A way out

De Elisa_De_Bruijn

When three teenagers are send to a boarding school in England they soon notice that the school isn't their pl... Mais

characters
Sarah
Rafe
Laura
the bad present
unbelievable
''I love you''
The airport
The arriving
New characters
Liar
Do you want a lift?
New character
''I am in love with someone else''
A thousand words
You are my sunshine remember?
''We have to get our passports''
The plan
The first night
I changed my mind
The last night
The escaping
America
''What do you know?''
Not at all
She knew

''I love you too.''

13 0 0
De Elisa_De_Bruijn

It was half-past six when all the students of the St. Edwards school woke up. In the girl's room, Sarah woke up at first. She stepped out of bed and walked over to the light brown curtains and opened them. Sarah observed the whole school property and the trees, which were covered with raindrops due to last night's thunder. The sun shined through the leaves of the big oak tree. Sarah felt attracted to the oak tree. She felt a rush of deja vu every time she looked at the oak tree. It felt like it was her place to be.

Sarah took a deep breath and walked over to the bunk bed and woke Laura up. ''Good morning little sunshine.'' Sarah said to her as Laura yawned. ''I completely forgot that I slept here tonight. I always have that when I sleep somewhere else.'' Laura said as she stood up and stretched herself out. ''I guess this is going to be our first day in this school. - ''mhm.'' Laura said as she walked over to the closet and grabbed some clothes. ''I miss my old place already.'' Sarah said. Laura looked at the back of Sarah and saw her body which was covered with sunlight. She walked over to her and hugged her from behind. ''I now babes,'' She said. ''But you have to keep positive.'' - ''yes, you're right Laura.'' Sarah said back with a sigh in her voice.

''And maybe, we'll meet new boys.'' Laura said with a little excitement.'' - ''Oh, you are not going wild on every boy you see in this building, are you?'' - ''No, only with the hot teachers.'' She said as she joked and Sarah laughed and shook her head. ''You're crazy, you know that?'' - ''Oh no I'm not crazy, I'm psycho.'' Laura said as she walked over to the door and stuck her tongue out. ''Where are you going Laura?'' Sarah asked her. ''To the bathroom to take a shower, are you coming with me?'' - ''No, I'll shower later on.'' - ''Oki.'' Laura said as she closed the bedroom door behind her.

Sarah decided to play some music and walked over to her trunk with clothes. She searched, but she couldn't find her phone. ''Are you serious?'' She said, and exactly at that moment, Laura entered the bedroom again. ''Serious about what?'' Laura said as she looked at Sarah. ''They took our phone, well at least mine phone, check if your phone is gone too.'' Of course, they are gone, this is a boarding school Sarah.'' - ''Eww, you sound like a Caran.'' Sarah said back. ''No, I sound like you.'' Laura said and the both of them laughed. But, I have some good news too.'' Laura said. - ''What is it?'' - ''I still got my iPod.'' Laura said back and Sarah gasped and smiled. ''Ahh that's nice! You did not download our playlist did you?'' - ''Of course, I did.'' Laura said back as she looked at Sarah who hugged her. ''You are the best.'' Sarah said as she smiled back at Laura who smiled too. ''I know right.'' She said and they both giggled.

While they both listened to their own music they did their make-up. The playlist they made was fifty hours long and they made it when they were younger. Sarah and Laura described the playlist as the best decision they ever made. There was all kinds of songs in. 'Je te laisserai des mots' was one of Sarah's favorite. And she has listened to it like a million times. Their music taste was kind of unique under their friends. No one really liked their music style, until they met one another. Their music taste matched ninety-five percent. Laura and Sarah had next to their music style also the strongest bond ever. They clicked on points other people would never. They both had the same dreams, way of life and also the same taste in men, which was perfect, cause they always talked about the same boy. Sometimes it was difficult, although they never saw a danger in this fact. They weren't afraid that they would once fall in love with the same boy. Cause they also promised that they would never date each other's exes or crushes.

''I still don't understand how you can make the perfect wing.'' Laura said to Sarah as she struggled with the eyeliner. ''Here, just let me do it then, I'll teach you.'' - ''Ah that's sweet, thanks!'' - ''The fault that you make is that you raise your eyebrows, never do that, 'cause it'll look completely different.'' - ''Oh my, now I noticed why.'' She said as she shook her head. ''And now you just have to practice, and oh by the way,'' Sarah said. ''Every eye shape has a different eye liner, you knew that?'' - ''Honestly, no, I just tried what I found beautiful.'' - ''Tonight or tomorrow, we will find out what your eye shape is. For now, I'll do yours.'' - ''Thank you, sweet Sarah.'' Laura said as she closed her eyes.

A few minutes later, they were all dressed. They both wore beautiful jewelry. Laura wore earrings, and Sarah wore a beautiful silver necklace in the shape of a heart. She once got it as a gift from Rafe for her sixteen's birthday. ''That's a beautiful necklace Sarah.'' Laura said. ''Where did you buy it?'' She asked. ''It was a gift from Rafe for my birthday.'' Sarah said back as she smiled and touched the necklace. ''I'll treasure it always.'' - ''Nahww, how cute.'' She said as she smiled. ''Should we go for breakfast and search for him?'' - ''Yes, that's a good idea!'' So the both of them walked out of the bedroom and locked the door. As they turned around they it looked like they saw million people. Everyone was crossing each other. ''This school is so god damn big.'' Sarah said as she widened her eyes. ''Let's go to the great hall.'' - ''Sure, I'll come along.''

As the two of them walked through the halls and entered the great hall, they stood still for a moment. ''How are we ever going to find him in this crowd?'' Sarah said. ''We'll walk into him for sure, come,'' She said as she took Sarah's hand and dragged her to the table with the food. ''I am hungry.'' The two took a seat on one of the long benches and tables. Laura took an egg and bacon, while Sarah was still searching to find something for breakfast. ''Don't u want egg and bacon?'' - ''No thanks, I don't like eggs, but I like the bacon tho.'' Sarah said as she grabbed the spoon and put some bacon on her plate.

''Hey girls, I heard you are new here?'' Said a boy who was leaning on the side of Sarah's table. He was tall, had blue ocean eyes and blond hair which was perfectly styled in a middle part. When Sarah looked at him she immediately noticed his blue eyes. She stared at them, but for a little too long, cause he was already asking her a question but Sarah didn't notice. ''Hello, miss?'' He said. ''Oh uhm, I'm sorry I uh-'' - ''Doesn't matter,'' He said. ''I am Mike Hudson, nice to meet you.'' - ''Nice to meet you too Mike, I'm Sarah Montgomery.'' - ''hm, and who is that girl who sits opposite you?'' He asked as he pointed his eyes at Laura. ''I am Laura Smith, nice to meet you.'' - ''Nice to meet you Laura, I am Mike Hudson.'' He said as he looked deep into her eyes which made Laura slightly nervous and she tugged a lock of hair behind her ears.

''Hey, Mike, who are these beautiful lady's over here?'' Another boy asked who walked over to Mike and also leaned against the table. Mike didn't look at him, which made Sarah think that he was a friend of him. ''They are new on our school.'' - ''Nice to meet you girls, I am Daniel cooper.'' The blonde said as he shook Lara's and Sarah's hand. They introduced themselves and looked at each other with admiration. ''Well, I'll see you around!'' Mike said as he winked at Laura and nodded at Sarah. ''Yes mee too,'' Daniel said as he leaned towards Sarah.

''Goodbye gorgeous.'' He said as he looked at Sarah's eyes and whispered into her left ear. A chill ran down her spine when she heard the whisper. ''Goodbye.'' Sarah said a little perplexed. ''Holy fuckkk.'' Laura said as she gasped from astonishment. ''That was some real breakfast.'' Laura said as she pointed at the two boys who were walking out of the hall. ''Laura calm down,'' Sarah said as she laughed. ''Do not fall in love with boys on the first day.'' - ''Why not? Have you seen them? They are the definition of hot. Please admit that, cause I don't want to be the only simp.'' - ''Yes okay, they're hot.'' Sarah admitted.

When they started to continue eating someone tapped on Sarah's shoulder. ''Seriously, I thought you guys were out of here?'' Sarah said without turning her back. ''What guys?'' The voice of Rafe sounded behind her back. When Sarah realized that it was Rafe instead of the guys, she turned her back. ''Omg Rafe, heyy.'' She said as she stood up and hugged him. ''Sorry I thought you were someone else, how did you sleep?'' - ''Yes I slept well, I hope you did too.'' He said back. ''mhm.'' The bell rang, so breakfast time was over.

The three of them now started walking out of the great hall. On their way, Rafe asked them something: ''But what were you talking about?'' - ''What do you mean?'' Sarah questioned. ''That boys you were talking about.'' - ''Oh just some boys we met earlier.'' - ''Do they bother you?'' - ''No don't worry, they just introduced themselves.'' - ''hmm.'' Rafe said as he was sinking into his thoughts. ''What lesson do we have now?'' Sarah asked Laura. ''History. I have just checked the schedule.'' ''Okay, Rafe what lesson do you have?'' Sarah asked him, but he didn't respond because of his deep thinking. So Sarah bumped into his shoulder. ''I am sorry what?'' He said back as he shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair. ''What lesson do you have now?'' - ''Oh uhh History.'' He said back still a little entangled. ''Hey cool! We too.'' - ''Ah that's nice.'' He said as the three of them walked away on their way to the classroom.

The halls were filled with students from all types of classes. ''I think I'll never get used to the amount of people walking through these hallways.'' Rafe said as his eyes looked a little anxious. ''Same.'' Said Laura. As te#hey reached the classroom, Sarah began to read the little board on the door of the history classroom. 'Mr. G. Wilson.' she read. ''Sounds chic.'' Rafe said as he raised his eyebrows. Slowly a whole bunch of people started to wait in front of the classroom.

After a few minutes, at the same time as the bell rang a tall man in uniform walked towards the crowd. Sarah saw him grabbing his keys. ''Excuse me people, let me through.'' He said with a slightly deep voice. He walked over to the door and unlocked it, while Sarah looked up at him. She looked over his shoulder to Laura and mouthed: ''Wauw!'' Sarah giggled and Rafe looked from the teacher to the girls. He frowned and looked from Sarah to Laura. The crowd now started to walk into the classroom and they each took a seat.

Laura and Sarah sat next to each other, and Rafe was seated a few tables back. The teacher walked over to the door, looked from side to side, and after that he closed the door, walked to the part behind his desk, and waited for the bell to ring so he could start. As the bell rang, he started talking to the students. ''Hello my dear students, may I welcome you at this new school year and to my class. I am Mr. Wilson, Geoffrey Wilson to be exact.'' He said as he leaned against his desk. ''I'll be teaching you history this year and I hope we will all succeed at learning. I would like it if you guys would grab your books, a pen, and your notition book, to make notations.'' So the whole class started to grab their stuff. When they were all done he stopped leaning at the desk and folded his hands together in a way that his fingertips touched each other.

''Before we begin with our day's lesson. I would like you guys to introduce yourselves. Let's begin at the left side of the classroom.'' He said as he pointed his eyes at the girl before Sarah. She stood up and began to introduce herself. As she looked slightly over her shoulder, Sarah could see the right side of her face. She immediately noticed the hazel fox eyes which were covered with dark make-up. The girl had brown hair. Everyone could see that her clothing style would be completely different from the school uniform if the school didn't have to wear them. ''My name is Maeve Wiley, I'm seventeen years old and my favorite hobbies are listening to music and going to a great party which is impossible on this school.'' She said with a brutal smile on her face. ''Okay, yes thank you Maeve, let's continue.''

As Maeve said down she blew a kiss to the other part of the classroom, and Mattheo gave her one back, so Sarah assumed that the two had something together. Sarah's thoughts got interrupted by the voice of the teacher. ''Uhm that girl behind Maeve, What's your name?'' He asked as he frowned. Sarah stood up and stroked her skirt. ''I am Sarah Montgomery, I am seventeen, I am from the Netherlands and my favorite things to do is hanging out with my friends and writing.'' She said confidently. Normally teachers would never ask questions about the lives of students, but for this one time, Mr. Wilson asked Sarah a question. ''What do you write?'' - ''Uhmm,'' Sarah slightly stumbled over her own words. ''I uh write about my life and I write books.'' - ''Interesting.'' He said as nodded and Sarah said back down again. ''And what's the name of the girl next to you?'' He asked as Laura stood up and introduced herself. ''And my favorite things to do is to hang out with my friends and to smoke.'' Now because Laura said that about the smoking, the whole class stared at her, and some of the students giggled. ''Okay, It's getting more and more interesting.'' The teacher said.

Before Rafe, there were a few other people who introduced themselves. And then after a few minutes, it was finally Rafe's turn. Rafe stood up and folded his hands together. ''My name if Rafe Adams, I am seventeen and I am also from the Netherlands. My favorite hobbies are listening to music, hanging out with my best friend,'' The dark blonde said as he glanced at Sarah and slightly smiled. ''and smoking is indeed very great.'' He finally said as he took a seat again. ''Okay, thank you.'' Mr. Wilson said as he looked down, sighed, and smiled at the same time. ''But Rafe?'' He questioned. ''Yes sir?'' Rafe responed. ''Are you all friends, I mean with that two over there who also come from the Netherlands?'' - ''Sort of,'' Rafe said. ''I am friends with Sarah since the first class of high school and two days ago I got to meet Laura.'' - ''Interesting relationship.'' Mr. Wilson said back.

''Let's continue, what's your name boy?'' Mattheo introduced himself and after that Sarah looked at that way of the classroom, and noticed that the two boys who Laura and she met earlier also had history. ''Mister Cooper, we know you, but for the new students you may introduce yourself as well.'' The blonde stood up and began talking. ''Well my name is Daniel Cooper, I am seventeen and my favorite thing to do is making out with my girlfriend,'' He said as he spread his arms a little. ''oh wait I don't have one.'' He said as he took a seat and gave his best friend, Mike a small box with his hand. ''Mr. Wilson sight. ''Thank you, Mr. Cooper, you are still the joker of the classroom.'' And Daniel nodded with a cheeky smile.

When the whole classe introduced itself, Mr. Wilson said: ''Because this is a double hour of each 60 minutes, you guys can have 10 minutes of a break between the two lessons. You may also go outside.'' So said so done, when the first lesson was over Rafe, Laura, Maeve and a bunch of others left the classroom. Sarah stayed inside with the rest of the class.

''Why don't u go outside Sarah?'' Mr. Wilson asked. ''Because I don't smoke Mr. Wilson.'' - ''Oh, well they are not going to smoke cause it's not allowed in this school, you know that right?'' - ''Yes I know, then I don't know what they are going to do outside.'' In fact, Sarah was right about the smoking, earlier when they were on their way to the classroom, Rafe told her that Mattheo knew a secret place to smoke. And indeed when she looked out of the window, she saw the group walking towards the secret place which was located between the electricity cabin and the big stone wall of the schoolyard. She saw Mattheo running towards the secret place. For a few seconds, he waited and looked around for people who might see him, but the coast was clear and later on he waved at the group to come as well.

After about 8 minutes Sarah saw the group walking towards the school building again. And exactly on time, they were in the classroom again. ''Yes everyone, take a seat, and let's begin.''

-

After the double-hour history, they had a break. After Laura and Sarah collected their lunch, they walked outside to sit in the sun. In the middle of the schoolyard, there was a big fountain. Laura pointed at the fountain and suggested eating their lunch together in that place. When they were sitting there for a few minutes, enjoying their lunch together with the sun on their faces, they saw Rafe, Maththeo, and Maeve walking down the stone steps of the stairs towards them. When their eyes met each other, Rafe walked over to the girls. ''Hey guys,'' He said as he looked from Sarah to Laura. ''Don't you have to smoke?'' Rafe asked Laura who squeezed her eyes a little bit shut because of the sun. ''Yes, but I wait until I have finished my lunch, I'll join you in a few minutes.'' - ''Okay, see you in a minute.'' He said as Mattheo dragged him by the arm.

When both the girls finished their lunch they stood up and wiped a few breadcrumbs away. ''Will you join me in the secret interspace?'' - ''Interspace?'' Sarah questioned. ''Yes, the secret smoking place you know?'' - ''Ohw there. No, I rather stay here.'' She said. ''Ah please dear Sarah join me for once, otherwise you'll be a loner.'' - ''Okay, for this time.'' She said as she followed Laura to the place.

Once arrived, Sarah looked around the secret place which they called the secret 'The place.' Although there was little space, there were a bunch of people. It stunk of sigarettes and weet. ''You guys smoking weed here?'' - ''Yes of course we are!'' Mattheo said loudly, trying to reach above the level of the music. He clung around Rafe's shoulder who was high because of the joint he smoked. ''Rafe are you seriously doing drugs at 11 AM?'' - ''Yes why not?'' He said slow tone as he giggled. Mattheo also took a drag from the joint.

All the people were sharing the joint. The song switched to 'These Days.' from mike. ''I just wanna chill, drink, smoke fuck. Cause goddamn that body's goals as fuck.'' Sounded through the space. A girl with curled blonde hair and big front teeth, which looked like a little overbite walked over to Maeve who was talking to Mattheo. ''Heyyy Maeve.'' She said happily. ''Hey, sis!'' Maeve said back to her as they hugged one another. ''I don't want to be rude sorry my name is Cassie bennet, I think we have Maths together.'' The girl said as she shook Sarah's hand. ''Nice to meet you Cassie, my name is Sarah.'' - ''Yes I know, Rafe told me about you.'' - ''Ohw.'' Sarah said as she looked back at Rafe.

''Somehow you hot as hell,-'' said a boy who walked passed the crowd. ''But still cold as fuck.'' Mattheo said back, and Cassie gave Mattheo a little push. ''Heyy.'' She said in a bit irritated tone. ''What?! It says the lyrics.'' Mattheo said innocent, and Cassie rolled her eyes. ''Aren't you guys afraid to get caught?'' ''What?!'' She yelled at Sarah cause she couldn't hear her because of the music. ''I asked if your guys aren't afraid to get caught!'' - ''No, we have done this for years.'' She yelled back as she danced together with Maeve. The song 'FM$' was playing now. ''I said I'm about to fuck who I'm dancing with, I'm-I'm about to fuck who I'm dancing with, I'm about to fuck who I'm dancing with, Shout out to the, to the beat if you playing this.'' Rafe nodded with his head in the same rhythm as the music. His head was covered with a little sweat and his eyes were slightly red from the weed.

''I think I'll be going on my way.'' Sarah said to the others. ''No Sarah stayyy.'' Rafe said stoned. ''No I'm going, I hate to see you like this and you know that.'' Sarah said as she walked away from the crowd and the music. ''Sarah wait,'' Rafe said as he followed her. ''What?!'' She said back as she turned around. ''I am sorry okay? Can we talk about this later?'' - ''Gladly!'' Sarah said with an angry tone in her voice.

-

Later that night after everyone's lessons were over, Sarah and Laura walked over to their room. While they were walking, someone shouted Sarah's name. It was Rafe. Sarah looked over her shoulder to Rafe who was taller than all of the other students in the hall. ''Sarah wait!'' Rafe yelled at her, but Sarah continued walking until Rafe reached her and grabbed her arm. ''Sarah stop please, I am sorry, can we please talk about what happened before?'' - ''Yes but not now, I have to do history homework, besides you too.'' Sarah said in a little harsh tone.

''Yes you're right, later then, what about ten 'o clock in my room?'' - '' Okay but how do I get their unseen?'' She asked him. ''Just use the invisible cloak.'' Rafe said in a giggle. ''Yes, but I am not Harry Potter, seriously Rafe how do I get there?'' - ''Go through the downspout.'' - ''What?! You are joking right?'' - ''No I am not.'' He said casually. ''But Rafe, that's dangerous as fuck!'' - ''No there are little handles where you can hold on to.'' - ''Okay, but if I die, then it's your fault.'' He grinned and without saying anything he walked away. ''See you at ten!'' Sarah said. Without turning his back, Rafe raised his hand with the meaning that he hear her.

-

After Sarah did her homework, she showered and put her grey sweatpants on with a red hoody. ''I am going out.'' She said with a hasty and nervous tone to Laura who was reading with music on. ''Be safe, have fun, and don't die.'' She said with a grin on her face. ''No but seriously, don't die.'' - ''I won't I promise.'' Sarah said back to Laura as she smiled to her. ''Although...'' She whispered to herself as she walked over to the windowsill. First, she looked outside, and indeed just as Rafe said there were handles next to the downspout. She looked up and saw the lightened room of Rafe.

''Okay, here we're going.'' She said to herself and took a deep breath. She climbed out of the windowsill and held onto the handles. Slowly she climbed upwards. ''Why am I doing this? I am mad.'' She said to herself. Luckily Sarah finally reached the windowsill of the boys. Quickly she jumped into the room. She saw Mattheo being busy with little plastic bags and white powder. ''Where's Rafe?'' Sarah questioned. ''On the roof.'' He said without looking at her. ''How do I get there?'' - ''hatch.'' He said as he pointed at the roof of the bedroom. Sarah looked at the little hatch above the bunk bed and walked towards the bed. When she sat on the bed she raised herself upwards. When Sarah stood up she saw Rafe sitting on the edge of the roof smoking a cigarette listening to some slow music.

''Hey.'' Sarah said. Rafe turned around a little surprised and welcomed her. ''Take a seat next to me please?'' He questioned her with a begging look plastered on his face. Without saying anything, Sarah took a seat next to Rafe. As she took a seat, she sighed and looked at him while he blew out smoke. ''I uh..'' He stumbled over his own words. ''I want to say that I am sorry that you saw me that way, I should have kept that side away from you.'' - ''No.'' Sarah said as she looked straight ahead. ''What do you mean?'' Rafe asked her a little confused as he put out his cigarette.

''Don't feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for yourself Rafe. I mean look at you, you are only seventeen years old, you smoke, you drink...way too much and you do drugs.'' - ''I can't.'' He said back as he bowed his head and looked at his arms. ''You can't do what?'' Sarah asked him as she looked at his left arm which was covered with scars. ''I can't feel sorry for myself Sarah, and you know that.'' He said somberly. ''Rafe?'' She asked him. ''Yes?'' He said back as he looked into Sarah's eyes. ''Why do you feel like you are not enough?'' Before he answered he tried to say something but his mouth only made the movements and no sounds. ''I-...I don't know.'' He said as he looked down again. ''This has to do with your dad doesn't it?'' She questioned him. When he heard the word 'dad' he immediately looked up to her. ''Don't talk about my dad.'' - ''I know you hate it, but-'' Before Sarah could finish her sentence, Rafe cut her off. ''If you know it, why do you do it then?'' - ''Rafe all I try to say is, that you did nothing wrong,'' Rafe clenched his jaws as she said that. ''It is not your fault. Your dad shouldn't have used you in that way.'' - ''Don't you talk about this right now. People might hear.'' He said anxiously. Sarah put her arm around his shoulders and looked around. ''There is no one here Rafe, it's only the two of us.''

''Hey look at me.'' Sarah said as she cupped his chin which forced him to look at her. ''I know your dad didn't love you as you deserved. But I love you, and I'll always love you. Forever and always Remember? As long as I'm here, I'll protect you.'' These words from Sarah made Rafe silent. He couldn't speak. The only thing he could was look into her eyes, and finally, he laid his head on her shoulder. Sarah hugged him and gave him a kiss on the top of his head. ''I love you.'' He said. These words touched Sarah's heart. She swallowed the lump in her throat and smiled while a tear fell down her cheeks. ''I love you too Rafe.''

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

94.7K 1.3K 48
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
28.3K 526 35
˚ · . "Welcome to FPE Oneshots!, feel free to make requests." ╰┈➤ ✎ 𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨...
68.3K 3.1K 74
❤️
287K 20.3K 151
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...