Pretty Reckless ━━ Derek Hale...

By Monrox

[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt... More

PRETTY RECKLESS βœ“
| ZERO: Darker than Death βœ“
| ONE: Lingering Gazes βœ“
| TWO: Transition βœ“
| THREE: Beating Hearts βœ“
chapter four | web of lies
chapter five | hot girls and car wrecks
chapter six | a little taste
chapter seven | ptsd
chapter eight | seducing a stilinski
chapter nine | impulse under pressure
chapter ten | heart of stone
chapter eleven | werewolves and alcohol don't mix
chapter twelve | sugar lips and harsh words
chapter fourteen | miguel juarez
chapter fifteen | the huntress and the wolf
chapter sixteen | words before threats
chapter seventeen | panic on the rise
chapter eighteen | howls at night
chapter nineteen | the perfect shot
sequel.

chapter thirteen | bite to the dust

45.9K 1.2K 1K
By Monrox

13 // Chapter Three

Bite to the Dust

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Faster?"

"Much faster!"

Clara stepped on the gas petal further, her grip on the steering wheel becoming even faster. Scott and Stiles sat in the back even though they were poking their heads in between the passengers and drivers seat. Kate Argent was following quick behind, thinking that the three teenagers in Derek's car were actually Derek.

Stiles hastily glanced behind them, "Clara, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here."

"If she goes any faster, she'll kill us." Scott defended. After the whole full moon incident and the harsh words that were traded, Scott apolgized and meant it.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles yelped, panicky looking behind him. Clara quirked an eyebrow before putting the shift gear into overdrive, going faster than before. She looked at the rearview mirror and saw that the Argent's car turned into the next road.

"They're gone." Stiles sighed, letting out a breath of relief. He then hastily grabbed his dad's, stolen, police radio, "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works."

Pressing harder on the gas petal, Clara drove the car towards the Iron Works where the cops had caught Derek. When they finally arrived at the Iron Works, Derek was hiding behind a fork lift and Chris Argent was on the cat-walk with a cross-bow in his hand.

Scott leaned over the passenger's seat and opened the door. "Get in!"

Without hesitation, Derek ran into the car just when Chris started to fire shots from his machine gun.

As they got back onto the road, Scott began to yell, "What part of laying low don't you understand?"

"Dammit, I had him!" Derek yelled back, hitting the dashboard.

"Who? The Alpha?"

"Yes!" Derek snapped, "He was right in front of me, and the freakin' police showed up."

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs -"

Derek turned his head to glare at Stiles before adverting his attention to Scott, "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!"

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott argued back.

"Alright!" Stiles interjected, "How did you find him?"

Derek scoffed before shaking his head. Scott glanced at him, "Can you at least trust us for half a second?"

"Yeah, both of us."

Once again, Derek glared at Stiles, "Or just him and Clara. I'll be back here." He cowered before slumping into the back seat.

"Look the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." He explained.

Stiles popped his head back in, "Our chemistry teacher?"

"What's the second?" Clara asked.

Derek then unfolded a piece of paper with some odd symbol on it. Clara examined the picture, recognizing it somehow but couldn't quite put her finger on it, "Some sort of symbol." Scott took one look at it before groaning. Derek looked at him, "What? You know what this is?"

"I've seen it on a necklace." Scott groaned slightly as everyone looked at him, "Allison's necklace."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clara groaned into her pillow before slamming her hand on the button of her alarm clock. It was the next morning since the whole car chase with the Argents and Clara was more than exhausted. She then felt someone press against her back, a large arm slinging over her body. Surprising herself, Clara cracked a smile once she realized that it was Derek who was in her bed. They both couldn't exactly get much sleep considering they were a bit busy doing other things.

Smiling to herself yet mentally groaning, Clara grabbed his arm and unwrap it from her body, sitting up on the edge of the bed while picking up her shirt, "As much as I would love to stay in this bed, I have school and Tate will murder you if he sees that I have you in my bed, a wanted fugitive."

Clara felt Derek shift to where he was sitting next to her, shirtless with his hair a tad bit messy, "Or we could stay in bed-" He placed a kiss on her shoulder, "and you could skip school."

Clara giggling before standing up and opening up her closet, looking for a semi decent outfit, "Can't. I have to somehow help Scott get the necklace from Allison. Or find out the whole Harris situation."

"Good point. I have to sneak out so no one sees me." He said.

"But-" She turned around to face him, "You could visit me tonight." Clara said in a seductive whisper before leaning down and placing a lingering kiss.

Derek smirked before pulling away, "I'll have to take it up into consideration."

Repaying the smirk, Clara cupped his neck and pulled him into another kiss. Derek wrapped his arms around his lower back before sliding her fully onto his lap. As Derek twisted them both around to where Clara was lying on the bed and he was hovering over her, Clara realized that she still had school to go to. Well, it wouldn't hurt to be fifteen minutes late.

This is gonna be impossible, you know." Scott huffed as the three teenagers entered the Beacon Hills High School.

"Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?" Stiles asked.

"How?"

Clara rolled her eyes, "It's easy. You just say, 'Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you?"

"You're not helping." Scott hissed at her.

"Just talk to her." Stiles exclaimed.

"She won't talk to me." Scott groaned as all three teenagers stopped, Stiles and Clara facing him, "What if she, like, only takes it off in the shower or something?"

"That's why you ease - that's why you ease back into it, okay? Get back on the good side, remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace." Clara explained until she noticed the daze expression on Scott's face and the sly grin curling onto her lips, "You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?"

"Yeah."

"All right, stay focused, okay? Get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured, get Allison. In that order. Got it?" Stiles determined before walking away from the two werewolves.

Scott nodded, "Get the necklace." He repeated.

Clara sighed before pinching the bridge of her nose, "This is going to end badly. I can already feel it."

"Get the necklace." Scott repeated once more until his face twisted in confusion as he turned to Clara, "Clara?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you smell like Derek?"

Her eyes widened, "No reason!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"How the hell did he find out?" Clara screeched as she walked in between Stiles and Scott down the hallway.

"I have no idea!" Scott answered.

Her eyes widened as she gripped onto Scott's arm tightly, "Does he know about me!"

"I don't know!

"Did he say it out loud - the word?" Stiles questioned.

"What word?"

"Werewolf." Stiles hissed, hastily looking behind him, "Did he say, 'I know you're a werewolf?"

"No, but he implied it pretty freaking clearly." Scott stressfully snapped back.

"Okay, maybe it's not as bad as it seems. I mean, he doesn't have any proof, right? And if he wanted to tell someone, who's gonna believe him anyway?" Stiles tried to reassure him but it wasn't working very well.

"How about the Argents." Clara said through gritted teeth, glancing to Stiles over her shoulder.

Stiles nodded rapidly, "Okay, it's bad."

"I need a cure. Right now." Scott panicky said. Derek had apparently told Scott that there was a cure. It comes from killing the Alpha. Clara never heard of such thing so she didn't exactly know if it was true or not. But Scott seemed intent on finding out.

"Does he know about Allison's father?"

"I don't know."

"Okay, where's Derek?" Stiles asked.

Clara looked over at Stiles, narrowing her eyes "Hiding, like we told him to. Why?"

"I have another idea. It's gonna take a little time and finesse, though." Stiles explained.

"We have that game tonight. It's quarterfinals. And it's your first game." Scott pointed out.

"I know, I know." Stiles said, sighing. "Look, do you have a plan for Allison yet?"

"She's in my next class."

"Get the necklace."

Clara walked into the girl's bathroom and went in front of the sink. Already this day was turning into complete crap and it wasn't because she failed her math test. God, did she hate math! Letting a sigh escape her lips, Clara turned on the sink and wash her hands.

But Clara froze once she heard the soft sound of someone crying. Confused, Clara bent down and looking under the stalls to see someone in one of them. She walked over and leaned against the door, awkwardly, "Are you okay in there?"

"Clara?" The girl whimpered and she recognized it as Allison's voice.

"Ally? Are you okay? What happened?" Clara pestered her from the other side of the door.

"Scott." Allison weakly said, followed by more sobs.

"Allison, come out here."

As Clara backed away from the door, Allison slowly opened the door and came out. Her eyes were filled with unleashed tears and redness was all over her face, her eyes puffy as well.

"What happened with Scott?" Clara demanded. She may not have thought breaking up with Scott was the totally wrong and stupid decision to make but that didn't mean Clara still wouldn't be her friend.

Allison sniffled, "He sent me photos of him and me and I just-" She was interrupted by her crying. Clara pulled Allison towards her and wrapped her arms around her shaking body, letting Allison cry into her shoulder.

"Listen, Ally, I know that breakups are hard and tough. Do I think you should have broken up with Scott? No. But just because you two are not together, doesn't mean you should cry over him." Clara comforted her.

"Okay." Allison mumbled before pulling away, wiping the stray tears that rolled gracefully down her pale cheeks.

"You see? I'm not a totally bitch." Clara said, trying to lighten the mood. Allison's face brightened up as she started to giggle. Clara then hugged her tightly. Allison may be an Argent but she was still her friend, no matter.

Chapter thirteen is here!

~ ~ ~ monrox (Katie)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 647 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
321K 6.6K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...
539K 12.6K 42
--I DON'T OWN TEEN WOLF THAT RIGHT GOES TO JEFF DAVIS WHO IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, THE ONLY PEOPLE I OWN IN THE STORY IS FREY, RIKA, ERIK, FINN, AND MI...
171K 4.9K 25
Stiles drags Scott into the woods to look for a body where he just manages to avoid being caught. He finds his friend getting attacked and bitten by...