๐ƒ๐„๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐”๐Œ ( ๐™Ž๐˜พ๐˜ผ...

By TrissyBear18

The complete opposites of one another meet during the beginning of the end and the end of the beginning for t... More

โ†ฌ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐‚๐‹๐€๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐‘ โ†ซ
โš˜๐ƒ๐„๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐”๐Œโš˜
๐ˆ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐€๐ง๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ! + ๐Š๐ก๐š๐ข๐ฅ
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ

๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ

5.5K 214 1.5K
By TrissyBear18

✾ϟ

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

"Are we in... Pixie Hollow!?"

I turn to Yoimiya after closing the door, "I told you," I whispered loudly, nudging her shoulder in excitement. "Wait, you've never been here before?" I asked when I realized.

"I've seen this place a lot, but I never went in here. I didn't know it was actually a huge flower shop!" She cooed, her eyes darting from one place to another around the room.

I chuckled and pulled her with me upstairs to the second floor, there were only a few people in here so we got our own table immediately.

We just finished our daily work so we decided to rest here, even though I go here almost... well... everyday. It just feels nice here, it's giving me nostalgia for some reason.

"Are you ready to order?" A waiter approaches our table, holding a pen and paper.

"The usual please," I replied as he nodded in return. "Miya, what about-" I paused when I notice her staring at the waiter wide-eyed, looking like she just saw a ghost.

"Ma'am?" The waiter called out to her for the order.

"A-Actually, can you come back later?" I told the waiter, glancing back and forth at her and him.

"Sure," He says before walking away.

I looked back to Yoimiya whose eyes were following the waiter. "IS THAT A FATUI WORKING HERE?!" She blurted out in a loud whisper, grasping my hand from across the table.

"Actually... all of them are," I evidently answered, removing her hand from mine.

"Isn't that bad?! You go here a lot too?" She whispered, looking around warily.

"They work here, they won't do anything... I think." I answered with a little bit of uncertainty. They're Scara's people anyway and I trust him.

"That's a little weird... Why would they work at a flower shop? Aren't they dangerous people?" She tilted her head and furrowed hey eyebrows, I don't have a reply since I also have the same question as hers.

Maybe this is some type of cover for something like their real business, but I don't think that's the case. It was really just... a flower shop and cafe, so this is definitely for his dead girlfriend. I wasn't that surprised since Childe also controls the Northland Bank in Liyue, they're everywhere.

"Here's your order," The waiter comes back to set my food on the table while Yoimiya is just about to order.

"And uh... please don't poison my food, I haven't met my soulmate yet." She pleaded to the waiter who looked confused, almost making me spit my food.

"Uh, w-we won't, ma'am." He stammered in confusion, scratching his head.

"That's all, thank you!" She suddenly beams at him, like she wasn't glaring at him just a second ago. He nodded and walked away, still looking confused.

"That was rude!" I muttered to her, slightly pinching her arm and earning a low wince from her.

"I'm just being aware!" She huffed, pulling her arm back to her side. "Plus I'm sure they know about us, who knows if they're going to trap us in here and kill us?!" She blabbered but I just ignored her.

"I always go here, do you even see anything wrong with me? No, right?" I sighed, drinking my tea.

"Yes, there is!" She exclaimed, pointing her fork towards me as my face contorts into confusion. "You're always smiling and your face is glowing as if you're in love!" She gestured, pointing to my face.

"That's a cliché thing to say," I make a disgusted face and continued eating.

Who am I to say that's cliché when I can't seem to ignore the feeling that I am in love, it just stays there like I can't push it out or anything. But there's also a part of me that's not, that feeling is stopping me from being in love with many reasons.

"I'm quite jealous.. it must be nice to have that warm feeling with someone you love, talk about random stuff with them, tease each other, and it's more thrilling when you both have opposite personalities!" She counted with the petals she plucked out from a flower she's holding, while I tried not to give out a weird reaction from everything she's saying.

Did she just describe us? I have to admit she was on point though.

"Have you fallen in love before?" I asked her, maybe this would be a good time to talk about it. I still feel confused about what I really feel.

"Hmm, not really.. but I read a lot of romance novels! Especially the most cliché tropes," She proudly raised her chin up and held her blushing cheeks. "Why do you ask? You're in love, huh?" She wiggled her eyebrows cheekily.

"I genuinely don't know," I simply replied. "But can two different people fall in love?" I took a sip of my tea to compose myself.

"It depends, oh! By different, do you mean he's an albino and you're not?" She questioned, making me gag on my tea a little.

"W-What made you say albino?" I put my cup down and tried not to laugh while she just shrugged and looked serious about it. I cleared my throat and patted my chest to compose myself, "We're supposed to be enemies, but he's weirdly nice to me and he doesn't-"

I got cut off when she gasped really loud that she stood up from her seat. "He's using you!" She yelled out, pointing towards me. "Or not!" She plopped back down and smiled again.

"T-This is serious," I mumbled, slightly glancing at the people around us who seemed unbothered by her loud voice.

"I am too! It could be that way, but he could also be genuinely nice to you because he really likes you!" She said while chewing her cake. "But dating an enemy could be risky, you're on two opposing sides, correct? There could be misunderstandings and you'll both have to face the consequences, but what I'm saying is, it really depends on the two of you on who will adjust if you really love each other!" Her voice muffled when she stuffed her face with the cake.

"You're right," Was all I could say. She was right about that again, maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself. I'm sure Scara only sees me as... a friend, he already has someone in his heart.

"Oh, right! I found this little one earlier when we were walking around." She suddenly blurted out, taking out a small mouse from her bag in a hurry. How can it even breathe in there?

"Why'd you keep it?" I leaned back a little when it started moving in her hand.

"The poor thing was trembling, how could I not? Wait, is it a guy..?" My jaw dropped when she started checking the tail part of the mouse.

"Ma'am, why are you... touching it?" My eyes widened when she just laughs about it and tries to bring the mouse closer to me.

"I cleaned him earlier! See-"

We froze on our spots when the mouse jumped out of her grip and landed on the table perfectly fine, "Shit!" I flinched and scooted away from it while Yoimiya looked like she's cheering the mouse instead of getting scared.

It wasn't moving since it looked like it was still surprised from the fall, "He looks so funny! He looks like he's seen things he's not supposed to-" Yoimiya paused when it suddenly jumped so high that it landed on the back of her chair, then it jumped from chair to another chair so fast that we didn't have time to react.

"Why did you have to lose it?" We both got up in a panic and caught up to the mouse.

"But he was so cute! I wonder what we should name him!" She squealed, holding her cheeks as the mouse stopped at the chair near the door to the hallway so we gathered around it like we're asserting our authority over a pack of raptors when it's just one tiny mouse.

"Wait, who's gonna grab it?" She questioned, glancing at the mouse then at me.

"You let go of him in the first place!" I grumbled in a low tone, my eyes were too focused on the mouse.

"Okay, bu-"

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"AAHHH!" We both hugged each other instinctively and screamed in terror when we suddenly heard another voice behind us.

The mouse also got scared because of us so he jumped on Yoimiya's head to... Scara's hat. Oh, shit this is going to be bad. We both stopped screaming to see a surprised balladeer and Khail beside him, who seemed to notice the mouse on his lord's hat too.

"Scara," I breathed out almost in a whisper, glancing up at his hat then at him cautiously. It was weird seeing him here but that's not important right now.

"(Y/N)," He answered back, raising a brow. "What? Why the fuck are you looking at me like that?" He crossed his arms, scanning me up and down.

"Don't... move..." I raised my hands and slowly stepped up to him in attempt to grab the unmoving hairball on his hat.

"I'm not fucking movi-"

"My lord, I think you shouldn't move." Khail whispered to him, slightly glancing up as well.

"I SAID I'M NOT FUCKING MOVING!" He yelled out furiously, his hat shaking a bit but the mouse still didn't move so I guess that was good.

I could sense Yoimiya walking up to us in almost loud footsteps, "Oh! It's (Y/N)'s handsome ma... wait... YOUR BOYFRIEND'S A FATU-"

I smacked my hand over her mouth to stop her from talking any further, "Look, someone's ass is out!" I pointed to a random direction as a distraction.

"Oh dear, that's humiliating!" Khail turned his head to where it is but Scara didn't turn his head, he just stared at me confused as ever.

I drag Yoimiya with me to a corner and grabbed her shoulders to face me, "He's not my boyfriend, we're friends!" I grinded my teeth and muttered to her who looked so appalled by what she saw. "I thought you knew that already when you saw him before the festival," I whispered in a panic, slightly shaking her.

"Oh..." She answered with a blank face. "I couldn't see him clearly, he's handsome though. But... HE'S A FATUI AND HE'S YOUR BOYFRI-"

I slapped my hand over her mouth again and laughed really loud to cover up the things she said, "Oh! You choked on your food, let me help you!" I uttered really loud, glancing back at the two men still at the door.

"Let's talk... later," I put up a fake smile that reached my ears, mumbling to Yoimiya who still looked so flabbergasted. She nodded and gave me a thumbs up, making me let go of her.

I dragged her back with me to them and eyed the mouse who's still unmoving, I can notice the little hairball shaking on his hat that almost made me laugh. It was probably too scared to jump now because of Scara's aura.

"Sir, don't move." I told him again and stepped closer this time.

"Then tell me what the hell is going on." He stepped back as I was almost close to grabbing it, making me grunt and close my eyes in annoyance.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE!" I whispered loudly, scolding him and trying to reach for his arm to pull him back.

"WELL, YOU'RE TOO FUCKING CLOSE!" He retaliated, gritting his teeth and avoiding my hand.

"JUST STOP MOVING!" I muttered loudly, glancing back up warily.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss..." I hear Yoimiya cheering behind me in a whisper, smirking at me cheekily.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HELP M-"

We flinched in panic when the mouse suddenly started making sounds and moved around on his hat, "What the fuck? Khail, stop touching my hat." Scara turned around to scold him, as Khail raises his hands in surrender to prove he's not touching it.

"Shit," We both hissed, stepping back closer to him. The mouse was really having a fun time on his hat, but that fun won't last longer.

"M-My lord, let me tell you about that one time I had a tea party with the oceanid!" Khail stuttered, trying to distract him.

"I don't want to fucking hear that right now," Scara glared at him and crossed his arms before turning back to me.

"Can you... turn your head somewhere else?" I smiled sheepishly at him, tilting my head to the side repeatedly to try convincing him.

"No, I want to to know what the fuck is happening fir-"

"You're really funny, Scara!" I suddenly laughed really loud to stop him from talking any further and somehow distract him.

"But I didn't say shit? Did you hit your fucking head while I was gone?" He raised a brow with a hint of worry in his expression, trying to reach for my hand.

"O-Of course not! Sorry, that was... a reflex, now please look away," I faked a grin, gesturing for him to turn his head. The mouse was stressing me too much since it kept moving around his hat like it's a mini playground.

"Reflex? I just came back from literal hell and worked my ass off now you're fucking telling me to look away from yo-"

I hurriedly leaned forward to take my chance and tilted his hat slightly down for the mouse jumped back to Yoimiya's hands, "Oh, he's back!" She announced, gripping the mouse with her two hands properly now.

"What the fuck?" He grumbled and fixed his hat back, narrowing his eyes at me. He looked more annoyed now but what's important is it's gone now.

"Phew!" I wiped my sweat and held my chest as the heavy feeling of stress disappeared. Khail also huffed and looked relieved that it's gone on his hat.

"I'm gonna get going now, have fun with your handsome fatui boyfriend! Tell me the details later," Yoimiya whispers to my ear before walking out the door. "Hmm, let's go out and think of names for you. Let's ask uncle Thoma!" She rambled as her voice slowly fades.

She's leaving me again, I know she's doing this on purpose.

There was a moment of silence between the three of us, but I'm sure Scara's really annoyed. What's he doing here anyway? Isn't he supposed to be in Snezhnaya?

"Uh, why are you here..?" I spoke first as he immediately turned his attention back to me.

"That's the fucking greeting I get after traveling for hours?" He rolled his eyes, taking his hat off and placing it on the empty table.

"Oh, did you expect something like..." I tried avoiding his gaze but my eyes stopped on his hands that are bandaged. "Huh? What happened?" I stepped closer to him and scanned his hands.

"Lord Scaramouche got into a big fight," Khail replied, glancing down on his hands too. "But my lord didn't get hurt," He added in reassurance.

"Some piece of shit picked a fight with me," Scara mumbled in a monotone. He looked frustrated and annoyed by the tone of his voice. "It'll heal, this is nothing." He reassured, plopping his hands back on his sides.

"Did you punch him really hard?" I questioned, glancing back down at his hands. That must've been bad, at least he didn't get fucked up.

"Of course I fucking did, that shithead couldn't even stand against me." He sighed and took a seat by the table.

"Ms. (Y/N), it was so fun in Snezhnaya! You should've went with us," Khail beams in excitement, cheering a little. "I found my underwear that got lost years ago!"

"There's a hole on it, huh?" I guessed and chuckled a bit, giving me a nod in return.

"It's only fun for you, you should've fucking stayed there." Scara rolled his eyes at Khail, turning away in annoyance.

"I'll go wherever my lord goes!" Khail gives him an eye smile. 

"Wait, how'd you find me here anyway?" I asked, sitting beside Scara while Khail sits across us.

"Oh, I just... guessed that you.. might be here." Scara hesitantly replied, looking away.

"Huh?" I raised a brow and parted my lips a little, "But you're supposed to be in Snezhnaya right now." I stated with a quizzical face, noticing his expression change.

"Uh, why the fuck would I be there?" He squinted his eyes, confused by what I said.

"You said you'll be staying there for two days..?" I tilted my head, recalling what he said a few days ago.

"What the fuck? I didn't say that," He defended, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

I gasped a little and covered my mouth, "You're lying!" I exclaimed.

"No, you're just deaf!" He retaliated as if I didn't hear him clear as day that day.

"I think I'll be staying there for two days.." Those were his exact words, I don't get why he's lying.

"Ever heard of dementia? Maybe you forgo-"

"I didn't fucking say two days, you're hearing things!" He still had the nerve to defend himself when he looks stupid to me right now. If only I recorded what he said.

"Yes, you did." I scoffed, poking his shoulder really hard.

"No, I didn't!" He bumped my shoulder with his.

"Yes, you did." I didn't surrender and bumped my shoulder back.

"NO, I DIDN'T." He clenched his jaw, visibly annoyed now.

"YES, YOU DID!"

"NO, I DI-"

"Oh, is this a game of yes or no? Then my answer is yes!" Khail intervened, making us jump in surprise.

"At least Khail's on my side," I proudly crossed my arms at him.

Scara sighed and turned his head away in irritation, "Maybe I changed my fucking mind, yeah." He grumbled under his breath but I heard his lying ass.

"But why did you come back so soon? Did the cold bother you, ice queen?" I teased, hiding my grin from him as he sends me a glare instead.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU'RE LUCKY I MISSED-" He paused when he realized what he's about to say as his whole face suddenly turned bright red.

We both stared at Scara in confusion but I know we clearly heard him about to say something. "M-My lord, are you okay? Do you feel sick?" Khail asked in worry, leaning closer to the table to examine Scara.

"I-I just missed this... place..? Yeah, it was s-supposed to be my fucking break that's why I came back!" He stuttered in attempt to cover what he was supposed to say earlier. He looks like a tomato with a bowl cut.

Did I hear that right? Was he supposed to say something else? My heart suddenly skipped a beat making me turn towards another direction, neither of us looked at each other.

"Is this a game of who looks away first? I think I lost, I'll just join you two!" Khail says before turning his back on us. Does he even know what's happening or did he hear Scara? 

Why am I so flustered? I might be the only one assuming what he's supposed to say, he must've meant something else. There's no way he... misses me? No, I'm sure it's something else, get your shit together, (Y/N)!

But... I missed him too. Wait, WHAT?!

I senselessly slammed my palms on the flat surface, making them flinch in surprise. "Dear Archons, you two are so red! Is it the hot weather? I'll be right back with some water," Khail's eyes widened and stared at our faces in shock, he then got up and hurried downstairs. Wait, why did he leave? Shit.

My eyes slowly darted to Scara again, who was still facing away from me. I raised my pointing finger and steadily brought it closer to poke the back of his ruby-colored neck now. Wait, am I just mistaken? Is it really just because of the weather? 

I was going to proceed to poke him but he suddenly turned back to me, he looked shocked as I unconsciously slapped my hand with my other hand. "What the fuck did you just-"

"Yes, I just did." I said in a monotone and sat back properly, facing the front. Why did I even do that? I was going to tease him for being a tomato with a bowl cut. 

He fully ignored what just happened and stared in front of too like we're statues, I bet we're just waiting on who will speak first but I sure won't talk until he talks first. 

"Hey-"

"Huh? Who's talking?" I suddenly blurted out, making him shake his head and look at me. 

"Me, what the fuck? Look at me," He grumbled, pinching my arm really hard that it made me hiss in pain. 

I turned my head and furiously furrowed my eyebrows at him, "What the hell? You're hurting me." I massaged my arm and scooted away from him, but he pulled my arm back to sit even closer to him. 

"I'm.. sorry." He mumbled, reaching for my hand. Oh, this is not Scara. 

"It's fine, h-how was Snezhnaya?" I smiled sheepishly, changing the subject.

"Horrible," He simply replied in a monotone, making me regret I asked. Did he mean the region or the event he attended or what? 

"Oh, you wore your suit right?" I asked when it suddenly came to my mind, "Because I forced you to." I grinned teasingly. 

"I'm never wearing that fucking ragged shit again," He crossed his arms grumpily. "...I ruined it."

"Of course you did," I chuckled softly and sighed. 

We became quiet again, I just don't know what to say to him but being with him just brings me this weird comfort and I can't tell what it is. 

"You're... not doing anything today, right?" He suddenly asked, facing me again.

"No," I simply replied, maybe something in me was hoping that we would hang out since I really don't have anything to do today. 

"Oh," He said while fiddling with the ends of his shirt. "Do you-"

"Do you want to go stargazing?" I preceded before he could talk first, remembering what Yoimiya suggested to me earlier.

"Huh? Where the fuck..?" He raised a brow as I got up from my seat.

"S-Stargazing! I know a place where we can see it," I nervously said as he got up too. 

Actually, no I don't. If I recall she only told me there's a mountain beside the Narukami Shrine, I hope she's right.

"Stargazing? The stars aren't fucking rea- Yeah, let's go stargazing." His expression suddenly changed and took my hand.

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

"Are you fucking sure this is the place?" 

We looked up at the top of the mountain then back down at the very bottom where we're at, "Of course this is the place, I said it myself." I confidently smiled and went on the first step on the stairs. 

"...You've never been here before, have you?" He crossed his arms, staring up at me boredly.

"That's why you're here, you'll act as my... danger radar." I pointed to him as if I'm asserting authority over him. 

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He raised a brow, shaking his head as he goes on the steps beside me. "Want to make a bet then?" He smirked, nudging my shoulder with his elbow.

"No, I'm gonna lose anyw-"

"You're just assuming the worst then," He scoffed, covering half of his eyes to look up and spot the peak of the mountain.

"Fine, what's the bet this time?" I sighed, landing my foot on another step ahead of him. Yoimiya didn't even tell me how high this mountain is. 

"Whoever gets to the top first wins," He confidently smirked at me. "You owe me a lot already so I'll go easy on you," He grinned cheekily at me.

"You used your delusion last time so I'm not-"

"Fuck it, I'm going to win again." He declared, running up ahead of me. 

"CHEATER!" I yelled out and caught up to him, I could hear his cheating ass laughing and speeding up since he noticed me catching up to him.

The stairs were getting steep and some of the stepping stones are weirdly placed so I was slowing down, how is he so fast? I huffed and stopped for a little bit on the steady platform I'm standing on.

I turned to the direction of the setting sun and the pretty coral-colored sky, indicating that it was already late afternoon. The breeze gently blew towards me, making me feel less tired from all that climbing. Yoimiya wasn't wrong about this place, it's almost perfect for stargazing, except the part where we have to go all the way up.

"CUCKOO!"

"AHH!" I screamed in shock when I heard the bird chirp so close to ear that I flinched and my heel slipped on the edge of the rock so I lost balance. 

"SHIT!" I gasped when a hand pulled my arm back and made me stand back up on the platform properly, "WHAT THE HELL!? I DIDN'T LOOK FOR FIVE FUCKING SECONDS!" He yelled at me in horror with a mix of worry in his tone, gripping my arms.

I didn't reply and just stared at him with wide eyes, I'm probably shaking right now. That could've been the worst death ever, I don't even want to die yet. 

"You're testing my fucking anxiety level," He clicked his tongue and pulled me up on the platform he's standing on. 

"I-I think I saw the light for a second." I nervously replied, glancing down carefully on the stepping stones.

He shifted his grip from my arm to my hand and never left my side until we reached the top after many, many hardships. That was at least a thousand feet high but Scara didn't look half as tired at all, he looks like he's so used to this. 

I huffed and held on my knees for support when we reached the soil ground on the top of the mountain, "I'm assuming that's my win?" He smirked down at me, still not letting go of my other hand.

"H-How are you.. n-not tired?" I managed to breathe out, blinking my eyes at him tiredly.

"I just told you, this is an everyday thing for me." He shrugged, letting my hand go now and eyed the view of the dark night sky in front of us. I rolled my eyes at him sullenly as he craned his neck to stretch it.

I let out a tired sigh and slowly regained some energy to move a muscle before going beside him, staring at the evening sky too but there was something completely off with it. 

I don't see... the stars

We both stared at the sky with wide eyes, darting from one area to another. There was literally nothing, it was just... a plain night sky with only the moon. 

As if it was a coincidence, we both began moving around to search for the stars but there's still nothing. Did... Yoimiya set us up?

I was standing like caveman spongebob and looked carefully at the sky, I'm sure there's at least one star, just one.

"Pffft, I told you there's no fucking s-stars." I rolled my eyes in annoyance when I heard the balladeer having a great time making fun of me. 

"So you wanna see stars, huh?" I sarcastically cooed at him, raising my fist as a threat.

"No, but yo-"

"We should stop by here, it's getting dark."

We both froze on our spots when we heard people's voices, "What was tha-" I got cut off when Scara suddenly pulled me into the tall thick bushes by the tree with him. 

"We're really high up here, are you sure you want to do it here here?" 

"Yeah, I just want to do it here that's all."

Our backs were faced to them so we couldn't see them, we can only hear their voices. But they sound familiar to me, they must be the shogunates patrolling the outside of the city. 

"Are you sure you want to do it here?"

"Yeah, no one will see us. Are you scared?"

"You're sure no one's here?"

Wait, what is... happening? Are we about to witness something we shouldn't? 

"What the fuck?"Scara whispered to me, covering his mouth. He placed his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him since their voices were starting to sound closer to us. 

"What are they doing?" I whispered back, not even daring to look or move. 

"How the fuck am I supposed to know," He muttered lowly as he covers his mouth. I could smell the sweet and fruity scent coming from him, he smelled like... flowers?

"Dude, stop looking there."

"I'm not even facing you, but shouldn't it be this way?"

We almost burst our laughing from what we were hearing but we covered our mouths, we couldn't tell what was actually happening but I'll just assume it's something... different. 

"Are you absolutely sure tha-"

"How many times do I have to say it?!"

I was starting to tear up from holding my laugh inside so I gripped Scara's sleeve really hard, I could feel him shaking on his spot so he was trying to stop himself from laughing too. 

"Okay, no turning back I guess."

"Hey, don't face me! Turn around!"

"I'm facing the left side from you!"

"But I can still see you!"

"C-Can we g-go..." I breathed out, still composing myself from laughing but I can't hold it in any further if they don't stop talking.

"N-No, they'll... fucking s-see you," He gripped my arm and stayed me in place. He was better at controlling his laughter than I am. If they say another word, I feel like I'm really going to laugh.

"Take it off."

"No, you take it off!"

"It's your turn this time!"

"Does it even matter? Come on, just take them off!"

"W-What the f-fuck..." Scara grunted and gripped my hand tightly, I could feel him trembling from holding his laughter.

"They said the cloth stays on."

"I don't mind."

"What do you me-"

"IT'S ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT, IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME?!"

I lightly punched Scara on the arm and bit my fingers to avoid making a sound, "L-Let's get out of here.. please..." I wheezed and slightly shook his shoulder, feeling impatient now.

"Huh? Did you hear something?"

"I told you let's not do it here!" 

"I fucking told you..." Scara placed his hand over my mouth and his other hand on his.

"But this is the perfect time to do it, it's dark out here." 

"Yeah, but we could just do this tomorrow, this is a very high place."

I don't even know what's happening anymore, I just want to unhear everything I heard this night and hope that this is all a dream.

"Are you kidding me? This will take only a few seconds."

At that moment, we almost laughed our asses off but I can't believe we're still composed up until now. "W-What's a few seconds...?" I whispered in a trembly tone.

"A few seconds? When it was my first time, it took me almost hours!" 

I hugged Scara's arm and repeatedly hit my head on his back repeatedly, he was panting really heavily and I could see his lips trembling. "W-What the fuck is h-happening..?" He breathed out.

"There's a shortcut, just pull this thing below me." 

"Oh, then I'll scream, right?"

"No, I'll make the calling. Come on, just take this thing off me."

"Shit..." Scara rubbed his forehead in irritation and sighed lowly while I squirmed on my spot to stop myself from laughing.

"I just have to insert it in here, right?"

"Just stick it in, then it'll blow up in that bad boy... then boom!"

"This is really hard."

"I CAN'T DO THIS ANYM-" I got cut off when Scara suddenly pulled me back down and covered my mouth, covering his mouth with his arm. We froze on our spots and almost stopped breathing when I realized what I just did.

"W-What was that?" 

"Uh, l-let's go, I don't think it's safe here." 

"I kept telling you since earlier!" 

They argued for a few moments before we heard their footsteps slowly fading, meaning that they finally left. "They're g-gone, right?" We slowly rose from our hiding spot and peered our heads out on the side of the tall bush.

"Y-Yeah, they're fucking gone." He breathed out and exhaled deeply, we stepped out of the bushes and stood back on the dirt ground warily. 

We still looked around cautiously just in case there's other people but it was only us now, the shogunates earlier must be practicing how to fire the Kamuijima cannon. But the way they talk about how to fire it was... weird.

I turned to face Scara and as if we had the same thought, he also turned to face me. It took us a few seconds before we burst out laughing, taking out our pent-up laughter from earlier. We must sound like idiots right now but that didn't matter, it felt good to laugh this hard once in a while.

"There's a shortcut," He mocked the guy from earlier in a deep voice.

"Then I'll scream, right?" I mocked the other guy too, wiping my teary eyes from laughing. 

We kept laughing for a few more minutes before we began to calm down and sat down on the grassy land because of extreme exhaustion, and we needed to catch our breaths.

"Seriously.. what the fuck was that?" He leaned on his hands to support his weight and looked up at the dark night sky. 

"I don't know anymore," I wiped my happy tears, looking up at the sky too. 

The bright round moon lighting down on the smooth lapping cooler seas, swaying the reflection from above with each ebb and flow and breath from the wind, made me feel at rest.

It was a little disappointing that there's no stars when we came here to stargaze in the first place, but at least we were contented just sitting here. But still, I must've disappointed him too.

"I'm sorry w-we didn't really see... stars," I faked a chuckle and scratched my head. 

I looked over to him and got startled a little by his face being illuminating because of the moon light, it highlighted his features more. Is he an angel and a demon at the same time?

"Huh? I am stargazing..." He turned his head and stared at me with a small smile, making me look away in embarrassment and stare in front of me with wide eyes.

Did I punch him too hard earlier? Is that why he's seeing stars? But I'm assuming he's talking about me

"It's always you, huh?" I hear him mumble, staring at the moon. "Everywhere I go, everywhere I look... even just looking at the flowers."

I slowly turned my head to him and raised my eyebrows confusingly, "Huh?"

He took a deep sigh and fiddled with the ends of the grass, "I'll admit that I'm really bat shit crazy when it comes to this... love thing, it makes me want to do anything just to have your smile and your stares all to myself.. this time." 

I swallowed the lump in my throat and hugged my knees, still a little confused on what he's saying.

"I'm in love with you, (Y/N)."

My head suddenly shot up to him as my heart stopped beating for a second, it wasn't noticeable because of the moon light but he's completely red now.. maybe I am too.

"For such a long time now.. losing you was... so fucking difficult, but I took comfort in knowing you were at peace. But you know what? My dearest wish today would be to be reunited with you again like in the same old days. You're my greatest wish, (Y/N)." He reached for my hand and gave me a small smile, even though he was getting teary-eyed.

I blinked my eyes repeatedly and squeezed his hands to make sure I'm not dreaming, I can't lie that I was speechless. Is he saying that... I was the person he once loved?

I wasn't aware of my feelings for him for a long time, I was even denying it for so long. I wanted to be with him just as a close friend but at the same time, I wanted to be with him as... more as well but I didn't think this would happen.

"I don't know what I'd do if I hadn't met you again, everything was so different without you.." He pursed his lips to stop his tears from falling. "I'd rather... die tomorrow than live more years and never meet you... again. I've longed enough for this. I promised you... that I'd never stop waiting and I'd never stop stop loving you.." He sighed deeply and looked down, I could see his chest slightly heaving up and down. 

"You know," I began. "I.. love you too, Kuni." My eyes darted back to his wide glossy ones, he looked taken aback by what I said. "But..."

"But.. what?" He questioned. 

"We're different.. you know that, right?" I sadly smiled down and fiddled with my fingers, I remembered what Yoimiya had told me earlier.

"It all comes back with our differences, huh?" He sighed deeply, getting up from the ground. 

"What I'm saying is, this can be risky for us. Let's stay this way... so we don't get hurt." I got up too and stood in front of him, my voice was trembling now.

He shook his head and huffed, "That doesn't fucking matter when I love you, (Y/N). T-That's not how I want us to be, I want us.. to be more. Be honest with me right now, do you love me or not?" He asked calmly as the tears slowly fell from his eyes.

"I-I do, I love y-"

"Then what's stopping you? Because we're both different? We're supposed to be foes? That's not going to stop me from loving you... what about you, huh?" He shook his head and bit his bottom lip in attempt to stop his tears but it didn't stop. "I can't help it, (Y/N)... Can't you just accept my love? Even if it fucking hurts again, so what? I'm not backing away this time because I-I learned my lesson," He uttered like he's out of breath. 

"Kuni, please.." I just bit my lip and shook my head, noticing that my eyes were also watering now. 

"I waited for so fucking long.. and I never complained, I-I was going to give up everything, (Y/N)." His voice quivered as he shook his head, more tears were falling from his eyes. "You're the only person I've ever loved, I know you're still her and... I want to make things right this time. I-I'll do anything just to show you how much I love you which I fucking regret not doing decades ago.." He reached for my hand and squeezed it a little, I could see his adam's apple moving.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and never kept my eyes off him, is this really fine? I love him too.. was I really the girl he loved in the past? Hearts don't lie after all.

Could that be why I don't feel so lost around him? Was I looking for him the whole time? Like the feeling of longing has vanished whenever I'm with him.

"I want to love you too..." I mumbled, "In that way too, I'm not sure since I don't fully remember anything but I'll try because... I trust you." I put up a small smile to reassure him. 

He didn't reply and just stared at me with wide eyes as if he couldn't believe what I said, "R-Really?"

I smiled widely and decided to tease him a bit, "A-Actually, neverm-"

"Fuck you," He punched my arm lightly and furrowed his eyebrows at me, making me laugh at him. 

"I'm serious.. I love you," I chuckled, punching his arm back.

"No, I do." He corrected, pinching my arm and glaring at me, even though his face is so red. "And... I'm leaving by the way." He said with a small smile, holding my hand now. 

"Huh? Where?" My eyebrows furrowed at him.

"...The fatui," He replied with certainty as if it was obvious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 13.3K 29
โ WOULD YOU HAVE FOLLOWED ME TO THE LEFT OF ELYSIAN? โž As heiress to Teyvat's greatest trading company, you sat at the summit of nobility and wealth...
5.5M 181K 46
As a member of the Fatui military, it is extremely important to follow the rules of your superiors. Betraying them would be similar to a death senten...
9.3K 428 21
โlet it all go. see what staysโž Y/n wasn't expecting to end up in the Fatui, but if fate wanted to land her in the fatui, so be it. Unfortunately, h...
47.3K 1.5K 40
"...im not gonna lie, that was pretty cringe." What happens when an impulsive but also immature person gets chucked into a game that they're in love...