Araw-Araw (Playlist Series 1)...

By NamelessLian

Playlist series #1 Cold-hearted and pessimistic Psychology major Ashton has two goals in mind: focus his eyes... More

P R O L O G U E
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Author's Note

29

56 2 0
By NamelessLian

Ashton's P.O.V

"Ay siomai!" Out of reflex, my arms caught Gwyneth whose about to face plant on the floor. You could hear the booming laughter from the others. Gwyneth was squinting her eyes hard, as if she's expecting pain to come after kissing the floor. Thankfully, I was quick enough to avoid her injuring herself. May pagkalampa nga pala itong batang ito.

'Now that i'm looking at her up close, ngayon ko lang napansin na may konting freckles pala siya,' I could see light freckles spread across her cheeks and nose. Light lang ang color non so hindi siya ganon ka-visible sa malayuan.

"Do you like siomai that much that you always yell that word whenever you're startled?" I couldn't help but ask her. Every time she gets startled by small things or her clumsiness attacks, laging bukambibig niya ang word na 'siomai' which made me wonder if that's her favorite food or something.

"A-Ashton..." Nauutal na sambit nito, her eyes wide in shock. I was still holding her wrist.

"That's my name," I replied.

"Such a clumsy kid. You okay?" Narinig kong sinabi ni Cecilio habang tumatawa.

"Oo... A-ah... ano... pabitaw..." I let go of her hand and looked away awkwardly.

"Oh right..."

"Yie---!" Hera was about to tease us but Cyrus got to her fast, covering her mouth with his hand. There is a look of disgust in Cecilio's eyes as he glance back and forth from Gwyneth and I. I could already tell what he wants to say but refrained from saying it out loud.

"You really should look at where you're going," I pointed out. Namumula si Gwyneth at hindi tumingin sa'kin. She must've felt embarassed to tripped in front of us. It's not like we can control her clumsy moments.

"Uyyyy! Gwyneth! Sing pula mo na yung brip ni Kuya!" Hera broke free from Cyrus and commented. Of all the things she can say, she chose something lewd.

'Gwyneth, Hera and Cyrus seems to fit together as friends. Pare-parehong walang preno sa kanilang mga iniisip,' They're literally a bunch of 6 year old kids trapped inside college student bodies.

"Sa lahat na pwede mong icompare mukha ni Gwyneth, sa brief pa talaga ng Kuya mo?" Cecilio ask Hera, which Hera returned with a shrug. Sinipa naman ni Gwyneth ang bag na nakapulupot na sa kanang paa.

"Yung bag mo naman kase Cy! Pahara-hara! Itapon ko yan eh!" Nag-asaran pa sila habang ako ay nanatiling tahimik nang mapansin ko ang presensya ng Tatay ni Gwyneth. He was looking at us as if chaos arrived inside their home. They were oblivious of his presence but I decided not to say anything. Gwyneth turned to proceed walking toward the direction of their kitchen when she jumped in surprise when she saw her Father's amused face.

"Pa!" Natigil ang tatlong isip bata sa kanilang ginagawa at tinignan ang Tatay ni Gwyneth.

"A-andito po pala kayo?" Kabadong tanong ni Gwyneth. She looked anxious and nervous about what her Father might say about us being here. I felt bad for barging in their home. Baka hindi pa kami naipaalam ni Gwyneth sa parents niya that's why she looked terrified now that we're facing her Father.

"Good afternoon po," "Hello po, Tito!" We all greeted him. I still remember the night we met her family, which was an eventful evening in my opinion. 

'Her Mom and older Sister must be at work,' 

"Ah Pa, mga... ehem... ka-eskwela ko po," She introduced us. Nagsitayuan kami as a sign of respect na din sa mas nakakatanda sa'min as we get acquainted. Well, except for Hera since she seems familiar with him already.

"Nice to meet you, Tito!" Said Cecilio in a cheery tone, with matching shake hands.

'Tito? Masyado na 'tong feeling close,' Kung sabagay, it is his nature to try and get close with other people, kahit na minsan nagmumukha na itong sipsip. Besides, Cecilio made it clear that he did have a soft spot for his self-proclaimed 'long lost sister from another mother'.

Binati ko na din siya pero tinignan ako nito mula ulo hanggang paa. Sinusubukan niya ata akong kilalanin.

"Teka? Kayo yung... nung gabi nung...?" Panimula nito, once he figured why I look familiar. Didn't think it'd take him a while to figure that one out. That night out was the first time I met Gwyneth's Dad. The second time I was here at their home was when I drove Gwyneth and her Sister after the pool fiasco. And now, I'm back again, dragged by Cecilio to spend the free afternoon with the juniors.

"Kami nga po. Long time no see, Tito?" Si Cyrus na ang sumagot.

"Nabalik ulit kayo ah?" He directed his question at us. Tumango ako bilang sagot. It was a good thing Cecilio wasn't paying attention anymore as he avert his eyes back to the television. 

Nag-biruan lang sila habang ako ay nanunuod ng interaction nila. Medyo nahihiya ako because I felt like an uninvited guest, well Cecilio and I were originally uninvited guests after all. We mostly discussed about the university life. He ask a few questions here and there.

After the small talk with Gwyneth's Dad, we went to their kitchen to prep the snacks. Once everything is settled, we went back to the living room and start the movie. We all settled and got comfortable in our positions. Gwyneth's Dad left us, saying something about catching up on his drafts and stuff.

The entire time we were watching the film was filled with 'manly' screams from Cecilio and Cyrus. At dahil sutil din itong si Gwyneth, she kept pranking the two guys making them scream intensely unto the pillows. She even started recording the guys secretly. Sobra ang kapit ni Cecilio sa'kin which irritated me. Nawala ang inis ko nang makita ko ang natatawang expression ni Gwyneth sa ginagawa niya. I did not enjoy being stuck with Cecilio in this couch. Hindi ko na lang din masyadong naenjoy ang film.

'Hindi na siguro mauulit itong movie marathon na katabi ko si Cecilio,' Regret probably filled my eyes as Gwyneth continued giggling at my state. She won't be laughing at me like this is she was in my position.

We finished the film with two boys traumatized. I'm surprise that Gwyneth and Hera were not as scared as the other guys. Sure, they would jump at the scary scenes or cover their eyes once in a while, but they successfully suppressed their screams. Unlike the other two where they shouted profanities at the television the entire film.

'I should probably ask Gwyneth for that video,' I could use it as a blackmail or greeting video for Cecilio. Bethany would like that.

Since we still have a few hours to spare, they have decided to watch more films. The two boys argued their way to handling the remote which they won in the end. We ended up watching one of those corny comedy films. Both boys wanted to erase the traumatic scenes from their minds and replace them with funny ones. As if.

Gwyneth's Dad came back to the living room with two boxes of pizza. Nag-order pa ito ng dagdag naming meryende, perfect timing since we're almost out of chips na din. Inantay ko na makakuha ang lahat bago ako kumuha. It's like Gwyneth can read my mind because just as I was about to take my turn of taking a slice, she handed me a decent size slice of pizza. I took it and thanked her.

Since wala din namang nanunuod sa'min ng film, we chitchat with Gwyneth's Dad again. He was cool and we talk about sports. Gwyneth's Dad told us he doesn't have anyone to discuss sports with, considering he lived in a female dominated house and none of his daughters have interest with sports. He looks laid back and doesn't hesitate to hold a conversation with students around her daughter's age. I got praises when he learned that I'm an athlete and is on the swimming team.

Gwyneth excused herself, leaving the rest of us with her Dad. She even warned her Father to behave, which made me stifle a laugh at how cute they were.

'It's not that weird to find her relationship with her Dad 'cute', right?' It really reminds me how funny my Dad gets when my siblings and I's friends are around.

Hera and Cecilio went to the kitchen para dalhin at ayusin yung mga pinagkainan namin. Gwyneth's father told them to leave it in the sink but the two stubborn kids insist they will clean it dahil 'bilin ni Gwai' iyon. While the two were out, Gwyneth's father started talking to Cyrus and I.

"Alam niyo, buti na lang at may kaibigan ang Gigi ko na tulad niyo," Rinig kong sambit ng Papa ni Gwyneth. I looked at him and smiled.

"Pasensya na, Tito at nakilamon pa kami," Pagpapasensya ni Cyrus ngunit natawa lang ito. He shook his head 'no' while laughing. He is different from Gwyneth's Mom, whom I remember was kind of harsh and strict when she speaks.

"Ayos lang yon. Masaya akong nakikitang may mga kaibigan na naidadala dito ang anak ko," He look genuinely happy that his daughter is making good memories with good friends. Gwyneth is indeed surrounded by loving kind of people who wants her to be genuinely happy.

"Pero matanong ko lang, ano. Sana hindi offensive sa inyo pero I'm just curious..." He started.

"About what po?" Tanong ni Cyrus.

"Ilang taon na kayo?" He asked us both. I wasn't confused or anything since its just a simple and harmless question. He must be trying to get to know us. I could see the resemblance between him and Gwyneth already just by the way they both talk.

"19 years old na po," "I'm 20 po," Sabay naming sagot ni Cyrus kaya naman napatingin pa kami sa isa't isa. Gwyneth's Dad looks like that wasn't the answer he was looking for as he shake his head in a light 'no'.

"What I mean is, you know, ilang taon na kayo...together," Naiilang pa siyang sabihin ang word na 'together'. He needs to use more words for us to understand.

'I'm not following? What does he mean by that?' What did he meant by together? Like how long we've known each other? I could say not too long ago, pretty recent actually.

"Po?" Gwyneth's Dad cleared his throat before speaking again.

"How long have you two been in a relationship? Tuwang-tuwa kasi si Gwyneth sa love story niyo. Pero huwag kayong mag-alala, no judgment here. Hindi kami ganoong klaseng mga tao na homophobes---" His words got cut off when Cyrus sprayed the drink from his mouth all over the coffee table. Nasamid ako sa sarili kong laway nang marinig ko ang mga salitang iyon.

'What the fuck? What is he talking about?' Just what the hell has Gwyneth been telling her Father all along? Seryoso ba ito? Did he just... asked us how long we've been in a... relationship? Not the friendship type but the romantic type? Just thinking about it gives me creeps. 

"Pasensya na ha? Nacurious lang ako. Alam niyo naman ang society natin, hindi pa ganon masyadong open sa mga same sex. Pero huwag kayo mag-alala, Katoliko man kami, hindi namin hinuhusgahan ang komunidad niyo. Hindi ako papayag lalo na dito sa pamamahay ko. Feel free to express your love---" Nag-daldal muli ang Tatay ni Gwyneth. Both Cyrus and I spoke simultaneously, denying what he thought was real.

"T-Tito hindi po!" "We're not together!" The panic inside me really got me all fired up. I felt humiliated, like life was playing jokes on me at this moment. Cyrus seems to be in panic as well. Who wouldn't? We're both as manly as we could be, yet someone thought we're 'together-together'. That is something that you don't get to hear everyday.

"Eh? Bakit sinabi niya na kayo daw ay magkasintahan? Akala ko pa nga mga manliligaw kayo pero dineny naman niya. Todo tanggol pa nga sa inyo 'yon eh," Nag-tatakang sagot ng Tatay ni Gwyneth. I also wonder what Gwyneth told him. I knew she didn't remember much that night but the least she could've done was to not tell her Dad that two straight school mates drove her home.

'Now I know where Gwyneth got her nonstop blabbering,'

"Sir, him and I barely know each other. It just so happen that I'm a senior of your daughter in school and he's her... close friend," Iyon ang tangi kong sagot matapos akong hindi makaimik ng ilang segundo, o minuto.

"Tito, sinisiraan ba kami ni Gwai?" Tanong naman ni Cyrus dito. Napakunot ng noo ang Tatay ni Gwyneth dahil don.

'I wouldn't blame him for asking. I was actually wondering the same thing,' But then again, I feel like its not in Gwyneth's nature to ruin someone's image to other people. I don't think she have the guts for that. She would feel too guilty about talking bad about someone that didn't do anything wrong to her.

"Hindi naman sa ganon, hindi na ninira ng iba si Gigi. Pero bakit niya kaya nasabi iyon? Kung hindi kayo, manliligaw niya ba kayo?" Confusion plastered on his face. Hindi ko alam kung kami ba ang tinatanong niya o ang sarili niya. 

"Absolutely not,"

'Ako ang nililigawan ng anak niyo,' I really want to say that. What would he think of his daughter if I did tell him that? He seems like the laid back yet overly protective type of Father. Now, I'm curious. 

"Hala si Tito! Study first muna," Cyrus exclaimed. Mukhang pinagpapawisan na kami ng malamig, anticipating kung ano pa yung ibang sasabihin niya. 

"Ay eh sorry, sorry. Baka mali lang ng akala si Gigi..." Gwyneth's Dad taps the arm rest of the chair. 

'Now that has been cleared, the atmosphere feels too awkward,' Silence enveloped the three of us. Natapat ang tingin ko sa mata ni Cyrus who wore this disgusted face. 

'The feelings' mutual, assface,

"Pasensya na, pero bagay naman kayo," Gwyneth's Father commented. 

"I'm not gay. Never was and never will be," "Straight po kami, Tito. Sing tigas ng bakal. Mga barako po!" Sabay naming sambit ni Cyrus. Never in my life have I heard someone say such ridiculous thing. I have nothing against the LGBTQIA+ community to be clear, but I don't see myself in a same sex relationship. 

"Nakakatuwa kayong mga bata kayo," He chuckled, looking at us like little kids caught in act of doing something mischievous. 

Sakto naman dumating yung dalawa. Cecilio sat on the floor, resuming the film while Hera made herself busy with her phone. Nag-paalam na ang Tatay ni Gwyneth na lalabas daw muna to answer a call. I could see from the dark circles under his eyes from exhaustion. Must be tough working all day.

Nagtagpo muli ang tingin namin ni Cyrus bago lumihis ng tingin. I have the sudden urge to punch something dahil sa kahihiyan na nararamdaman ko. I want to swim 10 or so laps. No, I need it to forget what just happened. 

Naka-balik na din si Gwyneth from the bathroom. She glanced at Cyrus and I weirdly. Hindi na kami makakibo dahil sa sinabi ng Tatay niya.

"Oh? Bakit ganyan mga itsura niyo? Si Papa?" Nilingon namin siya pero hindi na ako nag-salita. I tried focusing back on the film but I can't forget the ridiculous question her Father asked us.

"Went outside to take a call," Natulala na lang ako, sobrang binabagabag nung pangyayari.

"Don't tell me may sinabi si Papa sa inyo na nakakahiya?" Narinig kong tanong ni Gwyneth in a panic tone.

"A-ahahaha! Hindi! Wala! Wala yon!"Cyrus stuttered. Pahalata ito masyado.

"We just... talked... about sports..." I backed him up, making an excuse to divert the attention.

"Ah! Oo, yon! Hindi naman kase makakarelate yung dalawa sa usapan namin," Cyrus agreed exaggeratedly. It seems like he cannot lie to save himself.

"Yung totoo kase. Ano nga?" Nakapamewang na si Gwyneth na nag-tatanong sa amin.

"Ewan ko ba sa mga 'to. Ganyan na yung mga yan pagbalik namin---" It was a good thing really that the two were out of sight when it happened. I don't know how to save myself from that kind of embarassment. Not that I am against same sex relationships, I just did not expect someone to assume I am in one.

"Ano ba kase meron?" Masyado na nagiging defensive itong si Cyrus while I remain silent, afraid to say anything. I could feel my jaw clenching from restraining myself to ask her if she said anything that jeopardize other people's persepective of my sexuality.

"Gago, Gwai. Siniraan mo ba kami sa Papa mo?" Gwyneth gasped out loud as Cyrus questioned her. Hinampas siya ni Gwyneth sa inis. I looked at Cyrus in the eyes and gave him the look that could be translated to 'don't-say-anything-else'.

"That stays between us and your Dad," I decided to speak and end the conversation. I heard her murmuring how long she was in the bathroom that she missed something important and none of us want to tell her, I'm just glad she dropped the topic and the movie afternoon continued with no word about the unusual conversation from earlier.

~

"Yung totoo, Paps? Crush mo na ba si Gwyneth?" Cecilio jokingly asked as he fastened his seatbelt. I turned the ignition of the car and fastened my own seatbelt. I started driving, with Cecilio chilling beside me. Pauwi na kami after the last film we watched. Gwyneth's Father insist we stay for dinner but I declined since it's getting late and I don't want to be stuck in a traffic jam. Gwyneth's best friends stayed as they will also be working on some sort of group activity.

"What the hell are you? Pre-school?" I frowned at his question.

'What made him think that I like that bunny child already?'

"Eh kasi naman, matutunaw na si Gwyneth sa mga pasimpleng tinginan mo. Kung sabagay, kamahal-mahal naman na kase yung batang yun," He pointed out with a sigh as he leaned his head against the window. My frown deepened by his choice of words.

"When did you and Gwyneth even got close?" I asked back. We only hang out with Gwyneth and her friends every now and then. I didn't know they'd be close without my knowledge.

'Not that I really want to know it. I've been curious about a lot of things. That's must be it, curiosity,

"That's between her and I," Mayabang na sagot ni Cecilio, wearing a teasing smile on his lips. That made me irritated. I was asking him a serious question, tapos ito ang isasagot niya sa'kin?

'He makes me want to smack that stupid look he has on his face,'

"Sasabihin mo o puputukin ko gulong ng motor mo?" I threatened him, using his precious ride against him. The stop light turned red so I slowed down, eventually halting as cars pass by in front of us.

"Chill! Grabe ka naman mag-selos! Apaka-violent!" Cecilio held up both of his hands and covered his face to protect himself. I let out a sigh before replying.

"I'm not jealous! I'm just..." I trailed off when saw Cecilio raising an eyebrow as if he doesn't believe a word I say.

"Wew, curious sasabihin mo. Taena neto," Prangkang salita nito. He really doesn't filter his words. This made me think Dexter is rubbing off his personality on Cecilio. 

'The bastard would probably feel so proud that he's finally influencing Cecilio to change,

"What if I am?" Sambit ko, seryoso pa ang aking tono. This made Cecilio pause and look at me for a few seconds, like he was examining my expression to see if I was joking or something. Minsan, ang sarap bigwasan ni Cecilio. Hindi ko mawari kung siya ba ay totoong nagtataka o nagkukunwari lang para makaganti sa'kin. 

"Seryoso mo naman masyado. Pinakaba mo naman ako eh! Akala ko tuloy si Dex kausap ko!" Tawa nito. Tanging nakakairitang halakhak niya lang ang maririnig sa sasakyan. I remained silent which sent the message that I was actually serious about what I said, but I still gave him a warning glance.

"Oo na! Eto na! Sasabihin na. Makatingin kala mo mananaksak ng susi," He chuckled. I remained quiet as I listened to what he has to say. 

'He better say something with sense,' I'm ready to drop him off anywhere. Bahala siyang umuwi mag-isa. 

"Madalas kase akong natambay sa department nila, so madalas ko siyang nakikita. We just chitchat now and then kapag nagkakasalubong kami. And I'm familiar with her blockmates na mahilig ding bumuntot sa'kin kapag may mga car show," He explained. I listened carefully to his choice of words. Halata kasi kapag siya ay nagsisinungaling o nagsasabi ng totoo.

"Why were you even in their department? Asa kabilang building department natin ah?" I questioned him. He looked away and I saw him gulp nervously. Obviously, he doesn't have any business there because he told us he is already done dating women from that department.

'Huli ka. I knew there was something fishy tuwing magpapaalam siya na may gagawin,' Hindi lang pala namin alam na may inaabangan siya sa Engineering department. 

"Just... cause. It's none of your business anyways!" Hindi siya makatingin sa'kin ng deretso, pero naiinis na tono pa ang ginamit niya sa akin na parang ako pa ang nakakaabala. I raised an eyebrow at him, not believing any word he said. I have several questions about their relationship.

'Pero hindi pa rin ibig sabihin noon ay nagseselos na ako or something,' I'm just concerned about the closeness these two had without my knowledge. I was kind of surprised that they kept in touch. I doubt even Dex or Bethany knows about it. 

Perhaps it's because Cecilio never really had any younger friends who's as crazy yet genuine like the bunny-like child Gwyneth. Wala naman kasi siyang iniispoil, siguro nakikita niyang may nakababatang kapatid siya kay Gwyneth. As long as he doesn't have any other ill intention about befriending her, I don't really have any other issues aside from that. 

"Oh ayan ha, inamin ko na pano nag-simula friendship namin. Actually, sa una lang talaga mailap sa tao si Gwyneth. Onting suyo at chika lang Jan, she'll warm up. Ewan ko ba kung ba't sa'yo siya nakabuntot eh siya pa naman yung tipo na kung hindi mo kakausapin, 'di iimik. Pero infairness, may pagkamadaldal din yang buntot mo," Dagdag ni Cecilio. Alam ko naman iyon. Gwyneth is as innocent as it gets, yet she can be just as mature as any other college students here. She's not exactly the people type of person, yet once people actually try to get to know her, she can be fun to hang around with. 

'I don't find her that annoying anymore. Guess she have this weird ability to make anyone feel comfortable around her presence,' 

"Hindi ko siya buntot," Paglilinaw ko pero natawa lang siya sa sinabi ko. I sighed and rolled my eyes. 

"Oo nga pala, ikaw na ang buntot niya--- Joke lang! Jokers!" He shrieked as soon as he felt me trying to punch him with one hand while my other hand was on the steering wheel. Nang kumalma na siya ay muli siyang nagsalita. 

"Anyways, ikaw? Kelan ka magiging honest?" Nagtaka naman ako sa tanong niya. 

"Honest about what?" I replied. 

"You like her already, hindi ba?" He didn't bothered filtering his words. He looks at the window and stared at the road, a bored look is on his face as if he has been wondering about my answer to his question for a long time. 

"No, I don't---" I denied but was cut off. 

"Pft. Yeah you do," He snorted. 

"I said, I don't!---"

"Oh come on, Ashton! I may look dumb, but I'm not that dumb. Or as naive as Gwyneth," He emphasizes the word 'dumb'.  Despite sounding like an idiot most of the time, he can sound surprisingly smart in unusual times. Today's that day, I guess. 

'What does he know about my emotions anyway? He should be concerned about his own,' He is, after all, 'malandi' by definition. If he figures out his own feelings about different girls, maybe I'd consider thinking about what he said. 

"You're slowly liking her. 'Di ko naman sinabing instantly, mahal mo. Kilala na kita eh, hindi ka ganong lalaki. But the way you're interacting with her these past months, makes me think she's somewhat special, don't you think?" He added. Napaisip ako.

'Magkatunog na nga si Gwyneth at Cecilio. Both are observant yet can be unpredictable at the same time,' Hindi kaya long lost siblings itong dalawang ito? But they don't look alike. This is probably one of the rarest moments where I can understand a thing Cecilio said, yet the usual moment where I want to shut him up. 

"I'm nice to Bethany too!" Sumbat ko. It took Bethany months to get close to me. Maldita yet magaling makipag-socialize si Bethany, that's why instead of her giving up on befriending me, I gave up because she matches my attitude well. I can also be civil to other women in certain times like with Terra. But most of the time, I avoid them to avoid altercations. 

"Not as nice and gentle as you are with Gwyneth. Fuck, dude, you never gave anyone soft look like you gave Gwyneth! You're like, I don't know, smitten or something! Gago ka, eh ang sama ng amats mo nung una! Pota ka, Paps! Anong wattpadshit ka?" Malakas na halakhak ni Cecilio. He wiped the tears that gathered from his eyes due to laughing. 

"Fuck you," I frowned. 

"Wala kang rebuttal sa sinabi ko? Sabagay, lahat ng yan ay facts, backed up by strong evidences and witnessed by most of us. You are, hereby, guilty as charged!" Tawa nito muli. 

'One of these days, I'm really going to bury this guy alive,' 

"I don't like Gwyneth romantically," I muttered angrily. 

"Ah, Oo nga pala. May Coleen pa pala ano? Nga pala, ano na nangyari don? May pagkasuplada ha," Sagot nito sa'kin. Right, the encounter between the trio and Coleen was... not exactly favorable. 

"Coleen doesn't have to please anyone of you," I pointed out. Para sa trio, tunog maarte at clingy siya. Coleen do appear like that to people she doesn't really know. Siguro ay dahil matagal ko na siyang kilala kaya mas naiintindihan ko kung bakit siya ganon. She's just trying to figure out what kind of people I am friends with. 

"Pero pag si Gwyneth, need na I-please kami?" He started twisting my words. Nahawa na nga talaga ito kay Dex.

"I didn't say that,"

"Eh parang ang labas kasi, kung okay kami kay Gwyneth eh okay ka rin sa kanya. Eh pano kung 'di kami okay sa Coleen mo?" I am beyond annoyed at this point. 

"Seriously, Cecilio?" Disbelief laced my tone. 

'We really are gonna have this conversation right now?' I'm really tempted to drop him off at the side of the road but I couldn't. I'm not as heartless as Dex is. This is the time where I can say I need the presence of that heartless guy. 

"Joke lang! Alam ko namang 'di mo naman yun Coleen—- Oh! Oy! Nagmamaneho ka! Mabangga tayo! Bata pa 'ko!" He jokingly replied before crying out when I tried hitting him again. 

"Your spouting nonsense again. 'Di ko magets yang point mo," I uttered. He calmed himself down, sighing before replying.

"My point is, we all feel that you worry about many things. But Gwyneth should be the least of your worries, dude. She's dedicated as fuck! Kung 'di lang baby sis tingin ko don, I'll steal her away from you," He has this smug look on his face. He should be choosing his words carefully right now. Konti na lang ang pasensya ko kung ipipilit pa rin niya yung sa tingin niya ay alam niya. 

"You're a Gamboa. Isn't that what you do best?" I snapped back. 

"Aray ha. Putcha mapanakit na yang words mo," He gasped and acted all hurt, as if my words stabbed him in his heart.  Ngumisi lang ako, shaking my head as if I had won this nonsense debate. 

"Taena mo, ang lala mo naman mang-asar pabalik. Namemersonal," He is so dramatic that it's frustrating. 

"Ibababa kita dito," Banta ko sa kanya. He held up his hands in defense. 

"Ayan ka na naman. Ang talim mo magsalita," Sagot nito. I know I can be harsh with words, I just don't want to talk about this anymore. It ruins the good mood I had all afternoon. 

We both went silent. The only sound we could hear is the noisy road ahead of us and the sound coming from the radio. I u-turned to drive the shortcut to Cecilio's place that has less traffic. After a few moments of peaceful silence, Cecilio decided to ruin it again by speaking. 

"Pero seryoso ako, Paps. It's not like we'll judge you or anything. But you gotta admit, the kid is growing on you,"

'I really should consider investing to mouthpiece just like Gwyneth for her friends,' I wasn't able to control myself, and before I knew it, I was already answering back. I held back a groan and replied.

"Okay, fine. But its because she's persistent. And she is kind of cool to hang out with,"  I saw Cecilio raised an eyebrow at what I just admitted. 

"See? Ikamamatay mo ba kung may sasabihin kang nice about her?" He said with a huffed. 

'Would it also kill this guy to shut up about my personal matters for a moment?

"But she's still annoying. And complaints a lot. Like you," Dugtong ko sa una kong sinabi. At the corner of my eyes, I saw Cecilio face palmed.

'What was that for?'

"Aaannndd he's back to insulting the girl again," I heard him whispered to himself. Bumuntong hininga muna siya at nanahimik ng ilang segundo. 

"Eto lang masasabi ko, Gwyneth can be naive and yeah, she is basically a kid both at height and heart, but I can see that she genuinely likes you. Biruin mo, all the harsh words you've said eh balewala lang. She's trying to get to know you by layers. Onion ka kaseng ogre ka eh. Pakadaming layers ng emotions," He spoke like he knows me all too well. But then again, hindi naman siya nagkakamali. He has a point, ayoko lang aminin sa kanya pati na rin sa sarili ko.

"Damn you," Mura ko sa kanya. He gave me that annoying smirk he always wear when he knows he won. 

"But you know I'm right," If that's what he wants to think, bahala na siya. I'm tired of arguing with him about things that is the very least of my priorities. Alam ko ang sarili kong nararamdaman, and it's not what he thinks it is. 

END OF CHAPTER 29

A/N:

Will edit if 'di na tinatamad.

Word count: 5140

Peace out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 88.1K 58
Evangeline Yu went back to the Philippines only to find out that her house was sold, her sister had ran away with her money and her mother was in com...