20 Feet { Blarry }

By harrypotter487392

I do not own this story - owned by Twosexy Slytherins where it has unfortunetly been taken down from almost e... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 15
Chapter 16 - Last chapter

chapter 14

3K 77 14
By harrypotter487392

Harry slipped as silently as possible into the Slytherin common room, making his way invisibly up to the dorm room Blaise shared with Draco. He'd spent the last two hours talking to Severus about everything: Dumbledore's impending death, Sirius' rescue, the Malfoys, the horcruxes, and he just felt completely, emotionally and mentally, rung out. He felt like the Dursely's tele during a storm, all filled up with senseless white noise. Somehow he needed to press the reset button on his brain, so he could recharge and not feel so overwhelmed because even with Severus' reassurance Harry still felt dazed. There were so many things that needed to get done, and they were preparing for them, but as of yet had no real results for anything. It was a little disheartening; it felt like everything was about to converge at the same time, and Harry wasn't sure how he was meant to weather it all. He slipped off his clothes as quietly as possible and dropped them soundlessly into Blaise's open trunk. In only his boxers, he slipped between the curtains surrounding Blaise's bed.

"Harry?" Blaise's tired voice sounded.

"Hey, it's me. You can go back to sleep; I didn't mean to wake you," Harry whispered, sliding under the covers. Blaise yawned and stretched and sat up, "No, it is okay. I was not really sleeping, just dozing off." Harry nodded although he wasn't sure if Blaise could see him. There was very little light filtering through the curtains. Blaise reached up and felt around for Harry, pulling the boy into his body and running a hand through his hair as they settled together against the pillows. "What did Professor Snape say to you? Do you want to talk about it some more?" Even though he couldn't see him well in the darkness and without his glasses, Harry looked up at Blaise beseechingly,

"No, I don't want to talk about any of it anymore tonight. I- I just want..." he voice trailed off as he bit his lip. "I just need everything to stop...for just a moment," he whispered into the darkness, running his hands down Blaise's skin wherever he could reach. Blaise stopped moving and held his breath. He knew where their relationship was headed, and he wanted Harry so badly, but he still wasn't sure if the Gryffindor was ready. They hadn't spoken about it, and Blaise didn't want to inadvertently scare him away or hurt him. He stilled Harry's wandering hands,

"Harry-"

"Please," Harry pleaded, kissing Blaise's fingertips. He could think of so many reasons why they needed to do this. They needed to make the bond stronger to hopefully better protect him when he went to retrieve Sirius, to relieve the tension on the bond that struck them at odd moments, to help them both forget for a moment about all of the burdens they had to carry, but most importantly they needed to do this because they both wanted to. Blaise moved so quickly Harry could hardly follow his motion, and subsequently he was slightly disoriented to find himself beneath Blaise and pressed down into the bed. Harry's breath caught as Blaise began licking and nipping at his neck. With a groan, he arched his back to give the Slytherin more room to kiss down the column of his neck. "Whatever you want, Harry," Blaise murmured against his Gryffindor's soft, smooth skin.

He couldn't get enough of his taste. "You can have whatever you want." Harry pressed his hands against Blaise's shoulders, clawing at his skin with blunt nails. His brain was scrambling as Blaise worked his way down his body, playing it like a fine tuned fiddle. His fingers left trails of fire down Harry's skin, and his lips left oversensitive bone-chilling goose bumps in their wake. He felt completely overwhelmed in the best, toe-curling way possible. "Blaise." His name was like a gift to Blaise's ears as Harry undulated below him. He sat back and reached for his wand, casting a low light charm. The spell poured dim light over Harry. The sight nearly took the Slytherin's breath away. Harry had discarded his glasses long ago; his heavily lidded eyes were burning a hole through Blaise as Harry licked his lips and repositioned himself before Blaise. The Slytherin had never seen Harry, so open and ready for him. His body was in complete contrast to Blaise's. Blaise's muscles were taut with desire and the strain from trying to restrain himself and take Harry slowly, but his little lover was so pliant beneath his roaming fingers, allowing to position and reposition him as he saw fit. The light was casting shadows over Blaise's skin, but Harry seemed to glow ethereally beneath the low light.

"You are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen," he whispered. Harry blushed rosy red and he turned his head in embarrassment. Blaise bent over and licked a stripe up his throat towards Harry's mouth, swallowing the Gryffindor's groan when he palmed his dick through his underwear. Blaise pulled back and Harry lifted up and kissed his neck and the underside of his chin with two quick consecutive loving touches. And, suddenly, Blaise couldn't control himself any longer. Blaise slid his hand underneath the fabric of Harry's pajamas and gripped his erection tightly, pulling Harry out of his pants and sliding down to swallow him down. Harry moaned wantonly and arched up and pressed his heels down into the mattress. His hand clenched the sheets around his head before he collapsed into a panting, gasping mess underneath Blaise's talented tongue. "Oh my...Bl-Blaise," Harry clenched his eyes closed tightly as the pleasurable sensations raced unchecked from his groin to his brain, short-circuiting his thoughts. "So-so good, Blaise...I-I," Blaise had never gone down on him before, and he didn't know what to do with himself. He wanted to reach down and touch his lover, but if he let go of the bed covers he would lose awareness of his arms altogether. As it was, he couldn't control his legs at all.

"More...please," he panted as Blaise tongued his slit. Blaise pulled back to watched as he worked Harry over. His own balls were heavy and his cock was pulsing against the silk fabric of his sleep pants, but he strove to ignore it. He wanted to take Harry apart piece by piece; this was just the beginning. He pumped Harry slowly and then used his short nail to tease his head, digging his nail lightly into the slit and working it around more than his tongue could. Harry screeched and rose completely off the bed as his orgasm took him by surprise surging from his loins and burning up his back, melting his brain and scattering the cells that made Harry who he was. This was the most exquisite, millisecond-long identity crisis he'd ever experienced.

"That was...that was...what was that?" he panted as he collapsed heavily on Blaise's bed. Blaise smirked up at him, "You liked that, yes?" "Hell yes," Harry moaned, looking down at his twitching cock like he'd never seen it before. That's when he noticed Blaise was still pumping it languidly and that he was still half-hard. Blaise smiled down at him sweetly, "We are not done yet," he whispered seductively, releasing Harry to stand up and tear his own pants off. He was completely bare to Harry. This wasn't the first time he'd seen it, but Harry marveled at his lover's beauty. Blaise's erection was straining towards him, and he wanted Harry. Harry wasn't always sure why, but he knew he was so damn lucky. Gesturing towards Harry's soiled underpants,

"Take those off, Harry," Blaise smirked. Harry scrambled to quickly divest himself of the fabric and reached out to grasp Blaise's cock, stroking it the way Blaise liked, pumping fully and squeezing the head tightly. Harry thought that might hurt, but the tortured hiss that Blaise released spoke otherwise. Batting his hand away, Blaise retrieved his wand from where he'd set it floating and summoned the oil he kept hidden from view. "Lay back, Harry." Harry swallowed. He knew what was coming; he'd read about this over the summer a lot, but at the moment he felt completely unprepared and nervous and hungry for it all at the same time. He spread his legs without a word and reached down to spread his cheeks. Blaise looked at the pink bud and groaned, "So sweet," he murmured, rubbing a finger around the puckered entrance.

"My sweet Gryffindor." "Yes, only yours," Harry groaned when Blaise pressed his finger inside, wiggling and twisting it around. It was strange, but Harry wanted this so badly. He reached up and grabbed Blaise's shoulder for leverage as he canted his hips forward, begging for more.

"We can take our time, Harry," Blaise assured him. Harry shook his head frantically; he didn't want to take his time right now.

He could feel the bond pulsing beneath his skin urging him forward toward its completion, and it was fueling his lust and arousal, infusing his body with energy. Blaise felt it too as his cock was leaking precum onto his sheets in copious amounts. He wanted nothing more than to become one with Harry in this moment, but his desire to never hurt his sweet little lover was stronger than his body's cravings and the bonds compulsions, but it was a near thing. His muscles were quivering and he was completely overheated. His body was inching closer to Harry like the boy had his own gravitation field and Blaise was hopelessly caught within his pull. In this time, Blaise had pressed three fingers inside of Harry and he was searching desperately for the bundle of nerves that would set Harry on fire. Harry cried out in surprise, and pleasure washed anew over him and his cock gave a violent jerk. "W-what?" Blaise chuckled, the sound a mere sigh in the confines of the curtains. He stretched him as much as he could, but couldn't take much more. He slid slowly up Harry's body and positioned himself at his entrance.

"Are you ready my Harry?"

"Yes," Harry panted, turning over, displaying his rounded derriere. Blaise groaned at the sight and immediately began to press in slowly. He couldn't stay away any longer.

"Fuck," he groaned, the heat inside of Harry was like nothing he'd ever experienced before. He was inside of Harry, and it was only getting hotter and hotter; he felt like Harry was about to burn a hole inside of him and nestle inside. Harry's body was a revelation, and his fingers dug into the Gryffindor's hips with a bruising grip. After this, there was nothing he wouldn't do for this boy, nothing he wouldn't give him.

His world began and ended with Harry. "You are so perfect, Harry, so perfect for me," Blaise panted as he pressed forward and began thrusting. He kissed down Harry's back, his voice a whisper against the Gryffindor's skin, releasing a litany of endearments and sweet-nothings. Harry wanted to turn around to see Blaise's face. He wanted to respond and tell Blaise how he felt, but his face was buried into the pillows beneath him, and beyond that the pleasure charging through him from Blaise's powerful claiming was distracting him. He wanted to give...to say... something...he wanted so much, but it was impossible to focus on one thing for any length of time. He never thought that he could feel this way, that Blaise could make him feel this way. His entire world was on fire, and at the center of it was his Slytherin, the source of the inferno but a cool balm at the same time. As the pleasure began to crest and his orgasm was imminent, Harry could feel the bond winding tighter and tighter around him as his orgasm built. Then the bond's magic relaxed like it never had before, dissipating beneath his skin. He felt his bones melting into Blaise's body heat, rocking with the Slytherin's powerful thrusts and guiding hands that gripped his hips.

With a shout explosive pleasure hit him like a shot, destroying him and rebuilding him at the same time. Blaise strained forward, stabbing into Harry without restraint, a growl rumbling in his chest and throat; Harry's body welcomed him, opened up so well for his cock, and he was mesmerized by the sight of his hole swallowing him so deeply. In the back of his mind, he could feel the bond's magic asserting itself and raging beneath his skin, urging him forward. It heightened the experience like no aphrodisiac could imitate. Blaise could feel Harry all over his body from the tips of his toes to the edge of his nose; he was consumed by Harry, and it was beautiful and scary and overpowering.

"Mine," he grunted as he spent himself inside of Harry, coating his insides with his essence. He felt the bond snap into place forcefully, remaking him anew.

---:::---

"Harry." "Hmm," Harry hummed, tilting his head up to look at Blaise. Blaise sat up and pushed Harry gently away from him so he could slide out of bed. Harry creased his brows in confusion as he watched Blaise leave their bed and head to his trunk. What could he need so late, well early in the morning? Blaise slid back beneath the covers shortly, and Harry jumped when his cold feet touched his skin. Blaise chuckled for a second before he sobered and retrieved his wand to recast the lumos charm. "I have wanted to give this to you for a few days now," he said, presenting a small jewelry box with the Zabini crest on the top. Harry was very confused now, "What is it?" "Open it to see," Blaise urged, nervous about how Harry might receive the gift, but he hoped the boy would like it. Harry gasped, "Blaise, this is really beautiful." Inside the box was a gold pendant resting on a royal blue satin pillow. On the front was a carving of the bust of a woman. Harry could tell that she was meant to be very beautiful and that an unimaginable amount of time had been devoted to etching her likeness. The woman was draped in jewels and her eyes were glinting in the dim light, her ebony hair shining proudly.

On the other side, there was an engraving that Harry couldn't understand. "Are these hieroglyphics?" Harry asked as he ran his fingers over the inlaid symbols. Blaise nodded, "I was told that it says, 'In darkness I shall forever guide you. In my shadow, you will find solace'," the Slytherin explained, pulling the pendant out and letting it dangle from its chain. "It is a precious family heirloom," he further elucidated, holding it up for Harry to see better in the light. "My father's family is from Italy as you know, and our line there can be traced for many generations. My mother, on the other hand, is half Italian and half Egyptian. Her mother haled from Egypt. My mother gave this pendant necklace to me as a child to protect me from nightmares and monsters." Harry grinned and stifled a laugh, imagining a little boy with overflowing brown curls sprinting to his mother's skirts because of monsters under the bed. Blaise smiled with him before he continued,

"This is Amaunet, which means the hidden one, perfect for a Slytherin," he smirked. Harry only nodded silently. "Among the primeval Egyptian Gods, her shadow is a symbol of protection. She also has other duties and an affinity with the Northern Wind, depending on whose lore you read, but everyone looks to her as a symbol of protection although she is considered a lesser goddess." Harry looked down at the necklace, pulling it out of Blaise's had, "I think she might take issue with that last statement," he laughed. "She looks pretty mighty to me." Harry didn't know much about the gods or Blaise's family for that matter considering he didn't know that Blaise had an Egyptian heritage at all. Finally learning more about Blaise's past and his heritage was fascinating to Harry, but he was confused. "Why are you giving me this? Won't your mother-" "Harry," Blaise interrupted, pressing a silencing finger to Harry's lips. "In a very short amount of time, you have become so very important to me, and my desire to protect you surprises even me at times. I do not know what is going to happen when you pass through the portal to retrieve your godfather, and the fact that I cannot travel with you tears me up inside. I do not know if this will protect you; I do not put much stock in the gods, but I never had another nightmare after I wore this, and if it can protect you in even the slightest while you out of my reach I want you have it." Harry met Blaise's gaze and threw his arms around him,

"I think you're amazing," he whispered, his emotions overflowing. He'd never known anyone to care for his well-being so much. "Me too, my Harry," Blaise murmured against Harry's skin. "So you will wear this?" Harry pulled back nodding,

"Of course, I don't want you to worry." "When you are out of my sight, I will always worry. You are danger prone; surely you know that by now," the Slytherin teased. Harry blushed embarrassedly as Blaise fastened the necklace around him and it settled at his sternum, "Yes, I know." After the necklace was settled in place, Blaise pressed a kiss to Harry's forehead. "There is more, Harry," Blaise said with unusual trepidation upon his face. Harry had never seen the Slytherin nervous before, so he was instantly worried. "What is it?" "Accepting this gift means more than just the protection I hope it affords you." Harry nodded slowly in confusion, "Alright, what else does it mean?" Blaise cleared his throat uncharacteristically and ran a hand through his hair, "With it I present my formal suit, a petition for courtship." "What," Harry asked, genuinely confused.

"I would like to court you, Harry Potter." Harry swallowed and licked his lips, "You mean like to get married." Blaise nodded slowly, his eyes never leaving Harry's. This was the most important moment of his life and whether Harry said yes or no he didn't want to miss a moment of it. "I don't know if I'm ready to get married, Blaise," Harry said, completely stricken. He loved Blaise; he just come to terms with that, but he was just sixteen, and so was Blaise although his birthday was coming up soon. "I know," Blaise hurried to interrupt before Harry got the wrong idea. "I adore you, Harry, but I admit that I am not ready to be bonded either, which is how wizards and witches are tied together permanently," he clarified, "but I do know that I want to be with you, protect you, and make you happy forever. The courtship will give us time to work on our relationship and take things slowly while still showing others that we are committed to each other. We do not have to be bonded tomorrow...just-" Harry silenced him with a searing kiss, "

Yes, yes, I want to try this with you," he answered with a kiss for every word. Then he jerked back with his hands on Blaise's shoulders, his eyes open wide in distress. "Do I have to give you something too? I don't really have anything valuable like this," he gestured to the pendant, "but there might be something in my trust vault, or we could go out and buy you something new. I'm not really sure how this works. I've only just finalized the details for the contract for the Malfoys, as you know, so I haven't been able to continue my studies on wizarding customs. Granted, I wasn't planning on researching marital rites for a long t-" "Harry," Blaise laughed. "You don't have to do anything. A courtship as I said is just like a - muggle engagement.

You just have to be with me," he grinned.

---:::---

The next day they didn't rouse with Draco's calls, deciding to take the morning off from classes. Their professors wouldn't be happy, but Harry didn't want to get up. He was pleasantly sore and tired, aching in all the right places, and he wanted to bask. He'd never felt the bond so placid within him, and he really wanted to enjoy it; it felt as if tension from years of heavy labor finally released, and he could finally breathe easily. Blaise smiled down at him as he lounged like a house cat; he didn't have the heart to make Harry get up, so he grabbed the oil from the previous night and began to rub out the knotty muscles Harry's back, butt, and thighs.

"So, Severus said," Harry began, his voice dying on a groan as Blaise pressed in all of the right places. Blaise chuckled, "Hmm? What was that Harry?" Harry rolled his eyes and turned over. He worked to ignore how Blaise's arms caged him in and he smiled seductively down at him and allowed his eyes to roam Harry's still naked body. Harry popped up and nipped Blaise's chest, "Stop distracting me and I'll tell you," Harry laughed. Blaise smiled fondly at him and rolled off of him, propping himself on one arm and fingering his first courting gift lying against Harry's bare skin. His chest swelled to see Harry wearing it so easily, proudly. "Severus says that we're ready to go and get Sirius now, and Bill is getting the blood tonight before the ritual, so we can go to get Sirius tonight," Harry informed him. Blaise's easy smile instantly slid from his face. He leaned over and kissed Harry's shoulder without commenting. Harry sighed and turned to look at the ceiling, "I know you're worried, but I really think it'll be okay," he smiled at the canopy, running a light finger over the pendant on his chest. "I guess we should have gone to class today," Blaise laughed, "because who knows how long this might take," he tried for levity, but Harry could still hear the apprehension in his voice as well as the unspoken, 'who knows how long you'll be gone.' "Come you big lug," Harry said, kissing Blaise's cheek, "let's go get lunch and go to our afternoon classes." ---:::--- Draco arched an eyebrow as Blaise settled next him at lunch in the Great Hall. "So you've finally decided to grace us mere mortals with your presence, have you," he drawled. Blaise snagged a plate and loaded it with food. He had a persistent slight smile on his face, and he didn't rise to Draco's bait.

The blond set his fork down and turned directly to Blaise, "Okay, what is it?" "Hmm?" Blaise asked, glancing across the hall at the Gryffindor table where Harry had just settled between Ron and the Longbottom heir. It was like Harry could feel his eyes on his back because he turned and gave a quick little wave before being distracted by the redhead who appeared to be choking on an olive. Draco narrowed his eyes and followed his friend's gaze,

"I haven't seen you this distracted since-" He paused and looked between the Gryffindor table and Blaise multiple times. He grinned knowingly. "Do not even speak," Blaise turned to him with a glare. "This is Harry's and my thing, and you do not get to talk about it," he snapped, nipping this in the bud immediately.

"You do not get to embarrass him." Draco took in his friend's glare and sighed, "Alright, alright, I can't guarantee I won't say anything, but I won't intentionally embarrass him." Blaise's desire to protect the Gryffindor from any sort of discomfort or pain was admirable, but not a lot of fun for Draco who always enjoyed riling the golden boy. "Well, that aside," Draco sniffed,

"my father and mother will be joining us today," he said, digging out a letter from his parents. Blaise nodded silently, "Harry has already told me that Professor Snape is ready to proceed today. It is Thursday though; I think it would be better to do it tomorrow, so we do not miss more classes." Draco laughed out loud, drawing the attention of a few students sitting near them who were easily cowed by a skillfully placed scowl, "Please, you don't have a leg to stand on there, my dear friend, considering your absence from classes this morning. You weren't too worried about missing lessons then." Blaise sighed heavily but remained silent because he knew Draco was absolutely right; he just wanted any excuse to keep Harry with him for as long as possible.

"Besides," Draco sobered, "I spoke to Uncle Sev after defense today, and he seems to feel that time is running short Black, so the sooner the better." With a nod, Blaise looked back over to Harry who appeared to be bickering with the Granger girl...again. If time was running out for Harry's godfather, then time was certainly of the essence because the Slytherin knew how losing Black for a second time would break Harry's heart, and if anything he didn't want that type of guilt lingering over Harry. The boy would feel as though he'd failed his godfather again, and it would eat him up inside.

---:::---

"Harry, where were you this morning," Hermione asked, squeezing between Seamus and Dean and into the tiny space in front of him. "You missed Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid and Defense with Professor Snape. I hope you know there's a detention awaiting you once Professor Snape catches up with you, and frankly I think he's right to do it. You can't skip classes just because you feel like it. After all of these years, I can see what so many people were saying about you. You can't keep getting away with these things because you're Professor Dumbledore's favorite. You aren't that spe-"

"Oh my God, will just shut your freaking gob," Ron groaned. "You're such a nag, and I swear if you start harassing Harry and spouting off all of that stuff Malfoy used to say I will-" "What, Ron," Hermione snapped. "You'll do what? Last week you were just as angry with Harry as I am, so don't think just because Harry's decided to pick you back up from the curb he kicked you on that you can start mouthing off to me," she hissed.

Harry clenched his jaw at the hurt look that passed over Ron's face, "Seriously, Hermione you really need to shut up because you don't know anything. You think you know everything about everything, but you don't. You don't have all of the answers, and you don't have the right to lecture me about missing classes. I'll take that up with my professors when I have the chance, and you shouldn't have anything to say about it," he said through clenched teeth as calmly as possible. "Also, you need to apologize to Ron, and then you need to leave," Harry demanded.

"You've been controlling and out of line for too long, and frankly I can't stand you like this. As you can't seem to take a hint by my blatant avoidance, the way you are now I have desire to see you or speak to you. You used to be fun and adventurous and genuinely helpful, but at some point you've turned into a shrew of a governess. It's not your job to raise us as you see fit, so apologize or don't, but either way you need to get the hell away from me," Harry snapped and glared. He had kept his voice as low as possible, but he was a Gryffindor at heart, so he couldn't help the fire in his eyes or the harsh tenor of his tone. Hermione remained quiet for a second, "Harry you can't just throw me away," she laughed. Harry rolled his eyes,

"I'm not throwing anyone away. I understand that people aren't objects to be tossed out or bossed around and positioned as I see fit. All I'm saying," He glared hatefully at her, "is that I as a person have come to the realization that I don't like you very much anymore, and I won't allow you impose yourself upon me any longer. Now, that's not throwing you away. In fact, it has little to do with you at all and everything to do with me. You can choose to follow me around if you like, but don't think I'll rise to the occasion anymore when you try to bait me," he responded with a casual shrug. "I'm done having this same fight with you, so apologize for what you said to Ron and then kindly leave us alone." Hermione looked around for backup, but no one was stepping into this tangled mire to support her. She sat there for a really long time, almost the entirety of lunch, and no one addressed her or even gave the impression that they noticed her sitting pretty atop the bench. From the outsider's perspective, this wasn't the type of behavior you would see at the Gryffindor table, perhaps the Ravenclaw table or the Slytherin table, but this simmering disdain overlaid by quiet placidity was uncharacteristic of the Gryffindors. As Dumbledore watched silently from his position at the center of the head table, he wasn't too surprised. He'd noticed Harry changing and growing into a young man, and he'd also been on the receiving end of that lashing tongue recently.

The Gryffindors as a whole were more rambunctious than the other houses, but they recognized strong leadership and followed it well. As Harry changed, it was unsurprising to see many of the others follow suit as well. Having had quite enough, Hermione huffed and stood abruptly, drawing the attention of the entire table, despite Harry's attempt to avoid the unnecessary spectacle, "You're going to regret this Harry," she hissed, her eyes scanning each of the boys before her.

"You-"

"Just give it a rest, Hermione," Neville said with a tired sigh, slumping over onto one elbow and leaning heavily on the table.

"We're tired of listening to your nagging and your harping. Harry's not changing his mind, and I agree with him. You're driving people around the bend with this holier-than-thou attitude you have this year." Ron gaped opened mouthed at Neville as he continued. The boy was never confident speaking publicly or confronting others, but he looked so laidback and relaxed and almost boredas he cut Hermione down to size. The redhead licked his lips and cocked his head at Neville, seeing him in a completely different light. Seconds later, shocked by his strange thoughts, Ron's eyes ballooned and his face turned tomato red before he turned away to watch Hermione's reaction rather than Neville.

"Why don't you just leave and tend to your Flitterbloom plant down in the greenhouses because they're wilting and your work leaves much to be desired," Neville suggested mildly with an arched eyebrow. "The bush looks less like Devil's Snare and more like tangled dying seaweed."

"How dare-"

"Aw Mr. Potter, I see you have decided to grace the castle with you presence," a deep tenor drawled behind Harry's head.

The Gryffindor grinned before turning around to face his defense professor, "Hello Professor, I am sorry about this morning. I wasn't feeling very well, so I decided to lie in. I'm feeling much better now though." Severus eyed the boy critically before sighing and pinching his nose in consternation, "Detention tonight Potter to make up your missed practical, and then I'll have you clean out two of my caldrons for not going to see Madame Pomfrey if you were feeling ill." "But you're not even teaching potions anymore," Harry smiled, no longer intimidated by Snape's scowl and stony face. Snape snorted sardonically and flicked his eyes at Slughorn, sneering in disdain,

"Be that as it may, I am the only true potion's master in this castle, and therefore I still brew majority of the potions for the castle's infirmary among other things. I may no longer desire to watch over you dunderheads and your diabolical concoctions, but I am a potion's master at heart. Now, I expect you promptly after your final class ends," he finished with a turn and flick of his billowing robes. "I really wish I knew how he did that," Harry remarked as he watched Severus waltz out of the Great Hall.

"Harry," Ron hedged, "that was...that was..."

"That was what," Harry asked in confusion. Neville grinned and sat up straight, "What Ron is trying to say is that was almost cordial, no... more than that really. It was almost friendly...between you and Snape, I mean."

"Oh that," Harry waved, "I just think after all of the extra time I spend in detention with him, I'm finally starting to grow on him after six long years." "Blimey," Ron responded. Harry laughed easily and finished the last of his lunch peacefully with his friends as Hermione stormed off in a tiff, presumable to prune her Flitterbloom bush.

---:::---

Fred stepped aside and allowed Bill and the younger Lestrange brother into his flat that he shared with his twin. When everyone was finally settled with tea and Lestrange was no longer hiding beneath the disillusionment charm, Bill waited for the twins to be silent and as focused as the twins are ever wont to be when they weren't trying to blow something up,

"We need to acquire the blood today," he said, moving straight to the point, "so that we can open the portal tonight. There's no time to lose. Do you two have what I asked for?" Fred nodded and stood up to cross the room, "Here's the hair you asked for," Fred said upon his return, "it should get you past the goblins easily enough if you're distracted, but if you have to pass through any blood wards or give any personal information about him or her then you're on your own. We don't know who it was. All we know is that it's dead now, so at least you don't have to worry about bumping into it anywhere."

"Well that's a relief," Bill grumbled. "I wish you would have noted the sex though. Females are not allowed to work in any of the Gringotts branches. Yes, they are a little behind the times," Bill smirked. Rabastan sat up, "Now, explain to me why exactly we need this blood. We are meant to rescue Potter's godfather, Sirius Black. I understand that much and would be pleased to see him again myself after all of this time, but the rest was not explained clearly."

"You knew Sirius?" George interrupted before Bill could begin to explain. The Slytherin turned to look at the redheaded twin, "Of course, there weren't many families my brother and I were allowed to associate with as children, but the Blacks were close friends of ours. Sirius, Regulus, Rodolphus, and myself were very close for a time. Rodolphus and I are really close in age, just two years apart, and from what I have heard were much like you two, inseparable and right terrors. That all changed once we entered Hogwarts though. Sirius was sorted in Gryffindor two years ahead of Regulus and I, and Rodolphus went to Slytherin as expected. We were told not to associate with Sirius anymore, and I obeyed my father's wishes as was expected of me," he didn't elaborate further, but they all got the feeling that the older man regretted his staunch obedience. "Then, Rodolphus was engaged to Bella, and everything went downhill from there, and I had little no control over anything or at least that's how it felt."

"Things were really messed up back then," Fred commented with a sympathetic nod. "You have no idea," Rabastan drawled, "but, back to my original question. What is the importance of this blood we need to procure, and what exactly do you need me to do?" Bill acquiesced and gave them the very abbreviated version,

"Basically, the Rasozm portal is a portal named after the goblin Rasozm Stoneraider who created it along with the infamous thief Robin Hood. Along with his side-kick Rasozm they created a portal that could be used to enter and exit even the most closely guarded Goblin vault." The twins whistled, thinking of the possibilities of such a portal. "Harry is planning to use this ritual, with our help, to create a portal using his two-way mirror that will reach Sirius beyond the veil. "Hmm, interesting," the twins said together.

"That sounds like fun. Who is Harry taking with him? Surely, he isn't going alone." Bill shook his head, "I do believe Severus is accompanying him, but I can't say for sure. The important thing now is that we get the blood, so we can open the portal today. Severus has told me that Sirius is fading fast in there, so we can't fail today." Fred and George nodded seriously. They'd looked up to the dog animagus as soon they'd learned that he was one of the Marauders, and beyond that idolization they'd come to really respect and like Sirius Black. "Did you bring enough polyjuice for us?" George asked.

"Yes," Bill said.

"Great," Fred exclaimed, snapping it up as soon as Bill presented it. "We can't go looking like this. It would ruin the show." Bill rolled his eyes at them for the tenth time in as many minutes. "And more than that," George confessed, "we hold accounts with the goblins too, and it would be awful if we got on their bad side to be sure." Bill held a vial out the Slytherin in the room as well, "Here, I imagine you'd like to disguise yourself as well?" Rabastan nodded but didn't take the vial, "I'll be fine like this," he said, standing up and slowly transforming and shrinking...and shrinking. Soon, where his feet once were, a black scorpion about the size of Bill's hand scrambled across the floor and up Bill's pant leg to settle in his robe's inner pocket. Bill gulped at the disturbing sensation of that many tiny legs on his body, "Okay, so we're ready to go then," he said as he added the hair to Snape's potion and knocked it back with a grimace.

---:::---

As inconspicuously as possible, three figures entered the front of the Gringotts bank. Two were hunched over in black robes and cowls, and the third was dressed similarly, but was of a very small stature.

"You know what to do," the smaller hissed before slinking off and discarding the robe. He would blend in well enough without it. The other two nodded before they entered a line for withdrawals. They waited silently for their turn before they approached and removed the cowls. Standing before the goblin teller were two witches, not the refined stately ladies of the English nobility or the common everyday witch you see shopping through the alley. No, these were your stereotypical muggle version witches. They had warts and hairy moles scattered across their skin, thinning gray hair, dust, dirt, and grime embedded in the wrinkles of their faces and hands, and a fetid, decaying odor wafted from their bodies. However, this scent was mild and heavenly compared to foul, putrid stench that emerged from their mouths as the twin witches began to speak in unison.

"We have a request," they rasped. The goblin didn't look up from his ledger as he extended his hand, "Key?" "We don't have a key," Fred gasped in his witch's voice. "Nor do we need one," George continued seamlessly. The goblin finally looked up and sneered in disgust, "Now there, you would be mistaken. Everyone must present a key to make a withdrawal from this bank." The witches cleared their throats,

"We do not wish to make a withdrawal, do we sister?" George asked, turning to his sister and trying not to laugh. "No we don't you presumptuous old pig," Fred said to the goblin with a black-toothed smiled. "We simply desire that you move this hulking building, so that we may excavate a few things from below it." "Excuse me," the goblin balked. He'd never heard such a thing.

"You heard us you bumbling, terrible excuse for a customer service representative," George sneered. "Now see here," the goblin yelled across the large bank foyer, surprising the twins because they weren't sure that goblins could even raise their voices beyond an intimidating hiss. "You two must leave now because I will not be insult-"

"No!" Fred bellowed,

"You see here. We will have you move this confounded building or we will unleash the Mysterious Nexi of Negative Harmony down upon your heads!" George was nodding along with Fred's speech, caught up in his rhythm, until that last bit. He cocked his head and whispered quietly, "Nexi of Negative Harmony? Are you kidding me?" Fred shrugged a little and hissed back, "He put me on the spot. What did you expect?"

"Not for you to threaten them with mysterious nexies," he retorted, barely restraining a laugh. "What the hell is a nexi?" "Multiple nexuses? I don't know. Why are you asking me?" George nearly groaned, "Because you brought it up!" "A what," the goblin shrieked, imagining the horrors that could engulf his precious bank. "I will not tolerate idle threats against this noble establishment," he roared from his pedestal behind the counter. "Gringotts has been here for countless years; there is nothing beneath it that could be of any use to you or anyone else aside from a goblin. Now what is it that you really want?" George grinning evilly, "Are you sure that's the question you really want to ask?" The goblin sneered but easily took the bait, "What, may I ask, should I be asking instead. And, this had better be good before I summon our guards to enforce my demand that you vacate the premises?" "You might want to know what exactly would happen to you and your precious bank if we release our Mysterious Nexi of Negative Harmony," Fred smiled mockingly, digging into his robes to produce a fist sized orb of swirling mist and sparking lights. It looked like an encapsulated thunderstorm. The goblin and bystanders eyed the orb critically in some cases, warily in others, and disdainfully in the goblins' cases.

"What, pray tell does that nexi do?" he hissed. Fred replaced the orb in his robes quickly before the goblin could see through the illusion, "I am glad you asked; Sister, why don't you tell the Goblin what he's won!" He said with a flourish, spinning around with his arms thrown above his head gleefully. He really did appear to be mad. George threw him a silent glare because this was Fred's damn Mysterious Nexi of Negative Harmony damn it, and he should explain the effects of it. Turning back to the goblin with a false grin, playing along, George began in booming theatrical voice,

"Well, dear sir, for participating you will receive an unstoppable swirling vortex of doom, but don't get down in the dumps just yet. Because our Mysterious Nexi of Negative Harmony is vast, and we are so very generous each of you will receive a consolation prize of tormenting, voracious, vicious wizard and goblin alike flesh consuming monsters!" Not missing a beat, Fred danced forward into the open room, so that everyone inside could see him. "Shall we name a few?" Fred asked gleefully, throwing his robes open and whipping out the figurines they'd crafted just for this purpose. It was great fun making them, but actually putting them to use and watching the expressions on the goblins' and patrons' faces was indescribably entertaining.

"First we have, for contestant number two, the Menacing Snail of the Cosmos." Fred animated the snail and it grew to be about fifteen feet high, snarling with jagged teeth and acidic saliva. There were horrified gasps but mostly shocked laughs, "Don't worry, he'll get there...eventually," and the snail took off towards the nearest goblin, sliming his way across the marble floor at well... a snail's pace. "Next up, for contestant number three," George began pointing his wand at the second figure, "We have the Incontinent Famine Parrot!" The bird took off into the air, spraying what everyone believed to be urine but was actually lemonade all over the patrons in the bank, everyone save Fred and George who were impervious to parrot secretions.

"Yes, yes, he is disgusting," George sighed with a shake of his head and his hands on his hips,

"and embarrassing," the bird squawked in disagreement, "but he gets the job done. So," he deadpanned with no emotion or inflection and no real energy or care at all,

"a plague on your people, etc., etc., yada, yada. Dear sister, let's move on. We really must get them to move this building."

"Of course," Fred nodded,

"for the rest of you we have: the Manic Depressive Moon Ferret, the Necrotic Quail, the Devil of the Sock Drawer, and last but certainly my favorite the All-devouring Jazz Imp of the Perverse!" "Sister," George admonished,

"I thought we agreed not to play favorites with the children?"

"Aw come on," Fred whined, "how can you not love his pervy little face," Fred cooed, pinching and tugging the imp's cheeks as it drooled and groaned thoughtlessly before him with limp waving jazz hands.

The patrons were screaming at the teasing of the monsters and trying to escape the bank as quickly as possible while the goblins stood dripping and livid, hissing like drenched pussycats. Fred soon released his hold on the imp to watch it scurry further into the building to join its terrorizing brothers and sisters.

"If you think they're a terror now," just wait until we release the MYSTERIOUS NEXI OF NEGATIVE HARMONY!" the brothers cackled together, racing around the room. After watching his brothers perform like buffoons, Bill snapped his mouth shut and smothered his astonishment and mirth. He had a job to do and a time limit before the polyjucie potion wore off, and it probably wouldn't be long before the goblins decided they were fed up with the show. He moved stealthily behind the counters where no wizard had ever tread before and snuck behind the tellers who paid little attention to the small goblin slinking behind them.

They were more focused on the perceived threat of his little brothers. "Ow, damn it! Rabastan if you sting me again, I swear I will squash you beneath my boot," Bill hissed through his warbling goblin throat. Rabastan stung him again on the neck, "I swear to God, if you're poisonous," he groaned and grabbed the scorpion,

"Now, do your job. Beyond this point, there will be a number of wards and traps, and I should be able to easily disarm them, but I might inadvertently trip one before I can bypass them, so I need you to identify them." Closing the door behind them, Bill scanned the empty corridor and placed the black scorpion on the ground, "You can transform here." Rabastan returned to his natural form and stretched his limbs with a silent groan,

"About twenty feet ahead I can see what looks to be a trap. It's concentrated on the floor, so it might be weight sensitive or perhaps a pit filled with shiny spikes," he shrugged carelessly. Bill nodded and drew his wand,

"Thanks," he mumbled concentrating on disarming the trap, unraveling the tendrils of magic. As he worked, Rabastan grumbled. "Once again, I am regretting my part in this. I should be out there, tormenting the goblins, not slinking around in dark, hidden corridors," he muttered to himself. Bill looked at him like he'd lost his mind,

"You were sorted into Slytherin weren't you?" Rabastan snorted,

"It was a near thing," he confessed.

"Besides, just because I was sorted into Slytherin, doesn't mean I don't know how to have a little fun at another's expense. You Gryffindor's don't have a patent on pranks believe it or not."

"Riiight," Bill said,

"Well come on. If we hurry, maybe we can catch the end of the show. The chamber shouldn't be much further ahead. Bill was correct. They moved along in relative silence - aside from Rabastan's whispered warnings and Bills lowly cast spell - until they reached a large anti chamber. Near the back was a huge floating orb that looked to contain the blood they needed for the portal.

"Finally," Rabastan groaned to himself.

"Do you see anything," Bill asked. Rabastan dropped his occlumency shields for the final time, "No, but we should be cautious nonetheless." Bill nodded. There were a lot of things that could go wrong with this simple plan, and they certainly didn't need to take any unnecessary risks. Regardless, they needed to hurry because he could feel the potion running its course, and if caught, there was no excuse he could provide for being in this part of the building. This was a wizard free, goblin only zone. They noted the large ornate desk to the left of the blood, but other than a few scattered chairs and wall sconces with torches, some lit and some unlit, the room was bare. They took a single step forward, and were completely take by surprised when, from the walls on each side of them, sticky webs shot out at them at great speed, ensnaring them and holding them suspended from the ground.

"Well, this disgusting," Rabastan drawled from Bill's side. Bill merely rolled his eyes, "I thought you said there was nothing in here." Rabastan would have shrugged casually if he could have,

"There wasn't at first."

---:::---

Rabastan had been prepared to wait for a long time for someone to show up, but the goblins arrived fairly quickly - about half an hour later - to cut them down, but they were still wrapped up tightly like two stuffed dumplings. "Well, well, well, what do we have here? Gentlemen, it appears you have been caught where you do not belong, ensnared in our spider's web," the goblin's voice cackled. "Nevertheless, you should congratulate yourselves. No other has ever made it quite this far before," he applauded. Rabastan rolled his eyes, "How can you even fit an acromantula inside of this place to have it spin a web for you?" The goblin shrugged,

"You would be surprised at the lengths we go to in order to protect our treasures." He snorted, "Hmpf, you mean other people's treasure." The goblin sneered before shrugging again, "You will find that to a goblin, once it is in our possession, the treasure or gold, is as much ours as it yours, and nothing taken from this bank ever truly ceases to gain profit for us...in one way or another." Rabastan remained silent; there was little point in arguing with a goblin. Bill startled when a side door to the large antechamber burst open and his brothers were dragged in and thrust ignobly into the dust on the cobblestones.

"Now that the entire party has arrived," the goblin stepped forward into the light and took a seat behind the desk with much unnecessary fanfare, "I am called Mazn Dreadthief, and I would like to address what brings you here today." He looked them each over in turn,

"Rabastan Lestrange, Frederick Weasley, George Weasley, and," he paused at Bill's disguised appearance before standing once again and slashing a claw across Bill's face. Presenting a piece of parchment the wizards hadn't previously noticed, the goblin smeared it across Bill's face and took a step backwards, grinning evilly at the results.

"Bill Weasley," he arched a patronizing eyebrow,

"why don't we address your presence here and what it is you came for, hmm?" This goblin was very repetitive; clearly he loved to hear himself speak. Dreadthief turned to sit again and gestured to the red liquid floating and undulating in the suspended glass orb near the back of the room. One minutes later, the goblin nodded and stroked his knobby chin, "This could work out everyone's favor," he mumbled to himself. Standing abruptly, this was the most animated goblin any of the wizards had ever seen. "You are acquainted with Mr. Harry Potter, yes?" He grinned at Bill subsequent glare.

"We will summon your friends," he sneered at the word. Goblins certainly weren't moved by personal relationships and feelings as wizards were, "to make a deal, but first, I want to know what you need Rasozm Stoneraider's blood for." After listening to Bill's concise explanation, Dreadthief snapped his fingers at one of his attendants, "Sek Giantdrool, draft a letter to Severus Snape, summoning him and their entire party. Request their presence at the bank immediately, and be sure to impress upon them the importance of a prompt arrival. Enclose a portkey for expedience and inform the front tellers of their summons and to have them all sent back here to me as soon as they arrive," he ordered before stalking out of the room. ---:::--- Two hours later the goblin reentered the chamber that held the imprisoned, thieving wizards. "It will not be long now," he assured them with a cruel smirk. "I have been informed that your friends have arrived to retrieve you," he chortled, settling in the seat behind his desk and gesturing for the prisoners to be moved aside. "Move them to the receiving room; I will speak with to them there," he ordered before waddling out of the room. Once all of the wizards were present, standing before his desk as he did not offer them chairs to sit in, the goblin surveyed them each quickly:

Harry Potter, Severus Snape, the Zabini heir, Lord Malfoy, Lady Malfoy, and the Malfoy heir. Mazn hadn't expected to draw such a crowd when he'd sent the summons. He'd expected only the surly potions master and Potter as those were the only people Weasley had mentioned by name. This was wonderful! Mazn Dreadthief grinned evilly, as he stood and retrieved a fire poker brought in with by one of his attendants, "No one steals from Gringotts and gets away with it, and perpetrators are usually slain," he said, spitting toward the bound men at his feet. Rabastan was still nearly taller than him on his knees, but that mattered little to the goblin. It wasn't every day that he had a group of powerful - he glanced at Rabastan and Bill Weasley - and world renowned wizards nearly prostrate before him.

Draco stood between his godfather and father and sneered at the disgusting vermin standing over Bill with a hot poker to his back. The redhead was already bleeding, and if the insane creature didn't take a step back, Draco wouldn't be accountable for his actions. He withheld a growl by the skin of his teeth when a goblin kicked at Bill's feet. For the redhead's part, Bill eyed the goblins warily but also with some amusement. He liked to see Draco riled up, and it was a little touching to see the blonde so angry on his behalf. Severus pinched his nose and took a step towards the bound men on the floor, "Just how were you captured?" His gazed lingered on the veteran Slytherin; he expected better from Rabastan. The man in question merely shrugged as best he could within his restraints, "Not my plan," he drawled. "So because you didn't come up with the plan, you couldn't be bothered to point out its flaws," Snape asked with an arched eyebrow. Rabastan grinned, "It seemed like more fun this way." Before Severus could respond with the vitriol ready to come spewing forth from his mouth at the ridiculous Gyrffindor-ish, more specifically Marauder-esque, behavior, Harry stepped forward and interrupted him. "What can we do to have them released to us," he questioned. The Goblin grinned a disgusting grin, a disturbing display of sharp, yellow and brown teeth, "Aw Mister Potter, what a pleasure it is to see you. I am Mazn Dreadthief; I don't believe we've had the pleasure of speaking before this." Blaise squinted at the obviously fake obsequious behavior.

"Cut the crap, Dreadthief," Blaise interjected, stepping up beside Harry. "You are not going to kill them, or you would have done so already without sending for us. We are kind of on a tight schedule here." Lucius nodded in agreement, ready to put his diplomatic skills to work, "What is it that you want in return for these men and the object they came to procure," he asked, not forgetting about the blood they needed to power the portal's ritual. The Goblin narrowed his eyes at the Malfoy patriarch and grimaced, "What makes you think we desire anything more than a witness to their execution?" Harry moved towards his wand subtly, and Draco's back stiffened as he cleared his face of all expressions. It looked like this may become more violent than they'd originally thought. Lucius merely lifted a gloved hand and waved it around the room,

"Although you have been less than hospitable, you have summoned us to one of your largest receiving rooms which tells me that you have brought us here to negotiate, that we have something you want or something you believe we can retrieve for you in exchange for the lives of these four men. Therefore, I suggest you begin negotiating goblin before we lose our patience." The goblin grit his teeth, but he was sent forth to do a job, and do it he must, regardless of how much he wanted to continued playing with the humans.

"You are correct as always, Mr. Malfoy. While theft from the bank is punishable by death under normal circumstances, we are known to make exceptions at our discretion. We have not forgotten that each of you have a sizeable sum of money and valuable heirlooms and properties entrusted to us that you may remove from our care if we displease you," he hissed in aggravation.

"Furthermore, Bill Weasley is a far more important asset to us than that which he strove to pilfer, so we are disinclined to terminate him. Besides," he added flippantly, or as flippantly as a Goblin can possibly be, "he's under magical contract with the bank which affords him certain liberties." Draco's jaw dropped momentarily before a stern glance from his father made him close it,

"Stealing from the bank is part of those liberties afforded to him a Gringotts employee?" he asked once he'd regained control of his tongue. Dreadthief sneered,

"Certain things, yes," he hedged.

"The curse breakers bring us much more wealth than you wizards can imagine, much more than interest from housing your gold although we desire that too. So in return, we pay them a large year-end salary that could rival even your yearly income Mr. Malfoy," he felt inclined to add smugly.

"In addition to that, we allow them to keep certain trinkets from their expeditions as they desire," he commented, flicking Bill's earring significantly. This piqued Lucius' interest. He knew for the fact that the interest combined with the stored gold in the various Gringotts branches scattered across the globe added to the investments made by the bank netted more than almost every known monarch, dynasty, and national income - wizarding and muggle - in the last five hundred years. Just what the hell were the curse breakers finding for the Goblins? There wasn't that much wealth in the world and Lucius of all people would know. Of course, he had to ask. "That is of little importance to you," the goblin deflected Lucius,

"we will move to the negotiations now." After two minutes of silence from the goblin, Harry spoke up impatiently,

"What do you want?"

"Mr. Potter, as you no doubt already know, many in the magical world - magical creatures included - have heard rumors of your exploits at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We may be willing to release these men to you," he gestured offhandedly to the Weasleys and Lestrange,

"if you give us part of the basilisk you destroyed in your second year." Harry gaped, "You want part of the snake?" Dreadthief nodded solemnly. "As its vanquisher, magically, it belongs to you. It is still in your possession is it not?" He would have known had any parts of the beast been sold on any market as the goblins had been searching for basilisk venom for a long time. Harry scratched the back of his neck,

"Well, not really." Severus spoke up at this point, "The beast was given to me by Mr. Potter, so it belongs to me now," he said. Mere hours ago as they prepared for the ritual in the Chamber of Secrets, Harry had gifted the basilisk to Severus when they noted how preserved it was. Severus had never appreciated dunderheaded, glasses-wearing boy wonders more than he had at that moment. He was still awed by the beast and Harry's gift just thinking about it. In any case, he had his own plans for Slytherin's monster, and he didn't want to give it away to this slimy bastard. The goblin turned to Severus. He was surprised to hear such, but considering that Snape was a world renown potions master he should have expected him to desire the basilisk as well.

"We don't want or need the entire thing, just two vials worth of venom, and we'll let them go and give you the blood." Harry looked over at him imploringly.

"Don't look at me like that, Harry," he sighed heavily, "you know very well that I'll give it to him." Snape sneered at the goblin's gleeful reaction and tried to ignore Harry's brilliant smile at his agreement. He didn't want everyone to know he was growing soft...in regards to Potter at least. Lucius' knowing smirk told him that he wasn't fooling anyone. Severus pulled the same expression of fond exasperation when dealing with Draco.

"So may we have what we came for?" Severus drawled, tired of this entire affair. He'd spoken with Sirius just hours before this, and he knew that time was running thin.

"But of course," Dreadthief withdrew a small letter opener and conjured a vial. With a quick slash he cut open the palm of his hand and made a fist, squeezing out the purple blood until it filled the small vial.

"I believe this will be enough. It should sustain the portal for a number of hours, but ten will be the maximum I believe," he said, capping the vial and nodding.

"This is the source of the blood?" Bill asked in confusion. "I was told that it was Stoneraider's blood." The goblin grinned evilly,

"A small, misleading falsehood on our part. The secrecy and protection of the portal's power is very important to us, so we told that tall tale for situations such as these. If someone less desirable than yourself learned of and sought the blood of Stoneraider for themselves, they would have been fooled by the floating goat's blood in there," he jerked a thumb over his shoulder, "as you were and executed immediately without ever achieving their goal."

"So the blood of any goblin would have worked," Fred asked, thinking of the dead goblin they'd stolen the hair from. Dreadthief shook his head,

"Of course not," he scoffed.

"I am a descent of Stoneraider, and only the blood of his progeny can sustain the portal, so it was not a complete lie. Now, you have a week to give us what we desire, or we will seek our own compensation," the goblin said dangerously, dismissing them with a wave.

---:::---

"Well that was both easier and more complicated than I thought it would be," Harry commented as they all exited the bank and stepped into the sunlight. "These things usually are," Lucius commented from his side. "Negotiations can be fairly simple, especially when everyone knows what they want. And, goblins always know exactly what they want." "I must say that that goblin was certainly strange though," Narcissa commented. Harry nodded. "That's for sure. In the beginning there I wasn't sure if we going to have curse him or not." "Alright," Severus interrupted the laughter and comments about psycho goblins.

"We need to return to the castle to open the portal. As soon as we return we will begin; Bill will lead the ritual as he's most familiar with it." Harry nodded, "How are getting back though? We weren't given portkeys to return to the castle." "We will have to side along apparate," Narcissa supplied, hooking an arm around her husband's elbow. "It's a long trip though, so we will have to make at least two stops along the way." Lucius stuck out his other arm for Draco, but wasn't too surprised to find him sticking close to the eldest redhead. Why did it have to be a Weasley? he mentally groaned, bemoaning his fate. Narcissa followed his gaze and laughed to herself. It served Lucius right; aside from the Dark Lord he'd had little stress in his life, and it was time for Draco to bedevil his father a little. "I will take Potter and Zabini," Severus offered and grabbed each of their shoulders and disappeared with a violent crack. Bill and Draco popped away next, followed closely by Lucius and his wife, leaving Rabastan, Fred, and George to make their own way back to the castle.

---:::---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 53 3
Summary: A chance meeting between a Hogwarts student and the Minister for Magic spirals into a love story that the tabloids adore, while those involv...
485K 12.1K 42
It's been two years since the battle of Hogwarts and Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley have everything they ever wanted. Great friends, amazing boyf...
30.4K 751 21
How could a Slytherin, and Draco Malfoy of all people, possibly fall for a weak Hufflepuff? And what will he do when he finds out her dark secret? Ye...
440K 18.9K 66
(Drarry) Harry Potter is about to enter his seventh year, and things are not quite what he expected. He is no longer the angry boy who watched his wo...