Faded, But Never Lost - Mothe...

By RuVineet

|SLOW UPDATES| The journey of a mother - - who's taking care of her daughter. She comes across another young... More

|Epigraph|
|Chapter One : Prologue|
|Chapter Two : Meeting|
|Chapter Four: Conversations|

|Chapter Three: Thoughts|

20 2 43
By RuVineet

Vineet and Viren reach Viren’s home where Viren’s mom is waiting for them. Vineet is Viren’s friend, but he calls Jaya Ma and she also takes Vineet as her own son, just like Viren. She says she’s lucky to have three children around her. She asks them to freshen up and asks Bulbul to do the same. As the girl runs away to her room, Viren and Vineet settle on the couch.

“Vineet! Maine Ms Ruhana Mehra ko appoint kar liya hai. Mujhe lagta hai wo hamari bahut madad kar sakti hain.” Viren says.

“Her CV was very impressive.” Vineet says softly.

“Her aura was very impressive as well. She’s confident. Lekin shaayad haalaton se darti hain wo.” Viren says, remembering his conversation with Ruhana.

“Main mila tha unse. Unki beti bhi sweet hai. Usko sirf job ki hi zarurat nahi thi, uska nature bhi bahut acha hain. I hope our decision won’t go wrong.” Vineet says while looking at his buddy.

“Nahi. Ye faisla bilkul sahi hai. Na jaane kyun mujhe aisa lagta hain ki wo kuch dhundh rahi hain. Kuch aisa jo wo kho chuki hain lekin unhe pata hai ki wo shayad unhe mil sakta hai. Kuch adhura sa laga.” Viren says and his words leaves Vineet surprised.

“Tum ek meeting mein itna sab kuch samajh gaye?” Vineet says.

“Tumne unse thik se baat nahi ki hain na, isliye aisa keh rahe ho. Khud miloge toh tumhe bhi mehsus hoga.” Viren says with a light smile.

Meanwhile, his mother calls them for lunch and Bulbul also joins them at the lunch table. After a quick lunch, Viren and Vineet leave for meeting while Bulbul rushes to her room as she has an assignment to work on.

*****
Ruhana’s home

Ruhana and Ruhanika reach home. Ruhanika is chuckling. She is happy to meet Viren and Vineet, and she is continuously talking about them.

“Ruhi ne aaj 2-2 dost banaye.” the little girl chuckles.

“Achaa! Toh aapne mumma ko toh nahi milvaya unse.” Ruhana says as she sits on the bed.

“”Milvaya toh tha! Wo uncle jo mile they. Unhone mujhe slide karvaya.” Little Ruhanika speaks about Vineet.

“Aur aap jinse baat kar rahi thi na, unse bhi Ruhi ne baat kiya tha.” She says.

“Acha acha! Ruhi toh sabse intelligent hain. Isliye sabko jaanti hain. Hain na!” Ruhana rolls her eyes at her daughter.

“Haan! Ruhi bahut intelligent hain. Aur fil mumma tleat(treat) dengi na, aaj? Wo uncle ne aapko bulaya hai na kal offish mein?” She asks.

“Han! Aur mumma aur Ruhi party bhi karenge. Mumma noodles banayegi Ruhi ke liye.” Ruhana says.

Ruhanika chuckles and moves to her wardrobe to take out her clothes. Ruhana helps her in changing her clothes and then she also moves to freshen up. Little Ruhanika sits to watch television as it’s the time of her favourite program. Ruhana also heads to the kitchen to prepare noodles for her little one and herself.

This is how the mother and daughter treat themselves. Once in a while, Ruhana brings Ruhanika’s favourite things which the little girl demands. She never bugs her mother to get her something. She knows that her mother will get her everything but at the right time, surely.

Ruhana puts the noodles to boil. And also bakes a small cupcake for her daughter. She looks at Ruhanika through the kitchen window.

“Strawberry cake kaun khayega?” She asks.

“Mee! Ruhanika ko khana hain.” the little one chuckles at her mother’s voice.

“Fir mumma ki help karo.” Ruhana says.

“Mumma, 2 minutes.” Ruhanika says as her cartoon show is about to end.

Ruhana nods her head. She collects the ingredients while waiting for Ruhanika. The little girl comes running to her with a small strawberry in her hand. That’s nothing but a small-sized strawberry from the fruit basket. She gives it to her mother and starts whisking the batter. She chuckles while whisking while Ruhana cooks the noodles. She asks her mother to put vanilla essence in the batter.

Ruhana obliges and the mother daughter duo bake the cake together. Ruhanika looks at her mom.

“Mumma, ispe cherry lagao na.” The girl is ecstatic.

“Han beta, lagayenge. Jao, fridge mein se leke aao.” Ruhana says.

“Yay! Aaj maza aayega.” Ruhanika chuckles.

Ruhana smiles softly and later the mother-daughter relish their noodles and strawberry cake. Later, Ruhanika falls asleep in her mom’s arms.

On the other hand, Ruhana is lost in her thoughts. She's thinking about that someone whom she lost years ago.

Her daughter. Her first-born girl. The girl who was killed. Yet, Ruhana feels that it's not what she's thinking. She feels that the missing part of her soul is still alive and all she needs is to search it.

Ruhana sighs deeply and she looks at Ruhanika. Yes! They might not be two but three. And the other one would pamper the little girl more than Ruhana could. Life would have been different.
She falls asleep amidst all these thoughts.

*****
On the other hand, Bulbul is in her room. She suddenly feels a little uneasy. She feels as if someone close to her is upset. She drinks some water and then holds the chain in her neck.

It's a gold chain with a small pearl. Jaya has told her that it's her(Bulbul's) personal locket. The girl sighs, unable to decipher the mystery of her feelings. As she's lost in her thoughts, someone keeps their hand on her head. It's Jaya and Bulbul asks her a question, at which the lady turns silent, increasing Bulbul's curiosity.

To Be Continued.

Will Ruhana find her missing part?

Will Bulbul be able to decipher the mystery of her feelings?

Stay tuned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 55.6K 75
Alexander, James and Skye were triplets. They were stolen from their family at the age of 4. The family searched for them day and night never giving...
275K 17.7K 48
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
65.3K 3.4K 54
The Rajputs well known as the most powerful and devil's for the people who tries to messed up with them people got goosebumps just by listening to th...
390K 13.3K 53
Anhay Sharma:- Cold business tycoon who is only sweet for his family. He is handsome as hell but loves to stay away from love life. His female employ...