King's Bunny ||TaeKook||

By BunTeaHunter

Thump! Thump! Thump! Goes a little bunny on its feet. Who would think that such a creature be acting bigger f... More

1//Thump!
2//Your Majesty
3//Arrow to the Knee
4//Well, hello there
5//Your name
6//Little Hopper
7//Who the hell?
8//Bunny v.s Kitty
9//This might be bad
10//Caught in a Lie
11//Mine
12//Forgiven
13//My ----
14//Bunny Trap
15//Loathing & Charms
16//His Protectors
17//Maddening Pleasure
18//Puzzled Feeling
19//Thumper
20//How it Started
21//두 남동생 = Validation
22//A Tiger's Epiphany
23//How are you?
24//It wasn't Tea
25//Black Cat = Unlucky?
27//The Ballroom Pt.1
28//The Ballroom Pt.2
29// The Ballroom END
30//Lucky to Laugh, to Love
31// Where Hearts; Connect
32// The King's Bunny

26//The Ballroom Prologue

2.7K 168 114
By BunTeaHunter

It is the day of the party and every staff within the castle are all frantically bustling in every corner, with utmost focus on making sure all is well and perfect with, even a speck of dust would put them in a panic spree.

As for the King's men, all are in their personal quarters to put on their attire and to fix their appearances. The party is more on the business matter rather than a night of fun. All the Kings and Queens, Prince and Princesses from different Kingdoms are attending. It's quite a rare occasion for every single royal hybrid to all be present in one place.

Then again, Kim Taehyung is a well sought after King due to being in such a high position of power at a young age. He's the same age as most Princes and Princesses, as well as the only son.

The reason behind was what made all Kingdoms want to be wedded by the white tiger. Truth be told, Taehyung had fought with his Father for the position. It baffled all the hybrids since what mostly happens is either the former King died in sickness and/or during battle or retired, forcing his only son to take his place.

What happens after is all based on rumors. Some say the former King left out of shame in being defeated by his own son, others say that he was kicked out, few even say he proudly gave up his position fair and square.

Taehyung will not confirm nor deny any of these rumors. He does not care to enlighten the citizens and only focus the now.

The white tiger saunter through the empty halls of the private area of the castle. He wants a moment of peace before dusk, the time where the guests arrive and the party starts.

The King is already dressed up for the upcoming event. Royals may be decked in all kinds of jewelry, Taehyung having some as well, but it was his elegance and beauty that could easily give him the spotlight. No jewelry or gold could outmatch his features.

His steps halted as he sees a figure by the many windows of the castle. Taehyung is unable to see their face with how their upper body is leaning outside, yet he is still unable to even identify the gender due to what they're wearing.

Especially when he knows two hybrids who would wear these types of clothing.

The dress may commonly indicate to those of a female, but in the King's eyes, clothing is not one to imply the gender of the hybrid. Although if they did wore more fitted clothes, it would be easier for him to guess with their proportions. However, the dress engulfs the entire body with no room to make assumptions.

Even a bushy squirrel tail can be easily hidden.

As the tiger comes closer, he noticed the hybrid to be doing some sort of weird motion outside the window. A few more steps in and his ears flattened in disapproval on what he could see from a distance.

And it seems this hybrid is throwing away either pastries or any type of loaf outside, possibly littering all over the flowers of the castle.

The mystery hybrid flinched when they heard the tiger's growl, without looking back, they went into a full on sprint down the hall.

Taehyung wasn't able to identify whether they're prey or predator because in a blink of an eye, they hid inside a room. With slow footsteps, the King menacingly went closer until he's infront of the door.

Once he turned the knob, the hybrid inside squeaked and hid.

Suddenly, the tiger's shoulders relaxed and his terrifying glare turned to something a little softer, almost fond.

There he sees the small hybrid hiding his face behind a basket. It wasn't really an effective hiding spot since you can clearly see his big cute bunny ears popping out from the basket.

Well... he's whole body as well, but let's pretend the little one is the master of hiding and practically invisible to the eye.

"Little hopper? Is that you?"

Jungkook was having an internal battle with himself if he should speak to his King or not, will his head get be beheaded if he does not acknowledge his majesty's presence or be punished with that annoying, yet charming smirk?

"Jungkook... cannot answer his King's calls at the moment"

Taehyung's fondness towards the little one only grew due to how adorable he is being right now.

"It's alright, I got the confirmation I needed that it is my Bunny who I am speaking to"

He heard Jungkook curse to himself and tried not to let out a sound of laughter to save his bunny from the embarrassment he'll feel if he does.

"If I may ask, will my Bunny enlighten his King's curiosity for a bit?"

"...." Jungkook hesitated, but he's basically trapped in this room and the only exit is being blocked by the older.

"I will do my best to provide the answers you want to hear, my King"

"Before I could, will little hopper remove the basket so he and I could speak face-to-face?"

"......." The younger already got caught red-handed, so it would be a bit ridiculous to keep hiding his face behind a plate.

"I'm afraid I will not cooperate with this certain order for my King"

"But I miss seeing your face, would you please show yourself and let the King be blessed with your beauty?"

"............" His majesty did not show any mercy when attacking the poor bunny's heart with his endearing charms.

As much as how Jungkook wanted to hide even more behind the basket to not show his cherry colored cheeks, he is unable to disobey the King and finally puts down the weaved item.

"Beautiful"

"What is that my King is so curious about and I am able to provide?" The tiger smirked at how Jungkook was obviously trying to change the topic.

He decided to not be a little tease and asked away.

"What were you doing by the window? I was a bit shock to see you throwing away  food like that"

Jungkook's ears twitched, listening thoroughly, but soon perked in high alert and panicked a bit with where the older's mind went.

"It's not what you're thinking, my King!" The bunny frantically waved his arms, denying the assumption of his King "I was simply giving some pastries to the kids"

"The kids?"

"They shared their exhaustion to me with preparing for the party and I wanted to atleast give them some needed fuel in their body"

Except for Soobin, those little rascals were supposed to be on their duties, not whine to his Consort to be given his attention as well as be spoiled with goods since Jungkook is more merciful than him.

And shouldn't his brother be guided by their personal maids to properly dress him up for the party?

As if his mind was read, Jungkook chuckled and stepped in front of the tiger. The older immediately gave his attention to the bunny, his ears all perked up and ready to listen to his every word.

The younger definitely did not feel his heart skip a beat at the subtle actions.

"Do not worry, my King. Gyu is all clad with pretty garments and looking as handsome as ever"

"For some odd reason, I did not like the sound of that..."

A giggle was heard from the bunny.

"Can't a Consort compliment his King's little brother?"

"This King's little brother should be out and about with his royal duties and to not be given attention to the Consort- Don't roll your eyes at me, it's disrespectful"

Jungkook was close to repeating the action again just to spite the older, but instead he raised his hands to hold onto the tiger's forearms and rest his chin on his shoulder.

The sudden contact made Taehyung freeze in place as he feels the warmth radiating off of his bunny. Yes, the younger may be playful and loves to tease the King, but the action is more intimate rather than a little bully.

"What to do with a jealous tiger.." Jungkook murmured, but due to their close proximity, the King heard him clearly and he protested.

"It is due to the fact that you seem to love the danger of sticking your head in a tiger's den"

"Oh, you'd be surprised that it's not the case, my King"

Taehyung let out a questioning noise, making the younger chuckle and lean his body back to properly look at his King's dark orbs.

Before he says a word, Jungkook reached out to gently caress the soft skin on the tiger's cheek with the back of his fingers. He watches the King's eyes widen a little, but soon relaxed in his touch.

The bunny leaned forward, mere inches away that they both could feel their breaths on their skin. He whispered almost sensually.

"I wasn't there for the danger... I already knew I could tame the tiger in his place" both of his hands now cupping the older's face, his stare instinctively lowered to look at his lips "I may be a bunny.. but I could easily take you down.."

Taehyung's spine shivered at the words being said, the younger's voice deepened as he comes closer to whisper in his reddening ears.

"Especially when I know you would willingly allow me to.. my King"

The teasing smirk on the bunny morphed into a surprise squeak as he felt the King's hands wrapped around his waist to pull their bodies closer. However, what made him let out the sound is how he felt lips on his sensitive neck.

A peck.

Jungkook was ready to explode right then and there.

"T-Ta.. Tae- My-.. King-"

"I want to scent you so badly it physically hurts"

The strain in the older's voice was evident which made Jungkook worry. He has no idea on how a tiger's behavior work, but he could tell scenting is one of the most important action between partners.

But physically hurt? How can it hurt?

What ever is going on with his King, he will make sure his plan today goes well. Once he accomplished his goal then both will have no need to hold back.

The said plan isn't all that grand.. just him speaking out his mind.

Thinking about it made the bunny sigh, letting his chin rest onto the tiger and nuzzle for comfort.

... confessing is hard..

•••••••-•••••-•••••••

Orders were being delivered in the kitchen, non-stop. Chefs were being judged and their food tested for flavor by their higher up, making their backs sweating bullets.

"Are you certain these wines have been bought by our usual supplier, the mouse hybrid?"

"Y-Yes, Councilor sir"

"Good, be sure to stack all the wine glasses into a mountain as we always do. Make sure Namjoon doesn't get close to it"

The hamster is in charge of double checking for any casualties and mistakes that goes around the kitchen. His tone stern and face held no playfulness, not even a hint of smile is placed on the Councilor's lips.

Others may say that he is being an absolute professional in taking the role and job seriously, taking no excuse of any mistakes and those who did end up making a mess will receive severe punishment.

Fortunately, that wasn't the case, it was due to him being in the kitchen itself. Jin is all ready for the party, his suit all polished and ironed to perfection just like his features.

Yet, what made him held no emotion, is the smell of cooked food wafting the kitchen in all areas.

Whoever enters the kitchen, the smell will latch onto you like some disgusting leech and the only way to get rid of it is to change attire.

But this is his /favorite/ suit!

"I will rip off every strand of my hair and force Taehyung to watch every single moment of it"

"Was that supposed to threaten him?"

Jin aggressively turns his body to the hybrid next to him, who only stared off in a rather bored posture, seeming to rather go to a battlefield than accompany the older in kitchen duty.

"Why wouldn't it be a threat? Such beauty being destroyed by the beauty himself! It's a tragic story"

"I'd be more amused than threatened"

"You keep your mouth shut or I will personally throw you in a lake, General"

The black cat's suit may seem simple at first glance, but his chest is protected with an armor with an engraving of a certain tiger animal. Both his front and back are well covered for any upcoming attacks in the ballroom. His sword lies comfortably on the side of his hip whilst as his shield is strapped to his back.

A leathered strap hugged his entire waist and holds the other armor plating to protect his thighs. It also contains other weaponry such as a dagger and a bowie knife.

Yoongi rolled his eyes at the pouty hamster, his back resting on the edge of a wooden table as the hamster continues to spout more orders to the kitchen staffs. Truthfully, the cat was dragged forcefully by the older, who needed his "cooking skills" in determining the tastes of their dishes for the guests.

Something tells him that the Councilor wanted to drag someone with them to not be the only one smelling like cooked meat. He became the chosen target.

"You could've rejected Tae's request to monitor the kitchen, you know? Why accept it?"

"It's his second ballroom party! As much as I'm confident in our chefs' capabilities, I still want to be sure everything goes perfectly"

"Just say you're worried about today's event"

When the words registered Jin bit down his lips, clearly been read by the cat. Yoongi is the only hybrid who could easily tell the emotions going through his mind and always ready to confront him without hesitation.

That's when the hamster's shoulders slumped down and he finally let out a tired sigh. The older didn't stare back at the piercing, yet calm gaze from the hybrid next to him.

"It's just.. what if today's worse than the first?" He raised his head to look out the kitchen, letting his eyes go through the bustling hybrids "They will arrive at the party again... Hyuka said so..."

Yoongi scanned the hamster's face before he responds, voice soft and comforting.

"Then I'll be there to repeat the punishment.. maybe this time with no mercy"

"But what if.."

Seeming to have heard enough, he twist his body to properly stare at the worried older. He grabbed his attention by placing his hand on the other's back, instantly getting the eye contact he needed.

".. the only thing I could say is that today's party is far different than the first"

"How so?"

"Well..." the black cat moved his hand to put them on top of the older's, giving it a reassuring squeeze "We now know what to do.. we have experience.. this time we're prepared"

Jin watched their hands joined together, it felt nice to have the cat initiate the contact, usually the two rarely touch each other like this. He smiled down and removed his hand away only to grab hold of the other.

"You know, you're worried too. I can tell"

A sigh.

"You always do. Both you and Jimin can be quite annoying due to it"

"Don't change the subject, Yoongi"

Since the younger couldn't make an escape due to his hand being held captive, he had no choice, but to let the hamster say what ever he wants to say and he must take it to heart.

So he leaned his head back to stare at the ceiling, ready to lend his ears and mind to the hybrid he respects and looked up to the most.

His only hyung.

"I know you regretted letting them go. You want to spill blood and end that bastard's life"

The General huffed out a smile at that.

"See? Sadly, no one was there to command you to.. the rules are unfair at times and you were close to breaking it" his eyes slowly shut themselves, all his senses could only focus on the older "That first.. I could only hope that it was our only worst experience. That time.. the King, no one stood beside him"

".... but now?"

"But now... there is.. and you're right that today will be different"

Yoongi could feel a smile slowly come up on his hyung's face, a contagious one at that since he now has one as well. He brought his head down so both could stare at each other, smiles now matching.

"The King isn't alone anymore.."

The two were accompanied by silence, it was only a few seconds that the cat immediately broke it.

"...... that's really cheesy, you know, hyung?"

Jin clicked his tongue in annoyance, the moment already being ruined due to the fact this annoying feline is unable to handle such lovely times without breaking a sweat. Luckily , he understands the other and his time to break the ice.

"Not as cheesy as us holding hands like we're in some romantic comedy movie" he ripped off his hand away, causing the younger to chuckle at his dramatic self "The only thing missing is your lover barging in and demand an explanation... this time he's holding a knife"

"Jiminie would mostly be cooing at the scene rather than kill... plus.. you're too focused on a certain koala bear"

"Who? Joon?"

With the reminder of Namjoon, the hamster went back to being a concerned hybrid. Today's event will also be filled with nerves on the poor Treasurer, and it's not due to it being his first ever party in the castle.

"I cannot help, but worry about him today"

"I know what you mean, but he'll be fine, I'm sure of it"

•••••••-•••••-•••••••

"I am going to die"

"No you won't"

"You don't know that!"

The bunny could only watch and stare at his hyung, who is currently hyperventilating over miniscule things.... like being the representative and spokesperson for the Kingdom.

"What if I accidentally create a war?"

He could understand where the koala is going, but Jungkook cannot take the older seriously with how he over exaggerates the "possible" scenarios that might come after he fumbled his words.

If the bunny were to be honest, he would straight up laugh at his hyung's state, but since he is a good friend the support is a must. Plus, Joon looks real good even when he's a complete mess at the moment.

Jungkook would drool if he wasn't a Consort.

Instead he scoffed at the koala.

"By what? Telling them about the Fibonacci sequence using a leaf?"

"Aww, you remembered that?"

Tables have turned when the bunny is usually the one being put down, but instead it's the one with higher IQ. Jungkook should praise the patience and tolerance with the older when dealing with the two bunnies specifically.

It went to a point where it makes sense that Namjoon should be the one to be the mind and not Jungkook, because now the latter is considering using his fist to knock some senses into the koala bear. Sadly for him, he was stopped by a younger bunny.

"Let's not give Joon hyung a bruise before the speech or else.. he'll only panic even more"

"What about if I knock him to unconscious?"

"We'll never know when he wakes up"

The older bunny clicked his tongue at the logic, but lets the koala be. Instead, he focused on his brother's attire for today's party given by his King. He must say that he felt jealous over the headpiece.

"I'm the one who's close to the position to the King, yet I was not provided with a cool crown like yours"

"You have no right to be jealous over my head piece when you're the one who has the King as their husband"

The title made Jungkook's cheeks puff in a shade of red. He may acknowledge the fact that his role is to be the King's Consort and.. may be the wife as well, but he is still in need to adjust that Taehyung is /his/ husband. He sputtered at that.

"W-What- What does that have to do with anything?!"

Namjoon seemed to have forgotten his predicament and decided to be the annoyance of the bunny's life.

"Oh! I may not be at the first party his Majesty hosted, but I do remember he was bombarded with the Royals for his hand in marriage"

Oh no.. must I face that terrible scenario today?

Before he could ponder on how to prevent such an ugly sight with violence, a booming voice startled the three hybrids. It does not take a genius to piece together who the owner of the voice is, specifically when it's someone with a heart as their mouth.

They all turned to greet and the bunny couldn't deny his look of wonderment at the squirrel's look.

"Jungkookie! Joonie! Soobinie!"

"You seem to be ready to get slashed by yours truly, hyung" Jungkook teased, to which the squirrel responded with glee.

"And I would gladly let you!"

Hoseok's whole look is different from what he's seen, it was due to their uses. It makes sense that the roles which includes combat and hands on field to be decked with protective materials on their body. It may be a party to create alliances and form a bond, but other guests might have different ideas in mind.

The Consort scanned the squirrel's attire to check for any hidden weapons and it seemed he wasn't so subtle as Hoseok opens some little compartments attached to his clothes.

"I have all kinds of weapons inside, even in my boots and gloves"

It was only the two bunnies who stared in awe as they watch the Royal Assassin show off all the tiny sharp weaponry hidden in every nook and cranny.

"As much as I would love to see Hoseok hyung stripping down, it's almost dusk"

"Oh, you're right! You're a part of the opening ceremony and your presence is needed as the spokesperson"

"..........."

It's as if Namjoon has been reminded of his dreaded speech, the two bunnies sighed as they watch him gradually start to panic and sweat profusely.

The squirrel didn't seem to notice the change in the koala or might've chose to ignore it as he took hold onto each of the brothers' hands to guide them to the ballroom with a smile.

"Goodluck, Joon! I personally told his Majesty that I'll be the one in charge of looking after the bunnies during the party!"

So they all left the koala alone, not before Jungkook took one last glance and was able to see the koala's soul leaving his body. You can't blame him for worrying for his hyung, but as well as laughing at him.

"That wasn't so nice of you, Hobi hyung"

They stopped at the throne room where the guest will soon arrive and enter through the castle. Jungkook raised a brow at the squirrel, who only tilt his head, trying to seem innocent.

"What ever do you mean, Jungkookie?"

The bunny was ready expose the older's not so subtle teasing towards the Treasurer, but a different voice joins them. Jungkook smiled when seeing the Butler walking towards them, footsteps were so light they could hardly be heard, but his thorns gave him away.

"Hyuka, you look lovely"

"Funny, I was supposed to say that towards you, Thumper hyung" They both giggled at that, the deer turned towards the other two hybrids present with a bow "And you both look amazing in your attire"

"How were the pastries by the way? I hope my King didn't punish you severely.."

It was true that the bunny did 'secretly' try to give some pastries to the exhausted young hybrids while they organize the party, but the King was right about him basically flinging the food out the window.

Yeonjun explained that it will give them the needed exercises as they try to catch the bread with their mouths, which was honestly a ridiculous sight to see as a passerby, he felt like a zookeeper feeding the animals. Jungkook did not have the heart to question if they were truly exhausted to begin with.

As with /during/ pastry throwing... let's just say the deer changed his perspective and he applauds for his determination.

"His Majesty would never, although a scolding here and there from Jin hyung is unescapable" The deer then gave him two thumbs up "Also the pastries taste magnificent"

"Honestly, who and what exactly are you?"

"I am Heuning Kai, the King's personal Butler and a deer hybrid"

The bunny could never understand this mysterious hybrid even with his heightened senses. It's best to not ever make an enemy out of him or at least make him upset. It will not be pleasant.

The four now fall into silence as they watch the staffs do the finishing touches before finally starting the party. Jungkook looked out the window to see the sun beginning to disappear from the mountains, in a few minutes, the event will begin.

But before he could ready himself, a certain fox walked out from the halls and noticed the hybrids.

"So that's where the bunnies went to"

They all smiled at one another as the Spy Master walks towards them. It was Soobin who greeted him first.

"Where you looking for us? I thought you should be with the other hyungs"

"Nope, the higher roles should be present by the his Majesty's side for the opening ceremony"

Which means The Councilor, General and Prince should be with Taehyung, with the added spokesperson as well. The thought of Joon hyung made Jungkook grow a bit concern.

"I was ordered by his Majesty to stand guard by the entrance while Hyuka greets the guests, never know what might happen to our Butler"

The said Butler replied with a monotone voice.

"I could use my horns to gouge out their eyes"

"And it's exactly why I'm needed here"

The deer only stared down at the annoying grinning fox before turning his head away with an annoyed huff.

Jungkook sees Yeonjun attempting to tease the Butler further by pulling him into a hug, but was stopped by a bunch of horns into his direction. He chuckled at how the fox easily surrendered and slowly backed away from the pissed youngest.

"Scared of a deer?"

"Deers have knives growing out of their heads, how can you not be terrified?"

They all fall into laughter at their interaction, but soon the sound of trumpets echoed through the gardens which lead to a path towards the entrance of the castle. Soon to be accompanied with hooves scraping the ground, wheels coming to a halt.

Yeonjun and Hyuka straightened up their back, the latter already plastering a welcome smile while the former does the opposite.

Hoseok could see the two bunnies stare at the door almost frantically, having no knowledge on how to act around Royals and absentmindedly making sure to their appearance is proper to the eye.

Since he appointed himself as the one in charge in guiding them, he gestured the brothers to stand beside the Butler whilst he's with the Spy Master.

"Just smile and bow, you two. Show some hospitality, but there is no need to impress"

The trio smiled at the nodding bunnies.

"We'll be right beside you.. worry not"

Reassurance was present in the three's eyes and Jungkook felt gratitude towards their sincere kindness and treatment to both of them. He glanced at Soobin dusting off some imaginary dirt on his suit, clearly nervous.

However, something stirs in the older bunny's stomach. His body felt restless and cannot seem to calm itself down, it could only mean one thing and he wishes this is just his nerves and not his intuition speaking to him.

A warning.

Something tells Jungkook this party will not end in wine and bread.

This might be a disaster...

*******•*****•*******
Author-nim:

This is only the start of the ballroom event and this will be intense, I could only hope I did well on the upcoming messy scene that will soon take place in the next chapters. Thought really hard about how this should play out and I do hope I can manage to execute it well.

Been a while. Only excuse is just.. having fun in my personal life? Writing is a way to entertain myself and I guess I was just having a good time out of it. Fine, I'll say I got distracted! 💜

Thank you all for reading! 💛

CREDITS:
Dress: Vista Thomas//Pinterest

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.4K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
141K 4.3K 47
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
336K 19.4K 73
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
681K 41.9K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...