The Just and the Wise

noonereally117

ReaderXEdmund Hello friends! This is a sequel to my first Narnia FanFic "An Unexpected Romance." This story... Еще

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Thank You

Chapter 27

1.7K 35 2
noonereally117

Edmund's POV

I stare desperately at the water, praying that my thoughts don't come to fruition. My heart is beating so loudly in my ears that it completely blocks out the rumblings and shouts of the crew behind me, desperately trying to prepare me for whatever it is that I've thought of.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see one of the jagged rocks sticking out of the water begin to move, and the one behind it does the same, sinking into the black waters.

"Edmund-" Y/n's footsteps approach me from behind until the deck shifts abruptly underneath us, tilting and throwing us all to the ground.

I slide to the opposite side of the ship, where I almost fall onto Lucy. She shrieks as the Dawn Treader rocks back and forth, trying to stabilize itself. The crew begins shouting, and I pull Lucy up immediately after I stand.

"Look!" Caspian points into the water with a wild look on his face, "what is that?"

A deep, grayish-green something moves roughly beside the ship, moving rhythmically above and below the water.

"It's too late," Lord Rhoop begins to panic, "it's too late!"

We all remain starboard, anticipating the creature's reappearance, or at least another knock at the boat. A few crew members begin running around frantically.

"It's gone under the boat! It's under the boat!"

Lucy turns around suddenly, and she grabs my arms tightly as she screams,

"GAEL!"

Almost as if on cue, a monstrous, slimy, greenish gray, slithering sea serpent rises from the water, sending water all over the deck of the ship. A revolting, gargling shriek emits from its gaping mouth, and it's face is covered in tentacle-like horns. Massive fins frame its bony skull, moving to the sounds of its cries.

"Lucy, grab her and get back below deck," I look to my little sister, "now!"

Lu rushes to Gael and grabs her, and Eustace and Reepicheep soar through the air towards the serpent. I step right up to the edge of the ship, my sword drawn and Caspian beside me. Y/n stands just behind me to my left, her sword held at chest level in front of her. Eustace sprays fire at the creature, and it recoils in pain as Eustace sinks his teeth and claws into its head.

"Eustace!" Y/n shouts as the serpent swings its head in an attempt to shake Eustace off.

He bangs into the ship, ripping slats of wood and ropes off the side. The ship's side makes an awful cracking sound, and we all brace ourselves to keep from falling over again. Y/n grabs onto my shoulder to hold steady, and I grab her forearm with my free hand and pull her up so she's standing between Caspian and me.

"Take that!" Reepicheep jumps from Eustace to the serpent and stabs, "and that!"

The creature shrieks wildly, continuing to thrash violently until Eustace loses his grip and is tossed into the air. He recovers and turns back towards the beast but is caught in its mouth and taken under.

"Eustace!" Caspian shouts as we all run to get a better look.

The serpent emerges from the water and slams Eustace's body into a jagged ledge. A cold feeling fills my chest as I find myself fearing for my cousin's life.

Come on, Scrubb, come on.

"No!" Y/n cries out in fear as the beast lunges at Eustace, prepared to kill him.

The dragon musters his strength and breaths a ball of fire into the thing's face, and it pulls back with a vile hiss before diving into the water to extinguish the flames.

"Out, creature!" Lord Rhoop comes from behind us wielding a sword-the sword-and tosses it at Eustace, thinking he's the enemy.

"The sword! The sword!" Caspian attempts to stop him, but it's too late.

Eustace wails as the sword lodges itself in his shoulder.

"Eustace!" Y/n calls to him, waving her arms frantically.

The dragon keeps his eyes on her briefly, bows his head, and flies away.

"Come back!" I yell at him, "Eustace stop!"

Y/n grabs me roughly and spins me so I'm facing her. Her eyes are calm, though her appearance would suggest she's anything but that. Her hair is matted too her face with sweat and water, her lips are slightly blue from the cold air, and there's a slight bruise forming on her cheek from when she hit the deck earlier. Despite all of that, Y/n's eyes are serene. I don't know why, but I feel the same feeling come over me.

"Turn this ship about!" The lord says in his constant panicked tone as he climbs to the quarterdeck and forcibly takes the wheel.

"Someone stop him!" Caspian angrily yells, his voice cracking from the intensity of his shouts.

"Ugh!"

We're tossed off our feet once more as the lord jerks the wheel to the right. Luckily, Drinian pushes him down and takes the wheel from him.

"Aft crew," he commands confidently, "to your rowing positions! Oars at double speed!"

"Aslan, please help us," Y/n's quiet voice whispers a small prayer next to me.

As she does so, a small beam of light comes through the clouds, and a little white bird appears-it's pale feathers in stark contrast to the black sky behind it. I look at the Queen, and she gives me the tiniest hopeful smile. I return the expression.

As Drinian begins to move the ship, the serpent dives in and out of the water towards us. I grip Y/n's shoulder tightly as the waves from the beast's movements shake the boat. I see the serpent coming and throw Y/n and I out of its way, and it leaps over the Dawn Treader, its thick body beginning to wrap tightly around the ship.

Wood cracks, ropes snap, crewmen fall overboard. I feel the tension in the boards creaking underneath me at the serpent tightens its grip, spraying water everywhere as it loops its body twice around the boat.

It's face reappears on one side of the ship, and I begin to try to form a plan in my head.

"Ed! Ed!" Caspian waves to me from the wheel, "we ram the serpent, smash him on the rocks!"

I nod to him and help Y/n up.

"Steer her to port!" I shout back, wiping my face of all the water as rain begins to pour, "I'll keep it on the prow!"

I turn towards the serpent to get its attention, but I stop in my tracks. I realize what I'm about to do, and remember my promise I made to Y/n. I turn and look at her, and her eyes are brimmed with tears though her face is set in an expression of pride and determination. I feel my face soften as I take her face in my hands.

"I know I promised," I begin, but she puts her hands to my face and shakes her head, cutting me off.

"I know," she says, tears falling down her face, "I know."

"If...if I don't make it back, tell Peter and Susan that-"

"Stop," Y/n says firmly, "You're not going to die here. Narnia isn't done with you yet, neither is home, and neither am I. It's not your time."

A smile crosses my lips for a split second, remembering where she first said those words. She was right then; she's right now.

"I love you," I pull her into the strongest hug I can muster, and I feel her cheek press against my neck as her fingers curl up into my hair.

"I love you," she says back before kissing my lips in the most intense yet gentle kiss, "now go."

I bring my palm to her face one last time before sprinting to the front of the ship and climbing the ladder. I slide down the neck of the decorative serpent carved into the Dawn Treader, and I find my torch in my belt. I'm absolutely terrified as I'm all but dangling over the deadly water below, but I keep a straight face because I know Y/n is watching me.

I shine my light at the serpent to get its attention, and the light from my torch is miraculously stronger than it's ever been. It draws the being right to me, and I come face to face with it as it levels itself with me, hissing and growling.

"Try and kill me. Come on!"

I wave my sword at it, begging it to lunge at me.

"Come on! I'm here!"

It inches closer to me, and I see the pure evil in its yellow eyes. It pulls its neck back before aggressively biting down on the head of the wooden serpent I'm sitting it, and I inch backwards away from its gaping jaw. I hear Caspian screaming for me, and k hear a voice that sounds like Lucy's

I told her to stay below where it's safe.

It rips its mouth away with a good amount of the ship, but I remain untouched. I hope my family can see that I'm ok, but I think I'm out of their vision. I pull myself up to the top of what's left of the front of the boat, balancing on the slick wood below me as the ship is jostled by the waves. As I move, I see the archers readying themselves, Lucy one of them with Susan's bow. I feel a sense of pride about my sister, and turn to face the beast.

"I'm still here!"

It shrieks in my face, it's hot breath blowing against me. An arrow lodges itself in the creatures face just under its eye, and I hear Caspian yell.

"Brace yourselves!"

Only then do I realize how close we are to the massive boulder jutting out from the sea, and we crash straight into it, pinning the serpent against the side. I fall from my perch, the serpent's body wrapped around the ship breaking my fall onto the deck. I hit the ground roughly, my eyes closed.

I feel hands on my abdomen and open my eyes to see Y/n with Lucy standing right behind her.

"You're ok," Y/n says repeatedly, and I can't tell if she's telling me or herself.

"I'm ok," I tell her, "Perfect shot, Lu."

Lucy smiles briefly at me when Caspian runs over and drags me up from the ground. We turn towards the serpent's evil cries, and I see it's glowing from the inside out. For a second, I think it's a good thing, but I quickly realize it's quite the opposite. It's abdomen opens wide, exposing its filthy insides to us and rattling its bones. It looks right at me and lunges at me, and Caspian jumps, pushing me out of the way.

He swings his sword, cutting off one of its tiny limbs. As the limb falls, it disintegrates into the mist, and Lucy, Y/n, Caspian, and I look at each other. Our faces all bare the same determined expression.

"We can beat this," Caspian nods to us all.

The beast takes the mast of the ship in its mouth, pulling the Dawn Treader to the side.

"We've got to get it closer," I say standing up and running towards it.

"Edmund!" Y/n calls after me, and I turn to face her as I continue to move towards the serpent, "Don't doubt yourself."

I feel myself overcome with pride and confidence at her words, and I nod and run to grab a swinging rope nearby. I catch it and climb up it to the lookout perch at the top of the ship.

"Ready the harpoons!" Caspian calls as I climb.

I reach the top, and Caspian commands the crew to release them, peppering the open serpent with spears. They pull the thing's head down, and I see my opportunity as it thrashes before me. I grab tightly to the ropes by me to steady myself, when suddenly all goes silent.

"Edmund," her voice is back, echoing in my head, "What are you trying to prove, Edmund? That you're a man? I can make you that. I can make you my king."

Her words cause a twinge of guilt in my chest. I don't fear betraying my family again. I know I would never make that mistake; I fear the guilt that hands over my head and the pain that I caused never being repaired. The Witch's words linger for a moment, but I remember Lucy, Y/n, Caspian, Peter, and Susan. I remember Tumnus, the Beavers, and Trumpkin. I remember Aslan's sacrifice. I remember Narnia. I remember myself.

As the Witch extends her hand, the sword I hold glows bright blue, brighter than anything I have ever seen in my life.

"Do it!" Caspian shrieks from below, and I take my stance facing the serpent.

I look down at Y/n and Lucy one last time before lifting my blade above me. I feel an overwhelming power in my chest, and I brace for impact.

"COME ON!"

I beckon the serpent forward, and before I know it, I'm surrounded by the darkness of the jaws of the beast.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

11.4K 546 38
"How do you keep floating when you feel like sinking?" "If your heart feels heavy, you'd sink. Otherwise, you'd float." ***** [SEQUEL TO THE OFFSPRIN...
165K 3.3K 30
A Reader X Edmund Pevensie FanFic starting in the setting of the film Prince Caspian. This will be an ongoing series! I am open to suggestions and re...
70.9K 2.1K 17
- 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐑 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑑𝑚𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝�...
359K 10.1K 41
In which a witch from Hogwarts gets into the magical world of Narnia and might end up tampering with the plot and the feelings of the characters. ●...