On The Run | Wakasa I. (Tokyo...

By noticeyoursenpaii

[WAKASA X READER] When a long time friend of the Black Dragons' former members suddenly returns after years w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back in Japan
Chapter 2: Beg
Chapter 3: Walk Home
Chapter 4: Dinner With You
Chapter 5: Carry
Chapter 6: Old Friend
Chapter 7: Dumb
Chapter 8: Forced to Date
Chapter 9: Lies
Chapter 10: Missing Person
Chapter 11: Suspicious Men
Chapter 12: Heiress
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Quarrel
Chapter 16: With The Akashi
Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive
Chapter 18: Runaway Bride
Chapter 19: Apologies
Chapter 20: Distant
Chapter 21: Attacked
Chapter 22: Worry
Chapter 23: Scars
Chapter 24: A First
Chapter 25: Victim
Chapter 26: Stay
Chapter 27: A Night To Remember
Chapter 28: The Day It Started
Chapter 29: Mistakes
Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye
Chapter 31: Words We Want To Hear
Chapter 32: Still On The Run
Chapter 33: Missing
Chapter 34: A Friend's Care
Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag
Chapter 36: Scared
Chapter 37: Princess and The Royal Guard
Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother
Chapter 39: Raid
Chapter 40: Run With Me
Chapter 41: Run Away
Chapter 43: Guilt
Chapter 44: I Promised
Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us
Chapter 46: Treat
Chapter 47: One-Sided
Chapter 48: Talk
Chapter 49: Worst Friend
Chapter 50: The Densest
Chapter 51: A Little Help
Chapter 52: Better Hurry
Chapter 53: Bad Feeling
Chapter 54: Weak Side of Me
Chapter 55: The Surprise
Chapter 56: Miracle
Chapter 57: No Home To Return To
Chapter 58: Unwanted Promise
Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto
Chapter 60: Awake
Chapter 61: End Things
Chapter 62: I Want To See Her
Chapter 63: Past
Chapter 64: Accept
Chapter 65: Approaching Battle
Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again
Chapter 67: Sacrifice
Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother
Chapter 69: Saved
Chapter 70: Finally
Chapter 71: Back To You
Epilogue

Chapter 42: Crazy

1.2K 75 32
By noticeyoursenpaii

3RD PERSON'S POV

The two walked across the streets of Tokyo. Sensing people stare at them especially men, Wakasa turned to look at his partner and noticed her only wearing her house shorts and a huge shirt that he snatched earlier out of hurry. He quickly removed his jacket and wrapped it around her as she was hugging herself. While he's on it, he also noticed how uneasy the girl looked.

"What is it?" He asked, pulling her closer to him by placing his arm on her back and to her shoulder.

"I think—I think someone's following us." She said, roaming her eyes around, feeling uncomfortable at the crowd that's passing by them. Sensing her worries, he only pulled her with him as they fastened their pace.

"Let's hurry."

Soon enough, they reached the train station where a lot of people are waiting. The two tried their best to blend in so they wouldn't be spotted easily. However, Y/N can't seem to stand still as she kept on shifting and turn from side to side, being wary of her surroundings.

All of a sudden, from the entrance of the subway, she spotted a few men craning their necks from the crowd as if looking for someone. She immediately started to panic, worried that there are a lot of people around them.

"Waka..." She subconsciously grabbed his hand to get his attention as she kept her head low. Wakasa can feel her being worried. At that moment, all he can see is how the girl turned into like a vulnerable puppy the moment she became aware of Calix's presence. And it only proved to him how much the girl has suffered in his hands.

"It's alright. The train will be here any minute now." Was all he said while squeezing her hand in his to reassure her.

And as if the Gods has answered their prayers, the train really did arrive. But the moment the door was open, the crowd had started to go out of hand as they all squeezed into the opening, forcing themselves in and pushing others out.

"Ah!" Unfortunately, Y/N's hand slipped from Wakasa's hold due to the crowd around them. "Waka!" She called out in an instant. The moment Waka turned around, the girl was already being pushed back by the people.

"Y/N!" He shouted, feeling his heart drop at the sight of her figure being pushed farther. "Out of the way!" He tried to push the people to the side so he could go to her but the crowd just keeps coming back as he was being pushed to the opposite direction to the girl. "Y/N!!" He shouted once again, extending his arm in hopes to reach her as she did the same while squeezing through the crowd.

Both of them felt relief wash over them when their hands managed to touch each other's. But as soon as he was about to pull her, something caught them by surprise.

Y/N's hand was harshly tugged out of his grip by her wrist as she winced in pain.

"Where do you think you're going??" There beside her, a tall and muscular blond male stood with a strict-looking face, eyeing the girl down. Wakasa's heart dropped when he saw the reaction of the girl when she saw him.

"Y/N!!" He shouted as he managed to survive through the crowd that was already inside the train. They were already being surrounded by multiple men who were by his house a moment ago and he can't help but worry when he has confirmed that the man standing in front of him is none other than Calix who stood out from them the most. They are all standing in front of the train's open door.

Y/N already had a hopeless look on her face. All she could think of is she's already caught. She knows she can't fight Calix on her own. It felt like a nightmare to see him again after a little while. Nothing much has changed. He's still the same old Calix without conscience.

Scared for the man who helped her all this time, she turned to Wakasa, almost teary-eyed. However, the sound of the closing of the door distracted every one of them. Wakasa started to panic inside, thinking they might not make it and be forced to face them all. But Y/N had a different thought in mind. She took this opportunity to take a few steps in front of Wakasa quickly. When Wakasa turned back to her, he soldiers felt a second of relief, thinking she can make it but a part of him felt confused when he noticed Calix smirking as if he knew what's coming next as he let the girl move. However, it was too late for him to react when a hand had already pushed his chest, causing him to stumble backward.

Time seemed to move slow in Wakasa's perspective. He was too shock to even react. All he could see is Y/N's sad look on her face as she mouthed the words.

"Go. I'll come to you, I promise."

It was just right on time when he was caught by someone from inside the train, preventing him from falling and the door closed right before his eyes. Right on the glass window, he can clearly see the girl standing in front of him, separated from him by the door.

As they are about to leave, he witnessed how the men took hold of the girl, making her kneel to the ground as they took hold of each of her arms, restraining her. He immediately reached to the door as if it's gonna help him come near her.

He wanted to get out of the train so bad. He wanted to be by her side at that moment even if he has to be beaten up by those men. Seeing her dealing with it alone made him frustrated so much. He felt so desperate to open the door as he tried to look for anything that can switch it to open but found nothing.

Until the train had started moving...

"No! Y/N!!" He called out once more as if she could hear him. He punched the door, feeling his tears prickling his eyes out of frustration.

And once again in his life, he regretted for failing to be there for the person he loves in the most dangerous situation.

Meanwhile at the train station where the rest were left alone.

"You really thought you can escape from me?" Calix taunted with a mocking chuckle, making fun of what he thinks is the foolishness of the girl. Y/N remained silent, already knowing the answer to such question. "You really think I'll let you go off with a guy after everything I've been through for you?" He continued, making her snap her head towards him with a glare.

"And you really think I'll stay with you after you ordered some men to kill me??" She spat. Calix however grabbed her jaw harshly and made her face him forcefully.

"And you believe them?" His gaze was hard as he stare down at her. She kept her mouth shut, not knowing what to say. Like why else would she doubt them when they said they were sent by him?

When she didn't answer him, Calix shook his head while clicking his tongue repeatedly.

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N~ Haven't I told you yet?" He licked his lips and moved closer to the girl's face. She gritted her teeth, trying to keep herself composed when it's already so hard to be in her right state of mind now that he's in front of her. "You know I would never do that. You're mine to keep. Therefore, only I can harm you in any way. Not anyone, not my men. Do you understand?" Y/N shivered uncontrollably at his words. That's how Calix sees her. A thing. A property. She was dumb before to even think that she can grow to love him through time.

She then forced her face out of his grip and glared at him.

"You're just an obsessed psychopath. You're one crazy man, Calix." She spat out but he only laughed in response while playing with a few strands of her hair, twirling it around his fingers.

"And it's all because of you, Y/N. You made me like this and you know that very well." He claimed.

Y/N felt her blood boil in an instant and without thinking, she rose up from the ground and almost attacked him if it weren't for the men restraining her. She reacted harshly with a growl.

"You're sick! Never once in my life have I ever led you on, you know that! You're just delusional! You even ruined my life!" She shouted.

Ever since she met Calix, he had started to try to catch her attention in any possible way that he can manage. He's her friend's brother and the son of her father's friend so she didn't really treat him indifferently. But she never expected that a simple and common kindness will lead him to this. He had always pictured out that the two of them love each other before but she could never let him live with such lie when at that time she didn't want to be with anyone after what happened with her situation with Wakasa.

'I didn't know it'll affect him this way.'

"Ahh, I missed you so much that I never had anyone land a punch or a kick on me on the days you weren't around."  He started, implying how much of a good guy he was at the times she was around. He crouched down to her level and held her cheek to which she finds disgusting. "You look so beautiful like this." His words were sweet yet venomous.

She pulled back, disgusted by his touch. But he only sighed and chuckle to himself, ignoring the girl's behaviour.

"Tell me, Y/N. That guy..." He stood up and went to stand exactly at the end of waiting line as he face the entrance where a new train is approaching. "Is he your boyfriend?" His question made Y/N freeze in place.

"H-He..." She didn't know the answer to his question. Sure, she has spent moments with the man and has been too close with him for the past days but he never did mention anything about commitment. Once again, she was hit by the harsh reality that she had forgotten. She is still the girl that Wakasa only treated as a friend.

It was as if Calix is taunting her by waking her up to the reality she's in even though to his eyes, he's seen enough to conclude that the man truly feels something for her. He knows. Because those were the eyes he used to have when he fell for the girl.

Too bad everything went down for him.

Y/N on the other hand, felt embarrassed as she clutch onto the hem of Wakasa's jacket around her. Tears were threatening to fall as she recall everything that happened between her and the long haired man. The question only hit her now of all times. She didn't even think about it until Calix mentioned it.

"He's not..." she whispered almost in a breathy voice.

Calix smiled at this, knowing he's hit a nerve at how the girl grew quieter.

"Good. You're mine, remember that." He said before turning back to facing the train with his hands behind him, showing how defenseless he can be around her... as if he's mocking her how helpless she can be around him.

However, behind him, Y/N's mind was already going blank. There was nothing else but dark thoughts swirling in her mind at that moment. Through the strands of her hair astrayed on her face, she glared at the man standing in front with pure hatred. As she did so, the sound of the train approaching the station echoed in their surroundings. She chuckled darkly to herself, clearly not in her right mind any longer.

With how loud the surrounding is, Calix failed to notice the pained grunts and groans from behind him as Y/N tried to break free from their grip. However, the moment he noticed a presence behind him, he turned around, alarmed by the girl's quick movements.

But it was too late.

"I hate you." Was all he heard from her before he felt two hands pushing him.

And before he knew it, he was already falling towards the railings with the train just a few seconds away from hitting him. At that moment, it felt the same as Wakasa's situation where everything went quiet and slow. But to him, there was no intention to save him the way she did to the man but instead to kill him. He was falling to his death and yet all he can see is the hatred in the eyes of the person he loved. Those were the eyes that held so much life and light when she came into his life. The eyes that he loved so much that he could dream of it night by night. The eyes that once looked at him with a smile.

Where did it all go wrong?

He can only smile at the stupid question. He knew exactly where it all went wrong.

It was when his obsession overcame his love for the girl.

He closed his eyes, accepting his death with open arms and not a single fight. In his last moment, he thought to himself with regret.

'If I had chosen a different path, would I have had a different ending with her?'

__________
Author's Note:
For a mere second, I felt pity for him but oh well... bye bye Calix, I guess. No fight scenes because I'm a lazy ass person.

Calix being the main villain but only met his end with a train— Truck-kun now has a bestie, y'all👽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 397 24
It started off as innocent fun at your good friend's party; you having one of the best nights for the first time in ages. But you'd soon learn that s...
22.5K 338 17
Y/N is a quiet girl who avoids people as much as possible. That's why on her first day at Nekoma high school she goes to the roof to eat lunch on her...
18K 727 60
《Read To Find out what happened next!》 【Short Description Of The Story】 Rachel was reincarnated to the anime she often watched/read, she met the form...
69.7K 3.2K 53
[SHINICHIRO X READER] After almost five years of not being able to cross paths with each other, two people are reunited in a blind date set by a fri...