First Wife, First Love.

By Karnavi55

0. Summary. [Arranged Marriages Series 0.5] She is his first wife and soon she turns out to be his first love... More

0. Characters.
1. Arya Malhotra.
2. Vedant Mehra
3. Failed Marriages.
4. Old Friends.
5. Marriage Proposal.
6. First Meeting.
7. Save The Date.
8. So Much Shopping.
9. Happy Moments.
10. Engagement Day.
11. A Piece Of Past.
12. Mehandi & Sangeet.
13. Tied Forever.
14. Considerate Husband.
15. Silly Siblings.
16. Our Name.
17. Hold My Hand.
18. Balancing Relations.
19. A Little Closer.
20. One Kiss At A Time.
21. Good Habit.
22. Starting Somewhere.
23. Rakshabandhan Shock.
24. Insecurities.
25. Truth Unfold.
27. Shocking Applaud.
28. Living With Guilt.
29. BB & NN.
30. Romantic Hubby.
31. Falling For You.
32. All Yours.
33. Extended Honeymoon.
34. Just A Thought.
35. Family Dinner.
36. Little Argument
37. Opening Up.
38. Patching Up.
39. Beautiful Family.
40. Epilogue.
41. Epilogue-2.
Author's Note.

26. New Morning.

12.3K 683 22
By Karnavi55

***Vedant's POV.***

I feel the sunlight in my eyes as I open it and feel a soft, comforting weight on my chest. The weight I missed the day before last night. I take her hand in mine and place a kiss on her palm.

Last night, I told her everything. Everything that weighed down on me for so many years. And after I told her all that, she still looked at me like I was the same person before saying all those things. She didn't feel disgusted by my past. She didn't judge me. She stayed.

I look at the new morning. The morning in which I feel light and no burden on my heart. Then I look at the light of my life, which I don't want to lose anymore. She stretches a little and I tighten my arms around her. She opens her eyes and blinks it twice before looking up at me with a smile.

"Good morning." She says and stretches some more, so I loosen my arms.

"Good morning." I say and tuck her hair behind her ear.

"How do you feel?" She asks.

"Good." I say and my eyes go to her lush lips.

I bend to kiss her, but the next second my face lands on the bed. I open my eyes and look up to see her holding her laugh back.

"I have yet to brush my teeth. Bye." She says and gets into the bathroom.

I lay back on the bed, then get up and go to the common bathroom to brush my teeth. Before my wife leaves the room, I will kiss her. I want to. Mom sees me and I wave at her before going back to my room. She looks at me in confusion.

As soon as I get in our room, I see her back to me as she straightens the bedsheets. After locking the door behind me, I see her go still. I move a little closer to her and put my hands on her waist. I put her hair on one side and nuzzled her neck. Her sweet scent is intoxicating and fills my senses.

Her breath becomes shallow and I like the blush spreading from her face to down to her neck. I kiss her collarbone and turn her around. As soon as I see her lips, I lose control and taste their lushness.

Arya's arms come around my shoulder and dive into my hair while I tighten my arms around her waist and pull her closer. I trace her lips and deepen the kiss. She moans and I wrap one of her legs around my waist as I lay her down on bed and kiss the side of her lips then her cheeks.

I lay kisses down her neck as I open the top buttons of her nightgown. The top of her bosoms are visible. They are lush and soft and blushing. I look up at her and see her looking at me in anticipation. And maybe a little fear too. I kiss her chest where her heart is, then close the button, give a small peck on the lips, then get up.

"I'll get ready." I say with a smile, and she nods, looking anywhere but at me.

I take a cold shower and think about taking a little slow with my wife. We both want this but there is no need to rush these things, especially since my wife is new to all this and she should enjoy every mthis,oment‌.

After I come out and comb my hair, my eyes go to the rakhis around my wrist. I look at them to see their initials on every rakhi. Arya gave it to me last night without saying, or expecting anything. I have yet to give them any gifts in return. I know material things would do nothing. But the emotional one would be more important. I take out the red box from the bottom drawer of my closet.

"Where are you going? Aren't you coming down for breakfast?" Arya asks as I go opposite of the stairs.

"I have something to do." I say, showing the box, and after a second, she nods with a smile and goes down.

I go towards her room and take a deep breath before knocking on her door. I hear the classical music turning down and a ghungroo sound as the footsteps come closer to the door. As the door opens, I hold the box tighter in my grip.

Sea-green eyes look at me with confusion in it and ask, "Yes?"

"I didn't give you the gift for Raksha Bandhan." I say.

"That's okay." She says as she backs away to let me in, in her room.

"No. Actually... I ordered it, and it took time to come. Here." I say and give the box.

"Well, thanks." She says and takes it from me.

"Open it. If you don't like it, I can ask for another piece." I say and she nods.

"Okay." She says and opens the box and gasps.

"What? What happened? Is it not to your liking? You didn't like it? I should have known before buying something as important as this. I should have asked you. I should have-" I ramble on and stop when she interrupts.

"It is perfect. It would go with my costume very well." Mayra says as she admires the head crown of the Bharatanatyam costume.

"It will?" I ask just to be sure.

"Yes. Thank you." She says and I see her eyes shining with tears.

"You're welcome. I have bought gifts for Ramya and Saira too. If you can just send them their gifts, it would be-" I say and she interrupts me.

"I will." She says with a smile.

I nod and start to leave, but then stop. I turn around and say, "I am your big brother, Mayra. I may never have made you feel like that, but I always felt like that. Whatever my reasons were to not look after my little sisters, I don't know whether that reason was right or wrong. But one thing that was wrong was the way I behaved with you all. You all loved and respected me, but I failed to do so in return. I am sorry for that."

"Please don't be. You never tried to be a brother, but you were also never a bad person. You were always there for me or Ramya, and even Saira, too. That is the reason why every year we make rakhi for you because we know, brother or not, you will always protect us and watch over us from far." Mayra says.

I go near her and take her hand in mine and say, "I can not say anything to Mom, but I have decided something for myself. I have always been guilty and ashamed of the way you were treated. I am sorry about that. And I want a chance to make up for it. I hope it is not late for me to be your brother, Mayra. Because having a sister like you would really make me happy. Do you know why?" I ask as tears run down her cheeks.

"Why?" She asks.

"Because you are just like Mom." I say and after a few seconds, she breaks down.

I take her in my arms, and she hugs me tightly and cries her heart out. I hold her and caress her head. I have always been divided between two people whom I loved and respected. And then there is the third person. I can't stay divided anymore. I don't have to anymore. I know it will not be easy. But love never is easy. So I will show what I feel for a person with no fear and would try my best to be there for them. All of them.

"I should leave you to your practice. But make sure not to overdo it. Practice is good, but overdoing it can cause harm to your muscles. Okay." I say after a few minutes, and Mayra nods as she wipes her tears.

"Okay. You can send the gifts to me. I will send them to Ramya and Saira." Mayra says.

"On second thought, I will do it." I say with a smile. After a pat on her head and I head out.

I breathe out when I am out of her room and see Dadu looking at me with a proud look in his eyes. Tears are shining in his eyes, too. He gives a pat on my back and, without another word, goes down.

After breakfast, I kiss my flustered wife goodbye. I was driving towards my office when I changed my mind and took another turn. I enter the Chopra estate and Mrs. Chopra smiles at me politely.

"Can I know the intention of this visit?" She asks cautiously.

"Just to give you this. Actually, it is for Saira. The Raksha Bandhan gift." I say.

"Okay." She says with a smile as the tension leaves her body and she takes the gift from me, "What is it?"

"It is a lab coat. I heard she is studying medicine. I hope that is okay. If you are going to buy one-" I say, but she interrupts me.

"That's nice, Vedant. She would love this gesture very much. When last year we told her everything she was shocked but she has been very accepting of everything. Especially when she came to know that she is not alone and has siblings. She would love to connect with you all if that is okay." She says.

"It would be perfect. Even I want that. Thanks." I say.

She nods and I leave after that. Saira is right now in America. She wants to become a doctor. She is the youngest of us all and is more mature than her age. On the other hand, Ramya is totally different. She is a force of nature. She comes and goes with her chatter. I smile as I think about how she irritated the hell out of Dadi the last time she was here. That was a long time ago when she was just ten. After that, Ms. Kaur moved abroad for a business partnership. I look at the last gift and move towards her event management company.

"It is nice to see you. Are you here with a business proposal? If you are, I am in." She says with a smile. Even though she looks strict and serious, Ms. Kaur has a kind nature.

"Unfortunately, no." I say with a chuckle, "Here."

"What is this?" She asks as she takes the gift from me

"Ramya's Raksha Bandhan gift. It is a coat which Dadu used to wear. She once complained about why only boys get their grandfather's legacy. Dadu gave it to me and I am giving it to her. It is his lucky coat which always made him calm during chaos and helped him make good decisions." I say.

"Then I need it more than her. But obviously she would go mad at me if I even touched it." She says with a chuckle.

"When would she be back?" I ask.

"Why? Missing her questions and comments?" She asks, and I chuckle.

"Actually, I kind of am." I say.

She looks at me with a serene smile and says, "You are changing, Vedant. It is good. I guess my daughter got a good sister-in-law."

"Thanks, I guess." I say, as I don't know what else to say.

"It is good to see you interacting with your sisters, but make sure to look after your Mom too." She says.

"I will, but I want to move on. The man who spoiled our life is long gone, but we are still trapped in the pain he gave us. I want Mom to move on too and accept everything. It would take time, but we have to start somewhere, right?" I ask.

"Right. It is time she moves on. I respect her and someday would like to take her for some Mom's day out." She says.

I chuckle, but I do really want my Mom to move on and live her life. Because when she would move on, she could finally be free of any pain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 154K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
212K 12.9K 49
#1 in NEW on 26/04/24 NOT A ROYAL/BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE BOOK. NO SECOND LEAD SYNDROME. ............................................................ An...
110K 8.5K 64
#Book 2 Because of Nandani's condition Mamta decides to marry off her childrens, and her childrens abide by her decision. She chose her brother's dau...
691K 25.5K 36
Pranit Verma-A successful self-made businessman ,specifically a hoteiler. He runs a chain of hotels in India as well as in some foreign countries. A...