School of manners

By 77Illinija77

A Landhouse in the middle of the countryside. Send by her parents Josephine finds herself at a finishing scho... More

Arrival
The Headmistress' office
Not what she wanted
Confrontation
Roommates
Inside
The opportunity
Convincing
Blending in
Tea time
Staying
Busy nights
Good morning
Dancing lessons
Encounter on the corridor
In search of the robe
Same page
The garden
Getting caught
Inviting Helen
Girl talk
Consequences
Swayed
Dancing in the moonshine
The lake
Promise me?
At last

Breaking the news

329 5 1
By 77Illinija77

She didn't want to and her Parents didn't directly force her. She should be fine, but the underlying message of her Mothers words were clear to her.

"I know it doesn't seem ideal but every women of our house has gone there."

It's been outdated for quite a while and she didn't see why it would be necessary for her to go, yet she knew there would be no way out, as she saw how serious her parents where.

She would have to attend that finishing school. It wasn't as bad as when her mother had gone, her mother assured her. It was still some sort of the same programm.

A institution for young people to learn manners and adapt to society during the Summer months at a remote manor in the countryside.

Her mother looked at her as if she'd have to shoot her at any given moment.

That's when she did.
"You're going to be the only girl there."

-Leaving home won't be the hard part now. Running away would be.- Josephine was sure of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250 57 27
Sadie Barrow has been isolated on her rundown farm for 17 years. The rules are endless, her outside communication nonexistent, and human interaction...
2.6K 239 30
Charlotte, a young, sickly pianist, is sent to Walnut Grove by her father, believing fresh air will aid her. Charlotte strengthens, becoming a piano...
1.4M 37.9K 55
Two teens struggle to survive their way through the last year of sixth form. Neither have ever communicated with one another, not once throughout the...
37.6K 595 26
(this book is mature! the toggle won't stay selected.) a small town girl experimenting with her best friend, eager to fill her curiosity of being wit...