Hours of the Night // Damon S...

By wandaswxfe

With a turn, he started for the door but stopped as her gentle hand held his rough ones. "Please," her voice... More

๐ˆ๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐‡๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
001. ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž ๐‚๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
002. ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ?
003. ๐‚๐ก๐š๐จ๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐๐ฌ
THE BUFFER BETWEEN OLD & NEW
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34

CHAPTER 32

438 9 0
By wandaswxfe

Damon, myself and some people around the bar all had a shot glass in front of us ready to be consumed the fastest. Elena hasn't drank anything apart from water or juices cause 'someone needs to be sober.'

"Ready....Go!" Bree sounds off.

We all down it but I am the first to bring my empty shot glass down to the top first. "That's three!" I applaud myself and smirk. I turn to Damon who seems to be sulking. "Do you need a bib, Dames?" I tease him. I hear my twin laugh in the background.

He smiles sarcastically at me. "Sorry I can't unhinge my jaw like a snake to consume alcohol."

I rolled my eyes, the feeling of three shots are starting to affect me slowly. My body feels more warmer, I like it-I miss it. "Whatever. All righty. Who's next?" I asked around the group around us. I drummed my fingers lightly as I looked at Bree with an innocent face. "Another round, Bree?"

"Honey, you should be n the floor." One of the women of my other side said to me.

I smirked, "Well, my tolerance is wayyy up here." I lifted myself off the seat a little bit as my hand went to the air emphasizing my point.

Soon enough I was failing at a game of pool with this blonde chick but finally made a shot. "YEss!" I threw my hands in the air- obviously drunk at this point in time. The bad thing is my phone rang but my fingers already pressed answer as I didn't check the caller's name.

"Hello? Natasha??" Jenna's voice exploded through my phone- well in reality it was normal volume.

"Jenna hey!" I slurred as I brought jacket closer to me searching for my twin sister. Where is she???

"Where are you and Elena? What is that? Is everything okay?" She kept spitting out questions.

At this point I sobered up a bit where I actually have a conscious."Wait. I-I can't hear you. Everything's fine." I spotted Elena and grabbed up away from her own game and outside. I went to take a step put trip over my own foot and hit my head causing me to see stars. The phone slipped out of my hand as I went onto my back.

Elena tried catching me but ended up not doing so as the last thing I heard was muffled urgings of help before I let the darkness take me for a sweet short while.

The first thing I felt was both of my knees hurt from my fall along with my back that was against an cold surface, I could still smell a hint of food in the air but it was faint. A groan emitted through my lips as I sat up, a sharp pain spread from my head, immediately my hand flew up to it to try reassuring my pain.

"Nat, are you okay?" Elena urged, earning a nod from me.

"Yeah, just a head ache." I looked around us to see we were by a gate with tall contain pipes. "What are we doing here?"

"We were kidnaped by this vampire. I don't know where he is right now or Damon." She had panicked eyes that were frequently looking around as she explained to me in hushed words, as if she were afraid to get caught.

I was about to assure her we were going to be okay, footsteps starting to approach us. Our heads snapped in the direction of the noise to see a familiar figure approach us, soon enough it was Damon we saw. My body relaxed beside Elena as I thought we were saved- how cliché that is- I didn't even see the guy hiding preparing to attack Damon until it was too late.

"Damon, no!!" Elena screamed at him to stop but it was too late, the guy hit Damon in the head with a lead pipe. Damon fell to the ground easily, grunting at the powerful impact. The blonde guy didn't stop there, he kept whacking at Damon's leg mercilessly as multiple sounds of bones cracking rang into the air. He started pouring gasoline on him as Damon laid on the ground coughing in pain.

I ran to them only stopping a several feet away from them. "Stop!" I yelled at the guy, but he didn't. Elena came up behind me but didn't say a word unsure how to handle the situation. The blonde showed his vampire face to us making us take a step back, then I remembered- Imma witch. I tried concentrating on making every single blood vessel pop over and over again but my splitting headache didn't let me.

"Stupid headache." Cursing as I tried think of another tacit. He continued on pouring more gasoline before disregarding it. "Who are you?" Damon questioned trying to get up slightly.

The other guy chuckled, confusing me." That's perfect. You have no idea."

"What are you talking about what did he even do to you?" I demanded. My heart was in my throat for the possible danger that Damon could put himself in. What a stupid guy he is.

"He killed my girlfriends." The guy said vaguely to me before turning back to Damon. "What did she do to you, huh? What did she do to you?!"

"Nothing." Damon spoke quietly, still on the ground.

I groaned internally frustrated, there was a possible long list of women Damon has killed and not enough time to figure it out. "I don't understand." I spoke out.

The guy made no move to me, but his eyes remained on Damon. "My girlfriend went to visit Stefan, and Damon killed her. Got it?" He said with hurt and anger.

My body froze at that, who would visit Stefan and get killed by Damon? Lexi- the sweet girl, who I watched die as I realized Vampires were real. My heart picked up more as I realized he was getting an 'eye for an eye'.

"Lexi?" Elena whispered loud enough for all of us to hear, confused. "Lexi was your girlfriend? She told me about you. She said that you were human."

"I was." His body turned to Damon before pulling out a single match, and I knew how this was going to play out if I didn't try something.

"Lexi turned you?" I asked him. I was unsure about his and Lexi's past but I had to keep him from lighting Damon like the forth of July.

He gazed at Damon, "If you want to be with someone forever," He looked to me seriously. "You have to live forever."

I knew what he meant, wether if he was about him or me- I knew it. I couold feel Elena's courious gaze on me trying to understand the hidden meaning, but I saw souly foucesed on Damon. He tried to slowly crawl away but the guy kicked his stomach- flipping him onto his back with a not so suppressed groan. I flinched slightly at the sound as nerves slowly crept up to my body.

I gave Elena a pleading look, she nodded away. "She loved you." The guy looked at my twin. "She said, 'when it's real, you can't walk away."

He looked from her to me while he spoke, "Well, that's a choice she doesn't have to make." He turned back to him.

We were out of options. "Don't- don't, please, don't hurt him--" I paused a moment, feeling my pulse quicken as he lit the match. "Lexi loved you. And she- she was good and that means you're good, too. Be better than him." He looked at me as I continued pleading with little tears that stung my eyes "Don't do this. I'm begging you!--Please."

I watched as the silence enveloped us, watched as the blonde picked Damon up by his shirt staring at him with his vampire eyes before throwing him across the road to the building in front of us. I didn't dare move even though I wanted to make sure he was alright, but once I saw the buy turn around- I froze.

"Thank you." I heard Elena say to him, like the nice person she is.

"It wasn't for you." Was all he said before he vampire sped off into the night.

I bolted to Damon as soon the guy was gone. I knelt right next to him making sure he was visably okay, even thpough he had super healing. "Anything hurting critically?" I asked unsure.

"My ego." He sighed as he went onto his back.

Elena stood next to me staring at him with her hands crossed. I narrowed my eyes at him and scoffed, me and Elena saved his life and he wants to play around. Placing my hands on the ground to get up, I placed my hands in front of him, he looked at it then took it.

There was no doubt that both of us felt the spark shoot up our arms as soon as we connected hands. I bit back a smile that wanted to creep up on my face as we separated quickly.

This time I wanted to ride in the backseat as Elena and Damon rode in the front. It was silent for the most part but Damon complained that I snored loudly which I refuse to believe in but then Elena pitched in saying she almost couldn't take a nap because of my supposed snore. I pouted, still not believing that I snore.

"So, why did you bring me with you?" Elena broke the silence.

"Well, I was stuck with you as I brought Nat, here." He responded with a sarcastic smile to Elena.

I smiled a little bit as I leaned between them. "Then, why bring me with you if you can't stand my dear twin sister, hm?"

He smirked just a bit. "You're not the worst company in the world, Natasha." I rose my brow. "You should give yourself more credit."

"Seriously?" I said not believing it.

Damon's blue pierced eyes stared back onto the road as I relaxed back into my seat. "You were there in the road. All damsel in distress-like. And I knew it would piss off Stefan, if I brought to along. And..." We both looked at the mirror staring into each others eyes, and they say a lot. "You're not the worst company in the world, Natasha." And I knew he wasn't lying, I knew from the way he stared at me with a softness.

"You know, Elena used to be more fun." I looked at her to see her playfully slap my knee.

"She did.. alright." I laughed as Elena scoffed. It went silent before I spoke up.

"We saved your life." I said aloud looking at Damon as he looked at me through the mirror.

"I know."

I smiled as Elena spoke up. "And don't you forget it."

It was silent once again but I-again- Interrupted it, "Hey, both of you guys owe me ice cream. Preferably cookie dough." I laughed loudly as they both complained about finding it as we drove back home.

I sat in my room with a tubs of my ice cream that I demanded. Luckily Jenna wasn't home yet so I decided to watch some cable in my room, it was some show called, 'Doctor Who', that was actually really good to my surprise. Unfortunately I was only aware of the 11th doctor- you know, the one obsessed with bow ties. He got hit by one of the bad guys.

"Come on!" I shouted at the TV as I spooned another bite of ice cream. "That was a low blow."

My phone rang in the room next to me. I picked it up to see Elena's caller I.D. Weird she should be confronting Stefan right now. I clicked the green button before pressing it to me ear. Grabbing the remote I paused the show.

"Hello?" I politely asked, which only resulted to getting sniffles on the other side. My heartbeat picked up slightly afraid what happened. "Elena? What's wrong?"

Then came her muffled cry's as she explained everything of why Stefan didn't tell her. My heart dropped as tears sprung my eyes, my breath coming out shakily trying not to bawl. Not only did Stefan rescue Elena and I, he wanted to find out how she was connected to Katherine resulting in finding out the truth.

The truth of we were not Gilberts.

I waiting at the top of the stairs for my twin sister with blood shot eyes from all of the crying done in my room. Jenna arrived home an hour ago but I didn't dare go down there. I know I shouldn't be mad at her because what if she didn't know? But there was this voice in my head that asked me what if she did? And I couldn't help but believe it.

I jolted up words as I heard the door open and close revealing my sister. As I quietly started down the stairs, I stopped on my third step when Jenna spoke to her.

"I don't set a lot of rules, Elena. Not with you/ I trust you to tell me the truth." She spoke her mind. "Where were you? Why did you lie to me about it?" I was her figure approaching Elena, so I descended the rest of the steps. "I thought we were closer than that?

I grabbed Elena's hand and squeezed it assuring her, and she did the same. "Now is not the time you want to talk to us about lies." I spoke looking at Jenna, who held a parental face.

Elena and I both started up for the stairs, I was in the front with her in the back. "Don't do that. Don't turn this back on me. I didn't do anything." Jenna retaliated.

Elena tugged on my arm as she turned around. "Okay, question-- Are we adopted?" Jenna's face fell and I knew she knew all about it. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked to the ground unable to look at her. She should have told us, no matter how hard it was- I would have wanted to learn it from her than by ourselves. "I trust you to tell me the truth too, Jenna. How could you not tell me? I thought we were closer than that."

We both started up for the stairs as Jenna called out. "I didn't- They told me not too."

"We don't want to hear it!" I yelled back as me and Elena went to my room. That night was filled with endless tears and a whole lot of ice cream consumed. As well as some Doctor Who to fill up our temporary sadness. Tonight would be tears and sadness but tomorrow, I will be on search of who are our birth parents were.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488 35 4
S1-S4 / Damon Salvatore ยฉ augustpoets, 2024
300 16 10
Caroline decides to let go a bit for the summer. But happens when she ends up talking to someone she would never expect herself talking too. How will...
22.1K 675 14
In a parallel world, Elena realized sooner than she thought that she loved Damon and no one else. With Stefan long forgotten, will she fight for her...
213K 9.2K 34
Where a bored fairy leaves her homeland to travel around the human world. To learn new things and have adventures. Which she will and much more... Va...