Entangled Knot

By _manan__

They say that being grown-up means you have survived at least three disasters and one apocalypse. Quite often... More

Author's Note
Characters sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 20

Chapter 19

1.3K 170 25
By _manan__

Author's Note

Hey guys I am back after a very long gap nearly after 6 months. So before starting this chapter I want to give a small precap of the last chapter as I have updated the last chapter quite a long time ago.

Precap

Manik's visit to Nandini's house is increasing. He tried a lot to at least have a normal conversation with her. Manik learned about Nandini's interest in books and paintings from Abhi. He used that as a means to have a conversation with Nandini. Tarak became shocked on hearing his bhai's interest in books and paintings as he usually hates those things.  Nandini noticing the changes in manik and became very close with Tarak. She was worried about Abhi as he was distancing himself from her. Abhi tells Nandini about him going back to Dubai and asking her to stay with Malhotra's. Abhi advising Nandini to give a chance to her and Manik's relationship.

__________________________
This part is not edited.As I didn't had time for doing that.
__________________________

Author's PoV

"Mukthi Dii...Dii..where are you?" Tarak came shouting inside Malhotra's house after visiting Nandini. He couldn't stop his shoes before telling the newfound information about his brother. He found Mukthi in her room with headphones plugged in and talking to someone over the phone.

Mukthi saw him coming towards her and said, "I am busy right now. So get out."

But Tarak being him didn't mind that and went near her and plucked the headphones hastily. Seeing him Mukthi shouted, "Why the heck did you do that? Are you crazy? Give my headphones back."

Tarak whisper yelled, "Please cut that call now. I want to say something important to you."

Being annoyed by his behaviour she cut that call and asked him, "Spill it!"

"You won't believe what I am saying. But I am saying the truth-"

Mukthi cut Tarak in the middle and said, "I know about your BBC reporter skills so Don't beat around the bush. Come straight to the point."

Tarak rolled his eyes and continued, "Mr Saddu said he loves books and he is interested in painting. He and books are opposite poles right?"

Mukthi became shocked and asked, "Saddu as in Manik bhai?"

"Hell yes," shouted Tarak.

"NO, I won't believe you. He and books... NEVER. You are lying." replied Mukthi.

"I told you at the beginning itself. I am saying the truth." Tarak answered back.

"Okay, but when did he say that? Did he say that to you?" asked Mukthi.

"I bet you won't believe this too. Yet I am saying this Mr Saddu said this to Nandini bhabhi. I saw that live with my own eyes." After hearing this Mukthi couldn't control her laugh and started laughing.

"Bhai said this to Nandini. Do you want me to be-lie-ve.....th-is.." she couldn't control her laugh and started laughing again.

Tarak said, "Diii this is true. Okay, I will explain the full thing." Then he explained whatever he saw and heard at that moment.

Mukthi was a bit stunned after this, "You mean bhai said all those without even asking and said he like books and paintings."

"Yes he even explained about that a bit ahead like authors, painters, his favourites." notified Tarak.

Muthi said, "But from knowing about him for 24 years I know he hates those and knows nothing about them. Then how can he?"

Then there was a silence. But in a second one thing crossed both of their minds and they both looked at each other and shouted
"He wants to talk to her"~Mukthi
"He is in love"~Tarak

Mukthi smacked her brother's head and said, "Are you nuts!! He just wants to talk with her. Love?? Practically till yesterday, they both were behaving like strangers and today he is in love. I already told you to stop watching those soppy family dramas."

"But dii what was his reason to lie? I guess he wants her attention" retorted Tarak.

"No Dumbo it's simple he wants to have a friendly talk with her and be normal at least, not like strangers," stated Mukthi. Tarak made an O-face at her reply.

"Is it because Manik bhai likes her?" asked Tarak.

"Maybe!!" replied Mukthi.

Tarak excitedly asked, "Should we do something in this? Like a patch up game or even a cupid?"

"Not again. I know about you and your patch up game. You will name it as a patch up game but it's actually a game that adds more fuel to the burning fire." told Mukthi in an irritated manner.

Tarak replied back, "But I didn't do anything literally Mom and dad were fighting like kids. So I just stated the truth to them."

"Ohh the truth that no one knows like how Dad talked with his school crush when he met her at a restaurant COINCIDENTLY and how Mom will scold her nanad and in-laws when she was with us? Do you think these kinds of things will help them to patch up?"

Mukthi sighed heavily and said, "I just pray to God to give more strength to that one girl who's going to bear all your tantrums in the future. May God bless that poor soul." Tarak rolled his eyes at this.

"Okay let's just simply watch them for a few days. If it seems like we can do something to help them, then we can do something. Till then zip that big mouth of yours." told Mukthi. He acted as if closing his mouth with a zip and made a thumbs up indicating his reply.

Manik's PoV

On the same day night, after dinner, I went to my room and was surfing through my social media account. At that time I got a call from Abhi. He has never called me this late. Is there any problem? I hurriedly took my phone and asked, "Abhi is everything okay? You called this late ?"

He replied, "Hey Manik, everything is fine here. I am thinking about returning to Dubai due to my work. So I want Nandini to stay with you and your family as she will not feel alone there. Is that okay for you?"

When I heard this I was so happy that I can spend more time with her. "Okay, Abhi. She can stay with us. When are you going?" I asked him.

"I think after two days," told Abhi. But suddenly one thing strikes in my mind. In my happiness, I forget her feelings. Because she was not happy when she was here in the past. She was herself when she was there with him.

I hesitantly asked him, "Abhi, Ummm.... Whether Nandini is fine with staying here? With us?"

"Yes, I have already asked her about this. She said she is okay with that." when Abhi said this my happiness was at its peak. I knew she was not happy before but this time I will make her forget all those things and earn happiness here. I couldn't control my happiness. I went out of my room and saw mom sitting in the living area and talking with the cook. I literally ran towards her and hugged her from behind.

She became confused at my antics and asked, "May I know the reason for my son's happiness?"

"When I say that reason you will be happier than me?" I told her.

"Is that so?" she asked. I nodded my head.

"Okay then tell me what was that?" she again asked me.

"Mom, Nandini is coming here to stay with us after two days," I told her.

"What? Are you serious?" Mom asked me in a doubtful tone.

"Yeah mom, she is coming back. Abhi is going back to Dubai due to his work. So he wants Nandini to stay here with us." I informed her.

"Ohh then she will stay with us. This is awesome. Tarak will freak out after hearing this." I rolled my eyes at this.

"Yeah TARAK will be VERY HAPPY," I told that in a sarcastic tone.

Everyone is saying Tarak even Nandini will never consider me when Tarak is there. Arghh he is getting on my nerves. I went to my room and started thinking about her. Many questions arise inside my mind. Will she be okay with staying here with us? When should I apologise to her? Will she accept it? I choose to ignore all those and drifted off to sleep.

The next two days passed in a faster way as I was mostly preparing for her arrival and completing my remaining office work as fast as I could so that I can spend some time with her. When she first came to my home I didn't recognise or liked that but now I want to welcome her. I don't know why I was feeling this way but I like this.

On the day of Abhi's departure, I went to their home with Mom. We both saw Abhi sitting on the lawn with a dull face.

I went forward to talk with him but Mom stopped me and said, "You go inside. I will talk with him." I agreed with her and went in. I waited for them in the living area. After fifteen minutes they both came inside. Abhi looked better. I knew about my mom. She would do some wonders if anyone is feeling low. When I was feeling low on myself, She may talk with me for only five to ten minutes but that will give me the strength to come out from that.

Then Abhi said about Nandini's medicines and her stuff. While talking about that he suddenly stopped that and hesitantly asked Mom, "Nandini is not fully cured till now. So she may need someone's help. So can Vani aunty come there and help Nandini? She will stay in the morning and she will return by night. She is Keechu uncle's wife and she works here. She is like a mother to both of us. She took care of us from childhood. Nandini will feel better with her. Is that okay for you?"

Mom looked at me for a second and answered Abhi, "If Nandini will feel better then I have no problem with this."

Abhi smiled and continued his talk. A few minutes later I told him, "Abhi it's time to leave."

"Okay, Manik. Wait here for a few minutes I want to talk with Nandini about something. I will come back within ten minutes." told Abhi. He returned after fifteen minutes and then we both settled in the car and went towards Airport. Both remained silent in the car.

But when his name was called for boarding he held my hands and said, "Please take care of my Nandu. I know you will do that. But I must say this to you. Please take care of her. She will behave like a spoiled brat sometimes. But if you take some time and explain things to her she will surely hear you. I have a huge trust in you. Keep her happy. "

I assured him, "Yes I will." He bid bye and started his journey. Then I went to Nandini's house to pick up her and Mom. When I entered I saw Nandini with a pale face. She looked as if she cried. I think she would miss Abhi and cried because of that. At that time I felt like I should keep her worry-free and happy.

Seeing me Mom said, "ohh Manik came. Let's leave." I took all her things and kept them in the car. I helped her to sit and then we started our journey toward my home.

A journey that is the same and different. It was the same because it happened during our marriage. But it's different this time because back then I had wrong intentions about her but now that's varied. I want this journey to be filled with happy memories. It is faith that makes our journey possible though our life is marred by my past mistakes and irresponsible acts of mine. I just hope everything turns out well.

When we reached home Navya bhabi did a small Arathi for welcoming Nandini. Everything seemed normal until the arrival of one devil and another angel cum devil. They both literally dragged her inside and started telling her about their stories.

Tarak was asking her to stay away from the food which was cooked by Mukthi and he was saying how bad it taste. Nandini was laughing at his funny comments. True to his words, that food sucks. No human being I mean, not even a little living thing can eat that. It tastes horrible. When I looked at them they were laughing over something and Tarak was counting.

When his count reached five, Mom's loud screech was heard from the kitchen, "Mukthi!! I am going to kill. You have turned my kitchen upside down."

Hearing this all those three started laughing like a manic. I think they would have guessed it before. Because whenever Mukthi does something in the kitchen she will definitely burn everything.

By that time Mom came to the living room and narrowed her eyes at Mukthi and said, "I have already asked you not to try something stupid in my kitchen, then why the heck you have done something like that? I will give you five minutes. Fasten up and clear all that mess you have created."

"Mom I was cooking a new dish for Nandini. But it doesn't end up as I have expected," told Mukthi. What she was cooking Nandini? NO, I will never let that thing happen.

"Whatever! CLEAN THE MESS within five minutes," Mom ordered her in a dominating tone. Mukthi seemed annoyed. Tarak was trying hard to control his smile.

Mukthi smirked at him and told Mom, "Mom even Tarak was helping me in that. We both made that."

"Okay tag him along with you," replied Mom.

"Mom... This is not fair." Tarak whined.

"WITHIN FIVE MINUTES", she ordered in a strict tone and went in. Then they both started fighting over this. I was annoyed with this banter because it's has been happening ever since these two were born.

But among this, I saw one person smiling at this as if it seemed cute. That person was Nandini she was smiling wholeheartedly looking at them.

She was sad before this but now she is happy. Even though every time I was annoyed with their banter but this time I was pretty much happy that it helps her to smile. My heartfelt ease in seeing her like that. Then I spent some time at home and left for the office. I had less work that day than a usual day so I completed it as fast as I could and returned home by eight.

Everyone was having dinner by that time. Seeing me Mom asked me to join them, "Ohh Manik you came early. Come and join us."

"No Mom I am a bit tired. I will freshen up and come." I told her.

I went to my room and took a refreshing shower. When I went to have dinner everyone was in the living room except Mom. She was waiting for me. I went and sat near her. We both had our dinner while discussing about how our day went. Though having dinner with my whole family felt good but this thing gave me happiness and satisfaction. Because I will share my thoughts with her freely and she will teach me a lot of things. We both will share our things. She will be like my best friend and no one can beat her.

While having my dinner I thought about Nandini and asked about her to Mom, "Mom, did everyone had their dinner?"

"Yeah everyone had their dinner and went to their rooms", replied Mom. I just nodded.

Then she immediately asked, "May I know your sudden interest regarding everyone's dinner?" she asked wriggling her eyebrows.

"Umm...No-thin-g... it's just that.....why?? can't I ask about others??" I retorted in a slammed tone.

She pinched my cheeks and said," Yes you can ask about that but it's a new thing. You will never ask such things before but now I guess my son wants to know about something or to be specific he wants to know about someone personally."

I told, "Mom... It's not like that I was-"

She stopped me in the middle and held my hand and told, " You know I am very happy today that you asked about her. I was worried about you both regarding whether you're going to give this relationship a chance or not. But now I got my answers. You took your first step so never step back."

I just nodded not knowing what to say because honestly till now I didn't think about our relationship. I completed my dinner and went to my room not knowing about the person inside it.

When I entered I saw nandini sleeping peacefully. But the night lamp was on and a book was kept aside her. So I silently went near her without making any noise and took the book and kept it on the side table and switched off the lamp. Then I went to my closet and took my night suit and went back to Tarak room. I thought about staying in my room as Nandini in case may need some help but I didn't want to stay there without her permission so I asked Mukthi to stay with her. I drifted off to sleep while remembering about Mom's words regarding giving our relationship a chance.
__________________________

Thank you for reading ❤️✨
Please vote, share and comment.

Hey guys, the reads of my book is 26.7 k and it's 3.25 k votes. I didn't expect this much response when I started writing this book. Thank you all for that.💕

I would like to know your thoughts on my story so please make a comment in the comment box. If you are not comfortable while making a comment then 🙏🏻 please at least hit the star button to make a vote. Your support, comments and votes will encourage me.

I want to tell you guys about this. I will be updating one chapter every week on Monday because I have continued writing from yesterday only so it is tough to manage as I don't have any pre-written chapters and I need to manage my university works as well. so please bear with me. Thank you 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 12.8K 74
#1 in twistsandturns on 29/09/23 𝑨𝒀𝑬𝑺𝑯𝑨 𝑨𝑮𝑵𝑰𝑯𝑶𝑻𝑹𝑰 an Advocate. Fierce. Powerful. Intelligent. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Selfless? No, she's...
24K 2.9K 32
16/12/2022- Ongoing "Didn't I told you to not let him touch you, then why did he? Answer me?" "I am not answerable to you?" "Did you just roll your e...
3.5K 248 26
NOT AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE ROMANCE ✩"Where choices meet destiny ,a story unfolds."✩ _________________ ⋆ Vanya Arora ⋆ ⋅"If I want it, it's mine"⋅ 24...
1.1M 43.5K 70
#1 in India marriage #1 in parth #1 in Nandini #1 in south Indian #6 in fan fiction #3 in soulmates This is a story based on how a forced marriage l...