CHAPTER - 17
CHAPTER - 18
CHAPTER - 19
CHAPTER - 20
CHAPTER - 21
CHAPTER - 22
CHAPTER - 23
CHAPTER - 24
CHAPTER - 25
CHAPTER - 26
CHAPTER - 27
CHAPTER - 28
CHAPTER - 29
CHAPTER - 30
CHAPTER - 31
CHAPTER - 32
CHAPTER - 33
CHAPTER - 34
CHAPTER - 35
CHAPTER - 36
CHAPTER - 37
CHAPTER - 38
Epilogue
Sweetness Of Life

CHAPTER - 07

341 74 24
נכתב על ידי free_bird_123_

I throw my towel on the couch as I walk to the mirror and run my hands through my damp hair.

"You can go take shower," I say to Avni who is sitting on the bed staring at me.

"Are you okay?" I turn around to look at her when she doesn't answer.

She looks down at me and sighs shaking her head. "You are really- hot."

I arch an eyebrow at her. "But there's something important I want to say and I want you to listen."

"I am listening." I walk to the bed and sit in front of her as I understand the seriousness in her tone. I reach out to hold her hand in mine as she stares into my eyes.

"Neil, you probably might be assuming I might get pregnant anytime soon." She gulps as she shifts on her place. "But I won't be pregnant."

I don't comprehend what she wants to say exactly. I don't want to interrupt and say anything wrong before understanding what she means so I stay quiet, just looking at her waiting for her to continue.

"Remember that night in your Villa?" She looks at me questioningly and I nod.

"The next morning I hurried to take ECP." She lowers her gaze. "And I have been taking pills since then."

"Okay." I nod.

"I hope you are not mad about it?"

I sigh as I look into her eyes and hold her hand tight in mine. "Look Avni it's easy for men to make women pregnant. Women will have to carry the baby for months and I believe it's your right to decide whatever you want."

"I will not lie, I do feel sad because I was kinda excited for it." I reach out to put her hair string behind her ear.

"But I want you to decide it for us, there's no force. I understand, my wife." I smile pinching her nose.

She smiles at me. "It's not like I don't want kids, I do want, I want to live that moment once again. The feeling of carrying a baby is something I want to experience but right now I just want to give some time to Niam and Navya."

"That totally makes sense." I nod understanding. She wouldn't be able to give time to them if she is pregnant.

My phone rings and I kiss Avni's forehead before I pick up DD's call.

"Ask him to join us for breakfast," Avni says as she gets down from the bed and walks to the bathroom.

"Well, that's why I called to ask if she forgot me as soon as she shifted with her family," DD says on the phone.

"In that case, you should have called on her phone." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I did. But it's switched off."

I take Avni's phone and plug it into the charger. DD laughs and disconnects the call. I look at the screen unbelievably, he did really call just to ask her.

❊❊❊

"Who made this?" DD asks as he puts a spoonful of Poha in his mouth.

"Avni," I say as I feed Niam who looks upset and doesn't want to eat breakfast.

"This is so tasty." DD looks at Avni as she feeds Navya.

"Neil made it." Avni laughs.

"Oh." He takes another spoon. "I think you should have added some salt in it."

Niam and Navya laugh and I roll my eyes at him.

DD and I walk out as we finish our breakfast.

"Is everything ready?" I ask him.

"It is." He nods.

"I'll see you at the office." I nod. He gets in his car and drives away as I stand for a moment to talk with Avni.

"What are your plans for today?" I ask her as we stand near the porch steps. "Going out somewhere?"

"No, Zar and Myra will be visiting today." She nods.

"Everything alright?" I arch an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah." She smiles. "Have a nice day."

"Take care." I nod before I walk away.

I pull the car into the parking lot and get inside. The gossip around starts as people look at me. I know I can't do anything about this gossip but I decided to let everyone know my marriage with Ria was just a contract.

I sure don't want my wife to get uncomfortable each time she enters. DD gives me a thumbs up when I look at him and I nod in understanding.

"Hello, everyone. May I have your attention please." I look at everyone as I stand in the center.

"Directly getting to the point I want to let you all know something," I announce as I get everyone's attention.

"There are people interested in my personal life." I look at every gossiping girl particularly. "And since they are interested I decided to let them know the truth instead of lie."

"Here you go." I look at the projector.

"Hello, everyone." Ria appears on the screen as DD connects her on a video call. "I am thankful to all of you for the love you have given me and I apologize for leaving all of a sudden."

She pauses and looks at her phone when it buzzes and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, sorry." She looks back at the screen. "You all have seen me as Neil's second wife and that's what I introduced myself to you all."

"But my marriage with Neil was just a contract, I am not his second wife." She nods. "I am not lying here. The contract ended and I have no right to stay in his life."

"Avni was his wife and she will forever be." She looks at me and I look away rolling my eyes. Even if she is being good now I hate the fact she betrayed me with the contract.

"Just wanted to clear the problems I created because I am looking forward to a bright future." She smiles and bids bye to everyone before she disconnects the call.

I am glad she agreed to have this conversation when I called her yesterday after Avni left my office.

"I hope these words from Ria cleared doubts of people who were interested in my life."

"I don't want to hear to anyone taking Ria's name here when she is gone," I declare. "Neither I want anyone to gossip about my life."

I walk to my office feeling happy I managed to clear this. I sit on my chair as I pull out my phone and then I hear the knock on the door before my assistant and DD walk in.

"Someone brought you this." She says keeping the bouquet on my table.

"Thank you." I nod at her. DD sits in front of me as she walks out.

"Let's see who is this." I sigh as I take the paper stuck on the bouquet.

Congratulations on the happiness you have now, Mr. Khanna.

Years ago I tried to kill your wife because I wanted to hurt her and you, both of them. Now, I'll kill both of you because like I suffered I want your kids to suffer.

That's called true revenge.

I stare at the note as I read it again. I gulp as fear starts engulfing me, I cannot let anything happen to my family this time.

Why would someone want to take revenge on us?

I don't remember doing anything wrong with anyone.

"What's wrong?" DD looks at me confused. I leave an exhausted breath as I run a hand through my hair. DD takes the note from me.

"What the fuck?" He stares at it.

There's a knock on the door and my assistant comes in. "Sir, you have a meeting at 11."

"Yeah, okay." I nod. "Uh, who left this for me?"

She glances at the bouquet. "It was someone." She shrugs.

"Girl or boy?" DD looks at her. I see her frowning, it's better if we keep her out of it.

I cannot trust anyone.

"The receptionist gave me, I have no idea." She looks at us confused before she looks at the bouquet again.

"You may leave." I interrupt before DD says anything.

"CCTV camera," DD says as he stands up.

"DD wait." I stop him as I walk around the table and keep my hand on his shoulder.

"I know this is a very serious thing." I sigh. "But I want you to keep this between us."

"And what about Bhabi?" He frowns.

"Just us. No one should be involved." I shake my head.

"She's your wife-"

"I know, I know." I cut him off. "I just don't want her to get stressed. She's still trying to settle with these new beginnings."

"She still has the right." He says firmly. I know DD cares about Avni but it's better to keep her out until I figure out everything.

"And it's my right to let her know until then you are not going to say this to anyone," I say seriously, he looks down and nods. "Not even Myra."

"You are getting me involved in this, aren't you?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Yep." I walk around. "We will have to make a plan and collect a few clues."

"Like how?" He asks curiously.

"I'll let you know that as we start it." I make up my mind to not do anything wrong this time. "I do wish I had my team now with me."

"You can ask them to help you out, right?" He asks.

"I don't know. I will try contacting them." I say as I drop a message to them. "Let's go check the CCTV camera."

"Wait," I say as I take the bouquet and throw it in the dustbin before I kick it.

"Well, the flowers were innocent." DD rolls his eyes at me.

"Take them then." I roll my eyes as I walk out.

"I am sure going to kill this person," DD says as we get in the elevator.

"Don't kill him just like that. I have lots of questions to ask." I say him as anger builds up in me.

I nod at the security team as we enter the security control room.

"How's everything here?" I ask looking at the screen.

"All is well."

"I need a few minutes here," I say as I walk to the monitor.

Mia stands up and moves away and I sit on her chair. We go through the morning footage, everything seems normal as usual employees enter inside and all.

I go back when I catch a glimpse of a person in a black hoodie holding bouquet. We watch curiously as he walks in and keeps it on the reception table.

We see the receptionist smile and was about to greet him when he keeps it and walks away. She keeps looking at him confused and shrugs.

I sigh frustratedly when I don't get a glimpse of his face and the fact that even the receptionist wasn't able to see him makes me angry all over again.

"This is a girl," I mumble, and DD looks at me.

"Why do you say that?" He looks at her. "Because the person looks thin?"

"See the walk," I tell him as I go back again. "Men tend to take longer strides and walk with their legs farther apart. Women tend to take shorter strides and keep their legs closer together."

I look at her and shake my head. "She wants to confuse us with the hoodie."

"Wow. We aren't getting confused." DD chuckles as he watches her walk.

"Stop gawking I'm gonna call Myra." I laugh as I get up.

"Oh, come on." He rolls his eyes. "Well, you are a good observer."

And this time the observant me wouldn't let anything happen to my family.

❊❊❊

How was it?

It's a black or brown hoodie person?

Lol. I am so confused.

Besides, I apologize for not being regular. I try to manage it with my studies, hope you all understand.

I do see a lot of people losing interest in the book but I also don't understand what to say about it.

I might just need your support.

Thankful to all the people reading along.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

31.9K 3.1K 28
Avni & Neil fell in love with each other in college but unaware that their families are enemies from last 20 yrs. What will happen when they got to...
37.7K 4.8K 17
Imperfect yet perfect relation. Abnormal for world but normal for them. She was darkness, he was light. She was sadness, he became her happiness...
23.9K 2.9K 39
It is the story of Avni and Neil. Their love story was not an easy one. Their life went through a lot of challenges. This is written more like a sc...
65.3K 4.7K 24
Be it any type of relationship there would always be unconditional love for the people u care for and that is avneil lets see how they realise their...