sacred profanity , EREN.

By notsaIgic

⠀ ⠀ ⠀❛ ⠀. . . how⠀bout ⠀we ⠀celebrate ,⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ like⠀the ⠀good ⠀days⠀⠀ ? ❜ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ❛... More

𝖲𝖠𝖢𝖱𝖤𝖣 𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖥𝖠𝖭𝖨𝖳𝖸

⁰ ⁰ ¹

20 0 0
By notsaIgic

࣪˖ ⌕ ⋆ ࣪. . '

      Long digits curled around the leather coating of your steering wheel. With each squeeze came a slight creak elicited by the tension that was brought upon it. Your tension. A nerve wracking intensity that only augmented quicker by the second , each thought in your head adding to the static that blazed across your nerves.

       Coming back ... it certainly wasn't the brightest idea. But certain reasons were persuasive enough to lure you back into this dull state. A perfect word to describe it would be gloomy. That's what anyone ever said about it when asked. This part of Paradis was the darkest , not only because of the appearance but due to the people that came along with it. An identical copy to Forks , Washington and whilst the aesthetics were beautiful , it's true nature certainly was not.  Not because it contained any vampires of any sort , werewolves , half breeds .. or at least that's what you knew of , but because the darkness that surrounded this town had a way of corrupting the hearts of its people. Quick. Fast. Bloody.

       You were lucky to get out when you could , earning yourself an opportunity in Marley where things were the complete opposite. Brighter. Happier. Richer. A city of lights and life. Not the dead streets that were clogged up with fog and the stained scent of petrichor that never really went away.
You make sure to take a good amount of that very scent into your body. You had missed it for your year of absence and had almost forgotten what Paradis had smelled like. Thankfully , it was the natural remedy to your anxiousness , calming the eruption of nerves in your stomach and soothing the rush of blood in your limbs.

"Your destination is on the right."

      Breaking your gaze with the lit up screen , your eyes narrow towards the scene in front of you. Piles of junk ... no. Hills , to be exact , towering over the crowd of people that littered the few spaces between each mountain of chaos. According to your old best friend , Sasha Braus , junkyard parties had been the talk of the year as of recently. They were the perfect escape from the pounding possessiveness created by the boomers of Paradis , to do absolutely whatever the fuck.

       You slam the door of your car , waiting for the familiar chirp that announces it's safety and security before bringing your eyes back towards the screen , thumbs texting away in search of your friends.

「 𝗚𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗧𝗢𝗡 」

i'm here. where r u?

OMGKSIF !!!
UR HERE !
i'M COMING IM VOMING
ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵃᵗ ¹⁰ ⁴²

Judging Sasha and her awful ability to lock her attention span on a certain goal for too long , you figure you'll be waiting a while. Fingers sink into the heave of your hair , ruffling up your locks in the mirror of your side mirror and contemplating whether it would be best to tuck a few strands behind your ear , or keep it fluffed. The decision rolls back and forth in your mind , a distraction from the anxiety that had returned to your body and set it ablaze.

A loud squeal sets off in your ear. Quite a familiar one too. "OH MY GOD." Sasha screeches , but you hadn't expected the fall of a sudden weight clashing against your body , pushing you off the balance of your feed. Long arms snake around you , threatening to squeeze the life out of you with each clutch. "You're here !!"

But you can't help but laugh , flushed cheeks from the winter's wrath perking upwards at the stretch of your mouth.

"You look amazing ~" Sasha sing-songed , her voice rich with the energy that radiated infectiously to those around her.

"I've missed you so much." As she pulls away , you deny the break of contact and yank her in for yet another hug. It feels like you can breathe properly once again , having suffocated for a long time until your body met with your best friend's embrace once again.

Light hearted giggles were exchanged. You made sure to admire her differentiating features once you pulled away , a hand still resting at her shoulder as an inspective stare grazed over those grown details. Her hair had gotten shorter and tugged back into a ponytail , bangs no longer obscured the sight of pools of hazelnut.

"You should have let me and Jean pick you up ! Could've paid Mcdonald's a visit for old times sake."
You shook your head , waving off the generous offer. "I needed the drive anyway ! Come on , where's everyone?"

Slender digits laced around your wrist before you were immediately dragged into the open space and the ocean of college students. Everyone hung out in groups or pairs littered across the vast yard , tables were set up to the side to provide refreshments and ... a shit load of bottles. A couch that was almost rotten to the core contained five people mounted atop one another , synchronizing their exhales of the thick smoke. Such a place known for it's dead habits was brought to life on this very night.

A loud roar cut through your throats , alertful eyes snapping towards the source only to reveal one man. Connie Springer. That slight gape in your mouth twisted to a teethy grin , you weren't surprised with how long you knew Connie. Sober him was one thing , but drunk Connie was someone else.

A laugh of surprise came out with the gasp. "He's drunk , isn't he?"

"Wasted ! Said he wanted to try and black out tonight."

"Seriously? Why?" It wasn't much of a surprising fact , Connie had always been a spontaneous being.

"Tradition ! We get shit-faced before the first week of college."

A part of you felt disheartened at the reminder of your absence. You hadn't been around to experience the creation of such traditions ... you hadn't been around to watch Sasha grow up , or Connie's personality to increase with fury.

Luckily , Connie balanced on the flat table , elevating himself among the crowd of boys that surrounded him. Some cheered , others extended their hands to steady him. A mix of wildlife and cautiousness.

"Get down , dumbass !" There was one voice ... a one of a kind that would nail such a perfect insult in the tone you were used to. Your heart fluttered at the recognition , an electric shock sprinted up your spine and sent the gush of memories that infiltrated your brain.

You couldn't have recognised him from far away , not when his hair had grown out to tickle just at the nape of his neck , inked with a foreign black. Jean Kirstein had always been tall but as you slowly approached the huddled testosterone , you realized that he only grew taller ... unless you had shrunk.

Too distracted to take notice of your presence , you were quite thankful for the opportunity to pat off the flush in your features. Despite it being normal , you weren't so welcoming to the act ... not now at least.

"That's ... ?"

But frankly the answer was rather unneeded , seeming how Connie's actions supplied it. Extending a digit to target the one and only foreign guest of the party ... you. "Holy shit! It's –" Eyes followed his finger's direction at the voicing of your name , heads turning and soon enough the one head you didn't want to turn just yet opposed your wishes. "What the fuck?!" Connie's laughter echoed in the background , crawling off the table to push through the crowd and get to you in an instant.

Once again , you were attacked with an abrupt hug ... but processing it was a difficult act when you were too distracted with mooned caramels that eyed you with utter shock and surprise.

"... It's been for - fucking - ever , man !" The boastful energy in his voice began to seep away and you sensed a pout coming from him , then the unexpected clinginess as he nuzzled his face in the crook of your neck and embraced you with a warm tenderness. A hand of yours lifted to gently rub at the back of his shoulder blades , but your attention was still deadlocked on Jean.

"Hey buddy ," Jean snapped , gripping at Connie's shoulder and attempting to peel him off of you. "Come on , man."

Drunk Springer sighed with a painful whine , surrendering to the force of Jean's hand and finally unleashing the lock of his arms , giving Jean the space he needed for his own hug. Only .. the open space lingered on more than it should have.

"Let's get you a shirt." And what was once a surprised look , now resigned into bitterness , evident from his dulled gaze and the rejection of your arrival.

You swallowed the large lump that bundled in your throat , dry from the nervousness and the pang of hurt. Why did you think things would be different ? A year apart wouldn't be enough to pardon the hurt you inflicted on him. Biting at your cheek , you curse in your head at your selfishness and accept Jean's reaction as none other than reasonable and well deserved.

"Hey !" The call of your name beckons your attention back to reality , collecting the current state of your surroundings as you begin to discover Marco Bodtt's body reigning over your own. A mooned expression processes the growth and change of the freckled boy who had once kept the constant innocence plastered towards his face ... giving off a sense of gentleness to his interactions. Now ... he had completely transformed. The curls on his head were slicked back in a longer and flatter bunch , a couple of strands ticking the bridge of his nose , separated from the pile. "It's good to see you again."

His hands bury deep into the pockets of his sweats , his lean body curved at his stance. You returned the soft smile , making sure to avoid outing your obvious stare that lingered on longer than it should have. "Missed me?"

"Course I did !" He laughed shortly. "How was the city?"

Just before you could answer , Sasha jumped up at her interruption. "I'm gonna check up on Connie , yeah?" You nodded , the concern beginning to bite at you. He never handled his alcohol well ... "Don't pull any weird shit , Marco!"

Watching her disappear between the crowd , you return your gaze back towards the taller man. "Peachy!" Far from it , actually. "Yeah , the city's great. Should've paid me a visit."

"I would've if I wasn't so busy looking after Jean." You blink in confusion before settling into the statement and realizing it was just a consequence of your actions. "Y-y'know , with college and shit ! Struggled with his applications and all ! Then his classes ..."

You decided to dismiss the truth behind the initial statement with a soft laugh. "So , junkyard? Jaeger's house not a good spot anymore ?"

The two of you begin to distance from the empty table , strolling around the field. "Nah , his brother's been bunking there for a while."

"Zeke's back?" Zeke was a well-known baseball player ... according to Jean , he'd travel a lot for games and such ... the accountant career never stuck with him as his father had hoped so.

Marco nodded with a hum , his mouth gaping to trail on before a loud yelp soared out.

"Connie ! I swear to god — " Sasha's gag reflexes followed , twisting her body away from a crouched Connie who hugged his stomach in pain. She kicked off her shoes , which you could spot from the distance , stained with the contents of Connie's stomach ...

A hand covers your mouth in disgust , trying to avoid the contagious nausea.

"You okay?"

"Yeah ... just ," You wave a hand in defense.

"I should go help them out , try getting some water!" Marco calls out , hurrying off to offer his assistance as usual. Always a giver , that one.
A hesitant gulp echoes in your ears as you peel yourself away from the sight , taking Marco's advice and investigating the area for any nearby tables. Finally , your gaze landed upon the coolers set up.
Whoever had planned this party was obviously thinking well and had calculated a good balance between the alcohol and the water , which was a rarity compared to all the other parties you'd been to. Thankfully the table was a good length away from Connie's sick mess ... your ears safe from the burdening of his sickness and thus protecting you from catching it too. Eyes flutter close as you allow the cold water to infiltrate the bundle of anxiety balled up in your chest , shoulders sulking in relaxation. So far , the night was well ... with one individual being out of sight.

Your attention is stolen by a frustrated sigh to your side , narrowing your gaze towards the tall figure beside you. Once again , the universe had reunited you two together ... it seemed as though it was keen on doing so. Firm hands gripped the edge of the table as Jean took a steady breath to calm his nerves. Cooper hues finally take notice of your unintended presence , returning the frown that kicked down the corners of his lips and altered the attitude of his movements. He wasn't happy at all ... perfectly reflected with the way he forcefully yanked out a couple of bottles from the cooler and struggled to avoid your gaze.

Swallowing the large lump that formed in your throat , you decide to seize the moment , breaking the ice between you two. "It's good seeing you again." You begin , offering the box of tissues that hid behind the edge of the cooler. 'You look great."

Silence drowns up the space between ... you wonder if he'll ignore it. But then again ... you wouldn't blame him. "Thanks." Instead , he ignores the tissue box. Turning around to make his way back to Connie.

Following him seems ... desperate. But nobody would calculate such a thing ... thanks to Connie as a perfect excuse. Your feet begin to carry you closer behind the ashy-brunette , eager to catch up to him.

Until , you wished you hadn't. Eyes instantly snap to a different direction after meeting the mess on the floor , plastering your sight on the curled up individual instead. Connie sulked exhaustingly , sickness evident in the paling of his skin.

Meanwhile , Jean got to work , offering Connie a bottle of water to absorb the heavy intoxication.
You meet his distant gaze while the other busies himself with hydration. Jean stands up once again , dusting his hands against his trousers , making his way towards you. "You shouldn't be here."

"I want to help." Though ... there wasn't really much you could do.

Jean scoffed , yanking the tissue box out of your grip. Usually , you wouldn't be opposed to hearing your name roll off of his tongue ... if it weren't for the sour tone that twisted it. "... there's nothing to help with. Besides , you'd only make a bigger mess anyway." He quickly dismisses , forcing his back to your eyes as he steadies his best friend onto his feet.
A slight whimper escapes Springer's lips , his feet struggling to flatten against the ground and thankfully your hands had caught his arm before he could collapse back down ... bringing Jean with him. He mutters slurred 'thank yous' , to which Jean takes offense in as he pulls Connie away from your proximity.

"Seriously ... piss off."

Arms fall to your side ... taken aback by the sudden shove and the bitter rejection. Jean clearly hated your arrival. If it were anyone else , you wouldn't have cared. But he was the reason for your return ... part of it at the very least.
Your ears ring at the abrupt tut of disappointment that ticks not too far from you. When your gaze inspected the source , regret resigned to a faint twist in your stomach. Speaking of people who you had hoped would piss off ... the brunette bore a mocking grin at your appearance. Despite his alteration in appearance , you could recognise that pathetic beam anywhere.

"Looks like someone isn't so happy to see you ~"

You instantly regret ever stepping foot in this place ... the last person you had wanted to see. The reasoning behind your departure , Eren fucking Jaeger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.9K 37
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
344K 12.1K 54
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
101K 808 19
|𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑| ~•𝐉𝐮𝐣𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧•~ ~•𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬•~ ~•𝐘/𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚...
343K 12.5K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...