Book 1: Broken (Kiba Inuzuka...

By Silver-Tigress

12 year old Kimiko Sumire's clan was massacred by a man with green snake like eyes when she was six years old... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Naruto, The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 1
Naruto, The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 2
Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 3
Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 4
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Naruto, The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 1
Naruto, The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 2
Naruto, The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 3
Naruto, the Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 4
Naruto, the movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 5
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Sequel!!!

Chapter 9

527 12 2
By Silver-Tigress

I've gone back to edit Chapters 6 and 7!

Kimiko's P. O. V:

We continue on our journey to the Land of Waves, having walked for several more hours. We reach a dock where there was a small boat with a fisherman waiting for us in it, and fog covers the area.

We board the boat and start sailing at a slow pace across the water, to the island.

I sit next to Kakashi with Tazuna behind him, then Sasuke on my other side, Sakura sitting opposite us, with Naruto at the prow of the boat.

Sakura murmurs as she gazes about, "The fog's so thick. You can't see anything." Naruto sniffs the air.

This boat is moving so slowly. I could've just used my chakra to walk across and get to the pier faster.

The fisherman says in a quiet voice, "The bridge isn't far now. Our destination's just ahead. The Land of Waves."

We gaze up at a massive bridge that was only partly built, but it was still pretty impressive.

Naruto exclaims, "Whoa! It's huge!"

The fisherman scolds him, "Quiet! I told you: no noise! Why do you think we're travelling like this, huh? Cutting off the engine and rowing? Moving through the dense fog, so they don't see us."

Naruto nervously clamps his hands over his mouth while Sasuke, sakura and I stare at him.

Kakashi addresses the bridge builder, causing him to look down, "Tazuna-san, before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something. The men who are after you—I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I'll have to end this mission when we drop you ashore."

"....." Tazuna doesn't say anything for a moment as Kakashi narrows his eye at him. "I have no choice but to tell you. No—I want you to know the truth. Like you said: this is beyond the scope of the original mission. The one who seeks my life is a very short man who casts a very long and deadly shadow."

Kakashi reiterates, ""A deadly shadow?""

"..."

"Who is it?"

Tazuna responds mysteriously, "You know him. Or, at least, you've heard his name before. He's one of the wealthiest men in the world: the shipping magnet, Gato."

This causes Kakashi's eye to widen as he gasps, "Gato?! Of Gato Transport?! He's a business leader. Everyone knows him."

Facing us, Naruto asks, "Who, who?! What, what?!"

Tazuna tells us, "Gato... is a very powerful tycoon from a famous company, that's true. But below the surface, with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over businesses and nations, he sells drugs and contraband, using gangs and ninja. It was one year ago, when Gato first set his sights on the Land of Waves. He came to our island and used his vast wealth to take total control of our transport and shipping. Anyone who tried to stand in his way, simply... disappeared. In an island nation, a man who controls the sea controls everything: finance, government, our very lives. But there's one thing he fears: the bridge. When it is complete, it will join us to the land and that will break his control! I am the bridge builder."

Sakura says in realisation, hand to her chin, "So that's it. Since you're in charge of the bridge, you're standing in this gangster's way."

"That means, those guys we fought in the forest... they were working for Gato," I murmur. Naruto looks completely lost by this conversation, putting a finger to his temple.

Kakashi says to Tazuna, "I don't understand. If you knew he was dangerous, knew he'd send ninja to eliminate you, why did you hide that from us?"

"Because the Land of Waves... if a small and impoverished nation," Answers Tazuna. "Even our nobles have little money. The common people who are building this bridge, they can't pay for an A or B ranked mission. It's too expensive. If you end the mission when you drop me ashore, there will be no bridge. They'll assassinate me before I reach home. But, don't feel bad about that! Of course, my sweet little grandson will be upset. He'll cry, "Granddad! I want my Granddad!"" Tazuna says this in a high pitched tone, making me gain a flat expression as I feel conflicted, and Naruto and Sakura appear to be struggling too. Tazuna adds, "Oh. And my daughter will condemn the ninja of the Hidden Leaves, denouncing and blaming you for abandoning her father and living her life in sorrow." Tazuna lets out a sigh. "Oh, well! It's not your fault! Forget it!"

Sakura and Naruto groan as I gaze at Kakashi.

Kakashi scratches at the metal part of his headband before he lets out a sigh and turns his head to Tazuna, saying with a sheepish closed eye smile, "Well, I guess we have no other choice! We'll have to keep guarding you."

Tazuna says with sarcasm in his voice, "Oh! I'm very grateful!"

I scowl in irritation when I see him glancing behind his shoulder and holding up a peace sign.

That lying old geezer!

After several more minutes, the fisherman tells us, "We're approaching the shore." Our boat approaches some tunnels beside the bridge. The fisherman looks to Tazuna. "Tazuna. We've been very fortunate. No one has noticed us so far."

Tazuna replies, "Nice going."

We sail through a tunnel and exit out onto a vast stretch of water that has trees sitting it here and there.

Naruto, at the prow, says with wide eyes, "Yeah!"

We sail for a few more minutes until we reach the peer, several wooden buildings on the land, and we step off the boat, onto the pier.

The fisherman tells us, "That's as far as I go."

Tazuna says gratefully, "Right. Thank you for taking such a risk."

"Just be careful!" He says, before he starts the engine and sails away.

Now he turns on the engine?!

Tazuna turns to us and orders, "Okay. Take me to my home. And, I mean, get me there in one piece."

Kakashi utters, "Right."

We turn and head into the village.

"The next assassin will be more dangerous than the last," I think as I walk next to Kakashi. "I wonder who it's going to be...?"

                      🗡🗡🗡

We walk in silence for several moments, having entered a forest. Naruto walks around n ahead of us and Sasuke catches up to him.

Naruto glares daggers at Sasuke before he rushes forwards a few steps and stops gazing around frantically. He then looks at some bushes to his right and shouts, whipping out a kunai, "Over there!" This startles Kakashi, Sakura and Tazuna, though Sasuke and I remain calm. I was mad at Naruto for scaring us like that, though. I feel around for any enemy chakra but feel none. Naruto straightens up and rubs the back of his head sheepishly as I notice Sakura and Tazuna trembling with rage. "It was just a mouse."

Sakura snaps, pointing at him, "Mouse?! Yeah, right! Everyone can see through your act! It's so obvious, it's embarrassing!"

Kakashi tells him wearily, "Naruto! Those are kunai knives! They're dangerous!"

Sasuke "Hmphs!" as he looks away.

Tazuna exclaims, "STOP TRYING TO SCARE ME, YOU SCRUFFY LITTLE DWARF!!"

Naruto gazes about with the side of his hand to his forehead as he says, "Is someone hiding over there?! No! They're over there! Hey, hey! Oh! Huh!" Kakashi and I whip our heads to our left upon sensing movement. Naruto whirls towards it, too. "Over there!!" He throws his second kunai into some bushes.

I was getting annoyed by this.

Sakura decides to go up to him and snaps as she hits the back of his head, eyes angry, white anime semi circles, "That's it, Naruto!"

Clutching the back of his head, he cries out, "Wh-Why'd you do that?! Someone really is following us, I mean it!"

I gaze at Kakashi before he goes over to those bushes.

Sakura berates Naruto, "Yeah, right!! Quit lying and acting like a dumb kid!"

Kakashi steps through the bushes to see a startled snow rabbit, frozen from fear at the base of the tree behind it, the kunai stuck in the trunk above its head. The rabbit twitches violently from its near death experience.

Sakura, having come over, yells at Naruto, "Naruto! Look what you did!!"

The blue eyed male gasps in shock, cerulean blue eyes wide, "Ah! A rabbit!" Naruto runs over to the rabbit and scoops him up in his arms, rapidly apologising to it. I immediately narrow my violet eyes at the sight of the snow rabbit, getting a familiar feeling. "Awe, I'm sorry little rabbit! I'm sorry!"

Kakashi walks away as Tazuna grumbles, "All this fuss over a rodent?"

I gaze at the rabbit in Naruto's arms before deciding to ignore it.

I gaze at the Hatake and notice that he's looking thoughtful, like he's trying to figure something out.

Kakashi suddenly whips his head around and yells, "Look out!"

My eyes widen as something suddenly comes whizzing through the air towards us. My group and I duck to avoid the massive object. The rabbit hops away when Naruto collapses on the ground out of surprise.

There's a thunk in the tree ahead of us as I straighten back up beside Kakashi.

We all get to our feet, and the silver haired man scowls fiercely as he faces the enemy, now up in the tree, having landed on the hilt of his huge sword.

Kakashi states as he steps forwards, hands on his pockets, "Well, well. If it isn't Zabuza Momochi, rogue ninja from the Village Hidden in the Mist."

I turn towards the tree in front of us. My violet eyes widen as I gaze at the tall, muscular man standing on the hilt of a massive blade that's stuck in the tree, his bare back to us, though his dark gaze is fixated on us. He has short brown hair and wears no shirt but light coloured pants and black and white cow printed arm and leg warmers, boots on his feet as his Hidden Mist headband is tied around his forehead, the metal part in the left side of his head. He also has bandages wrapped around the lower part of his face.

Naruto suddenly starts running forwards but is stopped by Kakashi throwing out his hand. Kakashi tells him, "You're in the way. Get back."

Naruto demands to know, "But why?!"

Kakashi explains, "He's not like those other ninja. He's in a whole other league. If he's our opponent, I'll need this." We all watch in anticipation as Kakashi raises his hand to his headband, gripping it. "This could be treacherous."

Zabuza states, peering down at us, "Kakashi of the Sharingan Eye. Did I get that right?" This causes Sasuke to gasp as he narrows his onyx orbs at the silverette. "It's too bad, huh. But you'll have to hand over the old man." Kakashi just flares right back at him.

"If it isn't my old enemy, Zabuza Momochi." My voice causes everyone to snap their gazes to me, my teammate's and Kakashi's eyes jerking wide at what I'd just called the Mist ninja assassin. I meet his beady gaze unflinchingly, and recognition glints in Zabuza's eyes.

"Well, this is a surprise. If it isn't Kimiko Sumire, Princess of the Sumire clan. I'm surprised you're here, and with the Hidden Leaf ninja no less. I thought you were with Orochi—"

"Shut up, Momochi," I snap darkly, my gaze turning into dangerous slits. I didn't care if the others know who I really am right now, I can't have them knowing of my connection to that snake!

I'd travelled through here three years ago with Orochimaru. While I fought Haku and nearly lost, Orochimaru took on Zabuza, defeated him in minutes, then shattered Haku's dome of Ice Crystal Mirrors with his Anacondas with ease.

""Princess"?!" Kakashi gasps in recognition and I mentally curse Zabuza for opening his big mouth. Great. Knowing how smart Kakashi is, he'll know who I really am!

"Huh?! What do you mean, "Princess?!" Naruto exclaims in immense confusion, jerking his head to me as I feel the others stare at me as well. "How can she be a Princess?! Believe it!"

I clench my teeth as I ignore my teammates gazing at me and say nothing.

"I'm surprised that you didn't know this whole time, considering she's now your student, Kakashi," Says Zabuza. "You should've known by now who she really is. Kimiko is also in the Bingo Book as the Lightning Princess."

Kakashi stares at me in disbelief.

I still say nothing, continuing to glare at the others.

I tense when there's a presence in front of me, causing Kakashi to gasp. "Kimiko!" He says warningly, and I whirl around just as Zabuza brings his Kubikiribōchō, Decapitating Carving Knife, sword down on me.

I bring my own arms upward as I grip both of my katanas and block Zabuza's sword, emitting a loud clang.

I'd just barely managed to block his attack in time, skidding backwards slightly from the force of the Momochi's strike. A second slower, and I'd have been cut in half. I was also channeling some chakra into my arms to help push against Zabuza's sword.

"Whoa! She's fast!" Naruto exclaims.

I grunt as I glare back at my opponent, who just smirks back at me.

"Ooh, I like that look you're giving me. Heh!" Zabuza mocks before we pull back. He runs at me and our blades clash once more. I just barely manage to block or deflect each of his attacks. He aims for my stomach but I deflect it, and go to aim for Zabuza's legs, but he deflects my own attack. We clash blades again as Zabuza says, "It's been a long time since you gave me that look, Princess."

I scowl fiercely before deflecting another swing and using my enhance speed to dash past Zabuza, aiming a swipe for his left side. I manage to cut his side as I come out behind him, my long hair swaying about my shoulders.

"Why don't you just shut up, already!" I hiss, giving him a glare as he grunts and whips around to me, a blank expression on my features.

Zabuza attempts to run at me but I activate my Crystal Kekkei Genkai. I do fast hand signs and slam my hands on the ground.

"Crystal Style: The God's Crossing technique!" Spikes of clear crystal shoot up out of the ground and form a trail towards the Momochi. His eyes widen as he gasps but Zabuza manages to dodge.

My teammates gape or stare at me in shock as they take in the crystal spikes.

"Is that... Crystal Style?!" Breathes Kakashi.

I peer back at him as I brandish my swords to point over my shoulders and sheath them.

I decide that now is the time to flee before Zabuza spills anymore of my secrets. I turn and leap for the cover of the trees nearby, ignoring Kakashi calling after me.

I get a safe distance away but still close enough to be able to see and hear what's going on down below.

I then perch on a branch with my arms wrapped around my knees and watch the fight between the Leaf Ninja and my enemy unfold.

  🗡🗡🗡

I watch as Kakashi orders for my teammates to get into Manji Formation and to protect the bridge builder, and to stay out of this fight. Manji Formation is where the squad surrounds the target in a semi circle.

Kakashi then lifts up his headband to reveal a thin scar running vertically down his left eye. Then, Kakashi opens his eye to reveal a red orb with three tomoe in it.

The Sharingan is a Dojutsu, eye technique, that's a rare power and resides in the eyes. This visual Jutsu can instantly see and comprehend any Genjutsu, Ninjutsu and Taijutsu and reflect the attack back on the attacker. It's a special, rare Dojutsu. Although, there's more to the Sharingan than that, as Sasuke is currently explaining.

Zabuza adds onto his explanation by saying the Sharingan can analyse an opponent's technique, and then copy it to the smallest detail. Zabuza adds as mist seeps through the clearing, that in the Hidden Mist's assassination unit, they had a standing order to destroy Kakashi on sight. His profile was on their bingo book, under the nickname, The Man Who Copied Over A Thousand Jutsu, Kakashi, The Copy Ninja.

I activate my own Kekkei Genkai, the Tengan, and copy Kakashi's Sharingan, my eyes glowing bright violet. They fade once they'd finished copying it.

Zabuza gets ready to eliminate Tazuna, but immediately, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura get into their Manji Formation in front of him, kunai knives in hand, Kakashi standing protectively in front of them.

Zabuza then disappears, taking his sword with him. Zabuza is standing on the water, using his chakra in his feet. Zabuza holds up two fingers above his head, the two of his other hand in front of his nose. Then, more fog appears in the area, completely concealing his presence.

Kakashi explains to them that Zabuza is the ex-leader of the Hidden Mist's assassination unit and a master of the Silent Killing technique. As the name suggests, it happens in an instant, without sound or warning of any kind. It's so fast, you pass from this life without realising what has happened. He adds that the Sharingan can't neutralise it, and that they'll only lose their lives if they fail, causing Sakura to yell back at him.

Tazuna explains as the mist thickens that it's enhanced so much due to the ocean surrounding the Land of Waves, as mist is ever present.

Zabuza then stayed the eight vital points of the human body:

Larynx, spine, lungs, liver, jugular, subclavian artery, kidneys, heart.

He wonders which will be his kill point, scaring my teammates.

Kakashi puts his hands in a hand sign and emits chakra that blows back the mist around him and the others, a blue aura glowing around his body. I notice that Sasuke is trembling and going to stab himself with his kunai, but Kakashi tells them to calm down and that he'll protect them with his life—all of us. He won't allow his comrades to die, and asks that they trust him, sending the Genin a closed eye smile.

Something feels off...

But it seems to relax them all the same.

Suddenly, Zabuza appears right in the middle of my teammate's formation, startling them. Kakashi fixates his Sharingan eye on Zabuza, before leaping for him, stabbing his kunai right into the assassin's chest.

Instead of blood dripping from it, however, water spills onto the ground.

I watch as the real Zabuza appears right behind Kakashi. Naruto shouts a warning but Zabuza swings Kubikiribocho and it slices clean through the Leaf Jounin, just as the first Zabuza splashes to the ground in a puddle of water.

A Water Clone.

Hm. Impressive. It would seem as though Kakashi had copied Zabuza's Water Clone Jutsu when he'd dispersed the fog earlier.

Kakashi now stands right behind the Momochi, holding a kunai knife to his throat, preparing to slice it open.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

644 31 19
Something ominous is coming to stir the hidden Leaf village as an oblivious Kumo is dragged into it. Kumo Kazumi: a prodigy of one of the very few cl...
129K 3.6K 16
Kruno Inuzuka was kidnapped when she was six years old from her home in the hidden leaf village. Now, six years later, she has returned to find her b...
16K 186 97
From prisoner, to assassin, to clan Princess, Ayumi Kongoseki returns as the rightful Princess of the once-great Kongoseki clan after two and a half...
21.5K 651 25
Aisha Inumaki was found by leaf ninja running away from Orochimaru, late at night. The Hokage allows her to stay in Konoha and places her on Team 7...