Unexpected

By Discov3r

It all started with a call, a call neither one of them will forget. It started with a kiss, a kiss neither on... More

Unexpected
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part A
Chapter 21 Part B
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Authors note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 14

47.9K 760 40
By Discov3r

I glance at Emery with a glare. 

“What do you mean you’re out of gas….” 

Emery gives me a cheeky smile. “We have to walk home?” I groan and throw my head back on the seat. 

“Do you know how bad this road is? Someone was murdered here last year,” I hiss. 

Emery looks at me with wide eyes. “How was I suppose to know this car was going to stop in a bad neighborhood!” 

“I don’t know? Maybe look to see if your gas is empty?!” I argue. 

Emery lifts an eyebrow. “We’re seriously going to yell now?” I nod. “then get out of the car and start walking!” Emery yells as he gets out of the car. I don’t move. I wasn’t going to move, if he seriously thinks I’m going to get out of this car and start walking down a neighborhood where someone was murdered then he must be crazy.

Emery asked me an hour ago if I wanted to get ice cream with him, I agreed, but he wanted to go to an ice cream shop, which was all the way across town. But we still went anyway and so that leads to why we are here. I may be murdered because Emery wanted to get ice cream a town over at 9 o’clock at night. Such a great way to die! 

I sigh when Emery starts walking down the sidewalk, he’s craz- 

“Ahh!” I scream when I hear noise across the street, then I’m flying out of the car and running towards Emery. Emery smirks when he seems me coming to his side. I roll my eyes at him and hug myself, then Emery locks the car with the keys and we’re walking down a creepy town. Great! “I always knew I was going to die young. You know maybe in an air plane or even get attacked by a dog but never did I think I was going to get murdered,” I hiss. Then, I jump closer to Emery when I hear weird rustling inside someone’s house. 

“Wanna walk in front of me?” he questions and I eagerly nod my head and step in front of him. Emery chuckles and I roll my eyes. 

Maybe I’ll survive when someone tries to kill us, I’ll be 85 and telling my grandchildren the moment I nearly died. Or, or! I will be 92 with scars all over my face and I could tell people I defended myself from a near death situation, you know of course I would have to spice up the story a little bit but sounds like a novel to me! I could be a millionaire! Even maybe a billionaire! I wonder if John Sparks is a billionaire from all his romance books- wait I think his name is John Sparks. Eh, John Sparks, Josh Sparks. Could be anything. 

But I would defiantly be a billionaire because I mean a one legged person escaping near death. What’s better than that? Oh wait… A lot of things. Ha I guess I’m better off being murdered then maybe someone can make a book about that. Sounds like a plan! It would have to be called something mysterious, something to catch a readers eye. Maybe like Unexpected or Lost Soul of the one legged teenage girl with ex cancer! Sounds terrific if you ask me, defiantly a winner there. I can already smell the money that book will make. Or of course the lucky author. 

I swear if I’m going down, Emery better go down with me. There is no way in Hell am I letting Emery survive this murder. He can be bait. If I’m going down, Emery’s going down with me. I mean it was his idea to get ice cream in the first place. 

Oh my god this is Emery’s fault why I’m going to get murdered! If only he checked the damn gas thing then he would know! Stupid Emery. Weeks After childhood friend, Emery, comes to live with the Elements the two are now found murdered! I can already see it on the news…. Great, Cedes, just flippin’ great! 

I scream when something lands on my shoulders. I look to see Emery’s jacket hanging, I sigh of relief but then glare at Emery when he chuckles. 

“Remember that one time I brought over my marshmallow shooter to your house and we were in your backyard playing around with it. You accidentally hit the button and twenty marshmallows went flinging in your hair, you screamed so loud that literally people a block away could hear it. You started flipping out and saying how you would have to shave your head because there were too many sticky stuff in your hair to pull out?” I laugh and nod. 

“We were literally up half of the night trying to hide it from our parents because we thought they were going to flip! They ended up finding us leaned over the sink with my head in the bathtub and you pulling the marshmallows out! To say they were shocked was an understatement,” I added. 

Emery laughs and nods. “We literally thought they were going to murder us!” I laugh along with him and minutes later we cool down and walk in silence. 

There were honestly so many great moments between Emery and I. We were wild 8 and 9 year olds. But we always had a great time doing the funny things we did. I had always hoped we would be remembering our crazy childhood moments as we got older and I guess its true. Even though we missed 8 years of our lives together, we still have some pretty epic stories to share when we were even younger. 

Truth be told I always looking forward to growing up with Emery in our teenage years but our teenage years are practically done with, Emery will be 18 in a couple more months and I will be 17 in a couple more months. We missed the gossip of who finally kissed who or who hit puberty first or who do you think likes me. You know, the normal young teenage crap years. Never did I think Emery would be miles away from me, ever. 

“You never told me about Noah.” 

I look behind me at Emery. “You never asked,” that shut Emery up. “you said you changed. So what person have you become?” I ask once said words by Emery himself. 

“Someone, Cedes, someone,” Emery replies as he stuffs his hands in his pockets. 

“Well tell me who this someone is.” 

Emery sighs. “Someone,” he finally replies. 

I crease my eyebrows. “Be more specific.” 

“It’s a long story, Cedes,” Emery fusses. 

“I have time.” 

Emery groans. “I don’t want to take about it, okay?” Emery demanded. 

“Alright, jeez,” I mumble then stare straight ahead. 

Obviously it’s a topic that Emery doesn’t like to talk about but I honestly don’t get it. If he’s changed more than I’ll ever know, than shouldn’t he tell me so I should know. I mean if Emery is just going to keep secrets than what’s the point of finding out anything about him? 

I shriek when a finger touched my butt. “Sorry, I’m just putting my finger through your loop hole on your jeans so I don’t lose you,” Emery mumbles, I nod. “so you and Noah, huh?” 

“Um yeah,” I mumble. I really didn’t like talking about my relationship with Noah, especially with Emery. 

“You like him, huh?” I just nod in response. “he seems like a cool dude,” Emery states. 

After a couple seconds of Emery waiting for my reply, he just shuts up. Its not that I don’t want to talk to Emery, I outdone think its anyone’s business to know what’s happening between Noah and I. Whether it be if we are physical with each other or it being if we kissed yet, the only people who should know what’s happening in a relationship are the couples. It shouldn’t be other people’s business, they aren’t the one’s in the relationship. I don’t know that’s just one of my pet peeve’s. Or as Cade says my ‘beliefs’. Cade believes no one should know anything that goes on between us, but he always bugs me, so ya know its just Cade being Cade. 

I jump when something in my pocket starts vibrating and my eyes widen when I remember I had my phone on me the whole entire time. I grab my phone out of my pocket and answer the call. 

“Where are you?” Matt asks. 

I roll my eyes. “Wanna do me a favor?” I start with a smile. 

“Oh god, what?” 

*

I perk up when I see Noah’s car speeding up the street, near my dad’s car (don’t know whose car I said? But its her dad’s) I sigh of relief and look over at Emery who’s looking at Noah’s car. Noah pulls in front of dad’s car and gets out with a gallon of gas. Noah doesn’t say anything as he starts putting gas in the empty tank, so I open my mouth.

“Hey Emery you can drive home, okay? I’m going to take a ride with Noah,” Emery just nods. I shrug then walk to Noah’s car and hop into the passengers seat. After sitting in the car for a while, Noah finally comes in his truck. Emery pulls out in front of us and speeds down this horrible street. “thanks for bringing gas,” I say. Noah nods and starts driving down the street, I crinkle my nose when I see couple of guys smoking on the sidewalk. 

Told you this road wasn’t safe. 

“Why are you so pissed?” I ask when I look over at Noah, his hands were wrapped around the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were turning white. 

Noah shrugs and turns out of the street. “I’m not pissed,” Noah mumbles. I roll my eyes, he was pissed and he knows it. I zip up Emery’s jacket and move it closer to my body to warm up, its getting pretty cold at night here in Mass. 

And I can’t stand cold weather, it sucks. I mean who wants to be outside in 30 degree weather? Weirdo’s that’s who. I’d rather being wearing shorts and hanging by the beach than trying to warm up with a million blankets that I will eventually get too hot in. It just sucks, not to mention the shoveling when it snows. it’s the worst.  

“Here,” Noah grumbles. 

I look over at him and he’s looking at me. “Come on, Noah why are you pissed?” I ask with pouted lips. 

“I’m not pissed, Cedes.” 

I squint my eyes at him. “Why are you lying to me?” I challenge. Noah’s eyebrow lifts up. 

“Who said I’m lying? Cedes, I’m not pissed.” I sigh and crawl over the seat and sit myself on his lap. 

“Then tell me what’s wrong.” Noah shakes his head. I lean my forehead on his forehead, I peck his lips. 

“Cedes, I’m not kissing you while you have another guys jacket on,” Noah argues. 

A small smirk starts making its way on my face. “You’re jealous, aren’t you?” I tease. Noah stays quiet. “you are just a man of mysterious aren’t you? Noah Blaine, jealous? Who would’ve thought,” I chuckle to myself and take Emery’s jacket off. “there, now at least give me a kiss before I head inside,” Noah rolls his eyes but his lips press onto mine and he immediately pulls back after. I shake my head and open his door. “night Noah, see ya tomorrow at school.” I grab Emery’s jacket, shut Noah’s door, and head inside. 

“He didn’t seem like a happy man,” Emery says as I hand him his jacket. 

I shrug. “He usually is but like all guys he has his grumpy days, alright I’m heading to bed.” I give Emery a smile and then walk up the stairs. I flick my light on and start taking my jeans off and take my prosthetic leg off, after sliding my liner off, I hop over to my dresser and slid on some shorts on, and then hop into bed. 

Today was a really long day…..

*

“Yo, Cedes!” Nick, my teammate, yells as he jogs over to me. 

“What up?” I ask when he lazily wraps an arm around my shoulder. 

“You and my boy, huh?” Nick smirks and wiggles his eyebrows. 

I roll my eyes. “What’s it to you?” I challenge. 

“Nothing, nothing. I just can’t talk to you?” Nick chuckles and I shake my head. “that hurts, Cedes.” I smile at Nick. 

“Hey Nick, what’s up?” Noah questions as he walks by my side and takes my hand in his. 

“Just small talking with your girl.” Nick shrugs. 

Noah lifts an eyebrow. “Yeah? Then get your hand off of her,” he bosses. Nick laughs plants a kiss on my check and walks down the hallway. I wrinkle my nose and wipe the drool on my cheek. I walk behind Noah and hop onto his back. “wanna go to my house after practice?” Noah asks. 

I lean my head on his shoulder. “Sure.” Noah walks up the staircase and walks to the science wing. 

“The parents are out tonight until 8 or 9, they have to bring Izzy to a play or something for a birthday party,” Noah explains as he addresses his younger sister. 

“What about Silver and Bryan?” I ask. 

“Silver is going over Brit’s house and Bryan has boxing tonight until 8, he’ll be leaving once Lax practice is over.” Bryan is Noah’s younger brother, he’s a Sophomore. 

“When is Izzy leaving?” 

“They will probably be heading out when we get there.” 

I grin. “So I’ll be able to see Izzy?” Noah nods. “Yess!” I holler. 

Noah laughs. “She’s been asking for you.” 

I grin. Noah’s siblings just adore me. I adore them just as much, too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote <3

Comment <3

And tell me what you think <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 544 32
We were walking straight into a fire knowing that we were the fuel. But we didn't burn. There was destruction and sacrifice that came with our lo...
Bound By R

Action

2.6K 106 32
We all thought we were normal. But we learned we weren't 2 weeks before school ended. We have never met our grandparents until we learned what we are...
6.1K 187 62
Two teenagers fight for their right to just be in love, no matter the consequences. This is their story, two high school sweethearts with a nine mont...
177K 6K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...