I Hate Myself For Loving You

By 50sicons

Johnny Lawrence hates Daniel LaRusso's guts or... perhaps he wants him to rearrange his guts. Johnny has fall... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 8

1.8K 37 47
By 50sicons

Daniel woke up and was sprawled out on the hardwood floor, groaning softly as he tried to recollect how he ended up in a heap on the floor. He rubbed his throbbing head and noticed Johnny fast asleep in his bed, which was the answer to how he had ended up on the floor. A brief smile fell on his face as he watched Johnny's chest rise and fall in time with his snoring. Daniel was admiring the sleeping boy, brushing a small piece of hair out of his eyes, goggling at him before a sharp knock on the door startled him.

"Daniel? Are you up?" His mother sweetly called out as panic seized Daniel.

He quickly shook Johnny from his slumber while bellowing, "Just a minute, ma! I'm getting dressed."

Johnny groaned, sliding further into the duvet, which Daniel swiftly pulled off of him and ordered him to get up. "Quick, I need you to hide in my closet."

Johnny stared at him in confusion while shaking his head in disagreement and stated, "I'm not hiding in that tiny ass closet of yours."

"Either you get in that tiny ass closet, or I'll push your god damn ass out of the window and don't think I won't because I will. Those are your two choices," Daniel said in irritation as he tapped his foot against the floor nervously.

Johnny put his hands up, surrendering, and mumbled, "Fine, fine, I'm going, jeez anyways."

Johnny crawled into the tiny closet, shutting the door, contorting his body in an odd position so that he could fit in the tight little space as Daniel opened his bedroom door, fluffing his hair back and straightening his shirt.

"Good morning, Daniel! I just wanted to see your baby browns before I left for work." His mother gleefully said as she kissed the top of his head.

"Ma, come on. Enough with the baby browns." Daniel said as he rolled his eyes, pulling his mother in for a hug, but was soon disrupted when they both heard a crash from the closet.

"What was that?" His mother exclaimed as a worried expression fell upon her face.

"Rats!" Daniel blurted out before wincing at what he said.

"Rats?! Oh my god, we have rats! Oh, Daniel, will you please get the maintenance guy. We'll have to exterminate this entire place!" His mother screamed in terror while shivering in fright as she neared closer to the closet door.

Daniel ran in front of the closet door and stated, "Ma, I'm just kidding! There are no rats, I promise. Something must've fallen from the top of my closet, that's all."

Daniel's mother scowled and smacked him lightly on the head while saying, "Daniel, that's not even something to joke about! Do you know the heart attack you just about gave me? Goodness gracious, boy. Now, I must be off to work, so please behave yourself, got it?"

His mother turned on her heels, exiting Daniel's room as a sigh of relief escaped Daniel's lips just as Johnny jumped out of the closet.

"Rats!" Johnny mocked in a high-pitched voice before boyishly giggling, resulting in Daniel giving him the evil eye.

"Oh, shut up! I panicked, okay? I panicked." Daniel said in a snarky tone, glowering at the blond boy that was in front of him.

"You're not a very good liar, are you?" Johnny said with a smirk.

"And you are, huh?"

"Perhaps. Better than your little antic you just performed."

"Whatever. Come on, we have enough time to make pancakes!" Daniel exclaimed in excitement as he grabbed Johnny's hand, running through the apartment to the kitchen area, grabbing out the supplies to make pancakes. Daniel grabbed a banana and started chopping it up.

"You're not going to put the bananas in the pancakes, are you?" Johnny inquisitively asked, pretending to gag.

"What do you have against bananas? They're healthy! Lemme guess you'd rather have chocolate chips in the pancakes?" He said with a scoff.

"Exactly!" Johnny said with a nod as he began rummaging in the cupboards until he found the bag of chocolate chips. "Aha, here we go." He ripped open the bag of chocolate chips and dumped almost the entire bag into the pancake mix as Daniel swatted him hard.

"You nearly dumped the whole bag of chocolate chips in! Come on, Johnny. You're going to have high cholesterol by the time you're thirty." Daniel groaned in slight annoyance.

"And what does that have to do with you, hmm?" Johnny said before returning his attention to the pancake batter, thoroughly mixing it and giving the bowl to Daniel.

Daniel took the murky mixture, sneaking a few banana slices into the goop, and began placing them on the griddle, hearing the satisfying sizzle the pancakes made as soon as they hit the grease. They began to bubble up, indicating it was time to flip them, and Daniel used the spatula and flipped them over. He soon grabbed two plates, along with maple syrup and a bowl of cherries. The pancakes were soon done and Daniel piled the steamy golden goodness onto a plate as Johnny grabbed one, burning the tips of his fingers.

"Ah, damn it!" He cried out in pain as the pancake fell on the kitchen counter.

"Johnny, I just got them off the griddle! Why can't you ever be patient?"

"I'm hungry." Johnny said with a pout as he blew on his burnt finger, sticking it out in front of Daniel while saying, "Please kiss it better."

A smile tugged at Daniel's lips as he pulled his finger up to his lips and placed a gentle kiss to it before stating, "You're too much."

They both began piling up the pancakes onto their plates and Daniel watched as Johnny plopped a piece of pancake into his mouth. The pancake practically melted in Johnny's mouth as the taste of chocolate chips and the hint of banana swirled around in his mouth.

"Did you add bananas?" Johnny said, narrowing his eyes at Daniel.

"And so what if I did? You seem to be enjoying the pancakes just fine." 

"The only reason the pancakes are enjoyable is because my chocolate chips pretty much cancel out the rancid bananas."

"You sure complain a lot," Daniel said as he began to eat his pile of pancakes, enjoying the combination of chocolate and bananas that sat on the tip of his tongue.

"We should skip class today," Johnny said nonchalantly.

Daniel nearly choked on his pancakes and widened his eyes while profusely shaking his head and said, "Absolutely not! Are you out of your rabid ass mind?"

"Don't be a drag, LaRusso. Besides, when have you ever done something badass like that, hmmm?"

"Never and I'd like to keep it that way, thank you very much," Daniel huffed out dramatically.

"Suit yourself, but I'm going to." Johnny said with a shrug as he washed his pancakes done with a glass of milk.

Daniel chewed on his lip as he contemplated his options and cleared his throat while nervously asking, "If I uh decide to skip with you, how can we guarantee we won't be caught?"

Johnny gave a chortle while exclaiming, "There's no guarantee. That's what makes it so fun."

"So, you're telling me I could potentially get caught for skipping class and deal with major consequences and that's suppose to be fun?"

"If you're going to be such a wet mop over it, then you might as well not skip, church boy."

"Don't call me church boy," Daniel said, glaring at Johnny from across the table.

"Don't call me this, don't call me that. You can be a real drag, y'know that? Just skip classes with me this one time. Give me a chance to make that date up to you."

"Why can't you take me on a date when we don't have to be in school," Daniel said with a scowl evident on his face.

"So, what do you say? Will you skip school with me or do I have to get on my knees and beg like a dog?"

"You wouldn't do that," Daniel said with a boyish giggle.

Johnny got off the chair and got on his knees and began pleading, "Oh, please, please won't you skip school with me."

Daniel's shoulders began to shake from giggling so hard as he opened his mouth to speak in between laughter, "Yes, yes I'll skip with you."

"Hell yeah! I promise I'll make it a good day." Johnny said in excitement as his blue Tenerife Sea colored eyes lit up in happiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 3.8K 17
EPIPHANY | "game on, princess." ใ€‹in which a girl falls for a friendใ€Š [ the karate kid - johnny lawrence ] ------ I don't own anything except my ow...
29.1K 353 9
The karate kid, 1984. "๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ?" ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ. "๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข...
107K 2.2K 25
(1/3)๐Ÿฅ‹ Daniel LaRusso, a almost 16 year old teenager, has just moved from New Jersey to the sunshine state of California. Within the first two days...
234K 7.2K 73
A fun twist on "The Karate Kid" where YOU are in the rivalry with Johnny Lawrence :) After the passing of your grandfather, you are forced to throw a...