Just A Soulmate

By BlueInk_xoxo

' What's a soulmate dad ? ' " It's someone you have been missing from the beginning but you didn't know you w... More

Copyright
Γ— Back Story Γ—
+Character Description+
Β± Playlist Β±
<002>
<003>
<004>
<005>
<006>
<007>
<008>
<009>
<010>
<011>
<012>
<013>
<014>
<015>
<016>
<017>
<018>
<019>
<020>
<021>
<022>
<023>
<024>
<025>
<026>
<027>
<028>
<029>
<030>
<031>
<032>
<033>
<034>
<035>
<036>
<037>
<038>
<039>
<040>
<041>
<042>
<043>
Epilogue
<44>
<45>

<001>

4.8K 99 1
By BlueInk_xoxo

" We are going to land on the Seoul International Airport soon , flight attendants please prepare everyone . "
And the non-smoking signs started blinking .
" Everyone please tie up your seat belts "
One of the flight attendants spoke out .
I looked out of the window , it was night time . The Seoul's city light was glowing like little stars in the huge dark sky . It was a marvelous view .

" Madam please tie up your seat belt " one of the air hostess voiced out clearly irrigated with my lack of presence but still sounding sweet and polite . " Yes , I apologize " I replied back with a small embarrassed smile . She just smiled and walk away . Their job must suck I thought remembering about the little incident that happened in this long flight . A preteen boy pressed the help button shamelessly every five minutes . His mother just watched the scene unfolding in front of her eyes . At last the pilot got involved then only it did stop .

Waiting for the luggage to come bored me out of my mind . I didn't come from California with a lot just one backpack and a suitcase . A few documents and some piece of clothing material nothing more .
There it is ! A banana green bag in the ocean of blacks and blues .
I extended my hand to collect my green bean then suddenly someone crashed into me almost making me fall on my butt .
I looked up to find green eyes staring back at me apologetically . The stranger would
at least be 6'1 feet tall , considering that I have to look up at him being 5'8 feet tall myself . And he was certainly not a Korean .
" I'm really sorry I was in a rush -" ." Don't worry , it's okay " I responded back with a small smile and walked off to the parking lot .

And as promised my dear cousin Haul and his soulmate , well now his wife Jeena was waiting for me . Jeena noticed my presence first and rushed towards me the moment she saw me . Engulfing me in a big bear hug . Soon Haul joined us . Jeena to me is like an elder sister I never had . Being the only child was many a times quite lonely .
After Haul introduced us to his soulmate Jeena even my life changed a lot , in a good way . My parents had me in their late 40s .
Perks of it you get loads and loads of love and care . So many gifts on birthdays , all the things you want will be given to you . My late parents never once even scolded me . For them I was their whole galaxy .
But disadvantages , you don't get to spend a lot of time with them . They won't see you  getting married and have kids . Their dreams of playing with their grandchildren will remain a dream only . It was the case with me too . My father died 10 months ago and mother followed her soulmate soon after that . She wanted me to return back to Seoul , her homeland . Where she was raised , where she found her soulmate , where she got me . To her Seoul was like a paradise on earth . So I obliged and came here . Nonetheless most of my family members are here .

" You have gotten thin Ann " Haul spoke out breaking me from my chain of thoughts .
" The last few days were quite hectic and busy . Shifting is a bitch man " My usual habit of abusing non-living things . Both of them just laughed . " Don't worry we will feed her . Now let's go mom must be waiting for us " Jeena said checking her watch . I followed her and got into the backseat .

" So Cullen how life has been ? "
  Haul asked . " Nothing much actually "
" And what about the kids at university ? Weren't they sad that their favourite professor is leaving ? " He further enquired
" They will be fine Haul . They were a little sad about it " I still am a little unhappy about it . Myself being a student there and then teaching there , I have been at Stanford University for a long time . So it was quite hard leaving California for me .
" You know mom cooked a variety of dishes for you and is eagerly waiting for your arrival " Jeena said trying to brighten up my mood . I hummed along .

Resting my head along the window I watched the street lights pass by . It felt nostalgic . The last time I was here with my parents but they aren't here anymore . Sighing softly I closed my eyes instead of thinking about their absence I focused on the people seating in front of me . My dear family . People are bound to leave one day and dwelling upon their death won't get me anywhere and they won't be happy about it either .

" Hey Jeena wanna go shopping tomorrow?" I asked , she must have been shocked about my sudden change in mood but didn't question about it .
" Damn Yes! " She replied excited about our day ahead . " Aren't you coming Haul ? " She further asked her husband .
" Hell no , shopping with you guys is taking 50 rounds of the mall to find out that one perfect dress which you will criticize later on  and I don't want to have numb feet and ears after that " . Haul responded exaggerating . " Oh really ! Then I'm taking your card to buy that one perfect dress my darling " .
And they bickered on like some immature teen couples . Things haven't changed a bit . They are still the same Haul and Jeena I knew. I laughed recalling the sweet old memories . I finally felt happy and tranquil after a long time .

____________________________________

Stay happy and healthy  :-P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 18K 71
THIS STORY HAS A NEW VERSION PUBLISHED ON MY PROFILE (currently unpublished) (don't expect top quality from this one 😭) BTS X READER - SOULMATE AU βœ”...
49.7K 1.5K 20
Soulmate is someone who can be said as your other half....The one when passes by or is just near you gives you butterflies and shivers down your spin...
723K 33.4K 122
In the world of soulmates, perhaps Daun is the only one who does not expect for any soulmate to come. She doesn't have the soul marks that everyone s...