The Vampire Prince graduates...

By Mama_Kas

After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is grad... More

Q&A
Development Project
For the Future
Career Exams
Promises
Invitation
Family Talk
Dinner
Confessions
A Whole New World
Senior Year
Orientation
Convenient
Quiet Moment
Unexpected
Second Breakfast
Theory
Letting the Cat out of the Bag
Internship
AU - Hot Chocolate at the park
Debts
Insecure
Back-Up Plan
My Brain Hurts
P.I.
Cooperation
Let Me Hold Your Papers
Auction (Part 1)
Auction (Part 2)
Reply
The Truth
Building Bridges
Brownies make good breakfast
Digging for Information
Pep talk
Moving Forward
Insight
It Happened
Remain Calm
Lady Hargrave
Trust
Inside Job
Resurfaced
Not a Promise
Breach
In your Arms
Around the dinner table
Camellia
Roommates
Ambush
Henry
Betrayed
Call Him
Exercise Caution
Sold
Served
I Know
Gifts
Unwrapping
Traditions
Plans
What's the Rush?
A Traitor Among Us
Hacked
The Final Countdown
Love, Strength, and Trust
Well Wishes
To the Future
Times are Changing
Riot
We're Everywhere
Captured
Pawn
Exchange
Exposed
Escape
Rescued
The Truth Revealed
Sleeping Beauty
A Cure
Immobilized
Awakened
Princess
Loyalty
Graduation
Epilogue

Ice-cream Break

756 49 1
By Mama_Kas

We walked back to the lounge room together. On the way, Noah acquired a laptop from one of the guards.

Mom and Violet were still in the room but this time, they were combing through some papers. Alexander wasn't back yet. Noah sat beside me and booted the laptop. I tried to peak at the screen but he gave me a look and I went back to my work.

At least with Noah on board, it would be easier to help Alexander. It felt as if he was doing the most sleuthing since he had access to a lot more than I did.

"I got some pieces of the attendant's face," he suddenly said. "If I can reconstruct his face, we'd have a lot more to go on."

"How long till that happens?"

He shrugged. "Depends on how good I am."

I raised an eyebrow.

He grinned at me. "Don't worry, I'm very good."

"Shouldn't the security team be doing this?"

"Yes but that hasn't gotten us anywhere. "

I glanced around. "Won't you-know-who get mad though?"

"Since when has that stopped you?"

It hadn't but maybe I needed to be more careful. Maybe with Noah taking most of the load off my shoulders, they wouldn't pay too much attention to me. But I couldn't back off that easily. I had to keep going.

Unfortunately, it was now a matter of waiting. With the bidding ceremony on the horizon, we didn't have much time for much. We spent the rest of the day catching up on school work.

Noah kept us updated on the progress but it wasn't often. Alexander went as far as to say how it was good we were getting along. Plus, it was good for our image. Everyone getting along meant no wild rumors would appear, hopefully.

After our lunch date, half way through the new week, Lisa caught me after school. I didn't have my internship and Alexander had gone ho­me early to deal with work.

"Rin, got some time?"

I spotted Joseph by the car.

"Sorry," I said. "I completely forgot- "

"No worries," she said. "You do look like you need a break."

"Yeah but I don't have time."

Lisa hooked her arm with mine. "Let's get some ice-cream and I can call Cassidy so we could all chill."

I bit my lip. "I don't know."

"Come on. It'll be fun."

Ice-cream did sound good right about now.

"Okay."

Joseph was a little wary of Lisa at first but, soon enough, they were chatting like long lost friends.

On the way to the restaurant, I managed to doze off. My body gave in to the soothing drive. When we arrived, Lisa shook me awake and we headed inside.

It was a small establishment. With one or two families inside. I found a booth while Lisa got our sweets. We didn't talk until I finished four scoops of chocol­ate ice-cream.

"Better?" Lisa asked, nibbling her special made cone.

"Yeah,'' I said. "Thanks. So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Nothing," she replied with a grin. "Saw how you and the Prince have been busy and wanted to give you a break."

"So all that stuff about Cassidy-?"

"It's true and I can call her if you want."

"I thought that's what you were going to do."

Another grin. "It is."

I watched her call Cassidy. Lisa put it on speakerphone.

"Hello?" came Cassidy's voice.

"Hey, I got Rin here."

"How are you doing?" Cassidy asked.

"Feels like I got no life," I replied.

"I know," she said. "so, there two reasons why I wanted to speak to you. I don't have much time."

Frowning, I looked. "We're in public."

"It's fine," Lisa assured me.

"First, has there been any news about the assassination attempt? I'm worried that I haven't heard anything."

I hesitated. "No one has been caught," I replied carefully.

"Hopefully it's only a matter of time. How is Prince Rothchester holding up?"

"Busy with the bidding event and our ceremony."

"I'm sure. Speaking of which, that's the second reason I called."

"Yeah?

"You need to participate in the event," she stated. "If you're to stand next to Prince Rothchester, you need to have exp­erience under your belt."

"The ceremony is," I began.

"Now is perfect," Cassidy interrupted. "It doesn't have to be a big role. You can be part of his entourage. Hold his papers or something. Make yourself known."

I sighed. Cassidy was making a lot of se­nse. Plus, I did want to do more too. Was it really okay?

"He won't say no," Lisa added. "If you could only see all the googly eyes he makes at you when you aren't looking.

"I mean, everyone sees it at school. He doesn't use Allure anymore like at all. Tells me he wants people to notice."

Panic surged through me. What if the vampires noticed something wasn't rig­ht? Despite my fear, Lisa didn't comm­ent about it any further.

"True," I said, "I could ask."

"Good," Cassidy said, "which brings me to the second point but the most imp­ortant part."

"Which is?"

"You need Prince Rothchester's mother approval."

My heart stopped. Or I thought.

"What?"

"You need his mother's approval," Cassidy repeated. "Without her, the ceremony isn't going to mean anything."

I gaped at the phone for a long time.

Leaning in, I whispered. "Is that even allowed? What about Violet?"

"Violet controls influence out in the open," Lisa said.

"The prince's mom controls influence in the not so open places," Cassidy added.

"Alexander has never talked about her that much," I began.

"It's not my place to say," Cassidy replied. "I don't know the whole story. Howev­er, if you're serious, you need her approv­al."

I rubbed my forehead. My to-do list just got longer.

"Why are you helping me?"

"You helped me," Cassidy answered. "I've got to go. Talk to you later."

Then the call ended, Lisa pocketed her phone. I eyed her.

"This wasn't a break," I told her.

Lisa chuckled. "But I gave you ice-cream. I think it counts."

I scraped the last miniscule pieces of ice-cream and licked the spoon.

"Let's get you some to go," she said. "I have a feeling your workload just doubled."

Sighing, I leaned back against the booth. How was I going to convince Alexander to let me meet his mom?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 801 9
MxFxM "You can't manipulate yourself out of this bind, my love" Arlo whispered into my ear. "We're going to paint your ass red for what you did. And...
503K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
695 247 62
After asking her to stay out of trouble, she finally allows her to go to the palace. What will be Elena's fate. And admist all the feelings of stron...
347K 13.4K 35
This story is the sequel to my previous story "King of the Vamps". It would be beneficial to read that story first as you will be introduced to some...