On The Run | Wakasa I. (Tokyo...

By noticeyoursenpaii

[WAKASA X READER] When a long time friend of the Black Dragons' former members suddenly returns after years w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back in Japan
Chapter 2: Beg
Chapter 3: Walk Home
Chapter 4: Dinner With You
Chapter 5: Carry
Chapter 6: Old Friend
Chapter 7: Dumb
Chapter 8: Forced to Date
Chapter 9: Lies
Chapter 10: Missing Person
Chapter 11: Suspicious Men
Chapter 12: Heiress
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Quarrel
Chapter 16: With The Akashi
Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive
Chapter 18: Runaway Bride
Chapter 19: Apologies
Chapter 20: Distant
Chapter 21: Attacked
Chapter 22: Worry
Chapter 23: Scars
Chapter 24: A First
Chapter 25: Victim
Chapter 26: Stay
Chapter 27: A Night To Remember
Chapter 28: The Day It Started
Chapter 29: Mistakes
Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye
Chapter 31: Words We Want To Hear
Chapter 32: Still On The Run
Chapter 33: Missing
Chapter 34: A Friend's Care
Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag
Chapter 36: Scared
Chapter 37: Princess and The Royal Guard
Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother
Chapter 39: Raid
Chapter 40: Run With Me
Chapter 41: Run Away
Chapter 42: Crazy
Chapter 43: Guilt
Chapter 44: I Promised
Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us
Chapter 46: Treat
Chapter 47: One-Sided
Chapter 48: Talk
Chapter 49: Worst Friend
Chapter 50: The Densest
Chapter 52: Better Hurry
Chapter 53: Bad Feeling
Chapter 54: Weak Side of Me
Chapter 55: The Surprise
Chapter 56: Miracle
Chapter 57: No Home To Return To
Chapter 58: Unwanted Promise
Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto
Chapter 60: Awake
Chapter 61: End Things
Chapter 62: I Want To See Her
Chapter 63: Past
Chapter 64: Accept
Chapter 65: Approaching Battle
Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again
Chapter 67: Sacrifice
Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother
Chapter 69: Saved
Chapter 70: Finally
Chapter 71: Back To You
Epilogue

Chapter 51: A Little Help

944 59 26
By noticeyoursenpaii

WAKASA'S POV

"WHAAATT?!" Senju's high pitched voice made it through my eardrum almost shaking everything in my body in shock.

It was yesterday when the confession happened. And for the whole day, there has been a very awkward atmosphere between me and Y/N. Though we tried opening up a conversation, we only ended up in a more awkward situation. I don't even know how to bring up the topic about yesterday. So when I had the chance today, I invited her to take a stroll outside as an excuse to make a call since there really is no signal deep in the forest. Luckily, I managed to make a call as she rested on a huge rock, taking in the view in silence.

As soon as Omi answered the call, I immediately started to explain everything with Senju and Benkei listening on the other line with him.

And here, we have Senju overreacting when she heard that Y/N confessed to me.

"And what did you do?!" She asked still with her voice in a high tone. I pulled the phone a few inches away from my ear, hoping it'll help in preventing me from getting deaf. As her question registered in my mind, I turn to my right where I saw Y/N staring up ahead and fortunately, not able to hear what I'm saying.

I tried to recall what happened and what I did after what she said to me but somehow, nothing helpful came into my mind.

What in the world did I do after she admitted her feelings to me?

Actually...

"Nothing." There was a short silence and I can tell the three of them had their mouths open in disappointment.

"Wakasa, what the hell?!" I heard Takeomi complain on the other line followed by his younger sibling.

"Are you being serious right now??" She added and I let out a sigh. I can't blame them if they're reacting this way. I, too think that I was being stupid for not even giving Y/N a response—even didn't bother to correct her wrong conclusion of my own feelings for her. How dumb can the two of us be, to be honest?

"I know, I know. That's why I called you. I need your help." That brings me to my purpose of this call.

"On what exactly?" This time it's Benkei who spoke up in a calm manner.

Sending a quick glance at the H/C haired girl from a distance, I combed my hair back and away from my face while letting out a sigh. I have been thinking about it for the whole night that I couldn't even sleep properly. Somehow, my self reflection brought me to this decision.

"I want to return the confession." I admitted. There's really no reason for me to hide my feelings anymore. There's no reason for me to set it aside any longer. Now that I'm assured that it's me who she likes. I can no longer feel the nervousness for getting rejected but for trying to be the right person for her. I want to prove that I'm more than deserving to be someone she loved for all those years.

But the reaction on the other line was not what I was expecting. The three of them let out gasps of shock which got me confused for a moment.

"You heartless monster." Takeomi commented, causing my brows to furrow even more.

"Jerk! Go to hell! Y/N doesn't deserve you." I heard the young girl huff. I can already imagine her glaring at the phone with her arms crossed right this very moment. But... what did I do?

"Calm down, Senju." I heard Takeomi talk to her.

"I'm surprised she still likes you. What an idiot." I can tell Senju's already rolling her eyes to the back of her head with the annoyance clearly heard in her voice. I'm still puzzled at what she's saying but it seemed that she and Takeomi are talking to each other as their voices sounded faint on the phone.

"What in the world are those two on about?" I asked, knowing Benkei is still on the call. A few seconds of silence was on until he replied.

"They think you're gonna reject her. Well... are you?" He paused mid sentence. The moment I realized that my words might've come off a different message to them, my eyes widened. So that's why the two are overreacting. Good thing Benkei knows how to shut up first and ask, unlike those siblings.

"Hell no!" I even shook my head as if they can see me. From my peripheral vision, I notice Y/N raising her head in alert. Must be because of the loudness of my voice. I cleared my throat and lowered the volume of my voice as I spoke again on the phone. "I just... I want to confess to her properly. After everything. I think she deserves a proper confession from me." I explained while stealing glances to the side, wondering if she can hear me. It would no longer be a surprise if she knew anyway.

I've been thinking about it last night and I wanted to make a small surprise for her after everything. Remembering the day she showed me a gift box, saying she'll give it to the person she'll confess to back in college... which turned out to be me. I've always wondered where that present went since then because that was the last day I spent time with her before she left.

She has always made a lot of efforts for me. At least let me make an effort in returning her feelings for me. I want to make her feel how special she is to me as well. I don't think I can ever repay all her efforts but I want to make her feel the same way she made me feel before.

"What are your plans after confessing?" Benkei's deep voice reached my ears and I felt my face started to get warm as thoughts started to sink in my mind. Right... after confessing... It shouldn't only be a simple confession, right?

"I... want to make it official." My heart raced as soon as the thought came into mind. I can imagine how much of a dream it'll feel if I have finally claimed her as someone much more than just a friend or a best friend. It gave me a weird yet a pleasing feeling in my stomach as I think about it. I didn't really give it much thought before, thinking it will never be possible for us and now that it's finally happening, I just can't stop my heart from jumping in pure joy.

I want to make it happen as soon as possible—even now if not for my planned surprise for her. It's hard for me to act as if it didn't happen. It's hard for me to restrain myself from pulling her into a warm embrace that I've always wanted to give her from time to time ever since I started to have these feelings.

"For real?!" I heard the siblings simultaneously shout in surprise.

"I feel like fainting, oh Lord. Our dear Waka knows his ways on girls." Senju remarked and I can imagine her acting as if she's fainting for real while leaning onto her big brother. Somehow, her words sounded more like an insult. But Benkei didn't seem to pay attention to the two as he asked me another question.

"How are you gonna do that?"

Right... how am I gonna do that?

I still have not much of ideas in mind since I have not much of an experience. Which is why I'm gonna need their help for it.

"I'll attend the meeting tomorrow and I'll let you guys know what I have in mind. She's gonna hate me for this but I want to do it... for her." I answered. I have actually decided not to leave for Brahman's battle, thinking she'll need me more here. The battle will commence probably a week from now anyway. But I've also decided that I should go and see the rest tomorrow for my childish plan. I'm not going to attend any fights. I'll only be back within the day so she wouldn't wait too long. I'll only leave to have this prepared for her. She might get mad at me if I use the fight as an excuse but I'll make sure to return as soon as possible to not cause any more worries for her.

"Atta boy! We'll see you tomorrow then!" Senju proudly exclaimed and even without her here, I can see her giving off a smug look. "Also, can you put Y/N on the line? We miss her too, you know." I turn to look at Y/N and notice her staring at her foot. My brows creased, noticing she looks in pain as she tried to move her foot.

"Yeah, one sec." I excused and walked up to her.

As I reach in front of her, she looked up at me, sensing my frame looming over her.

"Yeah?" She raised her brows at me as I lower my eyes to her ankle.

"I need to check up on your injury." Kneeling down, I carefully raised her foot to my thigh. She's still having difficulties walking on her own so I had to carry her all the way here.

I frown as I carefully examined her injury. Noticing my reaction, she tilt her head to the side with a confused look on her face.

"Is something wrong?" I look up to meet her gaze but immediately dropped them down to her injured ankle. I'm not sure if she's been forcing herself to walk on her own without my help but her injury really doesn't look good.

"It's just—your injury... It doesn't seem to have any progress in healing." I admitted. I know it's only been like two days since she got the injury, however I can't help but worry that it's so slow in healing that she can't even assist herself without getting hurt.

"It'll be fine soon." She shrugged as if it shouldn't even bother me. I let out a sigh, dismayed that she isn't really all cheerful since this morning. Must be because of the awkward atmosphere between us.

"I'll go and find something that can help you heal faster tomorrow. You'll be fine on your own, right?" I asked, hoping she can manage herself for the whole time that I won't be around tomorrow. She averted her gaze, obviously contemplating on what to reply. But soon enough, after the defeaning silence, she nod her head slightly in defeat.

I felt guilty to leave her. I even promised before that I won't leave her and yet here I am, thinking of going back to Tokyo for some reasons, aware that it'll worry her in any way. I can only hope that all of this will go well.

Placing her foot down slowly, I stood up and handed her the phone.

"Here, the others wanted to talk to you." She took it without hesitation.

When I was about to walk away to give her some privacy, for some reason I couldn't ignore the heavy feeling building on my chest. I turn back to her and called out when she still hasn't placed the phone on her ear to start a conversation with our friends.

"Hey." She turned to me with her round confused eyes, waiting for me to continue. "I'm sorry I can't take you with me." I told her in a sorry and soft manner. I would've taken her with me if ever... but now that the reason why I'm going is for her then it'll only be more difficult to plan things out if she were there.

Her eyes widen and her cheeks started to puff, letting me know that she's trying to stop herself from giving in to her tears again. Like the way she usually does. It made me sad but I smiled, nonetheless to not trigger it. I raised my hand and rested my palm on top of her head. She was still sulking as she look up at me and I spoke.

"I'll be back quick, I promise." I should be because I don't think I can stand a whole day away from her by now. "By sunset, I'll be here. So wait for me, okay?"

Her eyes grew big and round all of a sudden. With how bright the day is, I can clearly see how flushed her cheeks got and her ears turned red in a quick second. Quickly averting her eyes, she looked to the other direction like a sulking kid.

"I-It's not like I can stop you anyway."

__________
Author's Note:
Man, I'm so tired for today but I'm glad I get to update this again. Might take a break for the next update tho not sure😮‍💨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 4K 38
- "i made it my life goal to protect you" - --------- [izana kurokawa x fem reader] --------- We all know the man with the 'special' earrings, we a...
5.6K 374 93
"𝗪𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝘂𝗺𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿." The day (Y/n) Midoriya died, it was t...
182K 6.4K 63
[COMPLETE ☑] 💚 Tomura x Fem!Izuku _________________________ When she was a kid,Midoriya once met an older boy at an abandoned building when she was...
342 34 11
*discontinued* A summary: Being a reincarnated character, Y/n desperately trys to remember her past... Only to be mentally picking up fragments of he...