The Lily and The Sword (Conra...

Da Lazy_Rain

After being sucked into an unknown world, Rina Shibuya, doing her best to protect her little brother comes to... Altro

The Beginning
First Impressions
The Unfair Duel/"I will become your Demon King!".
The Coronation/ Yuri The Demon King
The Pirate Attack
"It Bit Me!"/"What's wrong with a toothless dog?".
The Shrine Maiden, Ulrike/ The Attempted Kidnapping
The Kidnapping
The Great Escape
The Elopers and The Sand Bear
Celi's Getting Married?!
I See The Light
The Great One and Julia
Conrart's Arm
Shimaron/ "Do you want to kill Julia?!"
Your Name is Demon King
For Our Bonds

Günter vs. Conrad

100 3 1
Da Lazy_Rain

After leaving Caloria, I took my time thinking over Conrart's actions and what was the cause of them, I even had conversations with Julia about the situation, and in every conversation, it sounded like Julia was breaking down her resolve.

Julia, I don't understand it but I wish I could...

It's not Conrart's fault, Rina...

I am under the impression that the Great One is behind all this...

I wish I had the power to tell you, my dear Rina...

That means yes...

I started to tear up as I was washing dishes in the sink thinking about how alone Conrart must be feeling. We finally return to continue our mission of retrieving the boxes that contained the Originators. Gwendal was so apologetic for what Conrart had done, that he even begged Yuri to receive Conrart's punishment not as the charge of Yuri's security but as Conrart's brother. Yuri kept insisting that it wasn't his fault and that he holds no blame for anyone.
But Gwendal still insisted he take the blame, his head hanging low in shame. I shook my head with a sigh then I looked at Yuri and gestured to Gwendal as if to ask, 'may I?'.
Yuri nodded with a small smile, I stepped in front of Yuri and held my hand out to the older brother.

"Gwendal, please get up".

He looked up at me and I just smiled at him warmly, "no one is to blame, now stand up. You're head of House von Voltaire, for goodness sake".

Gwendal looked at me with wide eyes, his eyes seem to be searching for some sort of explanation for my unwarranted kindness, after a moment he composed himself and took my hand to stand up.
I smiled more brightly, giving his hand a gentle squeeze before I let go and patted his shoulder, "that's better, I'm far too used to you towering over me like this. Now back to business!".

I was trying to be positive, too much the group's confusion but I was trying to be strong and hold what pieces of my heart I have left together.
We learned that the second box was in the country of Francia after hearing rumors that seemed to be confirmed from Yozak's special sources.
We made our way to Cavalcade, one of the few countries that can do business with Francia. An envoy, Mr. Heathcrife, would be joining us. When we reached land, I was gently rubbing Wolfram on the back as he was hurling chunks into the sea.

"Honestly Wolfram, you're too delicate" Celi commented, "you need to toughen up if you expect girls to like you".

"How about next time we put a pickled plum on his naval, that should do the trick" Murata suggested.

"I doubt they have pickled plums in this world" Yuri replied, matter-of-factly.

"There, there Wolfram. Do you want me to find some bread and honey, it seemed to help last time?" I asked tenderly as I stroked his back.

"Did that work Rina?", Celi asked curiously, "when was this?".

"When we were on our way to retrieve Morgiph", I replied, smiling more up at her.

Celi stood there thinking for a moment before a bright light twinkled in her eyes to indicate she had come up with an outrageous idea.

"Say, Rina, why don't you marry Wolfram instead?" Celi proposed to me, "you both would make a beautiful couple and I could have such an intelligent and beautiful daughter-in-law".

"Mother!" Wolfram cried before spewing more of his guts into the sea but I could just about see a like pink on his cheeks.

My smile turned a bit sheepish but jokingly played along, "Celi, I wouldn't dare. He's engaged to my brother".

"How can you be smiling like that over such a suggestion?", Wolfram growled.

I looked down at Wolfram and he seemed to be grimacing in annoyance and green from sea sickness as he glance up at me.

I just smiled menacingly then shoved his head down into the sea, "oh dear Wolfram, be careful not to fall into the sea", I passive-aggressively kept his head under the water while he flailed around for a bit.

"Please excuse my son's bluntness", Celi said disappointedly.

"Rina, cut it out. We don't have time for this!" Yuri exclaimed.

I turned and glared at my little brother causing Yuri to flinch along with Murada. Quickly, I let go of Wolfram and smiled again as I stood up when our envoy arrived he started to introduce himself.

"Mr. Heathcrife, it's good to see you again!", I waved happily as I walked over to greet him properly.

"Mr. Baldy- I mean Mr. Heathcrife!" Yuri stammered, "are you the envoy?".

"Indeed I am, King Yuri".

"Hello, your majesty" Beatrice greeted politely.

"Beatrice, good to see you. How have you been?" Yuri greeted back.

"I'm doing very well, thank you. Has his majesties' dancing improved?" She replied.

Yuri laughed sheepishly, "haha, maybe just a little".

"Liar" Wolfram mumbled before throwing up again into the sea.

"Hey~".

I couldn't wait to be acquainted with her again so I waved happily at her, "Beatrice, hello!"

"Hello, Rina!".

"Beatrice, mind your manners" her father exclaimed, "address Lady Rina properly".

I smiled, "it's quite alright, Mr . Heathcrife. I prefer Beatrice to address me in whatever way she feels comfortable", I turned my attention back to Beatrice as I was pulling something out of my pocket, "I've got something special for you, Beatrice".

"For me", the little girl tilted her head slightly in confusion, "what is it?".

I knelt in front of her with a smile, "but first I need you to promise me that what I'm about to do you'll keep a secret because this is the first time I've done this for anyone".

Beatrice's face brightened up excitedly, "I promise".

"Ok then, now you have to close your eyes and hold out your hands".

Beatrice looked at me confused, tilting her head to the side but did what I asked, I grinned as I careful took out a small cherry tree in a pouch of soil and placed it in her hands.
Beatrice smiled at the flower then I handed it to her.

"I grew this for you with my special magic, make sure to plant it and give it plenty of water when you get home so it can continue growing", I smiled putting my finger to my lips in a shushing motion.

"Oh my, thank you very much, Rina" Beatrice's smile grew even more as she admired the flower, "it's so pretty".

"Thank you Lady Rina, you've made my daughter very happy" Heathcrife thanked with a warm smile.

I giggled a little as I stood up, "it was a pleasure".

Heathcrife gestured to the carriage, "now then, shall we be off".

After travelling to see the King of Cavalcade to discuss the alliance, we made our way to Francia, leaving Celi, Gwendal, Heathcrife and Beatrice. The next day we were in Francia, where we met up with Yozak, everyone had already put on their disguises.
Yuri and Murata looking like a pair of locals, the guys were wearing cloaks while I was wearing a shawl to cover my face and eyes.
We were discussing about the King of this country, Antoine Jean Pierre, as we walked.
He sounded like a recluse who avoided meeting anyone he didn't trust.

"How can we get in if the wimp won't come out?" Wolfram asked annoyed.

"We'll talk with him. We have to resolve this matter peacefully or it will risk destroying the new Demon Kingdom Alliance" Yuri replied calmly.

"Correct, we can't afford making rash decisions" Günter interjected.

"And that is also precisely why we're dressed up like this" Murada added.

"For that?!" Wolfram exclaimed in annoyance.

"Your excellency" Yozak whisper to Günter.

I turned to Günter to see the shock on his face, it was clear that Yozak knew Conrart was here.

Later that day, Yuri and Murata were eating dinner with Hube and Wolfram. I managed to slip away and follow Günter and Yozak to a deserted street where they met up with Conrart. I hid behind a pillar listening in. The fire in Günter's eyes was alarming as I watched the stand off.

"Why do you wear that uniform?" Günter questioned angrily, "answer me Conrart!".

I flinched when Günter raised his voice for the first time I've known him, covering my hands over my ears to drown out some of the yelling.
Conrart said nothing.

"Do you know how many students I have lost in the war, I can't believe I'm to lose another. How do you have the nerve to show your face after what you've done to His Highness and Miss Rina?!" Günter continued, "breaking their hearts by a man they were supposed to trust, what has driven you to become like this?".

I looked down at my feet and heaved a quiet sigh as I listened to him. I admit he almost broke Yuri's trust in him but he didn't break mine.

"Esspecially with how close you were with Miss Rina...".

I grew bright red and without thinking jumped out screaming, "Günter, you're getting too personal here!".

Conrart, Yozak and Günter looked at me with wide eyes, knowing that I caught them doing something they shouldn't.

"Miss Rina, what are you doing here?" Günter asked worriedly.

"I have sharp ears, I knew that Conrart was here the moment Yozak opened his mouth. It surprised me that Yuri didn't notice, you made it so obvious" I replied, walking out from my hiding spot, "Günter, you realise if Yuri found out about this, he would be none too happy with you".

"It is for His Majesty that I am doing this".

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Günter, I believe this is a personal vendetta esspecially since you chose to bring Yozak with you, Conrart's closest friend".

Günter was taken aback then looked ashamed before bowing his head, I crossed my arms and sighed disappointedly, "Men and their swords, men and their pride", I chimed, "And we wonder why things never get resolved, it didn't work at Stoffel's and it won't work now".

I looked at Conrart, he looked so lonely, I smiled warmly, making him gasp a little, "I believe that Conrart has a mission that he swore to secrecy and we shouldn't push him to tell. What ever mission he was given it was for Yuri", I looked at Günter and Yozak, "it's just like how you went behind Yuri's back to come here now. You don't have the right to judge Conrart".

"Did the Great One tell you that?" Günter asked sternly, "Or perhaps Miss Suzanna Julia".

"They refuse to divulge that information", I replied matter-of-factly, "which only strengthens my resolve that this is a secret mission that we should not get involved with".

Yozak looked impressed and almost stunned as  folded his arms, Günter looked even more ashamed if that were even possible. Conrart stayed emotionless, clenching his jaw.

"But I heard that he turned his sword on His Majesty in the Big Shimaron Tornament, is that not true?", Günter piped up.

I bit my lip as I couldn't deny that he did do that but I knew better than believe that Conrart would have killed Yuri, "that doesn't mean he would have killed him, he had to make the enemy believe that he is on their side and what better way than to strike at the rival countries king".

The whole area fell silent, Günter didn't look convinced and it showed, he looked to Yozak who didn't like what he was expected to do.
Before I could move, Yozak had restrained me in his arms, the two ex solider's were going to fight.

"No, don't do this!", I cried struggling to get free, "Yozak, let me go!".

My pleas were deafened as the teacher and student fought in front of me. My heart was breaking and I didn't know how much longer I could bare it.

"Please, this isn't right, please listen to me...this is too much", my eyes were brimming with tears.

"I'm sorry that it has to be this way, Miss Rina" Yozak apologised sincerely.

I watched with a heavy heart as the two men fought, the clanging of their blades colliding hurt as if I was being injured by them.

"Stop Günter, I don't want to cause grief" Conrart pleaded, insistently, "I don't want to hurt Rina... or His Majesty".

"Why should I believe in what you're saying?", the silver haired man asked angrily.

"Don't you understand yet?", Conrart replied, "your sword has never even known the field of battle".

Günter looked slightly discouraged but it only seemed to make him angrier, I bit my lip with anxiety.

"You don't stand a chance", Conrart stated clearly, "I've killed in battle, while you've never even had blood on your hands".

"My fighting prowess with be revealed when my sword meets with your flesh!" Günter roared as he lunged at Conrart.

CLANG!

The two men grunted as they managed to pass each other by but not without Conrart's blood slowly streaming down the side of his face, making me gasp.

"Conrart!", I leapt forward but Yozak held me back, "Günter please, leave him alone. Yozak, let me go!".

"You can't jump in the middle of a sword fight like that!" Yozak exclaimed worriedly.

"I don't care, this isn't right", I cried, "you're all so quick to pull out your swords over the littlest things, it's so stupid. Throw away your god damn pride for once!".

The two men, however, didn't heed my words and continued to fight, scratching each other up like a couple of animals. It hurt to see them like this.
Conrart looked like he was getting tired.
Suddenly he kicked some dirt in Günter's face and cut a rope that held a huge pile of logs causing them to roll over, obstructing Günter's way.
Making it possible for Conrart to make a run for it.
Günter started to chase after him with Yozak, carrying me, behind him.

"Run! Conrart, run!", I cried out.

It wasn't long Conrart managed to jump on a passing boat and got away.
Watching him drift away like that clung on my heart strings so tightly.

Did I do something wrong in my life to be in so much pain...?

Turns out Yuri had eventually figured out what the guys were doing and forgave Günter for what he tried to do, I for one was furious as we made our way to the King of Francia.
Mumbling curses in Günter's direction, we walked through the front gate. Our plan seeming more and more stupid by the second.
When we were in front of King Antoine himself, he seemed like a scared man child as he tripped over his own feet and demanded childishly what he thought we brought him.
When Yuri was about to explain what we actually were doing here, a young girl with short hair jumped up in a defensive position, she was so angry that she even dared casually talk to her King like she was the ruler of the country.

"I'm sorry Lyla, please don't be mad at me" the King pleaded innocently.

The young girl, Lyla, pulled out her daggers and lunged at Yuri, I stepped in front of my brother and used my sword to block her attack.

I glared menacingly and exclaimed darkly, "I am in no mood to be fighting let alone a ninja wannabe, so how about you put them knives away or regret the day you came across me".

"I'll put my 'knives' away when you and your group leave this country and never come back" the girl demanded, threateningly.

She started to attack again and again, I was in no mood to be threatened by a high-school ninja girl as I countered her attacks eventually knocking her knives out of her hands.
In all the commotion Yuri fell over, his turban and glasses fell over revealing them.
Everyone gasped even the King and the girl kneeled nervously before them once they knew who Yuri and even Murada was.
I sighed inwardly, gripping my sword tighter with one hand and pulling my shawl off my head with the other making sure Lyla knew who was superior.
She tried to glare at me, I coldly glared back causing her to shudder.
They agreed to give us the box after thinking up a cover story to tell Big Shimaron so they wouldn't get into trouble, it was so cowardly.
We followed the King to the vault expecting to see the box waiting for us, instead we were met with...

NOTHING?!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

43.7K 477 20
You are the Brother of Keyblader Warrior Sora and like him, you joined with him and your Girlfriend Xion to repair the world's. But when they go thro...
1.3K 77 15
Note-* I can never remember how old everyone is. So all characters have been aged up. Except for Shura who has been aged down a bit. " Warning Lemons...
220K 9K 32
(Y/n) (L/n), a girl who has suffered from a past of nothing but tragedy and little hope for a brighter future, followed a dear friend to a school hel...
448K 13.7K 35
After being asked to leave Shiratorizawa (cough, cough expelled) for various reasons, y/n set her heart on Karasuno. She wasn't what anyone was expec...