Vigilante, Not Villain (Under...

By coolbeans1502

Izuku Midoriya has had a tough childhood. His mother abuses him, his father left when he was a baby, his chil... More

The Rise of Tsuki
Bottled Up
Ambush
Explanations
The Past Catches Up
Yeah, I'm a Badass
Common Ground
The Number Two Hero
Running
Home?
Making a Move
Drive
The Battle Continues...
The Future of One For All

There Will be Blood

1.8K 58 39
By coolbeans1502

Midoriya's POV

A week later, the Purple Revolution contacts us with a plan. We are going to infiltrate the base, apprehend as many criminals as possible, and collect as much incriminating evidence needed to take them down for good. All of their hideouts will be raided, their locations known because of my research, and we will assemble a force of heroes assigned to deal with each individual League member. It should go down without a hitch.

Well, that's the Agency's plan. I have my own. One that might destroy my hero career before it even begins.

Shigaraki will pay for what he's done, I'll make sure of it.

The heroes are to gather at the Purple Revolution Agency before the battle. Aizawa, Yamada, and I are in that big-ass conference room once again. Among us are All Might, Hawks, and Midnight. We are each assigned a League Member to go after. The plan relies heavily on the base only being occupied by the six members reported to live there. If not, well, we'll just have to be flexible.

The current arrangement is:
All Might vs. Shigaraki
Eraserhead vs. Kurogiri
Present Mic vs. Spinner
Hawks vs. Dabi
Midnight vs. Mustard
Tsuki vs. Toga

As you can guess, I am not too happy with how the agency planned things. Some of the pairings are completely stupid! Not to mention that Toga has beaten me in a fight a few more times than I care to admit! I am about to speak on my disapproval when His Highness dismisses us to get ready. 

The agency is severely underestimating the LoV. One hero per villain leaves our chances lower than I'd like them to be. If only one hero falls, the villains will gain the upper hand. That's why I have made my own preparations. None of the heroes will like it, but what choice do we have?

I opened my phone and sent out a message: It's go time.

Todoroki's POV

I have been standing by my door, waiting for Midoriya's message all day. With my father gone, I am no longer forced into intense training sessions every day. I still train, but it's less often and much more relaxed without my father screaming at me the whole time. But, due to the lack of exhausting training, I am left with nothing to do. It has become commonplace for me to stare off into space for hours on end. It's become quite the problem. So, when Midoriya texted me, asking if I was up for a mission, I happily agreed. 

I hear my phone ding in my pocket. "It's go time."

I take a deep breath and head out toward the address of the LoV's base.

Bakugou's POV

That dumb nerd avoids me for weeks and then asks if I want to risk my life taking down a bunch of worthless villains!! He's such a brat! You know what he said to me? He said, "I noticed you're getting a bit out of practice with fighting. How about you get some actual training in and help me and a few other people take down the League? It'll be dangerous, though, so I don't know if you'd be up for it."

The hell was I supposed to say to that!? Of course, I agreed. I don't want him thinking that I'm scared, because I'm not!

I grit my teeth when I hear my phone buzz. "It's go time."

Midoriya's POV

The heroes and I arrive at the base. It's an old bar in the poorest part of the city. There is a construction site next door and a dense forest a little way off behind the building. It's the perfect battleground.

The group of heroes assemble at the front door of the structure. 

Hawks knocks and yells, "Hello? I got a pizza delivery here."

All Might doesn't waste any time and smashes down the door, splinters of it flying everywhere. Not what I would've done, but there's no time to think about that.

As soon as the debris starts to clear, each hero has spotted their target. Suddenly, the room fills with a sour smell, one that is starting to choke the life out of everyone inside.

"Mustard, you idiot! That smell is going to take forever to get out of the upholstery!" Shigaraki screams. "Kurogiri, Gate!"

I hear a hushed, "Sorry," from Mustard and Kurogiri's Warpgate swallows us all. 

Suddenly, everyone is outside. 

Everyone we thought would be here, is here. However, in addition to them, All for One has made an appearance.

Well, shit.

All Might, the big dumbass he is, charges right at All for One, plan be damned. All for One catches the punch and a monumental gale of wind hurtles around us. The heroes and villains disperse, finding new locations to fight, out of the way of their respective leaders. 

I see the heroes around me shoot off in different locations, but my eyes are locked on Shigaraki. He makes a break for the nearby forest. I'll be damned if I let him get that far. I dig my toes into the ground with every step, propelling myself after him. Almost there! I'm so close I can just-

"TAKE THIS, YOU LOUSY VILLAIN!!!"

Present Mic lets out the loudest yell I have ever heard. More wind rushes around me than All Might's punch!

My feet leave the ground with the sudden force from behind me. With this push, I latch onto Shigaraki's shirt, and we tumble into a heap of limbs and hands, lots of hands. 

I quickly scramble away from his reach so he can't disintegrate me. I've had an idea of how to defeat him for a long time. Now I finally have the chance to try it out!

We stand, facing each other.

"What are you going to do, hero?" Shigaraki sneers.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Shiggy? I AM NOT A HERO!" 

I grit my teeth. No one will let me be a hero after what I do today.

"Oh, right. You're a vigilante. How noble of you. Not getting paid for all your hard work. Although, you are just a kid. Isn't that right, Midoriya?" Shigaraki smiles, the corners only just visible behind the hand on his face. 

"Ya know that hands are the dirtiest part of the body, right? Who knows how many nasty diseases you've contracted with those dirty-ass hands covering you all the time!"

"Always the smart-ass. You know your life could have been so much easier if you worked for me!"

"There's no way in hell I would work for you! You've killed so many innocent people! So many kids! How could I ever work for someone like that!?"

"Ugh, you're still mad about the kids!? You got in my way! It was payback! Now we're even!"

"Even!? You're crazy! And you're going to pay for taking their lives!"

I am fed up with his words. He wants to get in my head. I won't let him. I'm going to kill him. He's not going to hurt anyone else!

There will be blood.

Midnight's POV

This little boy thinks he can outgas me? Well, we'll see about that!

I close the distance between me and Mustard. His quirk lets him emit a sleep-inducing gas not quite as powerful as mine. But he is not immune to his quirk like I am. Due to my near immunity to toxic gases, I should be able to close the distance between us easily. However, the kid possesses a handgun.

Lucky for me, he isn't the only one with some toys.

I take out my bullwhip from its secret hiding place and snap it out to the side.

"It's no use fighting, darling! Submit now or prepare to face extreme punishment!"

"We'll see about that!" a voice says from the smog. 

Immediately after, two gunshots ring out. I feel one whizz right next to my ear and the other skims my upper arm, leaving a rip in my costume and a fresh streak of blood.

Ugh, the pain is intoxicating! I let it fuel my adrenaline and close some of the distance between me and my opponent. With my good arm, I crack my whip, and Mustard's revolver is on the ground.

"Dammit!" he shouts. 

I release a large amount of sleeping gas and charge at him. Through his flailing arms, I manage to barely grasp the front of his gas mask and yank it off. Mustard passes out in a heap.

I look down at the young boy before me. He had such potential to become a great hero. No doubt he faced the same pressures as I did when I was younger; everyone telling him that he had no chance of becoming a hero with that kind of quirk. If only we'd got to him before he went down this dark path.

I pick him up and head over to one of the ambulances we have on standby. He should be fine, but I just want to make sure. Maybe it's because of his quirk, but I feel for the kid. I shudder at the thought that this is where I might have ended up if I made a few different choices.

Aizawa's POV

I saw Midoriya run after Shigaraki when All Might abandoned his position. That damn kid is going to get himself killed! Someone without a quirk isn't suited to fight someone who can disintegrate anything he touches. If I can just get over there, maybe I can cancel his powers long enough for Midoriya to get the drop on him.

But for that, I got to take down this damn Kurogiri! All Might may feel like he's above the plan, but I'm not. I just hope Midoriya can handle himself for now.

It would seem my husband has the same idea as he is by my side in an instant, having easily incapacitated the ninja turtle.

Hizashi gives me a look and I quickly cover my ears.

"TAKE THIS YOU LOUSY VILLAIN!!!" he screams.

The ground trembles from the force of Hizashi's quirk. The wind from his scream is so strong it rivals All Might's power. But Kurogiri doesn't seem affected by it. His fog only seems to blow in the wind. It kind of reminds me of... No. That's not possible.

I shake my head of intrusive thoughts and take a closer look at the villain in front of me. I know he has a physical body somewhere underneath the fog. That means I should be able to use my quirk.

My hair floats out of my face as I stare down the villain in front of me. The fog slowly dissipates and what is left before me is a familiar face.

"Oboro?"

All Might's POV

I can't believe All for One caught my smash! I must really be getting weaker. I need to find a successor before it's too late!

"Have you come to kill me a second time, All Might?" All for One jeers.

"I won't repeat the mistakes I made five years ago, and I will make sure you are locked up for the rest of your sad life along with your despicable League of Villains!"

I have grown much since the last time we fought. My body might have become weaker, but my mind has become clearer. I now know what I have to do, and I am determined to make it happen!

I charge at him with all my strength. But suddenly, I am being propelled backward! The nearby buildings crumble around me as I am thrown into them. My ears are pounding but I am able to make out All For One's voice.

"Air Cannon causes spring-like limbs. What a delightful combination!"

Having wounded my pride by being tossed away so easily, I gain momentum running back towards All For One.

"You're mine!!" I shout and attempt another smash.

But he catches it again! The air flows around us in a hurricane. He drags me through the dirt, the air still whipping around us. I manage to stand back up again, struggling to still my shaking knees. 

This is my fight from five years ago. I have to finish what I started. 

"DETROIT SMASH!!!" I throw all my strength into that punch. Once again, my fist is caught in All For One's grasp.

"You always toy with people like that! Take advantage of them and control them! Scoffing irrationally at the people just trying to save their lives! I cannot forgive that!"

I go over my limit, using every ounce of my power and finally land a smash on All For One. 

"United States... SMASH!!!" 

He falls limp on the ground, his life-support mask he acquired after our last fight crumbled to bits. 

I have won.

Hawks' POV

As soon as we are transported outside, Dabi rushes up to me.

"How could you!? You traitor!" He launches a blue fireball right at me.

"Did you honestly think I would become a villain!? I'm the number thr- two- I dunno anymore- hero!"

"Don't pretend like you're such a noble hero! We both know you don't really enjoy it. You were forced into becoming a hero. Don't you want to be free? To live how you want and not based on others' expectations!?"

"And what? Become like you? I know who you really are! You're just scared. You're scared that your family won't take you back. Don't pretend like you didn't want to be a hero, too! You were going to follow your father's path and make him proud. But when he didn't accept you, you ran away! I'm not going to run away from my problems! I'm nothing like you!"

Dabi looked taken aback. In all the time we spent together when I was undercover, he never once told me about his past. His face shows disbelief and... betrayal? I do feel bad it ended this way. He never deserved the way he was treated, and now I'm rubbing it in his face.

"How did you find out?" he asks in a hushed tone.

I briefly panic.

"Quirk database," I lie. I actually found out from Midoriya, but I don't want to throw the kid under the bus.

"That's a lie. I know for sure I was wiped from there. There aren't many people alive who know about my past identity. So, I'll ask again. How do you know?"

Oh, fuck it.

"Tsuki, you dumbass."

"That fucking kid! That sonofabitch has been a pain in my ass for years! He's going to pay!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

873K 27.9K 33
At a young age Izuku Midoriya was pushed to the side. His mother left. His father either is never there, working or abuses him. Even his old best fri...
181K 9.8K 42
Fate can be very cruel. That was something Izuku knew far too well. Thanks to his wits, his mother sold him off to be a pawn to her one and only love...
2.8K 72 9
In a world full of quirks Izuku Midoriya is part of the 2 percent that don't have quirks, after being constantly bullied by his childhood " friend" M...
18.6K 924 13
Izuku Midoriya lives in a superpower society. Quirks are a must for a stable life and bright future. Quirkless people are shamed and treated like not...