What Is A Pirate? Legolas x F...

By Bambi-Sempai

Y/n Blackblade. A name given to her because of the powerful sword she carries around, is one of the closest a... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
A/N

Chapter 24

1.9K 72 11
By Bambi-Sempai

"To the bridge of Khazad-Dûm!"

"This way!" yelled Gandalf while running ahead, the Fellowship close behind. Chasing after them, the Goblins were starting to swarm the halls like cockroaches climbing down the pillars, moving as a single mass flooding the hallways.

It didnt take long for the Goblins to surround them. Maybe thousands of them cornering them in the middle of the hall threatening them with swords and spears. They were talking to each other in a weired language. Their cackling and chittering was echoing of of the walls. They were breaking their heads trying to think of a way out. Winning  against all of them was sheer impossible, yet all still had their weapons clutched in their hands.

Though it didn't seem like they would have to fight as suddenly the Goblins started looking around alerted by a light that had appeared at the end of a hallway and a dark rumbling like growl that could be heard echoingg through the chambers. The panicked creatures started running of and climbing back up the columns.

Y/n turned her head to the slowly approaching light that shone threw the long row of columns.

"What is this new devilry?" she could hear Boromirs voice and she too wanted to know what new monster was closing in on them.

Never thought the day would come but I'm starting to miss Davy Jones and his stupid Kraken. I'd even take a siren attack over this ANY day.

Gandalf closed his eyes searching his mind for answers with furrowed brows.

"A Balrog ... a demon of the ancient world! This foe is beyond any of you!" he layed his hand on Frodos shoulder pushing him in the direction away from the light.

"Run! Quickly!" he yelled and they all fell into a sprint. They ran through a doorway and entered yet another narrow hallway. And while running past she heard Gandalf talk to Aragorn.

"Lead them on, Aragorn! The bridge is near." he yelled but Aragorn hesitated. "Do as I say; Swords are no more use here."

Y/n gazed at her own blade. If they continued like they were now, running and not fighting her blade would need a large amount of blood. But it had already been drawn a while and if she put it away now she'd surely be exaused and she needed all her energy to run, she would just have to overcome this later.

It will be fine...

Boromir was first, leading the group. But the path abruptly ended and turned into stairs making Boromir stumble. Luckily Legolas was close behind pulling him back to stand safely. Y/n was at the back of the group making sure Merry or Pippin didn't get lost. The group continued down the steep stairs. At first the slender steps snaked along the wall of the giant hole, giving some sense of safety as only onside let to a fall to certain death. But soon the stairs went down into the hole with no more added safety around them.

"Oh, Calypso. Did Dwalorin Ironhands have a personal vendetta against guardrails?!" she exclaimed after nearly slipping and falling for the second time. They continued down the stairs until there was a sudden gap. Somehow a piece of the stairs had fallen off so that there was a gaping whole that led down to certain death.

Boromir stopped the group by spreading out his arms, making sure no one accidentally fell. Legolas wasted not even a second jumping over. His eyes scanned the other group realizing that y/n was at the very back along with Aragorn. Though it pained him, he would have to focus on the others first. He extended his arm and nodded at Gandalf. Just then the omnious light, actually the being hiding inside, had reached the doorway they had entered trough. The rock around it splintered and fell with loud crashes. Quickly the elf got Gandalfs attention by calling his name. This time the wizard jumped and landed safely with the help of Legolas. Suddenly arrows started to hit the Roch in front of their feet. Y/n pushed Merry and Pippin closer to the front and to Boromir while Argagorn and Legoas shot at the hidden attackers with their bows. Falling Bodys indicating that they had hit their mark.

Y/n cut an arrow flying towards her and Frodo mid air making it drop to the ground. The hobbit stared at her with wide eyes. Next jumped Boromir with Merry and Pippin pulled close to his chest. And not a second to late as underneath their feet another part of the stairwell broke off, widening the dangerous gab. More arrows hit around them, luckily only from one side so Y/n pushed Frodo behind herself guarding him from the arrows.

It's a blessing that they have terrible aim.

Aragorn turned and yelled for Sam, gripping him by the back of his jacked and throwing him. The people on the other side cought him and pulled him to safety. Next Aragorn turned to Gimli who rose a defensive hand.

"Nobody tosses a dwarf!" he stated firmly before jumping of, barely reaching the other side. His feet grazed the destination but he started to fall back. Instantly Legolas reached for him catching his beard.

"Not the beard!" he bellowed but was pulled up either way. Y/n would have laughed if the situation wasn't so dire.

Now Legolas called her name.

"Y/n! Jump!"

Juts as she tried to take a step forward the ground beneath her feet cracked and another piece fell of. She jumped back, saving herself. After thinking for half a second she took a few more steps back to get a running start into this jump. Flying through the air felt like an eternity before she felt hands gripping at her shoulders and arms. It was Legolas and Boromir who pulled her to the other side that she would not have reached otherwise.

The only ones left were Aragorn and Frodo. Another piece of the stairs crumbled widening the already impossible gap even more. Aragorn only just managed to pull Frodo to safety. More giant rocks fell from the walls as the beast kept approaching. One of the pieces hit the stairs behind them completely cornering them. Aragorn held Frodo close to himself as the platform they were staying on was swaying from side to side. It reminded her of small boats in the sea on which you always had to keep an equal balance or you would topple over.

Topple over.

"Come closer to the edge!" she yelled and met Aragorns eyes, she saw the fear and worry in them. He hesitated shortly and furrowed his brows but when the platform shook again he understood what she was thinking. He nodded to himself.

"Move forward!" he assured Frodo and as they did the stairs started to fall in the direction of the rest of the fellowship. And just as the two parts crashed together the two jumped over into the awaiting arms of their companions.

Immediately they continued running down the rest of the stairs while the falling piece crumbled completely.

Finally they reached another hall, this one was encased by fire. Gandalf stopped while ushering the rest to continue running.

"Over the bridge! Fly!"

For just a second she looked over her shoulder to see Gandalf but the wizard wasn't the only thing she saw. A horned beast rose from the flames, its skin black like the stones of the mine with cracks of fire painting its skin with vains. It opened the chasm that was its mouth revieling the flames inside. Oh, how she yearned for a battle with a Kraken or a monster shark right now. The beasts of middle earth were sure to give her nightmares.

They ran towards a slender bridge. For a second she feared a repeat of the stairway but this time they made it across safely. However the Balrock was close on their tail. Gandalf had remained in the middle of the bridge blocking the path as best as an old man could block the path of an enormous beast.

"You cannot pass!" he bellowed his voice jumping of the walls.

Frodo desperatly called the wizards name as the Balrock streightened out and flames engrossed its body.

"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn." he chanted in a demanding tone raising his staff that had started to glow in a bright blueish colour.

The bright light started to surround the wizard while the Monster let its weapon crash down onto him. Its fiery sword burst into pieces of molten rock and it had to step back a bit before it let out an angry scream that must have come straight from the depths of hell.

"Go back to the Shadow!" he demanded but the Balrock took a step forward making the narrow bridge emmit a dangerous cracking noise. The Beast then cracked a large fiery whip that cut trough the dark mines atmosphere. The temperature of the room they were in rose and y/n could feel her cheeks burning painfully.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

he screamed ramming his staff down onto the bridge another bright flash errupting. The Beast now angered charged at him but beneath its feet the bridge crumbled and the Balrog fell into the abyss below. It seemed to be over and the wizard turned to leave.

But another crack of the firewhip could be heard as it slung around Gandalfs leg pulling him down. The old man could barely hold on to the ragged edge of the destroyed bridge.

Frodo tried to run forward but got held back by Boromir.

"Gandalf!!"

Gandalf who was hardly holding on to the rock looked up giving one last glance at the Fellowship.

"Fly, you fools."

And then he fell.

~~~^~~^~~~^~~~^^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~

I found WiFi!! It's really bad but I hope it will work!

You know because of other fanfiction I had almost started to dislike Boromir but looking at the source material... HES SUCH A GOOD GUY!!!!!! ;(((

~1698 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 24.4K 81
"๐‘‚๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘…๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘š ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™. ๐‘ฉ๐’–๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’“๐’†." Daeriel knew that fate could be cruel. After all, she was o...
214K 6.2K 45
Sapphire is an orphan elleth whom was brought up by dwarves in the Mines of Moria. Now she wanders the wilderness of Middle-Earth as one of the most...
288K 8.2K 31
You are living the good life as a she-elf in Rivendell when Aragorn comes to visit. You assume it's to visit Arwen, your older sister. But then your...
10.2K 240 17
Aura Thranduilion As a young elf, you were different then most wood elves. Most people didn't care of it. You weren't aware of the curse you were bor...