𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 �...

By fightmetruckers

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ 𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚. 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒑 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎... More

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 : 1
01 : 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊
02 : 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃
03 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
04 : 𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
05 : 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒
06 : 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒
07 : 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
08 : 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋
09 : 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇
10 : 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋
11 : 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐀𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂
12 : 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒
13 : 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒
14 : 𝐒𝐍𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐒
15 : 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒
16 : 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄
17: 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐅
18 : 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓
19: 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐘
20 : 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
21 : 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑
22 : 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓
23 : 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄
24 : 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋
25 : 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄
26 : 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
27 : 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐃
28 : 𝐙𝐎𝐎
29 : 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋
30 : 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐎
31 : 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃
33 : 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘
34 : 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄
35 : 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄
36 : 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑
37 : 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃
38 : 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐘𝐄𝐒
39 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄
40 : 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑
41 : 7 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎
𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

32 : 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄

6.6K 254 39
By fightmetruckers

Jungkook's POV:

This was it. I was going to do this.

My eyes continued to focus on the front door waiting patiently for it to open. It hadn't been that long since Y/N left to go attend the meeting for me, which I still had mixed feelings about.
I had always done my own work and never wanted to hand it off to someone else. I know she was capable, especially with Jimin there with her, but it made me feel lazy and irresponsible.

I sighed as I found myself tapping my foot over and over again. Since the moment she had left I had been doing nothing but thinking.
I had managed to get a few bites down though, and with the pounding in my head now a dull ache, but I still couldn't ease my stomach. Or heart.

My stomach was in knots and I felt panic. The things I wanted to say to Y/N when she returned were things I never thought I would ever mutter.

Well, I guess I never thought I would ever feel this way towards anyone too. I'm quickly learning that there is a first for everything.
Plus, she now knew about my new project. I wonder what expression she made when she found out. I felt a small smile form on my lips. She probably got all wide eyed and forced herself not to cry.
I can see it now though, that large smile that she gave off. The one she always gave when she was truly happy.
Oh god I hope that was what she did.

And I only pray that she does the same when I speak my mind.

I began to tap my fingers in thought. The cold metal of my wedding band rubbed up against my other fingers, causing me to stop and look at it. I brought the hand up in front of me and began to move it with my other hand.

The color was silver. It was also plain and something I never thought I would be wearing on my hand. Yet I found myself really fond of it. It was something new, something refreshing. It wasn't at all connected to how my life was before.

It held more meaning.

And Y/N held one that looked identical to it on her own hand. Would she want to keep such a thing on her hand?
Suddenly the front door opened and snapped me out of my thoughts. I stood and waited to see Y/N's smiling face-

"Y/N?"

I frowned and quickly went to her side as she jolted in and slammed the door behind her.
Her back rested against the design of it as her eyes closed and her breathing was heavy.
Had she been running? Why would she be doing that? Something wasn't right. Her face was stained with tears yet again.

"What the hell happened?"

I questioned, worried. There were so many things that could have gone wrong since she had been gone, I didn't even know what to think.

When she didn't answer me yet again, I reached out and touched her arm. Instantly she gasped and winced. Her eyes opened up and those grey orbs found mine.
Why was she acting scared of me? Was she... Did I really frighten her?

The doubts that came running in quickly vanished as Y/N's body was instantly thrown into mine. Her arms wrapped around my waist and her head buried into my chest. I didn't hesitate to wrap my own arms around her small frame and hold her close.

"Why is life so cruel?" she asked gently.

I could feel her crying softly as well, which I always hated.

"God I'm so pissed right now!" she added.

With her still tucked away in my protection, I kept one arm around her and used my other hand to gently tuck it under her chin. I lifted it so that I could get a better look at her. Once her tear stained face masked in regret and frustration came into view I studied it for a moment.

"What happened Lee?" I asked softly.

Her expression turned more regretful and sad.

"I'm sorry I was so weak, Jungkook."

"You weak?" I scoffed. "That's impossible."

I told her honestly. It was the truth. She was the strongest person I knew. Sure, physically she wasn't the strongest, but her will and passion and drive was stronger than anyone else I had ever met.
What on earth had her so distraught-

"Namjoon kissed me."

My body went stiff and I could feel Y/N's body tense up at the reaction. Kim... he... he touched Y/N?
I could feel the anger rise in my body from my toes all the way up to the top of my head. I know a kiss didn't mean much, hell that was barely nothing...

But her lips were mine.

"What happened, Y/N?" I demanded to know this time. I couldn't keep my voice from growing darker, but I didn't let her move away from me. It helped that she didn't try to push away either.
Her hands slowly slid up so they rested by her face on my chest.
I watched her face turn slightly away as she finally began to tell me what happened.

"Jimin and I got out of the meeting early. Everything went great." she started off with.

Well, that was one thing I didn't have to worry about then. But still, I was having trouble not putting a hole in the nearest wall.

"The weather is so perfect today and we were only a few blocks from here... so I had Jimin leave without me so I could walk and enjoy the beauty of the day." Her fingers caught my shirt as she made fists.

"... as soon as he was out of sight I let my guard down for one moment to take in the sun. That's when he grabbed me from behind and pulled me into a nearby alley-"

"He tried to kidnap you!?"
I couldn't believe my ears. That's exactly what it sounded like!

"It felt like it." she admitted.

"But not knowing it was him, I fought him and bit him hard to get him to release me. Once I was free, I tried to run away but that's when I heard him call me. I was so stunned that Namjoon's voice was being heard, I froze."

Y/N sighed and finally relaxed her hands, but this time
leaned her forehead back against my chest.

"He said he wanted to talk. I was pretty frightened by what he was going to do, so I stayed and listened. He-"

She stopped.

"He what?"
I encouraged, still feeling the anger grow, but finally being able to soften my voice a bit to encourage her. I needed to know everything that happened. He had put his greedy, filthy hands on my Y/N. I needed to make sure I knew the best punishment for him.

"He said he that he had always loved me. That he thought I never felt that way towards him and that's why he went and dated Eugene. He talked as if he wanted me to give him a second chance. Well, that wasn't going to happen.
I told him off and tried leaving again, but that's when he... um... pinned me and kissed me."

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

Y/N's POV:

I couldn't look him in the eyes right now.
I only ever wanted to kiss Jungkook and knowing that some other man took advantage of me made me frustrated and
scared.

I could feel his solid chest against my forehead rise and fall evenly. I was surprised that he hadn't let me go since the first time I told him. No, he actually kept me in his arms and held me tightly as if to keep me protected from anything the world could throw at me.

How could I feel so safe with such a simple thing of his arms being around me?

Then just as sudden I felt the warmth of his embrace leave my body as he released me. I didn't and couldn't say anything as I peeked and watched him walk away from me and towards the bedroom.

Not another word was said.

I felt the tears prick at my eyes again. Maybe I shouldn't have told him. Maybe I should have kept that to myself.

Ugh! What am I saying?
I couldn't keep something like that away from him! If I wanted to have a real relationship with him I had to be honest with him about things like this...

Yet did this mean he didn't want to work on things? Weren't we still going to talk? Does he think I still have some feelings for Namjoon?
I felt as if I couldn't move from the spot I was in. What was the point? He walked away without saying anything... should I go in after him and try to talk some more? Or should I leave him to figure things out?
What was he thinking and feeling anyways?

It felt like forever, but it was only a few minutes when I saw Jungkook reappear before me. I looked at him, stunned to see what I did.
He was all dressed, hair slicked back, and in a business suit.

"A-Are you leaving?" I asked softly.

What was he doing? I watched him grab his wallet and stuff it into his back pocket, then his watch and throw it onto his wrist.

His face was sharp and hard. Now with his stubble gone I could see the expressions of his face so much better than before. He looked angry. He looked focused.

"Jungkook?"

Once he had gathered all of this things, he looked up at me finally. His eyes were darkened. I held my breath as he walked up to me to stand right where he just was before he walked away. I sucked in a breath in surprise as Jungkook reached his hand up and gently wiped a stray tear that escaped onto my cheek.

His eyes, softened as they studied my face.

"I have something I need to take care of." he told me with his deep voice.
I swallowed hard.

"You're not going to-"

Jungkook cut me off by pressing his lips against mine. The kiss was needy, but sweet and gentle. I couldn't help but kiss him back, having the need to imprint the feel of his lips back onto my own. I never wanted to remember that horrible, hard, overpowering kiss that Namjoon gave me.

Jungkook's was caring. It was slow and sweet. I could feel his anger and sorrow mixed in, but it was all because he cared for me, not because he was trying to be selfish.
And he also had one thing that Namjoon never had.

Self control.

Jungkook pressed into the kiss once more before he broke the contact. His hand, still caressing my cheek, gently wiped away a few more tears that had fallen.

His amazing brown eyes gazed into my own eyes.

"No more crying. He will never bother you ever again."

"Jungkook I'm so sorry-"

"Shh." he stopped me.

"You have done nothing wrong. I'll be back shortly."

If it was anyone else besides Jungkook, I would have been worried about what he was going to do. Yet, even though I was still nervous, I knew that he was in full control of his actions. How did he do that?

I knew things would be okay and that Jungkook would keep his word.

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

Namjoon's POV:

Damn it! Why did she react that way!?
Didn't she still feel something for me?! I thought that if I actually kissed her then her true feelings would come out and she would finally leave Jeon.

That bastard!

I hated him with a passion.
I could feel the anger nestle itself in my chest. He was the worst.
He was stuck up, cocky, and he took Y/N away from me! Yes, I still had Eugene, but I had to get back what was mine.
Y/N was my friend, my assistant, she was mine. I had been going against that bastard for far too long for him to come in and steal away the last thing that mattered to me!

I just know he had done something to make her marry him!

There was no way in hell she would ever fall in love with someone like him! Something had to have happened for her to actually stay close to him!
Was he blackmailing her!?
Was he using her?!

I had to find a way to get back at him... I had to get her back.
My phone suddenly rang and I angrily pulled it out of my pocket and answered it.

"What is it!?"

"Namjoon! What's going on!?"

"What do you mean, Eugene?" I growled.
Why was she now attacking me!?

"I was just kicked out of my office and fired! Why the hell did you do that!?"

I froze, confused.

"What the hell are you saying? There is no way, I run the company."

"I was told that your boss, the owner of the company is the one who made the decision! Did he tell you about this!?"

Wait... what!?

"That's not right! He always talks to me first! Damn it!"

I quickly ran over and got into my car that was parked not too far away.

"Calm down, I'm heading there now! I'll take care of this!"
I hung up the phone without waiting for a reply.

Something wasn't right. Why did Eugene get fired!? Especially without me knowing!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

603K 26.7K 38
When circumstances force Park Jihye into a loveless marriage of convenience with the younger brother of the person she has loved with her whole heart...
597K 17.5K 63
We've been friends since we were 17. That's how our friendship starts. He's a married man now. "Where are you?" - he asked on the phone. "Home. Why...
182K 9.2K 98
When your fiancé cheats on you with his mistress on your wedding day, you are determined to return home as a married woman. May it be by being a brid...
308K 10.3K 49
Where two idiots doesn't know what relationship they have....! But still doesn't even bother to search for the answer.!! JEON JUNGKOOK The powerful C...