The Frost Alchemist

By TwotheStarsandBack

Levy's life was never ordinary. From the time that she was seven to when she was eleven she raised her younge... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Elrics
Chapter 2: Alex Louis Armstrong
Chapter 3: A Brilliant Alchemist
Chapter 4: The Frost Alchemist
Chapter 5: Assingment
Chapter 6: West City
Chapter 7: Attack
Chapter 8: Hospital
Chapter 9: Promise
Chapter 10: Negotiations
Chapter 11: Back to Central
Chapter 13: Levy's Family
Chapter 14: Visitor
Chapter 15: Home and Hope
Chapter 16: A Favor
Chapter 17: Some Answers
Chapter 18: The Hospital
Chapter 19: Arrested
Chapter 20: The Trial
Chapter 21: Resembool
Chapter 22: Taken
Chapter 23: Survive
Chapter 24: Alone
Chapter 25: Pride
Chapter 26: The Roans
Chapter 27: Repairs
Chapter 28: Mustang
Chapter 29: Tunnel
Chapter 30: Terrified
Chapter 31: The Target
Chapter 32: Back North
Chapter 33: I Swear
Chapter 34: The Arguments
Chapter 35: Stand By
Chapter 36: The Final Battle
Epilogue

Chapter 12: Training Camp Surprise

1.1K 52 23
By TwotheStarsandBack

We just got to the Southern Headquarters. "Welcome Frost and Elrics," Miles greeted. I smiled and saluted him.

"Miles, it's only been a few weeks," I said. "And has the South made you soft? Fuhrer said that you needed someone from up North to teach your men a thing or two."

"Perhaps it has, maybe I should go back up to Briggs," he replied.

"Perhaps? Maybe? You need to go back up there and put some ice back in your blood," I said which made my friends laugh, even Miles smiled.

"Training isn't done here, I'll take you to the training site," he stated and led us out of the headquarters.

"Well at least you do one thing right down here," I commented as I crossed my arms and he glared at me, to which I just smiled at him innocently.

"I almost prefer you before you started to speak," he replied.

"Well too bad," I stated. We climbed into a car, well two cars. Sara and Trisha took another car that was behind us. We drove to somewhere between the headquarters and Ishval. There was tents set up everywhere and several areas for training. "Not bad, but I think you should drag them up North and have them train there, now that is extreme weather."

"They will be working in the heat, not the cold, Frost," he reminded and I rolled my eyes.

"Heat, cold, what's the difference?" I asked jokingly.

"Well Frost, I leave you to it, good luck you four," he said before climbing back into the car and driving off. A colonel and her lieutenant walked up to us.

"Greetings Frost and Elric family," she greeted.

"Colonel... Ross," I said reading her name tag as I held out my hand, she shook it. It was a warm handshake for someone in the military.

"Wait. Ross. As in Maria Ross?" Maes asked.

"One in the same and this is my lieutenant Denny Brosh," she introduced.

"You knew our parents when they were young," Trisha said.

"Slapped the boys once too," Lieutenant Colonel Brosh muttered.

"Before or after my dad was no longer a suit of armor?" Trisha asked.

"Before, it hurt," he replied.

"Well Colonel Ross, I've heard great things about you and my mother praises no one, it's an honor," I said.

"Likewise," she said.

"So training?" I asked.

"Right, these men... aren't the best. They need a lot of work," Lieutenant Colonel Brosh commented.

"I'm sure you weren't the best starting out either," I replied.

"We'll get the men together, stay here," Colonel Ross said.

"Well they're nice," Sara stated. "My dad said that they were like the only people who treated like kids, but with respect as well, rather than either talking down to them or making them act like adults."

"Seems like their personalities," I replied. Five minutes later there was six lines of eight men lined up.

"Listen up this is the Frost Alchemist and her companions the Elric family. Frost will be taking over your training, you will listen to every order she gives you without hesitation, I don't care if she is younger than you; she trained up in Briggs and her mother is the Northern Wall herself, so guess what: she's stronger than you and most likely smarter. And she can use her alchemy against you. I'll let her talk now," Colonel Ross said.

"Okay guys, I hear you're worthless. You don't work together, you don't like to follow orders, you're not fast, you're not strong, and you don't think fast enough. This is not acceptable for an Amestris soldier, so by the time I leave you will be one with each other, you will follow every order given to you, you'll be fast in mind and body, you'll be able to lift three time more than you can now: you will be perfect because anything less than perfection is... unacceptable," I announced. "Do I make myself clear?" No one replied. "Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?!"

"YES MA'AM!" they all shouted, fear flashing in their eyes.

"Good. Hell starts after dinner, you're dismissed," I ordered and they dispersed.

"Now the Ice Queen being your mother makes sense," Sara said.

"Oh you think that proves it? Wait until you see training, perhaps my ice alchemy will come in handy," I replied with a devious smile.

"Maria, I think a few of these men might die," Trisha said.

"Hey maybe it will whip the others into shape," she replied.

"She's harsh too," Maes said.

"You have no idea," Lieutenant Colonel Brosh replied. "I'll show you guys where you'll be living and then I'll show you the mess hall."

"Since the girls will be with me I'll show them our tent, Denny take Maes to yours," Colonel Ross pointed out.

"Yes ma'am," he replied and then he and Maes walked away.

"So you've always been with Brosh, right?" Trisha asked.

"Yes, we've been together a long time we were in training together, but I was better than him hence why I've always been in a higher position than him," Colonel Ross said. "Well he would be good if he wasn't so emotional or lazy."

"Lazy makes sense, but emotional?" Sara asked.

"Better than he was when your parents knew us, but yes even though he won't tell me that he loves me," she replied.

"He loves you?" I asked.

"Yes, he has since... well since before we even met the Elrics, but he's just so scared that he won't say anything to me about it," she replied.

"Then just tell him, take the responsibility off of him. My dad was horrible at those kinds of things, so my mom made it easier for him which is why my brother and I are here today," Sara joked.

"Yes, I suppose I will if he doesn't do it soon," Colonel Ross replied. She stopped at a tent and opened the flap for us, letting the three of us walk in. The tent was spacious, had four beds each with a storage box at the foot of them and a table with six chairs. The beds weren't the normal cots that soldiers would sleep on while training, they were like real beds but still the size of cot.

"There are perks to being officers and guests," Colonel Ross said.

"Yes there are," Trisha said as she chose a bed and sat down.

"Set your stuff down and I'll show you the mess hall," Colonel Ross said.

"Thank you Colonel Ross," I said before tossing my bad on a bed effectively claiming it for me.

"Call me Maria or just Ross please, Denny will request the same especially of kids like you guys," she replied.

"You're really going to treat me like a kid?" I asked.

"Well we're not going to think you're stupid or anything, but you are just a kid," Ross argued.

"You are probably the only person who may even consider treating me like that," I replied.

"What about my parents?" Sara asked.

"Oh Winry's never really treated me like a kid, my mother wouldn't allow her and Edward doesn't because I'm a State Alchemist," I explained. "Though he seemed to be trying to control me a bit."

"Come on girls, let's go," Ross said and we walked out of a tent.

"Levy, I think my parents do think of you as their kid," Sara commented.

"Mine as well," Trisha added and I rolled my eyes.

"It is you," a voice said and it sounded... familiar almost. I looked at the man who stood before me and I remembered where I heard his voice before.

"Dad?" I asked hesitantly.

He smiled. "Levy, you've grown." I felt so much as he approached me, I didn't know whether I want to punch him or hug him. I chose the former. I punched him right in the face with my right arm.

"Levy!" Sara yelled as she grabbed my arm to prevent from hitting him again.

"It's his fault, he deserved it," I muttered.

"Soldier get to the hospital tent," Ross ordered and he walked away holding his face.

"Is that really your dad?" Trisha asked and I nodded.

"If he hadn't left my mom... my sister... they would be alive. He left us and they died," I mumbled.

"Get her back in the tent, we'll eat here tonight. I'll go get Denny and Maes, there are things we need to talk about now," Ross said before walking away as Trisha and Sara led me back into the tent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 1.8K 18
You have been friends with the Elric's since childhood. Trisha Elric died, and Ed and Al decided to bring her back, you being an alchemist as well he...
262K 9.4K 65
He's Fullmetal. She's Halfmetal. Same, but different. They weren't supposed to meet, ever. SAME: Éclair Elanie, is just a not-so-normal girl with t...
110K 4.5K 46
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
2.7K 54 50
Elizabella Rockbell was never interested in becoming a state alchemist. She was more than happy following Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse Elric...