Heritage [JOSIE SALTZMAN]

By -GossipRiley

"Good things take time." Legacies Season 1 - 4 OC x OC Eventual Josie Saltzman x OC Cover by @plutonruins More

INTRODUCTION
PART ONE
I - THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU RUN
AUTHORS NOTE
III - WE'RE BEING PUNKED, PEDRO

II - SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO WATCH THE WORLD BURN

704 23 11
By -GossipRiley

   Mira sighed as she sat on the chair outside Emma Tig's office, waiting for Hope to come out from their meeting. Like predicted, Emma's beacon had picked up on the spell, and it didn't take her long to trace it back to Hope. Not wanting to get her into trouble too, Hope made it clear she wasn't going to mention that Mira had helped, or that the twins had even been in the room when the spell was happening.

   The moment the door opened, Mira pushed to her feet, looking at her cousin who held annoyance in her eyes. "What happened?"

   "The usual lecture." Hope replied, rolling her eyes. "All that matters now is finding Landon."

   "If he's even still there." Mira said warily. "He's had all night to get as far away as possible."

   "It doesn't matter if he's there or in another state." Hope said bluntly and firmly, determination in her eyes. "I'm going to find him."

   Mira held her hands up at that. "I never said you wouldn't. I'm just..." She bit her lip, hesitating on if to even say it or not. "You don't need to--"

   "Mira." Hope cut her off, stopping in her tracks to look at her, crossing her arms over her chest. "I don't need another lecture, okay? You know why I need to do this." She reminded, causing the youngest of the two to yet out a sigh. "I need to know you're on my side about this."

   "You know that I am." She told her softly. "I'd come with to help but..."

   "The game, I know." Hope nodded knowingly. "It's probably better that you don't come. There's no reason for both of us to get in trouble." She squeezed her shoulder. "I'll let you know what happened when I get back." She promised before she left upstairs to get ready.

   Mira pursed her lips as she watched her go, a wary look appearing in her eyes. She knew Landon's betrayal was clouding Hope's judgement, and she dreaded to think what she'd do to try and put right mistakes she had decided were all her fault. After the incident with Roman Sienna two years ago, it had been hard for her cousin to let anyone in like that again, and Landon had helped and ruined any progress like that within the space of one day.

   Pushing those thoughts to the back of her mind, she made her way in the direction of the main entrance, pausing when noticed who was walking inside. "Mom?" She let out in disbelief, as Audrey Mikaelson turned to her with a growing smile.

   "Hey sweetheart--oof!" Audrey chuckled, as Mira didn't hesitate to throw her arms around her mother, hugging her tightly. "Nice to see you too."

   "What are you doing here? Is dad here too?" Mira rambled out as she pulled away.

   "Your father and I were on our way back from visiting Freya and Keelin, so we thought we'd take detour to come watch the game today before we head home." She told her. "We thought we could all get something to eat together beforehand." She raised a brow. "Where's Grace, Elliot, and Hope?"

   "Uh, you just missed Hope." Mira told her. "She's going with Doctor Saltzman to do something for the day." 

   Audrey narrowed her eyes on her daughter, who looked down. "Mira Rey Mikaelson."

   "It's a long story." Mira admitted, biting her lip.

   "Well, then it's a good thing we've got all day for you to explain it to me." She said, in a voice Mira knew meant she wasn't going to let this go easily. "First, however, let's go find your brother and sister, shall we?"

   Grateful for the momentary distraction, Mira nodded eagerly. "This way." She pointed ahead, leading her mom upstairs to the dorm rooms.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   Luckily for Mira, the impromptu family reunion had been cut short by the arrival of the other team for the game, and she had to go join the others on the field. For the time being, she'd escaped having to explain to her parents what had been going on, and she knew Grace and Elliot would keep quiet until they had no other choice. 

   "I didn't know your mom and dad were coming." Lizzie said in surprise, waving happily when she Audrey sat on the bleachers. 

   "Last minute surprise." Mira told her, sending a smile over to her parents. Grace and Elliot grinned waved to the pair, Grace making her comfortable sat on their father's lap, while Elliot had perched himself on their mother's. "They decided to stop by on their way home from New Orleans."

   "Well, at least they're here." Lizzie mused, bitterness in her tone. "Our dad would rather spend day running around the woods with your cousin."

   "Ignore her, she's being melodramatic." Josie informed Mira as she joined them, as Dorian blew the whistle for both teams to line up. "Has she told you our plan?"

   Mira raised a brow and Lizzie smiled at her like the answer was obvious. "Lose." She stated bluntly. "Lose in the most epic fashion to prove to dad we are capable of doing what he asked, and keep the schools secrets protected."

   "Right...remind me again why I agreed to play?" The Mikaelson girl asked with a skeptical look.

   "Because you love us." Lizzie replied sweetly.

   Mira didn't have chance to respond when the referee blew the whistle, signalling for both teams to line up opposite one another. The Saltzman twins and Mira made their way over, soon joined MG, Kaleb, and Theo, and the rest of their team for the annual game. The students of Mystic Falls High looked at the Salvatore students in distaste, smug smiles on Dana and Connors faces like they'd already won, managing to irritate Kaleb without even speaking.

   "Alright, guys." Dorian stood beside the referee, looking between both sets of students. "Let's have a good, clean, entirely uneventful game."

   Connor eyed Kaleb with a smirk. "Like we do every year when we beat your asses down."

   Dorian sent him a look. "Not exactly the spirit, Connor." Connor simply flashed a look of innocence with a shrug, and Dorian clapped his hands as he grabbed a coin. "Alright, call in the air."

   "Tails never fails." Dana spoke up as he flipped it, all eyes watching as it hit the ground.

   Dorian nodded, slightly impressed. "Guess not. Your ball." He nodded to the Timberwolves team. "Shake hands and let's do this."

   While the Stallions tried, the Timberwolves merely walked away, Connor shoving his shoulder into Kaleb as he passed. Immediately, Josie pulled him aside before he could try to retaliate. "Kaleb. Come on, suck it up." She shook her head. "We have to go through this every year, okay?"

   "I was being recruited by D schools before I got here, alright?" Kaleb informed them in annoyance. "I don't lose."

   "Well, this isn't one of those schools." Mira said bluntly, causing the vampire to glare at her slightly. "This is different."

   "She's right." Josie crossed her arms. "So you do lose today, okay?" And neither girl gave him a chance to argue, as they went to get ready to start.

   "You never said your folks were coming." Theo jogged to Mira's side, glancing toward where Elliot and Grace were sat in the crowd. Mira glanced over herself, and could sees her dad's expression morph into one unreadable as he noticed the boy at her side. "That's cool."

   "You might not be saying that later." Mira muttered knowingly, biting her lip to hide a smile as Audrey nudged Elijah with a scolding gaze.

   Theo chuckled as he caught on. "Protective?"

   "Oh, you have no idea, Nelson." Mira patted his shoulder with a sympathetic look, before the pair had to go get into their positions.

   Theo made a face at that, making her snicker slightly from her spot. While Theo knew the stories about her family, just like anyone she trusted did, he didn't completely understand how protective Mikaelsons could be over one another. She didn't want to scare him, either, but she got the sense he'd have a good idea without her help by the time the day was over. 

   The whistle blew and the game began, the crowd cheering for the team they were supporting. Kaleb kicked the ball off, Connor catching it was ease and began to run down the field, as various Stallion players 'tried' to block him and other members of the Timberwolves. He passed the ball over to Dana, who caught it and began to run in the direction he was going in, dodging past MG who fell to the ground. 

   Mira bit down hard on her cheek as Dana passed her, the human girl purposefully making sure he elbow nudged into her side harshly as she went. Lizzie noticed and frowned, the Saltzman and Mikaelson girl exchanging a look as the whistle blew, points going to the Timberwolves. 

   Despite it, both Lizzie and Mira pulled on false smiles as Dana walked toward them, ball still in hand. "Nice moves, Dana." Lizzie nodded to her.

   Dana, however, merely held a smirk as she stood in front of the pair. "I know I'm only supposed to do this in the end zone, but..." She slammed the ball down at their feet, snickering as she walked away to join her team. 

   Josie joined the two as she left, picking some grass out of her hair. "That went well, all things considered."

   "One word." Lizzie stated in annoyance. "One word and I could turn her perky little boobs to ash."

   Mira crossed her arms, trying to hide the look of temptation she held as Josie shook her head, stopping her twin in her tracks. "Hey, but we're not gonna do that today." She reminded her calmly. "Today of all days, right?"

   Lizzie said nothing and walked away, leaving Josie stood watching her with a concern. Mira knew just how much losing today meant to both of them, both of them wanting to prove something to their dad, even with how hard people like Connor and Dana were making it on them. 

   "Today of all days." Mira said determinedly, giving Josie's shoulder a comforting squeeze.

   Josie's lips twitched upwards in a smile. "Thank you."

   Mira's lips did the same. "Always, Jo."

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   The plan was going exactly Lizzie and Josie wanted. Kaleb still wasn't pleased by it, but he appeared to be sucking it up. Until, out of nowhere, MG decided to divert from the plan and managed to score them a goal. He and Kaleb celebrated as the whistle blew in their favor, as Lizzie stared the pair down in disbelief, immediately going to confront the Greasley boy. After that, they tried to get themselves back on track, Josie intentionally dropping a ball Lizzie threw to her so the other team could take it and score. 

   "I might just stick to Wickery." Theo mumbled to Mira as they grabbed their water bottles. "It might be a little less depressing than this."

   "It's what we have to do." Mira gave a small shrug. "But this is why I don't play every year, just when Lizzie and Josie convince me to."

   Theo opened his mouth to reply, pausing when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. "Mira." He said after a moment, causing the girl to raise a brow. "Your dad hasn't stopped glaring at me all game, and it seems to be worse now you're stood with me."

   Mira didn't look at all surprised, and looked toward the bleachers, seeing exactly what Theo was talking about. "Mom." She said with a sigh, Audrey hearing her and giving a nod. Elijah jumped in shock as Audrey slapped his arm, looking at his wife in disbelief, who simply stared him down in return with a warning look. "Thank you!"

   Grace and Elliot snickered as they watched their parents, Theo trying not to smile in amusement as he looked at Mira. However, nothing more could be said as Lizzie called them over for a team huddle, Josie and Mira knowing something was wrong the second they saw the look that was plastered across her face.

   "New plan." The blonde Saltzman announced to their team. "The gloves are off. Let's burn these bitches to the ground."

   Josie's face fell. "Lizzie, no."

   Lizzie just ignored her, seeming now even more determined then she did before. "We're gonna give these townies a taste of what we're really made of."

   She put her hand in the middle, and MG was the first to put his hand in on top of hers. "You can count on my steal." 

   "Ew. Gross." Lizzie made a face at his words.

   Kaleb looked pleased with this change indirection, putting his hand in next with ease. "Hey, I'm with you. All the way." He nodded, as other members of the team also put their hands in, including Theo.

   The only two left hesitating were Mira and Josie, causing Lizzie to look at them. "Come on, Jo, Mi. You're ruining an epic moment here."

   "No, no, this isn't what we talked about." Josie refused.

   "Lizzie, come on." Mira nodded in agreement. "Ignore whatever Dana said. We can get through this."

   "I'm calling an audible." Lizzie told her sister and best friend. "And I need you both to get on board."

   Kaleb, MG, and Theo didn't go against Lizzie as the two girls looked toward them for support, and instead gave them encouraging looks. With a reluctant sigh, Josie nodded to Mira, and both girls put their hands in despite their better judgement. "Break!" And the team split apart to get into their positions.

   The new plan seemed to have everyone much more motivated, as everyone discreetly used their powers to get an advantage over the Timberwolves. MG used his compulsion to get his opponent to trip during kicking off, Lizzie muttering a spell under her breath so Dana dropped the ball when Connor passed it to her. Theo caught the ball and ran down field, using his abilities as a werewolf to jump high and pass the ball over to Kaleb, who jumped over Connor with ease and ran it down to score them a goal.

   This carried on and eventually tied their score with the Timberwolves, both now on thirty-five points each. 

   The second the team got a break to regroup and grab a drink, Josie stalked over to where everyone was gathered on the bench, grabbing the whiteboard Lizzie was using to write on. "What are you doing?" Lizzie asked her in disbelief.

   Josie didn't take her eyes off the board as she wrote. "I'm calling an audible of my own." She replied, holding the board up to show the one word that she'd wrote.

   Lose.

   "Seriously?" Lizzie asked her.

   "I'm dead serious. And you should be to." Josie told her firmly. "Dad told us to lose today for a reason."

   "Well, he ain't here." Kaleb shot back. "So screw that."

   "Yeah, no one would be here if it wasn't for him." Josie told them all seriously, which made them all go rather quiet. "My dad built this school for supernaturals like us, so if we win by flaunting all the things that make us different, we're gonna lose a lot more than a stupid game. We'll lose everything." She stated, before she narrowed her gaze onto her sister. "You really want dad to stop loving us? Keep it up. And if you don't..."

   Lizzie resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she snatched the board back, but didn't say anything as Josie's words sunk in. "She's right, Lizzie." MG broke the silence they'd fallen into. "We got to lose the game."

   Lizzie shot him a glare of annoyance. "I didn't ask for your opinion." She sniped, though didn't say he was wrong either.

   "Or...door number three." Penelope Park piped up, all of them glancing at where she sat at the end of the bench.

   "Oh God." Mira pinched her nose, immediately distrusting anything she was about to say.

   "Okay, we definitely didn't ask for your opinion." Josie said quickly, shaking her head toward her ex-girlfriend. "And how on earth do you always do that?" She looked toward the others as Penelope smirked slightly at her frustration. "It's like she appears out of smoke."

   "Hold up, hold up." Kaleb looked toward the Park witch. "What's door number three?"

   "You win, without any of your supernatural special sauce." Penelope told them like it was obvious. "Fair and square."

   "Yeah, but we're legitimately terrible." Josie pointed out.

   "No, we used to be terrible." Lizzie spoke thoughtfully at the idea. "But Kaleb's new this year."

   "So am I. I can help us win, too." MG added on, but Lizzie just gave him a skeptical look. "Yo, I caught that pass earlier." He defended.

   "Yeah, but you cheated." Josie countered. "You used your powers."

   "No, I didn't. I'm..." MG rambled out sheepishly as he looked at everyone. "I'm scrappy like that."

   "Good for you, Scrappy-doo." Theo patted his shoulder.

   "Good idea, Satan." Lizzie looked toward Penelope. "But to be clear, you can't have my immortal soul." She said snarkily, but Penelope simply blew her a mocking kiss in return. "Fair and square. Let's do this."

   But as everyone moved to the field to come up with their play, Josie still didn't look pleased, shooting Penelope a flat look as she followed them. While she wouldn't admit it out loud, with the way everything was going with this game, Mira was beginning to wish she had bailed and went with Hope to track down Landon. 

   For the last play of the game, they came up with a play they hoped would be foolproof, as this was their only chance to win. When Lizzie threw the ball, everyone other than Josie and Mira went long, as Lizzie didn't trust either of them to not miss catching the ball on purpose. When Dana went to tackle Lizzie, Josie moved and tackled Dana to the ground to stop her, as everyone else was focused on the ball flying toward Kaleb's open hands.

   Mira's eyes glanced between both Lizzie and Josie, knowing both of them wanting a different outcome. The more she glanced at Josie, the more she knew everything she'd been saying all day was right, and she let out a sigh.

   This was going to cause her some grief later, but it would be worth it in the end. 

   Seeing no one watching her, she discreetly moved her hand at her side, muttering a spell quietly as Kaleb jumped to the grab the ball. The spell worked and it bounced of his hands, hitting the ground as the whistle blew, sending the Timberwolves to erupt into cheers as they knew they'd won. 

   As everyone else looked confused, Josie's eyes met with Mira's, who sent her a discreet wink.

   Both teams lined up to shake hands with every player after that, and it was safe to say everyone's moods had fallen. None more so than Lizzie, but they were getting through it. Until, of course, Josie came up to Dana in the line.

   "Good game." Josie congratulated her politely.

   Dana still wasn't willing to play nice. "Suck it, loser."

   Lizzie's temper broke, and swung her fist across Dana's face before anyone could stop her. "Not now, Dana!" She snapped, as both Kaleb and Theo tried to hold her back the best that they could.

   Dana, unwilling to just walk away, went for Lizzie and all chaos ensued on the field as a mass fight broke out between both teams. "Lizzie!" Mira and Josie tried to get themselves between her and Dana, as the Dorian and the other coaches tried to get control of the situation.

   However, when Dana glared at Mira for getting her way and took a swing at her, Mira didn't hold back her own punches as she hit the girl in the eye. "Want to try that again?" The Mikaelson girl challenged her fiercely, taking a step closer as Dana seethed angrily. "Walk away."

   And over on the bleachers, all Audrey and Elijah could do was look at one another at a loss of what to do, both of them keeping Grace and Elliot firmly on their laps to stop them from running to join in.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   The fight had gotten everyone into trouble, Dorian made that clear to all of the students when everything had calmed down, and Doctor Saltzman would be deciding upon their punishment. Lizzie and Josie had tried to go straight to their room when they got back, but Audrey wasn't letting them or Mira sneak off anywhere, sitting them down on the chairs in front of the office to take a look at their injuries. 

   Lizzie was the only one really hurt out of the three, and was going to be sporting a black eye for a few days. With an ice pack to use on it, it was only then that Audrey let the two head up to bed, leaving Mira alone with her parents.

   Grace and Elliot had both already gone up to their rooms, deciding not to stick around for any lecture they were sure their parents were preparing.  However, that didn't seem to be the case, and Mira didn't know if the lack of a lecture was a good or bad thing. When Audrey saw Alaric was back, she left Elijah with Mira as she went to talk to Alaric about this fight and whatever he'd had Hope doing all day.

   "Kol or Rebekah?" Elijah asked, as the father and daughter went to find Hope, who'd somehow gone back to her room without being seen. Mira glanced at her dad in confusion, who just raised a brow at her. "Which one of them taught you that swing?"

   Mira bit her lip. "Rebekah."

   "Hmm." He hummed with a nod, pausing in his step for a moment. "Should your mother ask...you know now to never do that again, no matter how much someone is trying to antagonize you and your friends." He told her firmly, and she quickly nodded. "But between you and I..." He then continued, his tone softening. "The way you stuck up for your friends today is honorable."

   A small smile appeared on Mira's face. "You're not mad like mom?"

   Elijah couldn't help but chuckle slightly. "Your mother isn't mad. However, she doesn't want to admit she'd have done the same thing for someone she cares about and encourage the behavior." He told her knowingly, as they approach Hope's door. "Again, don't--"

   "Tell her you said that?" Mira cut him off knowingly. "Your secret is safe with me, dad."

   "That's my girl." Elijah kissed the top of her head, before he cleared his throat and knocked on the door. "Hope?"

   Mira didn't wait for an answer and opened the door as she normally would, both of them looking concerned when they found Hope sat on the end of her bed, tears clouding her eyes as she looked at the pictures lining her dresser. Her eyes specifically on all the pictures that he dad was in.

   Mira said nothing and moved to sit at her cousins side, pulling her into her arms for a tight hug. Elijah opened his mouth to question what had happened, but as he saw the state his niece was in, he decided against it for the moment. He simply walked over to comfort her, leaving all questions for later on.

   But rest assured, when he did eventually learn what had happened, Alaric had a lot to answer for.

I'm sorry this chapter had taken over a year. I have no excuse but I'm going to be writing more consistently now. 

Mira and Josie are becoming a very fun slow burn to write, Mira's friendship with both her and Lizzie is everything. Hope and Mira are very much the next Klaus and Elijah with their close bond, which you're going to see more of in future chapters. Also, we got a visit from Audrey and Elijah, who will be popping up every so often throughout the different episodes. 

They're the best parents and you can't convince me otherwise. You can imagine the 'talk' they both had with Alaric when they learned what he said to Hope this episode. He doesn't get to treat any Mikaelson children like that and get away with it.

I hope you all enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.8K 73
ᴄᴏᴍᴀᴛᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴇxᴘᴏꜱᴇᴅ, ɴᴇᴡ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪꜱ ꜱᴘɪʟʟᴇᴅ. ʟᴜᴄɪꜰᴇʀ'ꜱ ꜱᴏɴ ʜᴀꜱ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴀꜱᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴀꜱᴋ ᴏɴʟʏ, ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪʙʀɪᴅ ᴀ...
75.9K 2.3K 42
Hope and josie are dating, when hope ask josie to choose between her and josie's best friend, what happens when josie soon find out something that sh...
225K 8K 54
♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ COMPLETED In which Mazikeen Saltzman learns that she isn't a Saltzman at all, and that she's actually the daughter of two complete psychopa...
21K 1K 29
*Does not follow the Legacies plot* ⚠️Hope G!P Hope and Josie seem to not get a long, a change of event might change that... ~Best Rankings~ #1 josie...