My Phoenix - Sprite

By maddie1cheer

Lena has always been smart, being a child genius helped. She was taken by HYDRA at the age of 4, where they p... More

Welcome
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 10

603 13 8
By maddie1cheer

Sprite POV

I couldn't tell what my feelings were, Ikaris was family and was always there for me even after everyone else left. Lena never left my side since this started, she was my shoulder to cry on, my light, my flame. I couldn't let them hurt her but I won't hurt Ikaris either. I shouldn't have brought Lena with me, I should have sent her home to her family. I have a mission. I should have listened to Sersi when she said to not interfur, but I let my emotions get to me and become attached to human.

"You know when you told me you had family problems I didn't think it would be this bad." Lena said coming over to me. "The family that you have loves you, you're lucky to have them and they're lucky to have you. Sprite?" I looked up at her and nodded tears in my eyes.

"Why was I made this way?" I asked. She looked at me and her eyes glowed as she fell to the ground. "Lena? Lena? Flame? What's happening?" I asked, scared something was wrong. I picked her up and took her into the lab, catching Makkari and Thena's attention.

What happened? Makkari questioned as the emergence started. Lena opened her eyes and looked frantically. Phastos sent Makkari to find where it was starting.

"Lies, fire, destruction, death." Lena said in a daze, before coming back to herself. Sersi and Ikaris walked in. Thena helped to hold Lena up.

"I'm close to figuring it out." Phastos announced as Ikaris shot him.

"Boss, what are you doing?" Kingo questioned.

"I've let this go on long enough." Ikaris exclaimed Lena glared at him with nothing but pure hatred.

"Don't hurt him!" Sersi said holding Phastos.

"He lied to us. He already knew about the emergence." Sersi said.

"No, he didn't." Kingo said in denial.

"Ajak told me everything when we left Babylon." Ikaris told the group.

"What?" Kingo asked, not believing what he heard.

"You were never gonna let us stop the emergence." Phastos put together.

"No. I only wanted to protect you from the Deviants." Ikaris told us.

"If Ajak wanted you to take her place, why did she choose me? What have you done?" Sersi asked.

"He killed her." Lena and Druig said at the same time.

"In cold blood he fed her to the deviants, all he cares about is your stuipd mission!" Lena yelled infuriated.

"I had to." Ikaris tried to defend.

"She loved you." Sersi siad crying. I could feel the tears pricking at my eyes pleading to fall.

Lena POV

"Did she?" Ikaris questioned.

"She loved you." Sersi said again.

"Do you think it was easy to live with the truth? To know that one day all this would end? To keep on lying to you? If we gave humanity the choice, how many of them would be willing to die so that billions more could be born?" Ikaris tried to wager.

"We're not giving them a choice. Is this why you're willing to kill? You are so pathetic!" Phastos yelled.

"I'm an Eternal, Phastos. I exist for Arishem. As do you. It's who you are." Ikaris stated. I looked at him in discus.

"I wouldn't change a single thing about who I am. Born or made. But I do not exist for Arishem, I exist for my family!" Phastos yelled. I spun flames in my hands ready to fight.

"Then you are making the same mistake Ajak did." Ikaris told him. I threw a flame at him.

"You are willing to murder billions of innocent people at the cost of what?" I asked, I couldn't calm myself all my anger, sadness and betrayal was welling up.

"You wouldn't understand. You are human, emotional, weak, unstable, you were made to be a monster." Ikaris concluded, he stated all the things I was afraid of becoming, I looked at them and they all looked at me in fear. I was in my true form, cracks along my skin made of fire and magma, body and hair ablaze.

"Желите чудовиште можете имати чудовиште."(You want the monster you can have the monster). For the first time in a long time I spoke in my native tongue of Sokovian. Makkari came in.

I found Tiamut. She signed. Ikaris tried to hit Makkari but hit Kingo instead.

"Kingo." Ikaris said, walking towards him. Kingo and I got ready to hit Ikaris.

"You do not turn against your family. Gilgamesh died because of you." Kingo said. I moved to stand next to Kingo.

"You won't succeed against me. And I will kill every one of you if I have to." Ikaris said simply.

"They may not but I will." I said finally letting my Sokovian accent come through. I aimed to kill him, but Sprite spoke up.

"Wait. I'm going with you." Sprite said I stopped what I was doing and dropped my hands.

"Sprite..." Sersi said.

"Red?" I choked out. Looking at her with tears in my eyes.

"I should have believed Ikaris, no one can ever love a child who never ages." Sprite said before vanishing off. I dropped to the floor.

Why did Sprite go with Ikaris? Makkari signed.

"Because she loves him. Oh, you guys didn't pick up on that? He really fooled us, didn't he? Karun, let's go." Kingo said I couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"Wait, where the hell are you going?" Phastos asked.

"I can't help you guys. I still think Ikaris is right." Kingo told us.

"So, that's it, huh? Just gonna follow him?" Phastos questioned him.

"I love the people of this planet. But if you stop this emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem. But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs." Kingo said before walking out.

We need you. Makkari signed to him.

"Even with my help, we're no match. It's Ikaris. But... I hope to see you on the next planet." Kingo said before walking out with Kuran in tow. Kuran bid us farewell and left.

"What just happened?" Phastos asked no one in particular.

"Sprite left and I turned into a monster. I have to go. If I'm not back in ten minutes I am far gone." I said before walking out. I walked out of the Domo thinking about Sprite's last words to me. What did Ikaris say to make her think I wouldn't love her.

Sprite POV

I sat near the volcano with Ikaris thinking about Lena and what Ikaris told me.

(Flashback)

Phastos and Lena where with Jack, Ikaris came over to me.

"You know she will grow old and you will stay young forever, how can she truly love you. She is a threat and a distraction, focused on the problem at hand." Ikaris said in my ear before walking back over to Sersi.

(End of flashback)

"I'm glad you're here. Thank you, Sprite." Ikaris said, looking over to me.

"Was what you said true? Was it all fake?" I asked him, but he turned away and didn't answer. I knew I made a mistake, but Lena wouldn't take me back even if I tried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 847 21
In the beginning... with the chaos of the Deviants Cora never failed to protect the humans from the pain, the fear, nor the dangers. A telepathic e...
26.6K 738 15
eris never had anything in life. she never had a full life. never had anyone stay. never felt welcomed into the avengers. the world called her a he...
649K 7.3K 56
Note: this is a Infinite Stratos x male reader story. You are 15 and your best friend is Ichka Orimora and has been since both of your older Sister...
34.1K 674 18
-Druig x OC COMPLETE "She who hides" after all that is what my name means. And it's the thing I'm best at. What happens when Calypso decides that...