Strange Ties--Percy Jackson/H...

By alekostas11

Percy finds out that he is a descendant from a very powerful dark wizard. And because he is the only person t... More

hi
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Eleven

1.6K 40 23
By alekostas11

Note: before I start can u guys vote if u like the chapter thx bye now

The inside of the mansion was white with gold. The floors were of marble and many mystical plants were sitting around. The ceiling was made of glass and the sun shined through. It was the biggest house Percy has ever seen. There were two giant staircases in both corners of the living room, leaving a giant corridor to the second living room, where Valerie's family was sitting.

All of them stood up from the couch when they saw them walk in.

"Hi mom" Valerie said as she hugged her. "Uh this is Percy Jackson"

"Yes hello Percy" she said, giving Percy a brief nod, which he returned. The door to the kitchen opened and three boys with brown hair came out running.

"Mom! Malik stabbed me!" one of them screamed.

"I didn't stab him I was holding my dagger and he ran towards it!"

"No I didn't. You were chasing me with it"

"Mom I swear I didn't stab him"

"Yes you did!"

"If I stabbed you how come you aren't bleeding huh?"

"Stop it!" Valerie's mom said. "Malik, why were you holding a dagger in the first place?"

"Father said I could" he said in a low voice.

"Give it to me" she said holding her hand out. Malik gave his mother the dagger and huffed in annoyance. The three boys went running back to the kitchen pushing each other.

"Sorry about that, they are not always like that" she said forcing a smile. "I hope you kids are hungry, Elizabeth saved some food."

"Yeah thanks mom" Valerie said walking towards the kitchen with Percy following behind her. The kitchen needless to say, was massive.

"Hey Liz" Valerie said. A woman probably in her 50's with short black hair gave her a big hug.

"Hello darling you've arrived! I've missed you around here you know, house is not the same without you" she pulled away from the hug. "And this must be Percy Jackson... heard lots of things about you, let's hope they're not true" She laughed. Sorry Valerie mouthed Percy when Elizabeth turned around. It's okay he mouthed back.

"I made you your favorite cookies darling"

"Oh thanks Liz you're the best" She sat a plate full of chocolate chip cookies. Percy stomach hurt just by seeing them.

"Alright I'm going leave you kids alone for a minute, oh and Valerie don't let your brothers see the cookies they're not allowed to have any more sugar today" Valerie's mouth was already full of cookies so she just nodded.

"Woulf ju aik tu hap um?"

"Swallow first" Percy said.

A girl Percy recognized entered the room. "You know this conversation can totally be misinterpreted if you have your eyes closed. I'm Audrey by the way."

"I'm Percy"

"I know. We have transfiguration together"

"Oh right, sorry I forgot"

"You would remember if you came to class. I'm surprised you haven't been expelled yet" she said as she grabbed a cookie.

"They can't expel me"

The sound of Valerie eating the cookies filled the room as she took more.

"Why?" Audrey asked, ignoring Valerie and her munches.

"I don't know they just can't" he said.

"Huh" she said simply, making her way out of the kitchen.

"I said, would you like to have some" Valerie finally said.

"Nah I'm good" he laughed. The plate was almost empty but it was nice of her to ask."You really like those don't you?"

"They're my favorite, Liz has been making them since I was a baby." 

Enjoy it while it last, Percy thought. 

She smiled and took the last piece. "Hey now that I think about it, I've never seen you eat before"

"What do you mean?"

"Well I never see you in the dining hall for breakfast, lunch or dinner and I just never seen you actually eat something"

"I don't like the food at Hogwarts"

"Why not?"

"Because its not usually what I eat"

"You mean like you eat muggle food?"

"Yeah"

"You know I never asked you, I know you're from America but where exactly?"

"New York"

"Do you like it there?"

"Sometimes"

"Do you miss it?"

He thought about it for a minute. 

"Sometimes"

The door opened suddenly, "Mom's calling you for dinner" it was one of Valerie's brothers, Percy didn't know which one, he couldn't tell them apart. When he left Percy noticed Valerie beginning to shake.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"That mean my father is here" she said. "Can you do me a favor? If you can't answer honestly the questions he asks you, please lie."

"Okay"

He has gotten real good at lying these days, it would be a piece of cake. 

They headed towards the dining room everyone was waiting for them there. Valerie's father stood straight, his eyes pierced at him with a deadly look, he obviously was trying to intimidate Percy but it didn't work obviously. 

"Percy Jackson. We finally meet, please take a seat" he said. Percy took a seat next to Valerie, he noticed that he didn't say hello to her. He figured their relationship was bad but not that bad.

They took a seat and ate in silence. They ate, Percy pretended.

"So Percy, what brings you to Hogwarts?" the man asked.

"Better education"

"Where did you study before?"

"A private school in New York"

"You're from America?"

"Yes"

"Is it your first time in Europe?"

"No, my mother has family in London"

"What about your father?"

"He's from a lot of places"

"Like where?"

"Greece"

For a minute he seemed like he was satisfied and Percy thought the questioning was over. 

"Where did you meet my daughter?" he asked. Percy took a deep breath trying really hard not to answer with where do you think, Alaska?

"Potions class"

"Are your parents together?"

"Divorced"

"Which one do you live with?"

"My mother"

"But the daily prophet said she was dead"

"She's not"

"And what's her name?"

"Jennifer Jackson"

The man took a mouthful of food and nodded; he didn't ask any more questions, although Percy saw in his face he wanted to ask more. The dinner was short and dull, Valerie's brothers were talking with each other and sometimes Audrey would chime in. When dinner was over, Valerie showed Percy the room where he was staying in. In total the house had 18 bedrooms, 9 on the west side and 9 on the east. The west side were for family and the east for visitors. You can take a guess which side Percy was staying in. The room was so big it was the same size as Percy's old apartment in New York.

"Okay so if you need anything just let me know" Valerie said. She was already walking towards the door when Percy stopped her.

"What's the Sandhurst ball?" he asked.

"About that..." she took a seat in the chair near the bed and motioned Percy to sit too.

"So first of all, I really forgot it was this weekend if I knew I wouldn't have brought you here I swear. The Sandhurst ball is an annual ball that my family host every year, last year they couldn't do it because of Voldemort and stuff. Basically, only the 'best' people as my mom calls them are invited, I just call them snobby rich people who come to show everyone how much money they have. My mom is kind of famous in the muggle world and the muggles know about the dance but none of them get invited obviously, my father in the other hand is really known in the wizarding world so he's the one in charge of inviting everyone. Its tomorrow. I do have to warn you though, everyone important will be there and they're going to be kind of shocked that you're going. The press would go too, except they don't let them pass so they just stay at the entrance."

Percy didn't say anything at first, he hated dancing but he didn't have much of a choice.

"Okay" he said as he stood up from the chair. Valerie looked puzzled but she left the room without saying another word.

It was another sleepless night for Percy. He was starting to get used to it really. In his head it was better to use the nighttime to do things rather than wasting it doing something as useless as sleeping. One thing Percy liked most about not sleeping was the peacefulness, when the world around him was asleep he could feel the silence of the night and he would see how alone it was, and realize he wasn't the only one. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 1.2K 31
Artemis Fowl had always known that he was different. He was a 10 year old criminal mastermind who was plotting ways to kidnap a fairy. It doesn't get...
143K 2.4K 24
update: some chapters have been unpublished, so there may be gaps in the story This is just a small free-write thing that I am doing. Demigods from...
31.7K 1.3K 34
When Lady Hecate comes to a young demigod with a quest to protect the Boy-Who-Lived. He shall accept it and help the Wizarding world from falling int...
393 7 12
Percy Jackson is finally enjoying life. The summer before college starts and his new life in New Rome with Annabeth. But the gods aren't done yet. Pe...