Crystals Of The Guardians

By WhiteBrim7360

A story about an interesting duo; a peashooter and a sunflower, in the world of Plants vs Zombies. The neighb... More

Chapter 1: Not so clear skies
Chapter 2: An Invitation
Chapter 3: The Grounds
Chapter 4: New me

Chapter 5: A long night

7 1 0
By WhiteBrim7360

Everything was like a video game in my room. Of course, it's only like that in my room, the real world is the real world. I walk out of my bunk and look around. One thing is different than normal, I've noticed that with my outfit equipped, seeing the world is like a video game. I can see my health at the bottom right.

125 HP

That's normal for a pea I assume, I'm sure it will go up as I become stronger.

Above my health is a single box displaying a glowing peashooter, this was my Hyper ability, I guess.

"Hi there," I look up to see Solar. She has a big smile on her face. She has shiny red sunglasses resting on her head.

"Heyy."

"These bunks are amazing! They are kind of like a video game, that's pretty neat."

"Oh really, I thought mine was special." I frown.

"What did you expect, White?"

"I thought that maybe, for once in my life, I could have something no one else has."

"Well, let me tell you something," she shakes her petals. "There's only one of you, and there's only one outfit like that, and you have it."

"Yeah, this is my exclusive outfit, you like it?"

"It's kinda cool."

"Kinda... that hurts..."

"You're gonna make it through this, just take some breaths."

Hm.

"So...what did you get?" I asked.

"I got these glasses," she takes them off her head. "They're pretty nice, they're called Exclusive Fireproof Glasses. I guess since they are fireproof, I can't melt them with my energy, that's good I guess"

"Ye."

She puts them on, "How do I look?"

"Um... like you're wearing sunglasses."

She lifts them and stares at me.

I stare back, blankly.

We stare at each other for a few more seconds.

"What in the holy corn world are you two doing?! Kernel Corn yells at us.

We both jump.

"Well, are you gonna tell me or do I have to give you two cleaning duty?!"

This guy is pretty serious, we should probably say something.

"We-"

"We are just talking about our bunks, they're pretty cool, thank you sir!" Solar says as she salutes.

"No problem, you guys have earned it coming this far." Kernel continues "It's getting late, get some rest, and if I catch either one of you on the premises and not in your bunks, I'll have you run the track until you can't run anymore, you hear me?!"

"Yes sir!" We salute.

Kernel nods, turns around, and leaves.

It's almost dark out, we must have spent a lot of time in our bunks.

"Night White, don't let the grasshoppers bite."

"Sweet dreams, see ya later.

We both head to our bunks. I hop on my bed and look at the ceiling. This is the next stage in my life. I finally have someone who may be considered a friend. I've been so busy with work that I never had time to meet people in Neighborville. It is time to get stronger, to prove that I can do more than just run around town all day.

I think that I should get Solar her guitar, she didn't have much, her guitar was almost all she had. It's a long way to get to Sappletown, but it is what I have to do. Now is the time to plan. If I can sneak past Kernel, I can reach the gate and find a way to get over. But for now, I must wait.

About an hour later, I am ready to go. I sneak out my door, and climb onto my roof. I am in the center of all the bunks on the campus. There are chard guards all over the place. I'll head to the gait in front of me. There are about 5 bunks, the first is Solar's. A guard is walking between us right now, moving to the left. It's go time.

I go hyper and jump down, right behind the chard guard. I then jump onto Solar's roof. The guard was turned around, waving his flashlight left and right. I could barely hear some music coming from Solar's bunk below me, then it stopped, she probably thinks her music alerted the guard. I turn around, 4 left. There are two guards in front of me. They aren't moving, just waving their flashlights in opposite directions. Hm, what do I do...

I quietly climbed down Solar's bunk, I picked up a rock, and climbed back up. Time for a diversion. I throw a rock over the two guards, they step apart and shine their lights on the rock. I land on the ground and I race between them, they turn around just as I pass between them. I jump onto the building and keep going. Momentum.

I dodge the lights of the guards, I race from roof to roof, no guard as seen me yet. I've reached the last bunk, just 30 feet from the gate. Kernel is patrolling.

Great.

He's nothing like the chard guards, he has better instincts. What should I do. Hm. . . Wait, maybe he will see me, but If I go fast enough, he won't recognize me. I stop and breathe. I just used up energy, to recharge, I have to wait.

I meditate on the roof for a few more minutes, my hyper is charged. He is still patrolling near the fence. I'm going to try to run past him and jump over the fence. Simple plan. Kernel is probably going to kill me but I'm going to die trying.

I climb down off the roof. I lean forward, ready to sprint. I take a breath, and let my body be filled with energy. Kernel is right in front of me and patrolling left now. I bound forward, almost instantly Cob turns around, he starts firing at me, I'm not fast enough to avoid the shots, so I just jump, I jump with all that I have, I evade his shots and barely make it over the fence. I land on the pavement, and continue, I'm out of Kernel's sight by now. I made it.

Phew.

About an hour later, I reached Sappletown. I had to slow down after I was hyper, It's exhausting. I start walking on main street. Everything was dead, with a purple hint. The air smelled dead as well, like rotting grapes. After a few blocks into town, the rotten smell is a little stronger. I stop, and listen. I look at the roofs, I notice a small bush like pile of leaves on the house ahead on my right. I watch the bush. Then I see a glint of light come from the bush. A sniper.

I immediately race to the house to my left, shots fire and hit the ground as I run to the house. Two can play this game. I jump on the house and fire rounds of peas at him. He slides off the house to dodge my shots. Normal peas shoot once per second. Elite peas can shoot faster.

I chase down the sniper, hop onto his building and scout for him. He jumped a fence and is now a street away. This guy's quick. I race after him, clearing the fence with ease, I can feel the wind pass around my body as I run. I can see his camouflage leaves bouncing as he runs to the next house. That was Solar's house. He slips around the corner. This is my chance to catch him. I jump on the house and jump onto the center of the backyard.

I realize this was probably not a good idea. The backyard was a grass yard with wooden fencing surrounding the yard. All around me were soldier zombies. I didn't move a muscle. I turned around and there was the sniper. He was a camo soldier, which are snipers. Each of their guns are armed with paintballs filled with weed killer. They deal some damage, but they don't pass through you, one can say they are filled with acid. Soldiers have cannons on their backs so they can launch themselves into the air, and shoot missiles. One direct hit with a missile from a soldier is instant death.

The camo zombie screamed, " RAA!!!"

This is gonna hurt.

All 6 of the soldiers bent over their cannons aimed at me, 6 missiles were flying towards me. If I jumped straight up, then I would still be surrounded. I had an idea.

I jumped over the fusillade and jumped on the camo soldier, I landed on his face,and jumped through the window of the house. I crashed through the window and rolled on the wooden floor, I heard a loud boom behind me. There's no way that took out the soldiers, zombies are tough.

I looked around the room I was in. The room had a purple bed, with a poster of L.E.A.F, the heroes Kernel Corn, Shadow, and Spudow all posing. I saw a red guitar to my left, Solar's guitar!

"Bonzai!!!" a solder zombie propelled himself through the window, he ran into the wall and fell on his back.

"Oh shoot."

He looked at me and aimed his gun at me.

Not gonna happen.

I shot at his gun and knocked it out of his hand.

"Goodbye loser!" I called as I grabbed Solar's guitar and headed out of the room. I walked into the living room, there was a room to my left and right, the front door was in front of me.

Two sounds of windows shattering set off in the house. I looked to my right, a purple can was rolling towards me in the room. The same was going on to my left. A soldier climbed through the window on each side. The soldier behind me stood up, he pulled a can off his chest and threw it at the doorway. All three cans started releasing a purple gas. This is what Zomboss must have released yesterday, super stinky gas.

I was forced to step to the center of the room. I saw a blue light shine through the gas and three missiles flew through, pushing the gas aside.

Holy crabapple.

I ran towards the door, two of the missiles collided and exploded, I could feel the heat on my back. One missile was coming right at me from behind, I slid just in time for it to pass over me. It hit the direct center of the front door, blowing a hole in the front of the house. I jumped through the hole, the sides were on fire. I could feel the warmth of the fresh cinders as I leaped over them.

Solar's not going to be happy about this.

I ran across the lawn, I'm being shot at. The rest of the soldiers were on top of the house, the sniper and two other soldiers. I'm under heavy fire.

I jump over the white fence and duck as I run along it to the left. The soldiers were still shooting at me, the fence behind me snapped due to the volleys of paintballs. They have some pretty powerful guns. The soldiers stopped shooting, they jumped off the roof and used their rockets to prevent ground damage.

The soldiers chase me, but I'm faster. I run down the street, they scream at me angrily.

Too slow. . . I can't believe I didn't get hit!

An hour later...

I finally made it back to the Grounds. I'm carrying Solar's guitar under my right arm. I hopped over the large fence and avoided the guards, I didn't see Kernel, he must have called it in for the night. I slide down my roof, landing quietly on the grass. I hop the wooden steps up to my bunk and quietly open my door and enter my room. I turn my light on and look at Solar's guitar. It was hit by some of the paintballs, it had yellow paint splatter and a few holes where the sniper may have shot it. I'm fine but this guitar has seen better days...

I'll give Solar her guitar back tomorrow, I'll clean the paint off, that's the least I can do. I don't know how to fix something like this, I was only in workshop class for a year during the 8 years I was in school.

Plants go to school for 8 years and then graduate and do as they please. Humans go to school for 12 years, that's pretty sad. If I was still in school I would be a junior, 16 wonderful years of life. I've been working at the Pod Office for 3 years, it's not a bad job in my opinion, you get your exercise. My birthday is in April, it's only February. Almost Spring, it's been warm lately so that's nice.

I set Solar's guitar on my desk. I'll fix it up as much as I can, Ducktato Tape only fixes so much. I'll give it to her tomorrow night, I need some rest, I should be sleeping right now but...nah, I've been doin stuff. A screen showed up after I set down Solar's guitar:

You've found a new piece of equipment, would you like to name it?

Yes

Insert Name

Solar's Guitar

Would you like to repair Solar's Guitar?

What?! I can repair gear here?! I guess I didn't need to take workshop, as long as I have this desk. I can write a story about this, I'll call it, White and the Magic desk. Eh, maybe not.

Yes

Repair for 100 Silver Coins

I have 1,000 silver coins saved from work, this better be worth it.

Repair

-100 Silver Coins

The guitar lifts starts to float a foot off the desk, it starts glowing white. Oh no, it's like a horror movie, I've summoned a demon. The guitar is white and then it shines and fades. The guitar floats back down to the desk. I stare at it wide eyed. It's not just fixed, it's glowing with a new beauty.

She'll love it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.1K 79
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
166K 6K 91
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
183K 9.8K 44
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...