𝙸𝚜𝚎𝚔𝚊𝚒 𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚆𝚛𝚘�...

By nur-aiesya-2002

ᴵˢᵉᵏᵃⁱ /異世界/ ⁿᵒᵘⁿ °°°ᴬ ᵍᵉⁿʳᵉ ᵒᶠ ᴶᵃᵖᵃⁿᵉˢᵉ ᶠⁱᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ ⁱⁿᵛᵒˡᵛⁱⁿᵍ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵈᵃʸ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ᵗʳᵃⁿˢᵖᵒʳᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵃˡᵗᵉʳⁿᵃᵗᵉ ᶠᵃⁿᵗᵃˢʸ... More

Readers Beware
Prologue
Chapter 1 [Since When I'm A Champion?]
Chapter 2 [I Didn't Even Returned With the Milk]
Chapter 3 [Level 1? Dang, That's Not Good]
Chapter 4 [Woah, An Actual Slime]
Chapter 5 [I Expected More Skeletons]
Chapter 6 [What A Fool I Was...]
World Map: Eophisia

Chapter 7 [The Realm of Eophisia]

15 0 0
By nur-aiesya-2002

Silence until Tsubaki had to open her mouth that's it.

"Lucas..." She mumbled out but internally cursed herself. Gawd, this was too awkward. Still, she gotta found out why or she wouldn't sleep a wink tonight. "Why..." She was hesitant, slightly worried that she may be prying but she got to know. With her lips pursed lightly, she asked. "Why did you become a party member? I mean, you weren't involved in...their plan," she frowned at the mention of it. "So why?"

It made no sense if this whole champion thing was a hoax. Lucas would have nothing to gain from it. So why? She doubted that he would actually enjoy adventuring–

"I was curious..." Tsubaki blinked as she was snapped out of her thoughts. Wait what? She furrowed her brows at his answer. 'Isn't that vague?'

And apparently, her confusion seemed to be obvious when the male sighed at the look on her face. "I am not from Istilan. I always venture here and there..." He started.

Tsubaki hummed at the reveal, now looking at him. "Then you stayed here? Long enough to become a party member?" She leaned forward, hugging her knees closer.

"Well, I heard how the Kingdom of Istalian managed to summon the Four Champions," Lucas's red eyes met with hers. "...which I thought was hard to believe."

Now that has thrown her off. "Eh? What do you mean? Haven't the Four Champions had been summoned before?" The black-haired girl blinked. "Why would this time be any different?"

The mage let out another sigh which made Tsubaki sheepishly smile. Right, she was asking too many questions.

"That was 50 years ago and since then the Sacred Weapons had been separated when the Great War had concluded," Lucas explained as he played with the fire. War? What war?

"Hold up, reel that back in. The Great War?" Tsubaki scrunched her brows. She hasn't heard anything about a war. They never found anything about any recent war in their previous research.

The mage nodded, "I am not surprised the King would hide it from you four." Of course. Tsubaki scowled at that. Better to keep your prey ignorant as much as possible. Tsk.

"So what happened?"

"...after the Defeat of Griselda and when the heroes had returned to their own homes, everyone became greedy," his voice was merely bored.

"Greedy? Like over the weapons?" Tsubaki took a guess which was correct as seen from the nod she received. Ah. Typical. Now that the champions were gone, that left these highly powerful weapons without proper owners. It would be the perfect opportunity in a power struggle between nations.

"Every Kingdom wanted the weapons for themselves..." Lucas confirmed her suspicion. "but after the war, they had been entrusted to their respectful kingdom like last I heard, Ateatis was keeping close guard over the Azure Trident especially since Tynulla was their patron goddess," the male explained.

"The Azure Trident? Isn't that Yumi's weapon?" Tsubaki's eyes widened. Damn, these mean more than mere weapons. "So what? Did Istilan just right up steal their weapon?"

Lucas simply shrugged, "how else did they manage to get their hands on it? The Ateatis Kingdom is the sea domain, the homes for the sea dwellers."

Tsubaki's eyes instantly brightened up, "sea dwellers? Like mermaids? Like actual mermaids?" She became eager, getting close. Lucas blinked, taken a bit back by her sudden enthusiasm. He only slowly nodded back to confirm her assumption. "And many others..."

The black-haired girl wanted to hit herself for her over-excitement. They are now in a fantasy world. Of course, there will be magical creatures and beings. Wait.

"Then do you think they'll help us?" She suggested, leaning forward.

Lucas snorted. "I doubt it." He was quick to turn down her idea. Tsubaki frowned when he glanced at her. "The Kingdom of Ateatis is hostile to outsiders, especially humans."

"But—"

Lucas shook his head. "No point. Even if you tried to convince them that you are a Champion, they'll kill you before you could get close." He clarified which made the girl slump down in despair.

But this girl was desperate, so she was not giving up. They need to steal back her sword back and save the others but they could not possibly accomplish that without actual help. "Then... are there any kingdoms or tribes that worship me?" Her smile awkwardly twitched at the male's blank stare. "B-By me, I mean the Champion for the Vermilion Sword, of course!"

Ignoring the girl's rambling, Lucas held his chin in thought. "If I am not mistaken, the Sverige Kingdom of the North was supposed to be guarding the sword."

"The Sve-Sveliye?" Tsubaki fumbled over the name, her tongue still had some difficulty rolling over the r.

"Sve-ree-ye." Lucas corrected her. "Yes, they're a human-occupied kingdom in the far north. Constant winter there."

"Wait human kingdom, you say?" Tsubaki furrowed her brows.

"You heard me right. As matter of a fact, there are currently four human kingdoms." Lucas nodded. "And the four kingdoms would make up the Four Obelisk Union."

"Obe-what?"

The male mage merely sighed before grabbing his bag and pulling out a map.

"Eophisia?" Tsubaki blinked at the large name plastered upon the map. This earned her an odd look from Lucas. "All this time, you haven't learned the name of the world you were forced into?"

"Ehe." Tsubaki gave a sheepish smile. Lucas merely responded with a deadpan look. She coughed, turning away. "Anyway, what this Obese Union you were talking about?"

"The Four Obelisk Union." Lucas rolled his eyes as he corrected her once more. "The Rusa of the East, the Santok of the South, Sverige of the North, and lastly Istilan of the West." He pointed to each kingdom. Tsubaki nodded her head, absolving the information.

"Then would they be any help?"

"Same with Ateatis, no." Lucas shot the idea down too.

"Eh?!" Tsubaki fumbled forward. "Bu-But they're a human kingdom! Why would—"

"Human yes, but they are currently the strongest kingdom in the union. Need I to remind you that they are a part of the very same union with the kingdom that tried to kill you off?" Lucas pointed at Istilan.

The black-haired girl paled at the reminder. "Don't tell me they want me dead too?!" Relief returned when the black-haired male shook his head.

"I wouldn't say that but..." He sighed. "I wouldn't put my trust in them if I were you. What to say that they would not use like Istilan had?" He scratched his head. "Not only that, getting in touch with them is another issue."

"Getting in touch?" Tsubaki's eyes widened. She snapped back to the map. Right, they're a kingdom far in the North. And with the whole kingdom of Istilan literally after her head, she doubts she'll get that far. "Isn't there any form of communication we could do?"

"There are communication spells and even teleportation spells," Lucas frowned with a sigh once his red orbs glanced at her. "But those are completely ineffective on you with that curse on you."

Tsubaki blinked. "Curse? What curse?" Her grey eyes followed his finger pointing to her forehead. "What?" Lucas passed her a mirror which to her surprise had shown red marking emerging upon her skin when he tapped her forehead. "Eh?!!?"

She let out a screech, forcibly rubbing her forehead in a failed attempt to remove the said marking. "When did that get there?! Get it off! Get it off!" She never consented to any weird freaky magic tattoo! She'll sue!

"The Grand Royal Mage, Sir Clef placed it on all the champions to keep you trapped in Istilan. They wish to prevent other kingdoms from interfering." Lucas nonchalantly said. "It's a matter of time before they realize that you are not dead." That had caused the girl to let out another screech.

"Wait what?! Is this like a tracker or some shit?!" Tsubaki began to scratch her skin harder in an attempt to peel it off. She hissed as her nails were digging in. Ouch.

Lucas snorted, "That royal mage was so arrogant that they'll kill you off so easily that there would be no need for a tracking spell."

"Then what the heck is this?!"

"Just a curse that prevents you from using any spells to communicate or teleport out of Istilan." Lucas rolled his eyes. He still can't believe they did all that but couldn't add a tracker spell as well. Arrogance mistake.

"But this thing can tell them that I am still alive?!" Tsubaki was not calm.

The mage nodded. "From what I have read before, this curse can alert the castor whether the cursed party is alive or dead. So once those dimwits reach the castle, the whole castle will be after you." He stated, now rolling back his map and returning it to his bag. The mage then leaned his back against a log. A yawn escaped his lips.

Yet Tsubaki was not that at ease. Her eye twitched at the male's casual attitude.

"Why haven't you said anything earlier?!" She exclaimed, flailing her arms around with her forehead red.

And she was holding herself back from pouncing on the mage when he said, "You didn't ask."

Tsubaki's face tightened up before groaning into her hands. She then forced herself to take a deep breath. "Then could you remove it?"

"Wouldn't I have done so reject if I could?" The black-haired girl groaned into her hands once more. Of course, it wouldn't be that easy.

"Does this mean that we gotta steal that sword on our own?" She whimpered in distress.

"Yes." That was all she got.

And she exploded, "YOU'RE TAKING THIS WAY TOO EASY!" Tsubaki cried out, pulling on her hair.

Lucas merely sighed at the emotional girl before resting his eyes. "Did you forget that I am a mage? And unlike you, they won't know I am still alive." He reminded her.

Oh. She placed her clutched fist upon her other palm at the realization. Right.

"Like that's gonna make me feel any better!" Tsubaki slammed her hand onto the ground. She winced at the stinging pain but dismissed it quickly. "Aren't you being too overconfident?! We can't pull that off with just the two of us!"

Zzzzz...A vein popped on her forehead as Tsubaki now had a twitching forced smile. "Oi oi oi. You think you can go sleep while I am worrying my head off?" She cracked her knuckles.

The mage paid her absolutely no attention in his peaceful slumber. Her eye twitched as she shot up from her place. She grunted a bit at her sore body. Right. She's still healing.

Tsubaki carefully moved over and poured some water into her palm...

"Tch," she splashed some of it into the sleeping mage's face. Lucas woke up with an unimpressed look. "Really?"

"Yes really," she mocked, imitating his voice. The male merely clicked his tongue, "did you have to do that? Can't we discuss this tomorrow?"

Tsubaki placed her knuckle on her hip with a finger up. "Yes. You slept in the middle of our conversation. Firstly, that's rude." She lifted another finger, "Secondly, you literally kept me hanging. You can't just claim, " Oh, I am a mage and oh they think I am dead. It's all good!" Like it is a fucking sound plan!"

The male shrugged, "Well it is. The faster we get your sword, the faster we can save your friends." He reached over to grab a cloth to wipe his face.

This made Tsubaki groan into her palm. Why. "Yeah, but acting harsh is dangerous. The palace has who knows how many knights and mages. I can't imagine how secure they must be guarding that sword." She's already getting anxiety from thinking of it.

"I—"

"And I know you're strong but I don't think we afford to underestimate them." Her gaze turned grim. She can't make the same mistake again. Also, she gotta get rid of this freaking curse, she rubbed her forehead again.

"If it would ease you, we could visit a friend of mine," Lucas spoke up. "He could help you remove that curse." He saw her worries and maybe thought it wouldn't hurt to try it her way. Though it was much more of a nuisance.

"Wait really?" Tsubaki snapped her head at him. Her grey eyes glinted in hope.

Lucas nodded his head with a sigh. "Yes, and it won't be long with a teleportation spell."

Tsubaki narrowed her eyes at him. "I thought you said that this curse prevents me from using teleportation spells."

"Communication and teleportation spells to communicate or teleport out of Istilan," Lucas stressed his words which made Tsubaki open her mouth in a circle in realization. Oh.

"Also, his place isn't far so it won't drain me much," Lucas stated.

"Then would that mean we could get in contact with Sverige, right?!" Hope was clear in her voice. The dark-haired mage clicked his tongue at her persistence in trusting that kingdom. Hadn't she learned her lesson of trusting a human kingdom?

"Perhaps but I still wouldn't trust members of the Obelisk Union."

"Why?"

"While Sverige is neutral with the other kingdom without any discrimination against those who aren't human," Lucas glanced elsewhere. "I wouldn't say that they are friendly. They are not the strongest kingdom in the union for nothing. Rumors have it that they are vicious as they are cruel, needed for one that lived in harsh cold terrains." He leaned his chin onto his palm. Okay, he may a some respect for them but it doesn't mean that he trusts them. "And don't get me started on Rusa. They never did take kindly to outsiders."

Tsubaki tilted her head, peering down at him. "Then what about the fourth one? Um, Santo?"

"Santok. Well, they're the most friendly but..." The mage lifted his head and held his chin. "Recently, I had heard that they are facing a civil war. So better not get them involved."

Great. Tsubaki groaned as she slowly returned to her place. Basically, it's a fifty-fifty chance here. She could get in contact with Sverige but who is to say that they aren't also misogynists? "Okay, I see your point. Too many risks involving another kingdom that we don't even know much about." She reluctantly admits his idea of doing alone may be safest. But could they really it off by themselves?

Tsubaki blinked as droplets of water hit her face. She shot a glare at the culprit. "Oi!"

"You should get some sleep." Lucas rolled his eyes. "You think too much. It's annoying."

The black-haired girl crossed her arms, grumbling. Something about the mage was thinking too little. In her defense, she can't afford to not think of every possible outcome.

Without any magic or weapons, she was completely defenseless. While Lucas has the advantage of magic, it would be too risky of her to solely rely on him alone. How his carefree attitude irked her so.

With a deep sigh, she asked once more as she pushed aside that annoyance. "Then what is your plan—"

Zzzz. Her eye twitched as snores filled the air. Once again, this guy has just fallen asleep in the middle of their conversation. This guy...

Though surprisingly, the black-haired girl's eyelids felt heavy. A yawn escaped her lips. Okay, Lucas may have a point. She may need that sleep after all, not that she'll give the mage the satisfaction of knowing he was right.

Tsubaki grumbled as she wrapped herself in the blanket and also Lucas's cloak that he had given her earlier. Okay, the guy must have used some sort of heating spell on the fabric because damn it was toasty.

"Good night." She whispered with a quiet hmph before closing her eyes shut. No longer able to resist the temptation of sleep. Hopefully, she'll get a good night's sleep without her anxieties and worries clouding her dreams. Zzz...

————————————————————

Author Note:
I am not dead, yayyyy. Oh look, you guys got a new update.

New knowledge unlocked! Learn more about these realms!

STATUS!

————————————————————
[TSUBAKI FUTABA]
————————————————————
LEVEL [2]    EXP: [275]

HP: [250]    MP: [250]

Title: - Fire God: Imlios's Champion

Gender: Female

Age: 18

Race: [Summoned Hero]

Class: [Swordswoman]

————————————————————
STATS
————————————————————
Strength: ★★
Defence: ★
Speed: ★★★
Agility: ★★

Magic: - Fire Affinity [Level 2]

Weapon: - The Vermilion Sword [Divine]

Alert:

Weapon is absent from the champion's range. Retrieve the weapon back immediately.

————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 6.5K 56
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
23.4K 911 29
Olivia was your average 18 year old girl. Keyword, 𝙬𝙖𝙨, until she drowned in a lake and woke up in a crappy novel her friend recommended to her. ...
487K 27.5K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
13.7K 981 51
Our beloved protagonist was a force of unparalleled might, a being whose power eclipsed all others that had ever graced existence. Yet, in the cruel...