Take You Down

By xxLastSummerxx

"Admit he scarred you, made you loose all the trust you had in anyone. Admit he's back and you feel endangere... More

Take You Down
Take You Down: Chapter Two
Take You Down: Chapter Three
Take You Down: Chapter Four
Take You Down: Chapter Five
Take You Down: Chapter Six
Take You Down: Chapter Seven (Part One)
Take You Down: Chapter Seven (Part Two)
Take You Down: Chapter Eight
Take You Down: Chapter Nine
Take You Down: Chapter Ten
Take You Down: Chapter Eleven
Take You Down: Chapter Twelve
Take You Down: Chapter Thirteen
Take You Down: Chapter Fourteen
Take You Down: Chapter Fifteen
Take You Down: Chapter Sixteen
Take You Down: Chapter Seventeen
Take You Down: Chapter Eighteen
Take You Down: Chapter Nineteen
Take You Down: Chapter Twenty One
Take You Down: Chapter Twenty Two
Take You Down: Chapter Twenty Three
Take You Down: Chapter Twenty Four
Take You Down: Chapter Twenty Five
Take You Down: Chapter Twenty Six
Take You Down: Chapter Twenty Seven
Author's Note
Take You Down: Chapter Twenty Eight
Take You Down: Chapter Twenty Nine
Take You Down: Chapter Thirty
Take You Down: Chapter Thirty One
Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Two
Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Three
Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Four
Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Five
Take You Down Chapter Thirty Six
Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Seven
Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Eight
Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Nine
Take You Down: Chapter Forty Part 1
Take You Down: Chapter Forty Part 2
Epilogue
Wattys2015 and Updates

Take You Down: Chapter Twenty

83.1K 1.2K 84
By xxLastSummerxx

The next morning, I wake up way earlier than usual. At around 5:45, I had realized it was pointless to try and sleep if I was restless. So instead, I decided to take a nice, soothing shower to relax myself. I got ready for school way earlier than usual, and for once, it was worth it.

About thirty minutes later, I hear the shower go on right as I finish up the last spoonfull of cereal. My eyes close in relief when I conclude that I won't have to give Pablo a lift to school-one less confrontation to face with him. After what happened yesterday, I'm not sure if I'd be ready to face him. The fact that he saw a glimpse of my past makes me shudder. I don't want his sympathy, and I most certainly don't want his temper.

And I have to say, yesterday morning, he looked pissed.

A sudden vibration from my jean pocket jolts me back to reality and I pull out my phone. It read one new mesage from Courtney.

Hey, you might want to see this

-Courtney

I frown and quickly reply with:

Why what is it?

-Madison

I press send and run over to the sink to dump my empty bowl in there. Now I'm curious to see what's going on. What makes me even more intrigued is the fact that Courtney's never this early to school. I don't wait for her to reply, but instead grab my keys and get in the car outside.

My thoughts flicker to Pablo once, until I reassure myself he's a big boy and can get to school either way. That seems to convince me because I start my engine and back out of the driveway.

All the way to school, I'm twisted in three things. Yesterday morning, Courtney's text, and Pablo at home.

The drive is only five minutes, so it doesn't take long for me to pull into the school and look for a parking spot. Considering it's getting around the time where people start coming in, I have to rush to get a good spot before anyone else.

Once I'm settled, I shut the engine off and grab my things, taking one final glance in the mirror before hopping out of the car. I dig my phone out of my pocket and see that I recieved a message from Adrianna six minutes ago.

Come to Wing 6 in the Languages section.

-Courtney

Weird.

Closing my phone, I look back once more before turning to run into the school halls.

Once I push through the doors, I walk to my left, cursing through my brain when I realize the Language wing is half way across the school. I quicken my pace slightly and jog up a set of stairs in the process. Turning a few more halls, I finally start to see a crowd when I reach the sixth wing.

What the hell...

Confused as a deer in the headlights, I follow where alot of people are going and shove through the crowd to get a first hand look. My breath nearly catches in my throat at what I see.

There Lucas is, with a sunset orange rose in his hand. He is smiling, a sweet dimpled smile, one that hides his horrid tricks. My eyes travel in shock to the girl standing beside him-Makayla. I dart my eyes, looking for Courtney to allow her to tell me that I'm only dreaming. However, when I see her on the other side, the grim expression she holds tells me I'm not imagining things.

Lucas makes a quick movement and I flash my eyes to him warily. He meets my eyes momentarily, and I catch something-I don't know what. He seems to shrug his shoulders back in a relaxing effect after he sees me, and he goes back to that smile that only Courtney and I can identify as fake.

"I know I barely know you," Lucas begins while Makayla's face starts to turn slightly red, "But I think you're definitely someone I'd love to get to know. You're beatiful-even more so than this rose- and it would be amazing if I even got the chance to hang out with you."

A couple of 'oohs' and 'awwes' come from the crowd, while I on the other hand, feel like bile is coming up my throat. Makayla wouldn't...right? She knows that Lucas and I have dated, and maybe this will stop  right here, right now. Maybe she'll think it's wrong to date a best friends ex, and I won't have to explain to her what he tried to do.

The hope vanishes from my thoughts when Makayla takes the rose from Lucas's hand. He, in return, grins at her and a couple boys wolf whistle.

"Makayla," Lucas says in a charming tone, "Will you come to homecoming with me?"

My eyes widen in shock, if they aren't already, and my mind starts to scream 'no' as loud as it can. My mouth however, is still. Frozen like an iceberg. Nothing can move it, either from the numbness or the terror. I can only watch as Makayla nods her head up and down like a bobble head trophie.

In front of my eyes, Lucas bends down to give Makayla a 'warm' embrace, and she hugs back, a starstruck look on her face. He says something in her ear, but I don't hear it. I only see their lips moving back and forth. Then, Lucas walks off in the other direction, but not before sparing me one dirty glance. It's then that it finalizes my answers.

He doesn't feel anything for Makayla.

He's just using her as another one of his sick toys.

My thoughts are interrupted by a tiny squeal. Makayla jumps infront of me as Lucas disappears down the halls and puts two hands on her shoulders.

"Ohmygod!" She breathes in excitement, "Did you see that?"

I nod my head meekly, "Yeah I did."

I didn't want her to feel like I didn't want her to be happy. But at the same time, this is Lucas we're talking about. He'll keep her happy for two minutes, and that's when it'll go downhill. I don't want Makayla to have to go through what I went through. Hell no. 

I clench my jaw, determined to stay strong and voice my opinion. Afterall, she has told me her thoughts loud and clear before. I can't let her get walked all over-at least not when I'm here to watch it.

Courtney comes up next to me, almost as if she knows what I'm doing, but she covers up her worry with a smile on her face.

"Look Makayla," I start, while she stops jumping up and down, "I just want you to be careful."

She freezes and stares at me, a little furrow making its way to her face. Then, it's as if understandment floods her face, and she grins.

"Don't worry!" She reassures me, "He seems to have learned his lesson."

That gets my anger boiling, because I know he hasn't. I have first hand proof of it.

"But he hasn't though..." I say as quietly as I can. I hope that my calm, resolute tone will convince her.

Makayla steps back and laughs a humorless laugh, "I can't believe this!"

She has a look of pure anger and betrayal on her face. I open my mouth to speak, but Courtney sides for me.

"Makayla she's right. We're both happy for you, but you need to be careful." 

Makayla throws her hands up in the air and scoffs, "Of course!" She points her finger at me and squints her eyes, "I can't believe you would actually stoop that low! The one time I'm happy, you get jealous and try and ruin it for me! Well I'm sorry that you two didn't work out. I'm so flipping sorry that he got tired of you and your boring ass and moved on!"

My blood boils with rage, so much so that I can feel myself turning pale instead of red. Her words echo in my ears like high pitched squeals-the one know one would ever like to hear. Again, my hearing fades and I can only watch her lips move. Courtney steps up to her and throws her hand in the air, then points towards me as if proving a point.

Whatever she said makes Makayla throw her head back and open her mouth-probably to laugh. She looks back at her, but this time, her 'laughter' is replaced with a menacing glare. She holds two fingers up and points them at us. She mutters something and Courtney takes a threatening step closer. Makayla motions the space between them and holds her palms up. Courtney shrugs her shoulders in anger and Makayla starts to back away with a taunting expression on her face. After a few backsteps, she spins on her heel and storms off, her hair bouncing like springs.

When I see her descend, the only thing I can think of is how it's my fault. Lucas wouldn't have made a move like this if Pablo and I weren't 'together'. I know he's doing this to get to me because he knows that I know what he's capable of. He knows I care for my friends-more than I ever cared for him- so he's using it against me.

"Madison!"

"Madison. Can you hear me?" I feel a shake on my shoulders, "Madison?"

Just like that, I realize that I'm frozen, so I snap my head in the direction of the shaking. To my surprise, instead of it being Courtney, I see the concerned face of Pablo.

He has his head bent low, the creases on his forhead more prominent as he lifts his eyebrows. I put a hand on his, the one resting on my shoulder, and he seems to relax slightly.

"Oh god." I hear Courtney mutter on the side, a hand on her face.

Pablo ducks to catch my attention again, "Que pasa? Are you okay sweetpea?"

The reality comes crashing down on me, and I stare at the boy in front of me. The boy who I can no longer be with. The longer I'm around him, the longer Lucas will be with Makayla. Don't get me wrong, I'm furious at what she said-it's just that nobody deserves to be treated the way I was.

My eyes meet Pablo's concerned ones and I take his hand off my shoulder. I ignore a look that crosses his features, mainly because I know that if I take the time to figure it out, I might change my mind at what I'm about to do.

"Pablo," I say, trying to unstrain my voice, "we need to talk."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Yeahhhh!

GUYS. You don't understand how HAPPY I am right now! I finally got around my writers block! I have this all planned out. It feels so freaking good to be free again haha.

Anyways, this means more frequency on this story. THAT means this book is NO LONGER ON HOLD!

WOoOoOoOoOoOoOooooo

You can tell I'm excited!

Kay. I'm just gonna leave now.

Can I get 10 comments and 45 votes before my next upload?

xxSummerxx

VOMMENT.

Oh P.S: I'm sorry if this is poorly edited. I WILL go back and change everything-and YES, I am aware that I changed my story from past tense to future. I will be fixing that soon as well!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 124 54
"Get Away From Me" I stated as backed up against the wall. "I can do whatever I damn well, please. You belong to me." He said before kissing me. ...
8.8K 80 25
Completed!! -- I could hear him running behind me. "HELP!" I started to scream the words repeatedly. I felt like I was the stupid, helpless girl in...
1.8K 322 100
"Every time I close my eyes, I see a man with long arms and no face." said Emily. *** Adam lives in a small town in Massachusetts with his two daugt...
55K 1.6K 32
"You can't imagine the things I'd do if I put my hands on you" He murmured huskily and I felt his hot breath feathering by my ear making my knees tr...