Memoir of the Messenger (tras...

By 01LuNa08

The war has ended, they had finally killed the man whose sole ambition is to conquer the world, the White Sta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
End

Chapter 7

15.1K 959 319
By 01LuNa08

The scene faded and was replaced by, Choi han, who stood across Cale. Restless nights sat under his eyes as kept his voice monotone and informed Cale about what happened at the Harris village.

Cale crossed his legs and asked. "Why should my father care whether or not some useless villagers are dead?"

His pale face reflected upon the clear alcohol as he raised his cup and tautly added. "This cup of alcohol in my hand is worth more than all of your useless lives combined."

Cale finally turned his back at him and looked as though he could not be bothered with him any longer and resumed his drinking.

But Choi Han has other plans as he starts to laugh at Cale’s words, his face darkening.

Cale snaps up at the sound.

Choi han tilted his head and spoke. "What an interesting thought. I am very curious to know whether you will change your mind or not."

He clenches his fist as he glares at Cale as though he wants to incinerate him and asked. "Shall we test it out?"

Cale only furrowed his brow at him.

In a blink of an eye, Cale has laid flat on the wooden floor as Choi han lunged at him, knocking him to the ground.

The glass of alcohol that was previously in Cale's hand, has shattered onto the floor, as well as a couple of bottles of alcohol and the chair where Cale has sat.

Using his aura, his fist mercilessly collided with Cale's body.

And soon the air was filled with the sickening sound of Cale's bones breaking as Choi han brutally punches him.

Violan quickly covered Lily's eyes that were trembling with fear and anger. Not knowing her expression was somewhat the same. Only, it was more anger than fear.

The others couldn't help but screech in horror, even Rosalyn let out a gasp.

While Cale strives not to make a sound as his body screamed with pain and despite the metallic taste of blood in his mouth, the smile on his face didn’t falter.

They were all stupefied by what was happening, especially the ones who only have read of this incident in the papers.

But it clearly stated in there that the Count's eldest son had gone completely overboard with his words and a black-haired man, who later revealed to be Choi han, their hero, only thought him a lesson.

It didn't say that the said lesson was beating him.

Even if the young master was deliberately provocative, it still doesn't justify his action.

The worst part of all of this is that Deruth has heard this incident from one of his subordinates. But he was never aware of the extent of what happened to his son.

That Cale has suffered like this.

And yes, they might have notified him, but they told him that his son was involved in a fight with someone, the same person who later came to him that day, telling him about the deaths of the people in the Harris village.

Not that he was beaten to a pulp by a stranger, and it was only one-sided. His son never even tried to fight back.

And that time, he didn't have the luxury to check up on him or to pursue the matter as he became busy taking care of the Harris village and decided to send him a healer.

And didn't bother visiting him afterward, as he was informed that his son was back into drinking just a few days later.

Just like that, this incident was forgotten.

Deruth felt his knees have weakened, a feeling he couldn't comprehend overtakes him.

Sorrow, anger, or maybe regret, he couldn't tell.

But one thing is for sure, he couldn't— no, he refuses to stay still and do nothing.

Not when the culprit was just standing there.

He subconsciously closed his fist and took a step forward.

His eyes were exploding with fury as he glance towards Choi han, who stood blankly at the scene. He was about to make his way towards him when a hand stopped him from even moving an inch.

He tried to retract his arm from his grasp. But as he turned to face the owner of the hand.

The face of his other son came into his view.

Basen was staring directly at him, his grip tightened in Deruth's arm as he slowly shook his head but his eyes reflected the same emotion.

He wants to save his son, he knew his family wants the same thing, and beating Choi han on impulse wasn't the right answer to that and it would only worsen the situation.

That's why Basen has stopped him from making a rash decision.

He pursed his lips as he reluctantly suppressed his anger and gathered his bearing.

Deruth was aware he could easily break one of these windows and kill all of them. They wouldn't bother killing his son anymore when they are all dead right?

Contrary to their family motto, he didn't value his life more compared to his family.

And the others, well... They can all go to hell.

But he can't...

Deruth glances towards his wife and Lily before looking back at Basen. He first has to think this through.

But how exactly?

How can he save his family, without losing another?

Cale's head snaps to the side as Choi han punches him in the face with full force, where a purple bruise begins to form.

Suddenly, Cale begin to smile bitterly and let out a mocking laugh, which aggravated Choi han more and his rage became more uncontrollable.

However, they realize that Cale wasn't exactly mocking him.

Rather, Cale was mocking himself.

They weren't sure if it was because of what he did that resulted in him in that situation or maybe even thinking someone would step in and help him.

They followed his line of sight and saw a man they all recognize, standing in the corner.

It was Beacrox.

Ron didn't know his son was present at that time, for the first time in his life, he felt great disappointment in his son.

Beacrox could feel it despite his father not sparing him a single glance.

Cale's eyes begin to wander around the room, and soon more people came into view.

But they only stood by and watched the things play out, with no intention of stepping in between them.

Some were scared, while most were thinking it was karma coming back for the young master for all the years of acting in such way.

And that he deserved to be beaten.

They all slowly looked back towards the two.

Blood streamed down the side of Cale's face, across his chin, and every corner of his body was wounded, staining his pale skin red, and bruises covered him entirely.

But Choi han wasn't stopping anytime soon and looked as though he have the intention of beating him to death.

As he continued to launch at him with his fist.

But regardless of that, you couldn't entirely blame either of them.

They're both at fault and also had their reasons.

It was the circumstance that forced both of them to change, forced to harden their hearts, even if the young master and Choi han did not want to.

Although they don't have the same situation and were never really alone— if you count the monsters lurking inside the Forrest and the servants who detested and talks freely behind their young master's back.

You could say that they both had suffered a great deal of pain and felt the same loneliness.

And just as how much Choi han values the Harris village and its people, is how much Cale loathed it.

It left him a big scar in his heart, and just by mere mentioning its name, filled him with nothing but abhorrence.

it's where his pain was rooted.

But the Choi han in front of them has no knowledge of any of that, and his mind was clouded with vengeance, grief, and guilt at this point to even think straight or have a better judgment.

After decades of suffering in that dreadful forest... Alone, with nothing but a gruesome monster wanting to eat him.

From that point on, the innocent 17-year-old teenager was forced to grow, experience things you would never want to.

Sleepless nights, not eating for days. 

Once tried a fruit that was quite similar to what they have, back in his home, only to turn out as something poisonous.

It's a good thing it wasn't deadly enough to kill him and only paralyzed half of his body for hours, but the fear of some monster would eat him in that kind of state, traumatized to never eating anymore other than the meat he got from the monster he killed.

Enduring the tasteless and even sometimes bitter taste that lingers in his mouth.

Too hungry to even mind or complain.

And just when Choi han finally thought his sufferings has ended, this person had once again lost his home for the second time around.

However this time, his sanity along with it.

And to him, this person was nothing but someone who disparage their deaths. Choi han can't just let him get away with it.

No matter what the consequences are.

He'll just deal with it later.

Besides, his hands were already stained with blood.

Just like Cale who doesn't care about being called trash or other names.

Being called a monster is the least of Choi han worries.

Minutes have passed and Cale could now barely open his eyes, his breathing began to stagger, and could hardly breathe through his mouth.

He laid lifelessly and could be mistaken as a corpse as the disorderly sounds of many footsteps suddenly can be heard coming from somewhere and soon a group of knights can be seen.

Someone might have gone and called them without anyone noticing.

At that moment, the atmosphere started to thaw.

Cale's expression gradually relaxed as he lose his consciousness and at the same time the image slowly disappeared.

Choi han stood expressionless but in contrast to his outer appearance, his heart was anxiously wishing for it to be over.

And didn't realize he let out a breath of relief as he witnessed himself being dragged away by a group of knights, like some type of animal.

He looked towards the younger version of himself, covered in blood, soaked with sweat, and seemed to be physically and emotionally tired as he didn't even try to throw off the hands that were restraining him.

He wasn't sure what he was trying to get from Cale.

An apology, maybe?

Or was it because he just wanted to vent his anger?

Unable to look anymore, he turned his head away, only to see his reflection in the window staring back at him.

His face didn't hold any emotion at all, as though he had forgotten how to feel anymore. He gradually glance down to his palms, where traces of Elisneh's blood remained.

Choi han clenched his hands in silence, he felt his heart ache to the point of suffocation as a realization hit him.

He hasn't changed one bit.

He was still the same old monster, that he, himself detested.

Choi han remembers the chants and cries he often hears whenever he came back from battles that he led.

Savior and Hero are some of the few things he hears from them.

But to Choi han, it was more of ridicule than praise.

A hero? He knew he could never be that. Savior? You can say he was something close to that.

But it was only because he eliminated most of their enemies. Thus, he considers himself nothing more than a weapon or a murderer.

He gave a side glance to the crown prince, his liege.

Maybe that's why he didn't mind being used and regarded as one.

Choi han turned his head and catches sight of youth, covered with bruises and his body was wrapped in bandages.

And seems like a couple of days have passed and a lot of high-grade healing potion was used as he appears to be much better than before.

And soon the door was pushed open, a maid holding a tray of healing potions walked in, muttering under her breath. "I can't believe I was assigned under him."

she sighed as she added. "If only sir Ron was here."

She continued her complaint as she made her towards him. As she was about to place it on the side table, a cold voice poured out from the bed.

"Then leave."

The maid jumped in fright, dropping the healing potion onto the floor.

"Y-Young master." The maid turned ghastly pale as her eyes dilated, she recoiled, moving farther from Cale.

She didn't know what she should be worried about more, the fact that the young master heard her constant rumbling or the broken potions that were too expensive for her, that even her yearly salary was not enough to cover.

She quickly dropped to her knees and her head to the floor. "Young master, please forgive this maid her impudence!"

But Cale only ignored her as if he was used to this situation and was too tired to deal with her and prompted her to just leave.

The maid quickly stood up, weeping as she head towards the door without looking back. Afraid that the young master would change his mind the next moment.

But before she went out, Cale inquired.

"Where is Ron?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 435 4
If he had known his dream would lead to this end. He doesn't want it. The scarifies that were made. The feeling of loss that revolved around him. ...
2.2K 111 26
Disclaimer: 백작가의 망나니가 되었다 - 유려한 | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction. ...
9.7K 607 9
The son of a Count in Northeast of Roan Kingdom, is named Cale Henituse, had lost his mother and his father had neglected him. The once cheerful chil...
173K 13.8K 52
Somehow, a narcoleptic transmigrator is working as a stablehand in the Henituse County. That's fine, there's no way Cale would care enough about this...